-
Posts
6 068 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
9
Everything posted by GoldRock
-
Probably around 20 hours, but I usually get a massive headache if I stay awake for more than 15 hours without extended sleep.
-
Kden, I'll quote what I actually said... I assumed he didn't know much about the situation, not that he knows nothing. Assuming the latter, as you continue to assert I did, would be unjustified. However, assuming the former from what he said would be a rather more justified statement to make, considering that's it's likely correct. And I doubt that the employee who managed Raph's case would have checked with someone else; as you said yourself, Raph's account is small-ish and not really that important. I agree that the employee would've had experience in knowing how to handle such cases, but that doesn't mean he can't make any mistakes. That last paragraph, filled with examples of argumentum ad hominem, is something I shall choose to disregard as bothg unsupported and irrelevant.
-
It's a good article, pretty informative. Like Selena said, however, unless it's trying to serve as an advertisement, the purpose isn't that clear. But that'd personally be my only criticism - apart from that, nicely done! Funny thing is, she was a Reporter in the past... In any case, that wouldn't have made her feedback any less valid.
-
Looks normal from the outside... ...but on the inside... A five-player XP team in Sandbox!
-
Review Let's discuss "80K Crystal Paint Review" by Tommy60
GoldRock replied to semyonkirov in Newspaper Archive
True - however, I'd say the main reasons for that are because of the fact that the recent balancing of turrets/hulls made it more powerful, and because of the recent 50% sale on Rico. Before then, despite the Heavy Kit M2, Tommy's statement would've been correct. -
^That doesn't mean it's necessarily a good idea to follow in those footsteps - it's a lot easier to fail your secondary school exams than it is to become a multi-millionaire xD
-
Review Let's discuss "80K Crystal Paint Review" by Tommy60
GoldRock replied to semyonkirov in Newspaper Archive
Fair enough, looking forward to that :p -
If you look at the bit that you yourself underlined, that is not what I assumed. There seems to be a large logical problem here. You seem to be saying that Youtube will have taken great care over terminating his small-ish account, but would ignore those who have complaints over it! I'm glad Youtube doesn't follow your business model, otherwise they'd be bankrupt within a very, very short time. It is very likely that Youtube may only have given the case of Raphael's account to one of its employees, considering the account's size. It is also likely that therefore, they really wouldn't have taken much care over the case. Consequently, it wouldn't be too hard for that one employee to make a mistake in this paritcular case. As for getting the account back, I assume that Youtube is more likely to listen to a complaint than it would have been to take lots of care over Raph's case. After all, it has a reputation to look after. So basically, it really is quite logically flawed to say that Youtube will have been very careful about terminating Raph's small-ish account. At best, they didn't take much care when terminating it, and they'll care if the petition is brought to their notice. At worst, they didn't take much care when terminating it, and they won't care if the petition is brought to their notice. PM me if you wish to have a debate over that (we can call it "Is Google God on Earth?"), though I think EK26 got the right idea about that - Google is a company operated by people, and people can make mistakes. Why else do you think that major companies always have some sort of department for managing complaints/appeals?
-
Why are XP Battles so popular? [by GoldRock]
GoldRock replied to conanthedestroyer in Newspaper Archive
Thanks, guys ^_^ That feedback means a lot coming from an experienced Reporter such as yourself; and nicked by a couple of thousand words, I guess :p -
Review Let's discuss "80K Crystal Paint Review" by Tommy60
GoldRock replied to semyonkirov in Newspaper Archive
The article itself is great, though I have a question - what about the paints in between? Arguably, 250k paints and 80k paints aren't the most popular; personally, I'd see a '150k paint' article (including paints like Emerald, Inferno, Irbis, and Prodigi at the higher end) as really useful, as I'm sure would most other players. I hope you consider writing something about those sort of paints, which are very relevant to both middle and high rankers as more popular, affordable high-protection paints. Other than that, nice job once again ^_^ -
No, it doesn't. However, once the petition's mustered enough support/momentum, the next step for Raphael would probably be to do just that - to bring it to the attention of Youtube. So yeah, I'm sure Raph'll do his best to make sure it reaches Youtube's ears, which shouldn't be too hard to do.
-
Because it would seem that if Raphael missed the point at which he was offensive/used copyrighted material, and so the fact that his sponsors are also unable to pick up on point would make it seem as though that point doesn't exist. Do you know how easy it is to flag a video/series of videos? All I'd need to do would be to fill out a short form - and clearly, someone decided to flag multiple videos of Raphael's, whether correctly or not. As for setting up a petition, it's not like Raph hasn't done his research; it turns out there have been similar cases of people's accounts being unfairly terminated in the past, and in those cases, and open letter/petition were key in grabbing Youtube's attention and getting the accounts back. As for doubting whether petitions can have any effect, I seem to find that assertion rather amusing, and unworthy of response. Go watch the news more. In short, it's not your place to assert that Youtube must be correct here, especially when you don't even know much about this situation. Your comments here are not appreciated.
-
Oi... Maybe he likes your responses, but what's so hard about taking that discussion/argument or whatever to PM? Otherwise, you're sort of breaking rules by carrying it on here - and unless you like warnings/bans as much as the discussion you're having, I doubt that's a good idea xD
-
I'm afraid that arguments for the sake of arguments're never constructive... Usually, they'd lead to flaming, and so divisions instead of co-operation. So yeah, this topic probably isn't entirely appropriate for the forum - sorry 'bout that.
-
I guess that's true - but then again, you wouldn't really want to see the POTD topic just used to post loads of random pics. A mixture of both Tanki and non-Tanki related pictures would probably work best.
-
Well said, Firingsniper. On another note, would you guys see non-Tanki related images as suitable for POTD? Personally, I think only having Tanki related pics would work better, though I guess it depends on the situation.
-
Agreed lol... If that discussion continues, then the posts should probably just be hidden. But hopefully, we can be mature enough not to have to reach that point. Anyways... I.Hy6, don't waste your time - it's really not worth responding, it'd just add fuel to the flaming.
-
CHAMPI0N, take it to PM... Or just leave it. If you know yourself that you respect other players, then there's no point continuing such a discussion. If you know you don't respect other players, then go off and do something about it. Either way, there's no reason to continue to talk about that here. Likewise, others who seem to be trying to inflame the situation, which isn't really constructive *cough*I_Am-Legend*cough* - there really isn't any point.
-
Well, personally, I wouldn't care about that... Rating doesn't really correspond to skill. I agree with micah, there really isn't much reasoning behind hiding rating/crystals. Unless you're a buyer and don't want people to pre-judge you because of your high crystal amount; it may make sense then.
-
Well this is working well. It seems the best way to do this would be that if this actually gets on-topic, then eventually, discussion in the main POTD topic could be forbidden and removed so it consists of pictures only, much like the Real Photo topic.
-
Hmm, I actually think this is a decent idea... This'd enable people to scroll back through the POTD topic, without having to sift through all the spam/discussion/comments to find their desired pictures. Nice one ^_^
-
Clearly, everyone's just being too lately to appreciate the advantages of being .
-
Heh, it's not like everyone can see what you've voted for, so I doubt it's 'peer pressure' related... Everyone is at their own stages of their careers, so it wouldn't make sense for players to vote Hornet 'just because others are doing so'. There would be nothing to gain from that. I think the more logical explanation here would be: People vote for more popular hulls, such as Hornet, precisely because they are more popular. More players want to buy these hulls. Yes, it's a shame that less popular tanks don't have many sales when it's up to the players to choose - but that's because they're less popular, funnily enough. Hence, fewer players want to buy those hulls, and so fewer players vote for those hulls in the sales they get to decide. Capiche?
-
Lol, we only have ourselves to blame here... After all, it is a players' vote.
-
Look - if that was true, then Raph wouldn't have set up this petition. Raphael has checked on multiple occasions, and he's not used any copyrighted music. He's also checking this with his sponsor, Machinima, who would have more than enough experience in the matter. As for having Tanki's permission, any player would be allowed to create videos on any aspect of the game - it's only when the videos are used to earn large amounts of money that there could be a problem. And I can assure you that this isn't the case. Rather than assuming that Youtube must be right, I'm sure Raph would appreciate support in trying to convince them otherwise. Youtube have made similar mistakes in the past. If you're here to tell Raphael what he must have done wrong, then you're wasting your words - considering it's his channel, don't you think he might just have already checked all of that before setting up this petition?
Jump to content










































































