Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

S.C.Y.T.H.E

Tanker
  • Posts

    942
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by S.C.Y.T.H.E

  1. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    Gamer's Club

    Yeah, I can't hover but I can still go over obstacles that wheels/bare tracks couldn't go over. But the main reason I use them is so that when my tracks get blown off, I can still hover around. There are probably smarter ways to do this, but I happened to have these hover blades from my previous design.
  2. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    Gamer's Club

    From Robocraft Alpha. Its basically a combination of WoT, TO, and Minecraft.
  3. Considering our eSports admin has a nickname of , I think that the action of forcing you to change your nickname is rather absurd. But I can see why Corpsecrusher might be somewhat offensive. Change your nickname to cadavercrusher :P
  4. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Forum Game] Scythe vs Everyone

    Correct -3
  5. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Issue 35] Decay - Part 3

    Part Three Read Part 1 Here - Read Part 2 Here Like waves On the sea shore Millennium pass. Soundlessly. Thoughtlessly. But I never sleep. Never. The salvation of desolation is near. A serenity of oblivion is at hand. The boy curled on the sand, oblivious to the seagulls swooping all around. The sun was high in the sky but appeared only as a silver disk beneath the grey storm clouds. With a crack of thunder, the ferocious heavens hurled torrents of rain into the sand and beach. The boy still did not stir. Nothing has order. Everything is chaos. The only order is solitude, the only sense is void. I glided through the fluctuating membranes of dimensions. Vails, inside vails, inside vails, inside shrouds, comprising everything. The everything that was mayhem. Even an abyss is havoc. Existence is selfish senselessness. The boy jerked awake. A pounding feeling of impending doom filled his mind, and he glared around at his surroundings. Dark, but not black. Twisting columns of obsidian hurdled every which way, bearing an ambience of untold age. There was no up, nor down, nor any direction at all. The boy had a definite form, and the pillars of stone seemed to contain their own gravity. He stood on top of one, the surface like glass, yet textured. Rippled, as if once upon an eon, this passage of stone was a molten piece of glass being blown in the wind. The boy continued forward, propelled by an unknown desire. The column of material arced across the eerie chasm, with sudden jagged turns in every conceivable direction. Every few feet, a random structure or piece of matter branched off. The boy strode right past a dying oak tree growing directly out of the stone. A few feet ahead, the huge front of a steam-engine train broke out of the stone. The massive grate, a few front wheels, and the smoke-stack protruded, as if the train was coming out of a tunnel molded to fit the train’s shape. The boy also spotted many bones. As his eyes adjusted to the gloom, he could tell that the matter making up the spires of rock was actually slightly transparent, and beneath the surface were countless skeletal forms from all kinds of animals. He could also see what looked like a satellite or perhaps part of a space station lurking under the obsidian. Most malevolently of all, something was moving. A slithering shape was recognizable in the half opaque stone, and the being was certainly following the boy. What is this place? It wasn’t a regular dream that was for sure. The boy could easily tell that he was in his right state of mind. But this couldn’t be reality… could it? What is this place, the boy asked once more. Surprisingly, yet familiarly, a voice answered. A resonating voice that shook the pillars of stone, yet was soft at the same time. A voice devoid of tone, a whisper that was also a shout. This is a dream of a dream, and echo of an echo But it’s time for everything to end. Very helpful. The boy didn’t care where this dream led, yet he took one more step forward. He placed his foot on the stone, when suddenly a deafening shattering noise rang out across the chasm. The stone was cracking. A whir-pool of cracks spread from where the foot touched the ground, the obsidian disintegrating and now… liquefying. The boy was sucked down the torrent. The boy saw the bones first. But all matter of decay spiraled down with him. However, the strange shape was in the water too, arcing and flitting through the surge with a nearly electric course. Then, everything stopped. The boy opened his eyes. Drops of rain pummeled the sandy beach and the boy realized that he was entirely soaked. The ocean waves were manic, rising all the way up to the boy’s legs and receding once more. Jumping to his feet, he recognized the beach where he had floated ashore from the Oil Rig. A film of black liquid clung to the sand and obscured the ocean’s surface. He stumbled backwards a few steps to avoid the ocean’s spray, but immediately noticed the writing. It was as if a massive hand had carved these words in the sand. Space, Matter, Time All of it must end ~Ozymandias The boy suddenly broke into a run. Some primal instinct compelled him to dash away from this unnatural scene, away from the water, and away from the oil. Sand and grass flew by in a blur. He hit a black asphalt rode, and followed it at a breakneck pace. Old, peeling billboards greeted him. A run-down fast-food restaurant’s flashy logo had fallen into the middle of the road and effortlessly the boy avoided it. He continued sprinting, blazing past houses and buildings. He finally came to a stop when he spotted a surprising shape on the horizon. A generic Ford sped along the road at a speedy pace, and continued over a hill and disappeared. Finally he stopped to catch his breath. He spotted a sign for a regular department store. Regular cars parked on the streets, though with obvious signs of damage and discard. Broken, flickering floodlights lined the roads, and an apartment complex was not far off. Lines of once profitable hotels with names like “Blue Dolphin Inn” and “Beachside Stay” lined the ocean side of the road. These hotels were scrawled with Graffiti and most of the windows were broken. Not a single sign of life stirred amongst the boy’s surroundings. Palm trees were bent over in the whirling winds, and the boy realized that he had been ignoring the biting rain for several minutes. He ran across the quiet street and entered a small clothing store. Half of the shelves and racks were empty and lying sideways on the floor, but he managed to find a couple pairs of clothing that fit him nicely. No cashier or manager greeted him at the check-out line. However, the boy did notice a black pistol lying on the counter. He picked it up. The feel of a pistol was very familiar, and he pulled out the clip. Only four bullets remained. But four bullets could certainly come in handy, and the boy didn’t hesitate as he pocketed the weapon. Outside the strip mall, he found an abandoned, forlorn bicycle. It was an old ten-speed mountain bike with a rusty chain. The boy hopped on, and pedaled off into the rain. To Be Continued…
  6. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Forum Game] Scythe vs Everyone

    -2 (Shad0w = -2) (CombatCat = -1) (Peter = 0) (Jboy = 1)
  7. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Forum Game] Scythe vs Everyone

    -1 Records updated
  8. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Forum Game] Scythe vs Everyone

    Scythe vs Everyone Rules This is another one of those counting up/down forum games. Want to annoy an annoying Reporter? Than this is your game! @S.C.Y.T.H.E and his alternative account @Rising.Storm can count down -3. Every one else can count up +1. The first player to reach 50 or above can count up +2. The first player to reach 100 or above can count up +3. If @S.C.Y.T.H.E reaches -100, he can from then on out count down -4. No posting consecutively. No using alternative accounts to post consecutively. Records: Game opened on 5/24/15 First post -- Aperaiderpistol 6 -- Golden 5648 Lets start! 0
  9. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Issue 35] Back in Time: Scythe

    Back in time: Scythe Hello Tankers! This is Scythe, and this article will mostly be me rambling on about old times shall cover my life as a tanker, from day one until now! Ancient Scythe First of all, how did I come across and begin playing this game? My story is probably quite similar to most people, in that I was invited by my friends. I was at a Christmas party during late 2009 or 2010 (I can’t even remember), and several of my friends were playing a game on their laptops. For several minutes I watched them, wondering what they were doing. Something I still laugh about today was that I couldn’t tell that the game involved tanks. Their flashy paints, hulls and strange “lightning turrets” did not resemble a tank to me in any way at that time. Not to mention that the map they were playing in was the late Madness Space, which appeared to be a giant three dimensional maze with zero gravity. Magical boxes seemed to randomly fall everywhere, and I was quite confused yet intrigued by this mysterious Tanki Online. After a while, my friends helped me set up my first account, namely generalfrandsen12. I finally learned that this game was a tank game, and I took a look at the garage. I was quite excited by the fact that turrets and hulls were interchangeable, although since I was a Recruit I used M0 Wasp and M0 Smoky. The first map I played was a Sandal DM titled “For Newbies”. I still remember that map, due to the fact that I drove into a hole in the ground and was stuck for more than a minute. I remember my friends laughing when I tried to avoid taking Double Damage boxes, since I thought they would make my tank explode. (Come on, it had a radiation hazard sign!) I probably ranked up to Private in this battle, but my memory is foggy. The day later was a Saturday, and I remember playing the game in the morning and showing my siblings. They were equally as interested as I, and my younger brother Moses created an account called “Mosey8”. That day I believe I bought the paint Black, and another turret Firebird. Over the next week I played the game pretty intently, and acquired the turrets Firebird and Twins, along with the hulls Hunter and Titan. I also got the paint Red for no particular reason. As I took a look at the garage, there were several items of equipment that I set my heart for. First and foremost, the hull Viking. Back then, Viking unlocked sometime during the Warrant Officer ranks, but I still wanted it badly (mostly because it looked cool). I also wanted the turret Isida, as I thought that Isida would also be triple barreled and shoot like a Twins, which was then my favorite turret. (Back in those days Isida had three prongs). But after a week or so, I largely forgot about the game. Though, my brother continued playing for a while. For longer than a year, I don’t think that I ever entered the game. At least a year later, a different friend and I were bored, and looking for a cheap online game to play on miniclip.com. I saw “Tanki Online” listed, and I immediately recollected the game from a year before. My friend and I tried to enter the game with my old account, but I had since forgotten the password. So, we decided to create a new account that we would share. My friend came up with the ingenious name of Sneaky. However, Sneaky was already taken, so we tried Snakey, which was taken as well! Finally we settled with the name Snakey123. I also created another account, Razorcat, so that both my friend and I could play at the same time. A few days later, after school, I remembered my brother’s account (Mosey8) and I logged into it, and found that it was the enormous rank of Master Sergeant. The account contained Isida and Hornet, two hulls that I had never used before. To my dismay, Isida now had two prongs and was not like a Twins in any way. But I still liked Isida, though I hated hornet after a bad experience in Monte Carlo. After which I decided never to never use Hornet again. My friend and I continued playing, and I settled with the familiar combinations of Titan/Twins and Hunter/Firebird. I became accustomed with the map Boombox, a map which I enjoyed in all game modes but especially DMs. During this time in my career, I played almost solely DMs, and TDMs when I could find them. Also, I was quite a nub. I never turned my turret. I knew the keys that would turn my turret, but I never used them and never felt the need to turn my turret! Almost no one else turned their turret either. One thing that I did was put a dictionary on the spacebar when I used Titan/Twins, a trick that many other tankers have done as well. And, I never devoted any attention to garage statistics. Once, I tried to make sense of the random numbers and symbols that appeared on the description of equipment, but I didn’t understand any of it except for protective paints. So, all of my purchases were solely decided by the way the equipment looked and if I had spotted other tankers doing well with it. Me and my friend made some somewhat useless purchases, but in all I believe I had a nice garage. After a few weeks, I had Firebird M3 (beloved blue flames and all!), Hunter M2, Titan M1 and Twins M2, and Smoky M3. The only protective paints I had at the time were Flora and Forester. I mostly played the maps Sandal, Boombox, Polygon, and Bobruisk. Medieval Scythe I believe I was nearing WO1 when my friend moved away to a different state. After this, I never really played the game for quite some time. At some point during a summer before the first major rebalance, my friend returned to visit where I lived for a few weeks. Apparently he had been playing on our account while he had been away, and we were the rank WO3. That day, we bought Viking M0, Freeze M0, and we already had Hornet and Thunder M0. I still rarely turned my turret, and really didn’t understand the game mechanics. Very rarely I saw Goldboxes, but I didn’t understand why they dropped. Nine tenths of all my crystals came from catching crystal boxes, as it was very rare for me to actually finish a battle and receive battle funds. The game was still quite exciting, however, once again, I did not stick long to this game. I played inactively for quite some time, only logging in for a short time every few weeks. I didn’t follow any of the Tanki Online news, and I never entered the forum. Probably now or before this I actually registered my forum account, but it wouldn’t be till more than a year or so later that I actually made a post. Surprisingly enough, I still never used Hornet. Also, Railgun was still M0 for me, and I really disliked the turret due to its long reload and difficulty to aim. About now I began hearing about certain events, and I became aware of the concept of clans. I also became aware of a new version of the game, then to be titled “Tanki 2.0” and I was quite excited for it. I don’t believe I had any friends in the game, and I can’t remember a single name of a player from that time. Perhaps because I had no friends, wasn’t a part of the community at all, nor followed any of the news made the game not as enjoyable is it is now for me. But anyways, around the same time, I logged into the game during late 2012, to find an update on the front page of the game, listed as update 1.100. This update changed all the graphics for practically every piece of equipment, and this got me playing more actively (since my M3 Firebird was swag, still with blue flames). A few weeks later I also bought Ricochet M0 for the first time, and was very impressed with Ricochet. After five minutes of using my M0 Rico/Viking, I caught my first Goldbox. For the record, this Goldbox was in a Polygon DM, on the short bridge. However, literally the next day update #114 was released. This was the first major rebalance and really stands out in my mind. Now I had all the crystals that I had ever earned, and I could spend it to buy almost everything I could have dreamed of. At my lowly rank of Warrant Officer Three, I now had the ability to buy Shaft or Mammoth, something that couldn’t have taken place before. Update #114 really changed how modifications of turrets worked, and now they made a massive difference. However I didn’t realize this, and wasted a lot of my crystals on cheap M0s directly after the rebalance. However, I still ended up with Viking M1, Ricochet M1, Freeze M1, and Dirty. After this rebalance I played fairly frequently for a few months. But I was disappointed in all by the rebalance, as I had lost all my M3s and even M2s, without any hope of getting them back unless I played like mad. Several of my real life friends quit the game at this time, since they were Lieutenants with several M3s and were suddenly reduced to a few M1s and M2s. So, I was largely inactive for all of 2013 especially because other games attracted my attention, especially Civilization IV and Sim City 4. Also, none of my siblings played this game any longer so I lost some interest. Near the end of 2013, I discovered another tank game, World of Tanks, and I was hooked for several months. But I eventually gave up on that game, and sought a less pay-to-play game. During the summer of 2014, my main friend who helped me start Snakey123 visited me for a few days, and I remember me and him logging into Tanki after nearly a year of inactivity, and playing almost all night. Modern Scythe After this all-night marathon of TO playing during the summer of 2014, I finally began to play Tanki Online more actively. I finally purchased Railgun M1, and ranked to Warrant Officer Four. Over the summer I went from WO3 to Second Lieutenant and purchased my first M2, which happened to be Freeze M2. Freeze M2 was very handy for a few ranks, but it soon became obsolete. At this period of time I had stockpiled a large amount of crystals, and after only spending a few actual dollars purchased the Heavy Kit M2 at Third Lieutenant. Ricochet M2 was very useful and times were very easy with my overpowered equipment. During the late summer of 2014 I reached a few milestones. I made my first post in the forum (in the Ideas and Suggestions section. I am proud to say my first post was more than 1K words). I recieved my first upvote (from ) and joined my first clan. My first clan was named Dark Flames, and I mainly joined because it had a cool sounding name and a nice logo. After a very, very long period of time (One day, to be exact) I was promoted to leader of that clan, but shortly after entirely ignored it, although never forgot it. I also met my first friends, notably JabinatorIsAwesome, Lookthe2015, and Poly_the_cool, and DarthVaderJonGTR (I doubt he remembers me, but I do :D), and somehow I became acquainted with SpaceCowboy18, though I know he doesn’t remember me at all. Lookthe2015 and Poly_the_cool are still active friends of mine. School started up, and I was fairly busy so it wasn’t until October that I reached First Lieutenant. During this period of September to October-November, several things stand out to me. I really enjoyed the 70% sales that seemed to occur every three weeks. I also remember a speedy output of exciting updates that kept me hooked to the game. About this time I met several excellent tankers, including General_Abrams and Maestro.Italiano, Hell_Under_You, Fly-Wheel, Bemwarobenkiro, Achilles_the_pro, Jazz20, Duck100101, and especially DaVinceFTW. I also became aware that there were different ‘staff’ positions and I remember being slightly intrigued by the avatar with “Press” on it, though it wasn’t until later when I learned what a Reporter actually was. Some staff members that I remembered looking up to were TheKillerPenguin, Micah and LethalJ. Also, during this time I actually learned how to decipher the garage statistics and I read all I could in the Wiki. During the ensuing months I became much more adept at playing the game and knew almost everything there was to know. I also discovered the Newspaper and the helper position Reporter. I wondered if I could ever become a Reporter as well, and I was determined to apply as soon as Applications were opened once more. I acquired about thirty posts on the forum near the end up the year, almost solely in the eSports and Off-Topic sections. During the Winter Sales and Holidays I accrued a quite decent garage, and the game seemed to only get more interesting. During winter break I ranked up to Lieutenant Colonel. My plan for the coming year was to reach the rank of Colonel, and then start an alternative account and reach Colonel as well, and repeat. However this never happened, and I just kept ranking up. I actually began writing practice articles for the Newspaper during December, so that I would be prepared as soon as Reporter applications were re-opened. But after a month of the applications never being opened, I decided to start my own (nub) writing group initially called the Unofficial Newspaper. Our first members were Me, Duck100101, Raredust, Bluelight1209, mcmonkey25 and iCarefree. During the month of February I changed my nickname from Snakey123 to S.C.Y.T.H.E, and started my creativity topic. I also wrote the best article ever, my Guide to Eating Chicken. Several tankers during this time stood out in my mind, including iCarefree, Jazz20 and Yisroel.Rabin. After a month or two, Reporter applications were finally opened. I put a lot of detail into my application, but I was very doubtful whether I would get accepted due to my age and Karma. However, after what felt like months of painfully waiting, I was accepted into the interview stage of recruitment, and I began to wonder if I had a chance. Somehow, I was accepted as one of the four new candidates. To be honest, I am still baffled that I made it. I remember logging into the forum to see my name in orange, just before I checked Skype and realized I was officially accepted as a candidate. A lot of updates have been introduced from the Summer of 2014 to the summer of 2015. I believe that Micro-Upgrades were finally released sometime during the summer of 2014, and this update definitely dwells in my list of favorite updates. Another update that I really appreciated was the update in CP and CTF modes. When you and an ally both work together to destroy an enemy, both of you receive experience. It was incredibly, incredibly frustrating to have your kills stolen before this update, and this update made many turrets more effective. The ability to change equipment while in battle was essential for gameplay, and I really appreciated this update as well. Finally, the addition of Format battles is probably at the top of my list for favorite updates this past year. Other small but important updates that included the ability to auto-aim at someone's turret, Night-Mode, changes to Shaft. Probably the biggest and most controversial update of all was the removal of crystal boxes, a topic that I am still rather ambivalent about. Over the next months, I played the game a ton, and I never created a real alternative account that reached above Master Corporal. Instead I just used my main account, and with the enormous help of 100% score multiplier passes went from Brigadier to Marshall in what felt like a blink. I made several awesome new friends, particularly TheTitaniumFalcon, xxEchoEchoxx, Electro9876 and many others. I finally reached Commander in the first few days of May. Hopefully I will reach Generalissimo during the first week of June! Future Scythe I happen to be fortunate enough to own a time machine, and this is what happens to me in the future: Oops, this information is classified. You never read this sentence :ph34r: .
  10. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Issue 35] Rare Gold

    First Place; 30,000 crystals: Placing first, the thirty-thousand crystals have gone to @FIN-dude for his excellent video. He demonstrated excellent Wasp skills and took two May holiday goldboxes in Deathtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5C6SWJLeo&feature=youtu.be Second place; 20,000 crystals: 's excellent entry contained four exciting Goldboxes, each from valley. Third Place; 15,000 crystals: @romaxs' excellent video definitely deserves a spot on this list. Two in Molotov and one in Siege, his entries were also in intense Wasp/Fire matches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goTfLT0NLa4&feature=youtu.be Consolation Prizes; 5K crystals: HaloScorpionV2 Helindu_2014
  11. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Issue 35] Heavy Hulls - Why? What? When?

    Heavy Hulls Why? What? When? These hulls are the definition of heavy. Heavy in weight and heavy in armor, Mammoth and Titan are intimidating hulls that should never be overlooked. These hulls don’t turn up very frequently in battles, and they may seem like “useless fatsos”. Some of y’all may be facing a question; When, why and where should you use a heavy hull? My mammoth really needs to lose weight. Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig? First off, let’s take a look at heavy tanks in general. Titan unlocks at the rank of recruit and Mammoth unlocks only a few ranks later. Both contain significantly more armor than an M0 Hunter, so they may be appealing picks for newbies. However, many new players are instantly turned off by these hulls’ slow speed. Titan and Mammoths’ slow speed affect players who do not turn their turret quite a bit! The heavy hulls’ sluggish speed is certainly its main (and maybe only) disadvantage. This disadvantage is all about effectiveness. If after you spawn it takes thirty seconds to find an enemy, your damage output is much lower than a speedy hornet that easily finds enemies, and could have even spawned three times in the time it takes a Titan to even find an enemy. Of course, I am exaggerating the disadvantage (this situation would only occur in large maps with few players) but it still exists. The time it takes a slow hull to find an enemy to do damage is (hopefully) balanced by the fact that Titan or Mammoth can deal a lot more damage per spawn due to their huge armor pool. However, if your damage output is not equal to a lighter hull in the same battle, then using a heavy hull is not a good option. Why? Because these heavy hulls are going to be capturing flags extremely rarely, if at all. If Titan or Mammoth aren’t going to be capturing any flags, then their main purpose is to deal out damage. Damage can be dealt in different ways such as defending choke points, or pushing up to the enemy base to make room for a light hull to take the flag. But a heavy hull’s job is essentially to deal damage. If a heavy hull’s main job is to deal damage, than their damage output (or damage per minute) should be much higher than a lighter hull attempting to do the same job. If it isn’t, then why not use a lighter hull which can actually capture flags? There is no reason not to. But do lighter hulls have higher damage outputs than heavy hulls? Sometimes. In theory, damage output should be about the same. But in large maps, lighter hulls generally have a big advantage. Let’s take the map Lost Temple. In Lost Temple, the heavy hulls can do nearly nothing but camp in one space. If they try to drive out into enemy territory, it will take them extended periods of time. But, as soon as they near an enemy side, these heavy hulls are virtually sitting ducks to the other camping heavy (and medium/light) hulls on the enemy team. Besides being slow, heavy tanks aren’t agile and in open ground are sometimes sitting ducks. Light hulls have a further advantage here. Their maneuverability and lower profile makes them harder to hit in every circumstance. A skilled light-tanker can use tactics such as circling and faking to dodge shots that a Heavy tank couldn’t dream of dodging. By the way my Mammoth's name is Woolly A question I frequently ponder is: Can a light hull dodge enough shots to make up for its low armor compared to heavies? Sometimes I think so. If this is the case, then there is absolutely no point in using a heavy hull. But, usually this isn’t the case. A light hull can hide and dodge shots, but not without retaining the same damage output as before or capturing as many flags. When you play extremely cautiously, you simply won’t hit as many enemies in as short a period of time. And circumstances where you can even dodge so many shots are rare. However, I do think that Medium hulls can usually dodge enough shots to make up for the difference between it and a heavy hull, and still obtain a great damage output. But obviously, this all depends on the map and your playstyle. So, what is my point? Are heavy hulls obsolete? Should light and medium hulls be used instead? Perhaps there is a good reason heavy hulls don’t appear often in battles! However, I am not saying that heavy hulls should never be used. My point is: Heavy hulls are the least flexible hulls in the game. In large and most medium sized maps heavy hulls rarely perform well, and there is always a better option. But, heavy hulls have the potential to be way more powerful than any other hull, in certain situations. Which situations? Close range maps, Control Points, and DMs. In small maps, it takes nearly no time at all to find an enemy after you spawn. So a heavy hull’s low top speed is not much of a disadvantage. In these small maps, damage is dealt out very quickly, and a time spent alive equals more damage dealt. So, having powerful armor helps greatly. In Control Point battles (particularly maps with a single control point), having good armor is a huge advantage. One can survive long enough to destroy enemies guarding the point and still have enough health to completely capture a control point. Lighter hulls, on the other hand, have a disadvantage when it comes to capturing points because they simply won’t survive long enough to capture a point in many circumstances. In DMs and TDMs heavy hulls also preform fairly well. In Team Death Match, heavy hulls are (as always) difficult to destroy. Even if a heavy hull doesn’t dish out a ton of damage, so long as it doesn’t die too often it is still helping its team. But heavy hulls excel at destroying enemies in the first place, making them an excellent choice for TDMs and DMs. In Island, heavy hulls are generally the best option, particularly in Island CPs. Although, a light hull comes in handy if you are trying to capture flags in Island. But in Island CP, Titan or Mammoth is easily the best option in my opinion. Another good map to use heavy hulls is Hill. Hill is another very small map, with practically no cover besides the slope of the hill. Heavy hulls will survive much, much longer than other hulls. In Hill, heavy hulls can easily capture flags and won’t have trouble destroying enemies. Also, Polygon CP is definitely the map where I use heavy hulls the most. No matter where you spawn in Polygon, it doesn’t take long to get to the center control point. And the central control point is always stuffed with enemies to destroy, though that is not where a heavy hull’s real strength comes in. A Mammoth or Titan (especially with drugs) can clear out weaker enemies clustered around Point A and re-capture the point for your team all by itself in one spawn. I would hypothesize that a team comprised solely of Mammoths and Titans would crush almost any other random team in Polygon. I have even heard tankers saying “If after you spawn you immediately drive to the point, even if you never shoot once, by the end of the game you will be at the top of the scoreboard.” I am not sure if this is quite true, but it certainly emphasizes my point. But, heavy hulls aren’t just good for Close-Range maps and certain game types. They can excel in certain tasks admirably where all other hulls will fail, even in TDM. First of all, heavy hulls are great at defending and clogging up a choke point. A heavy hull’s armor is often times more than double other medium and light hulls. When defending, it is almost as if you are two tanks, though with only one turret. Obviously it will take twice as long to destroy you, which is great. But besides heavy hulls’ armor, they are massive. One really can’t get past a heavy hull without destroying it, and even after you destroy a heavy hull, the briefly remaining corpse is just as impedimentary. Let’s take the map Highland as an example. On both sides of the map, heavy hulls can camp behind cover within a few feet of their flag. As soon as an opponent nears the flag, a heavy hull can usually take it out. But even if it can’t, it will be very hard for an enemy to escape past the bulk of a Mammoth without being significantly slowed. But, how often do tankers actually get close enough to the flag to let a heavy hull destroy it? Fairly rarely. And how often do enemy tanks take your flag with a full health bar? What I am getting at is: heavy hulls using tactics like these won’t actually be dealing out much damage, although they are playing a great defense. Paradoxically, these heavy hulls will usually remain near the bottom of the scoreboard while at the same time being their teams’ most useful defender. Never mount Zeus on Titan. They can't get along. Heavy hulls shouldn’t be underestimated, nor should they be overestimated. In more common maps, where you know your teammates and you are working together, heavy hulls can be essential to the team. Yet they will usually not be the highest scorer, destroyer, or flag-capturer. In perhaps rarer, closer-range maps heavy hulls will excel on the scoreboard. Heavy hulls are strong and rigid, terrific in specific situations but not very flexible. Heavy hulls are not jacks of all trades, but under the command of skilled, specialized tankers, Heavy hulls will dominate.
  12. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    bye guys for = 2or 5 month

    :(
  13. S.C.Y.T.H.E

    [Forum Game] Count Before Tanki Online Staff!

    280 There aren't any rules saying that I have to say 0
×
×
  • Create New...