-
Posts
852 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by dfoofnik
-
uis_tanki parkouring, shooting teammates instead of participating
dfoofnik replied to dfoofnik in uis_tanki parkouring, shooting teammates instead of participating Game Violation Reports
Monte Carlo (as usual) - 0700 UTC February 25 - player uis_tanki taking up roster space and not contributing. Video at deleted (climbing preceded video start, at end of battle, parkouring is visible) See 0:27 shooting teammate, parkour 2:00-2:06, fly at 3:00, 4:30, 5:00 Screenshot at http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/dfoofnik/media/uis_tanki.jpg.html -
Sabotage on Monte Carlo - Josh5000
dfoofnik replied to dfoofnik in Sabotage on Monte Carlo - Josh5000 Game Violation Reports
delete -
Another Hammer troll on Monte Carlo : Keksmenidjot (really!)
dfoofnik replied to dfoofnik in Another Hammer troll on Monte Carlo : Keksmenidjot (really!) Game Violation Reports
delete -
Ali_EN_gta impeding his own team
dfoofnik replied to dfoofnik in Ali_EN_gta impeding his own team Game Violation Reports
The player never used his Freeze, instead just pushed teammates preventing them from defending their flag. Later, he took the enemy flag, preventing a teammate from taking it, then left with 5 minutes remaining in the battle. Almost certainly he contributed to the loss by the Red team. Had he stood behind the Red flag, he could have helped against the enemy. delete -
LOL, Let's just say "Carthena" is completely wrong about shaft. The word I used was "biased" and some people can't get past that. Some of us are biased toward shaft (a powerful force on any team) and some are biased against it. You might as well say Hammer is an "unskilled one note turret" because it only works up close and most of the time head-on. The only time I saw a Hammer swivel his turret was when he couldn't turn. You can also say that "failgun" makes it impossible for players to get used to actually AIMING AT something, rather than VAGUELY TOWARD something. But I don't complain about railgunners because most of them are tasty Hornet snacks. ;)
-
An unsettling effect today on EN3 -- While playing, the battle disappears. Apparently I am still connected, good FPS, low ping, cache cleared, but I have to refresh the window, and this now erases the battle info (+ 1 minute to reload the info). This happened 4 times in 1 game and is unique in my Tanki experience so far. I have had low FPS only on screwed maps, and all info was the same when I returned, but it looks as if I had auto-destructed. If it was a server disconnect, this would not occur. This is probably related though: it is taking forever (loading) to get to a battle.
-
Exactly the problem, although more with Isida and Freeze than with Firebird (because of the continued damage): run out of juice and you might as well throw rocks at the enemy. Firebird is really screwed if it runs low against another Firebird (toasty!). Twins vs twins encounters almost always go to the higher Mod, unless he is in a cooldown and his enemy hits a "1" when he can't.
-
One day on Noise: the Red Team is up by about 3 flags, and the Blues are having a hard time capturing. They have no problem TAKING, but as they reach the Red Flag, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR sets of Twins catches them in a murderous hailstorm. As they frantically Repair and try to press on, they don't notice the mines just past the flag... When I left there, I went to an abandoned Monte Carlo battle where a single Freeze was being hunted by 6 tanks. I rumbled my Viking Twins up to stop a flag grab, but too late. So I turned on the Shaft that was waiting his turn to grab and capture, and opened up. "Oh, I said to myself...you're NOT getting your turn." Of course, I was railgunned after I blasted him. As a close range weapon, Twins is very flexible, if not as damaging as Firebird or as flashy as Vulcan.
-
How can we better report these kinds of glitches? My mines worked 1 time out of 8 tries on one battle, 1 time out of 5 on another. This is not a PARKOUR issue, it is not a CACHE issue...sometimes the mines, even when everything else works, will NOT DEPLOY. You can press 5 for a solid 2 minutes and it does absolutely nothing. Press 1, 2, 3, 4 and they all work great. Is this a map issue??
-
(and the first post) >> I do at times use supplies, primarily when I am carrying the flag and being chased down to certain death, or trying to suppress an opponent who came in on full power-ups. But the worst is when they start doing it from the start with no rhyme or reason. There are three reasons for me to use "drugs" 1) to protect against 1-shot kills by druggers 2) to finish a powerful opponent (drugger or not) threatening my flag 3) to keep my position after an arduous run across withering fire (go back and start again? why??) Some battles have a ridiculous amount of mines (Esplanade, often) and more than half get wasted because the planter dies. I think of mines as "me away from me" when I have to doggedly watch 2 positions at once, not usually to protect myself. I've seen some players whose first instinct on being chased down is to drop a mine, and sometimes your momentum carries you into it. The laugh is when your health is still so high that it's just a "bump" and then you kill him anyway.
-
How many (um) nincompoops do this on Polygon CP without knowing that "points" are fine, but the crystals come from WINNING, even by a single digit. You have to jump in when the color isn't yours! On my 2-25 MC-CTF loss, my D/L was 5.58 -- not much consolation. Nor was playing "keep away" by holding the enemy flag for 6 minutes til they came to kill me. Sometimes it helps NOT to capture when it is a runaway game...
-
Sometimes it sucks playing with unaware players. I was shaft/viking on Monte Carlo. 1) I would use mines/sacrifice myself to prevent a player jumping in to the flag. I stopped 4 attempts, and only one got past me. Everybody else waits until the enemy has the flag and then spend minutes trying to slow down the capture or maybe get it back. While I'm stopping jumpers, railguns cross the bridge unmolested and kill me from behind. 2) Then I would go to the "post" and keep everybody from crossing the bridge, only to have 3 players unable to stop the "jumpers" now! Worse, I would line up a shot on the enemy and get bumped out of my shot! 3) Then I would lumber left to across from the enemy flag, and shoot down the enemy line to stop their jumpers before they get started. NOT ONE of the other three shafts would come out from behind their barricades to do any of those 3 crucial things. Did we need three shafts trading potshots across the gulf?? Despite the best efforts of our three jumpers, we lost 15-12. Before I arrived, the team was 9-5, and we got it to 12-12 before chaos took its toll and for all my efforts, we could not keep our flag. I was 49-10, and one other player had 50 kills. The rest? Meh. UPDATE: my next team lost 2-25, and at one point, I was the only member of the whole team still playing. :( The "barricade" play can be your friend if you are a sneaky hornet, because you can jump over undetected and travel down the battle line, killing folks who are looking straight ahead and never see you coming. I occasionally have to shoot "up" from the post when an enemy starts going down the line. Although railguns can do this, they are not as accurate at elevation.
-
I've had some good battles against 1-star and 2-star, but some are so tough (paint?) you need three shots, and you won't get the time. I finally had to switch to Titan and just take the punishment while I weaken them for the other general ranks to finish off. (That and potting the Isidas who are supporting their own snipers...sometimes getting them in their backyard.)
-
You have to find a point that views at most a small part of the battlefield, then turn on your sight, scan, and shoot immediately. Then move to somewhere else and see if you can find your prey. At far distances, you can only see with the sight, but you only have seconds before another sniper sees your laser. I find it works best when you have other friendly tanks "in the field" and you just shoot left or right of them to tell them where their targets are. They can flush the snipers and hopefully not get killed in the process. One guy was SO effective that he would just pop up and they would see him and stick their heads out for me to shoot. It's hard to spot some tanks, but others (pink, white, orange) are asking for it unless every part of their tank is out of sight. My next paint is going to be "digital" to help me survive as a captain among brigadiers!
-
Has anyone else experienced "ghost accounts" if you open from Miniclip? I had an old Sergeant account (with exactly the same username) pop up! But this was right after server maintenance on Thursday, so... I'm not going to try to replicate the problem and risk losing 300,000 crystals!
-
Every battle. E.G. Went to Noise CTF and the mines would only deploy after I had used another tool, and let it expire. On Monte Carlo, I have about 1 in 3, on Sepuhov, about 1 in 2. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when "5" will work or not - usually when I need it most it doesn't.
-
Thunder/Viking -- just like shaft, there is no "peekaboo" so you just take the hit if you have to, and try to get the guy BEFORE he shoots you. (flash...oh no!) I stood out on an open platform, and only 2 non-railgunners managed to hit me, and even with auto-aim, some of them were just so far off me that it didn't score.
-
Maybe he was the same rank, using a different Mod: with upgrades it can be twice as hard to kill an M2 with an M1. I have had some luck on Monte Carlo where there is no "crossfire" to kill you immediately, and even without drugging, I can hit one guy with a critical and the next guy is too tough to kill.
-
I was using Thunder while my shaft was in the shop. ;) Anyway, there was a hopeless 4-10 Monte Carlo CTF rout underway, but I jumped in and fired about 30 shots, killing 3 railguns and a smoky hornet. But when I dashed (plodded) across the bridge, all of the winning team were hiding in a row behind the flag. The whole top line was deserted on both sides. Unable to retreat, I fired my last shot before I got killed, hitting a railgun. He survived and killed me...THREE of the weaker tanks next to him exploded from the shrapnel !! :o So that is definitely a plus for Thunder. The downside is that people will go nose to nose with you and you get killed along with them. All told I was 7 kills, 7 lost. B)
-
A little less chat and a little more action and she might get past WO. Some people do, some people talk...sooner or later everyone ignores the talkers. In fact, the only time I see those posts is when someone else quotes them. (press "ignore" for ignorance)
-
She doesn't have to. Of course, she could be a retired lumberjack with too much time to play games. I'm only here to learn strategy. My grandnephew could beat me at this and he's 8.
-
Cowardice, spawn killing, and such: I have no compunction, seek out the perpetrators, and kill them repeatedly when they play again. It is a bit easier with a one-shot weapon. :) You don't want to get on my list. (too much Bradley Cooper??)
-
GunN00b killing an shoving other players (me four times, twice in previous battle)
dfoofnik replied to dfoofnik in GunN00b killing an shoving other players (me four times, twice in previous battle) Game Violation Reports
GunNoob either hiding, shoving, climbing on other players. delete (battle chat was opened only when he attacked me - other incidents shown peripherally) Is there a way to assign moderators to Monte Carlo battles, where there are trolls all the time?? If I found 4 in two weeks (actually 12 - I only get to video repeat offenders), how many more are there? Obviously the winning teams are not going to report them, because they help them win. -
As soon as I reached 800 mines (I don't use them a lot), they stopped deploying every time when I press "5" even if I have just respawned. Of 30 tries, only 5 mines actually went down. This has improved to about 1 in 3. Is there a "mine glitch" that is somehow preventing them from working "as advertised" whenever you are allowed to use them? This is not a cooldown issue, and in fact they seem to work better just after another tool was used (eg 1, or 4).
Jump to content










































































