-
Posts
2 130 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Jwimmer
-
You are completely right about MUs being a waste of money at your rank. So don't MU anything... M2 hammer is strong enough at first lieutenant, and espeically if you are getting jackhammer, the MUs will just be wasted with the upgrade to M3 hammer. And I heavily doubt that Tanker's day will be a 50%. The most recent turret, hull, and paint sale was 50%, and you rarely see two top sales in a row. Expect a 25% or 40%. Vesuvius is definitely a good buy, I would say to get it if you can (I am getting Vulcan M2 on my alt, which is first lieutenant).
-
So are you saying it is worth putting more MUs into Thunder? I also tend to play more CTF games, as my hull with the most protection is M3 Viking.
-
I'm sure Flemish will love getting some shiny new upgrades.
-
MU Smoky M3 (it is already 20/50) MU Thunder M3 (it is 15/20) MU either Viking (12/50 already) or Hornet M3 (0/50) Save up for Titan m3 (doubtful I will rank and have enough cry by Tanker's day) Save up for an M3 paint module Which one, or something completely different, such as save for Twins m3? BTW, I have around 50k cry right now. Also, please quote this in your response so I get a notification of a reply.
-
yayy time to go broke again MUing smoky! Just got my cry built back up to 50k from the last MU sale, but I'm glad to be able to get more MUs in smoky.
-
Thunder's reload in general needs to be faster. If you think m4 needs a buffing, m3 is completely off the charts (in the bad way). The damage per shot it does is great, and also the splash damage, but it really just does not shoot fast enough. It's reload is just a bit quicker than railgun, but its damage is about the same as a critical hit from smoky. It's just the awkward in-between child right now.
-
This answer seems very... vague. "with the systems as they are now"- what does this mean, if you don't mind telling us? You can keep saying there is technical problems behind not hosting tournaments, but that really does not mean much. Also, we have not really heard any new news on the clan system that will be added to TO. Is there at least an estimate as to when that update will occur, and is there a possibility to add tournaments as a feature of that system?
-
Fun gold party, hosted by 5Oz. I only got 2, and both were before the server update. He dropped around 50 total, and this is the second one hes done this week. I was very close to a few more, but still good. I also got 1 in the one he did a few nights ago.
-
Nice questions and very good answers. Good to see an interview that is more of a conversation- this is probably one of the best interviews in the AWC right now. Well done!
-
Hmm, it seems like these types of "list" articles are flooding the AWC. Honestly a bit cliche at this point, but ok. In my mind, this article could definitely do without the emojis, caps, and the big ol' "the end" thing at the end.
-
I was recently looking through my Facebook feed and found that a friend shared a rather interesting post. Its title was "Video Games: An Hour a Day is Key to Success in Life", and was on The Huffington Post's website. I immediately thought that was a hoax, and was surprised to see it was not on The Onion- I have always heard that gaming is simply a waste of time, and doing something such as reading instead is much better. I went into reading the article, and found that my mindset about the helpfulness of gaming was completely changed. I will share my thoughts about how gaming has been good for me, and maybe take away the guilt in the back of people's minds about "wasting" their time as they play Tanki Online. One of the main reasons I play games (mainly Tanki) is because it is a great form of stress relief. I currently have the most strenuous math and science- based schedule offered at my high school, and as you can imagine, a lot of stress comes with that. I have found that, even only a few weeks into the year, Tanki has helped me so much. When I get into a good game, or sometimes even a gold party, my mind almost completely escapes the stress and constant concentration that abides by my schedule. I might not realize it while playing, but it makes so much of a difference. Up front, the article showed a statistic that astonished me- around 96% of teenagers (both boys and girls) under 18 play video games for atleast an hour a day. This really led to an epiphany- even though people do not really talk a whole lot about video games at school, everyone plays them. I now know that I am not alone within my classmates just for playing games. For some strange reason, I could not shake the feelings that I was a "nerd" . I never talk about gaming, because I think I will be seen as a loser. Everyone plays games; it is not just a select few people. My last main point, and another great one in the Huffington Post article was about emotion- gaming does a better job than something like reading at creating feels of curiosity, optimism, and pride. Just think about it- in a close game, do you ever feel a sense of ambition to get the last cap, or pride once you win? Of course you do! This is why gaming is so great! These are quite common feelings that one simply does not feel very often in the real world- and these are also feelings that give life some energy. Now, this whole Tanki as a stress relief comes with a major caveat- you have to know how long to play. Gaming has, in my mind, very tight regulations of “too much”- and I have been known to break those boundaries. When gaming distracts you from the more important activities, you have a problem. You should be able to go about your day at school or work without yearning to type in your password and play a game. Another boundary is that you should NEVER play a game more you are at work or school, with the one caveat being break. The best way to deal with breaking the boundaries of gaming is just going cold turkey for a set amount of time. My experience with this tactic worked very well. In August of 2015, I decided to "quit" Tanki. This was in order to focus on my tough Junior year. Of course, it was challenging at first. However, after about a week, I found that I rarely thought about Tanki. Then, after a month of not playing, I decided to give Tanki another try. I came back with more of a focus on real life, and Tanki quickly started to complement my tough schedule. In conclusion, gaming can actually be a great part of your life that you should not be ashamed of. It helps reduce stress, along with releasing emotions that are often not unleashed in the outside world. But like everything, too much of a good thing is never good . However, fixing over-playing problems is not a very hard task at all. So, embrace gaming! It can do just as much good for you as reading, so there is no reason not to play games. Link to Huff Post article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-mcgonigal/video-games_b_823208.html A message from Yisroel.Rabin: Hey, I just wanted to give my opinion on the matter of gaming. Like the article and Jwimmer said, gaming can be a great thing, as long as its time is trimmed. Back in 2015, I was what I would now call myself a “Tanki addict”: I fell so behind in school, it wasn’t fun, trust me. I eventually realized it wasn’t worth it, so I reduced my playtime to half as much, and eventually a quarter. I went to a camp for the summer of 2015, attempting to quit Tanki forever, but it didn’t help :P It was a good break though: a month and a half without internet access can do you good. Thanks for reading! This will be my last article for a couple of months, I have more important writing things to do for a while. -@Jwimmer
- 11 replies
-
- 22
-
-
I had the last post in that topic :) http://en.tankiforum.com/index.php?showtopic=284486&p=5000258
-
http://en.tankiforum.com/index.php?showtopic=330707&p=5692446 They have been taken offline for a while. Not sure how long.
-
Really fun game of hill DM. It was a 30 minute battle, and I joined with around 20 mins left (maybe closer to 15 left). When I joined, literally everyone else was using fire m2, so I switched to storm, then started destroying. I started to control the drops, so most of the time I had double damage and armor- a few times all of the kills in the killfeed were mine. 5 kills off of doubling second place.
-
Would have been nice to see atleast 1 writing contest. I know y'all are shaking the newspaper up a bit, but I really liked the contests that were writing-centered.
-
Haven't been sharing gold pics for a while, but I've caught a few. This one had a great story. I joined the game, and was about to switch to viking when I saw a faint gold box notification. I went to our flag (score was tied) to find one of them trying to cap. I managed to flip them, and return the flag (he mined me while flipped lol, was pretty smooth. Then, I found the box dropping, hit a repair kit, and drove under the gold. Someone was on top, but it was Rio so I got it. Almost died as well.
-
[Forum Game] The player with no like on his/her post wins.
Jwimmer replied to Dawn.of.Legend in Forum Games
10% sales are 700x better than 50% sales. -
[Interview] RIDDLER_8: Who is he?
Jwimmer replied to Jwimmer in [Interview] RIDDLER_8: Who is he? Writers' Corner
Actually Getting to know RIDDLER_8 Everyone seemed to like the last interview with Riddler. However, I realized it lacked a major part of the title- the "getting to know" part. So, here is a part 2- an interview not based around Tanki, but an interview based around Riddler. I hope you enjoy! We all know you as RIDDLER_8. However, nobody actually knows your name. Would you mind telling us? My name is RIDDLER_8 Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but we will go with it. RIDDLER_8 is a very interesting username. How did you come up with it? The nickname I chose to create my Tanki Online account is because of the Batman Villain character "The Riddler". When I created my Tanki Online account, I wanted to use the nickname RIDDLER - but because the nickname was already in use by another player, I chose to add an _8 after the nickname. So my Tanki Online nickname is called RIDDLER_8 - instead. Well, it seems like you are a batman fan then. What is your favorite batman movie, or movie with batman in it? My favourite batman movie is "Batman Forever", with Jim Carrey, Tommy Lee Jones and Val Kilmer. Jim Carrey is the actor who plays as The Riddler. I haven't seen that one- it was released a few years before I was born. Speaking of that, how old are you? I am 31 years old. So, what was your favorite subject when you were in school? My favourite school subject was science. Oh cool, I love science as well! Now heres an interesting question: If you could take 2 science aspects that are in Tanki, but not in real life (freeze turret, railgun, tanks jumping on buildings), and add it to the real world, what would it be? In real life, I would add the Freeze and Isida turrets to real tanks. That would be very cool to see in real life- a freeze gun vs a flamethrower would be epic! I, personally, would love to see flying tanks, and also smoky- a gun that shoots lightning would be insane. So, how did you hear about Tanki, and how long have you been playing? I first played Tanki Online on the Miniclip.com website. About two years ago, I played Tanki Online on Miniclip.com site. I never heard about Tanki Online, two years back. That is just about the same way I started Tanki as well. One of my friends in school played, and told me to go to miniclip and play it with him. I have a feeling that miniclip is one of the biggest reasons Tanki go so big. However, as you can tell, it is starting to shrink. Do you have any ideas on what to do to increase the popularity again? Miniclip needs to expand into a more popular website. There is also the Microsoft Xbox One, which is an online platform for games, where Microsoft could add Tanki Online as a free game to play for all players. That would make Tanki Online much more popular and would attract many millions more players to play Tanki Online. That would help make Tanki online grow a lot more and become even more popular worldwide as a 3D battle game. That would definitely work. It would be awesome to see Tanki get introduced to a large gaming site, such as Steam. It may not work very well for TO, due to the rudimentary graphics, but maybe once TX is released it could be a massive hit. Well, that completes the interview! Thanks so much for answering questions, and good luck in battles! Thank you very much Jwimmer for all your questions. I am looking forward to play with you in battles.- 18 replies
-
- 16
-
-
The "answer" to this question of the week is flawed. The question: "What is the MAXIMUM number of mines the tank could survive?" This would be worked out saying that a mine does 120 damage. I do not remember my answer, but it was higher than 10. The way they got the answer was by actually driving over the mines- which does not ensure that the mines are doing minimum damage. So, it could survive more than 10 mines.
-
Yes. I can show pics of the PMs if you want Yes his ideas are definitely out there sometimes, but I was surprised about the answers that he gave. Concise, but still informative.
-
Lol at "These tweezers are very high quality"
-
I honestly think that DM tournaments are lacking a huge aspect- an actual tournament. They are currently just a single DM game with an entry fee, and nothing else. The top 3 players should move on to a final battle against the top 3 players of the other rounds of the same rank. Yes, it would be more time consuming, but I don't see a problem with that.
-
[Interview] Getting to know RIDDLER_8
Jwimmer replied to Jwimmer in [Interview] Getting to know RIDDLER_8 Writers' Corner
Getting to Know RIDDLER_8 If you are a regular to the forum, you definitely will have heard of . He is often seen in the Ideas and Suggestions section trying to get some, lets say, original ideas implemented. While the ideas may not always be the best, they have propelled Riddler into a state of relative fame on the forum. However, nobody really knows much about him. So, I decided to take it upon myself to interview him about his playing style in Tanki, along with his thoughts on the recent events in-game. Hello, Riddler, it is nice to finally learn a little more about you. Lets start with your playing style while in the actual game. What is your favorite combo? My two favourite combos in my Tanki Online garage is Isida and Mammoth. I have both Isida and Mammoth M3 50/50 = M4. Oh wow, quite the interesting combination. What do you like about the combo of isida and mammoth to make you use it so much? I use Isida and Mammoth so much for a particular reason. Isida is the only turret that can heal players in team battles, as well as kill enemies. Isida is good for earning the double amount of experience points faster as well. Mammoth is slow, but it is the strongest hull in Tanki Online. Mammoth can survive brutal waves of attacks in big battles. So, with the slow speed of mammoth and short range of isida in mind, what position on a team do you tend to play? I play defence with Isida. I mostly use Isida to heal team mates, and also use Isida to kill enemies. I always defend my team in team battles with Isida. I'm sure that does not fare too well on larger maps. Does this mean you enjoy smaller maps more? Small maps are best for me. My favourite maps are Arena, Island and then Noise. That makes complete sense. If you could make a single improvement to both Isida and Mammoth, what would it be? If I was a developer, I would make Mammoth twice as strong and Isida beams a longer range. Still keeping Isida as a short-range weapon. Wow, that would be a very strong combo. What is your least favorite turret to play against? My least favourite turrets are Railgun and Shaft. Are you planning on buying any more M3 combos, or are you happy with your current M4 combo? At the moment, I am micro-upgrading M3 Hornet and M3 Freeze. I am happy with my current garage items. Ok, now it is time to move on to the recent paint seperation update. What are your thoughts on it? Do you like it or not? Yes. I do like the paint separation update a lot. I am glad that the glitches and bugs were fixed. I am not happy that the Tanki Online developers haven't created some modules that has four protections from four turrets. I completely agree with you. It is so nice to be able to see which enemies have protections against me without having to memorize all of the paints. So, if you could make a custom protection module, what three turrets would it defend against? If I could choose to create a custom user made module, I would choose protections against Isida, Freeze and Firebird. I am an Isida player, so I would choose close-range protections in my custom module. What do you think is the best looking paint? In my opinion the best looking paint is Lumberjack. What do you think of the Micro-upgrade sale? The micro-upgrade sale is amazing. I only like sales of 50% discounts or higher. Once again, I agree. I was able to put 16 MUs on my smoky M3, and they have made such a massive difference. Now for the big question. If you could add three features to the game, what would they be, and why? If I could add 3 new features to Tanki Online, it would be an Acid Turret, Guided Rockets, and Panzer hull. The reason why I would add an Acid Turret is because it has a corrosive continuous damage like Firebird, but acidic. The acid would burn away 50% of a tanks health. The reason why I would introduce a Guided Rockets turret is because those rockets would follow a targeted enemy tank. This would be a long-range turret. The Panzer hull would be a hull that has a greater height the Dictator. The reason why I would add this type of hull is because it has the same strength as Titan and its height can give a 50% greater advantage for players to collect gold boxes. We all have seen your suggestions for improvements to the game. Out of all of those, which one is your favorite? I am not really sure which one is my favourite, but I would recommend the developers of Tanki Online to create an Acid Turret, Guided Rockets turret and the Panzer hull. Well, that will conclude our interview. Thank you so much for answering questions, and letting us know more about you. Thank you for all your questions Jwimmer. Please make sure that the developers of Tanki Online create an Acid Turret, Guided Rockets and a Panzer hull. I will do my best to let them know about your ideas.- 29 replies
-
- 21
-
-
You have everything you need to know about how to find the password in the first post. And it is nobody's password- think of it more as a code word that you have to decipher.
Jump to content










































































