Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

Jwimmer

Tanker
  • Posts

    2 130
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jwimmer

  1. Yeah I did the same thing a few days ago. Was hoping to get another dude banned as well, but apparently only I broke the rules...
  2. Jwimmer

    Mid screen messages

    I'll assume that you are referring to the "player so and so has taken the flag" messages like Donaldo said. There is no way to remove them, because they are essential to battle. You need to know what is happening with the flow of the game to be able to play well. Besides, thats where the Gold Box notification is, and you would not want to miss those.
  3. Wow, lots of Sept 20ish b-days. One of my best friends was born 2 hours before me. ?
  4. Jwimmer

    Gold Boxes!

    It's 30 seconds. I remember the update. To further the point, the gold starts dropping after 30 seconds, and takes 15 seconds to touch the ground.
  5. Jwimmer

    Complaint Book

    Very true. However, there is, unfortunately, nothing that can be done about it.
  6. +1 IDK who this guy is, but he can conduct a mean interview
  7. Jwimmer

    Let's Discuss Premium Accounts!

    You seem to be a bit misinformed. First of all, the fact that you get 2x crystals AND 2x xp ballances you. 2/2 = 1, so you are simply going to work through ranks twice as fast, while receiveing the same number of crystals per rank. Also, the paint is only 15% prot. While, total, that is alot (especially at low ranks), 15% is not much protection at all. A common misconception is that all premium players are druggers. This is not true- is is people who buy supplies who truly get a large advantage.
  8. Jwimmer

    Gold Boxes!

    Hmm so no golds dropped. Strange. However, I ain't complain' about 4.5k crystals in an hour (thanks to prem mission). Also, that was my first game of summer break!!!!
  9. Jwimmer

    What to buy? Which is better?

    ok. So smoky because I use viking and don't drug? How does it work against gissimos?
  10. Jwimmer

    Gold Boxes!

    lol you had invited me like 10 minutes before that, I just had my mouse hovering over the invite.
  11. Jwimmer

    50% Sale pls Tanki

    ikr. Ain't nobody would complain that way
  12. Jwimmer

    [Interview] AWG Interviews: Yisroel.Rabin

    AWG Interviews- Yisroel.Rabin @Jwimmer: Hello, I am glad you are feeling up for an interview! We will start out with some simple questions about you. First question: What is the meaning of life? @Yisroel.Rabin: Wow! interesting question. Well, to me at least, the meaning of life is nothing more nor less than a simple potato. To see how? Allow me to explain; a potato is simple, almost even pointless, which is quite similar to our universe in a way. Head out into space, and the earth, our life, is nothing more valuable than a simple potato, healing through space. :P @Jwimmer: haha I didn't expect an answer, but good job! For real now: How old are you? @Yisroel.Rabin: Ok, real now... I’m 14 years young, and 8 months to be exact. I was born on September 24th, 2001, sometime in the morning in case you wanted to know. @Jwimmer: Wow, my birthday is the 21st! How long have you been playing Tanki? @Yisroel.Rabin: I started playing Tanki sometime in September 2013, so around 3-4 years ago. Nothing more to say, really. @Jwimmer: What is your favorite combo? @Yisroel.Rabin: Well, I have a few combos I really like, such as Smoky & Hornet, Freeze & Hornet, Smoky & Dictator, and Smoky & Wasp. If I had to choose one combo out of those, I’d probably choose Smoky & Hornet. But you know, different maps equals to different combos. @Jwimmer: What combo do you despise seeing on the enemy team? @Yisroel.Rabin: About hulls, nothing much, I guess Mammies, all fat and eww. But when it comes to turrets, definitely Isidas and Vulcans. Isidas are so annoying when they just come and ruin all the hard work I’ve done shooting some enemy, by healing them. As goes for Vulcans, endless rage. The feeling of this line of shots practically taking over the movement of your tank, is nothing more than outrageous. @Jwimmer: I feel ya- Thunder is almost pointless if there is an isida healing an enemy Ok, now that we know some more about your thoughts on the game, I will ask some questions about writing. What led you to join AWG? @Yisroel.Rabin: Well, I first heard of it before it even came out. Back when Darren’s writing club was at the time of war between the club members and a few of the official reporters; it was getting out of hand. Later the club was closed, for whatever reason, and a fellow “reporter friend” told me that the administrators were taking into hand of some place for people to post their articles in the newspaper section, rather than some crazy unorganized club. That was about 2-3 months before the AWC was opened, I forgot about what my friend had told me, but then one day I see there’s something new buzzing around in the newspaper section, so I checked it out, and eventually, joined. @Jwimmer: Do you do much writing outside of school and Tanki? @Yisroel.Rabin: Well, not much, I don’t really have the time. I used to though, in 5th grade I wrote a whole series of stories, one after the other. At first I did it for myself, but after some time I showed them to my teacher and he wanted more, felt pretty good. But currently, I don’t write much. @Jwimmer: I completely understand. I definitely find that I do not have a whole lot of time outside of school and extracurriculars to write (because I play Tanki instead :P) For the last question concerning writing: What is your favorite type of writing? (Guides, satire, etc...) @Yisroel.Rabin: In your question you gave the examples guide and satire, which is funny because I like to combine the two together a lot. If I’m writing a guide, it usually has some humour in it (for example my latest guide on quitting Tanki :P). I like writing little stories, but the reason you probably see a ton of that is because if I’m writing for Tanki, I like to write about Tanki. So in summary, I like writing stories, but I’ll usually write guides / funny topics instead since it’s easier to relate them to Tanki. @Jwimmer: what a coincidence! Now we will transition into questions about the game and your thoughts on it. What is your favorite aspect of the current game? (E.g. gold boxes, capturing flags, getting new equipment, etc...) @Yisroel.Rabin: Holiday events dude! What better feeling is there than here that guy in the V-LOG announce that there will be no discounts but there will be special flags? I mean, I really don’t care about discounts, being that I just like the holidays because I can take special pics. But yea, I like events and hax. @Jwimmer: This actually provides a great transition into my next question: Recently, there have been smaller discounts during events, but the celebrations themselves have been better (think Halloween and fool's day). What are your thoughts on this? @Yisroel.Rabin: Well, as I said before, I don’t really care about the discounts, but yes, I wouldn’t mind going back to the 50% and sometimes even 75% off sales. Like, who wouldn’t?! Anyways, I mainly like seeing everyone's nervous breakdowns after the sales are announced. @Jwimmer: I gotta agree with you there. Halloween was my favorite day in Tanki- the 10x golds were insane! Ok, now on to the final question. Say you are playing a game of Noise CTF. Each team is holding the other's flag in their bases. What would you do in this situation, and what type of player (besides a drugger) would you want on your team? @Yisroel.Rabin: Well, it depends, am I on the top or bottom base? :P @Jwimmer: Let's say the top @Yisroel.Rabin: Okay then. So, imagine this, I’m a boss drugger with Freeze & Hornet, I jump down like Superman, take down six Mammy’s, but oh no, what’s this? Another Vulcan & Viking? Well, no problem, I’ll just use a repair kit! So I take the Vulcan down, and then it’s time for the guy with the flag, sitting under the platform, as scared as a mouse is of a cat. I come closer, ready to freeze him to death… BAM, a Thunder shoots me from behind and kills me, the other team reaches my base, returns their flag, and caps ours. @Jwimmer: Lone wolf, I see... Well, that concludes the interview. Thanks for answering my questions! @Yisroel.Rabin: No problem mult. I hope you enjoyed the interview! I would like to extend thank-yous to both @Yisroel.Rabin for being a great interviewee, and @Night-Sisters for help with formatting and revisions. - @Jwimmer
  13. Jwimmer

    50% Sale pls Tanki

    ^^ Well, ya see, if this was posted in that other topic, it would not be seen. If it has its own topic, it will actually be seen. Thats the problem with so much moderation/classification of posts recently- nothing is seen.
  14. Jwimmer

    Gold Boxes!

    So... This happened. The siren rang when we had 99 points and control of the point. Nothing we could have done about it. Also, I do not know what new M3 turret to get. Thunder sucks at my rank. I'm thinking smoky (I rank soon), but also maybe twins, hammer, and possibly even rail (doubtful on this one though).
  15. Jwimmer

    Tanki's 7th Birthday (speculations only)

    A 50% sale would be awesome! In that case, I would be able to get a new M3 turret, but I don't see another 50% sale again, ever. Hopefully, the event starts at the beginning of the week and culminates on the fourth.
  16. yep that is completely true. However, I find that, more often, people in xp/bp battles take advantage of uneven battles rather than waiting to make the entirety of the battle even.
  17. Jwimmer

    What to buy? Which is better?

    What is the best M3 turret to buy? Ignore prices here, I will worry about that later. I currently only have M3 thunder, and it really sucks. Hoping ot get something better this upcoming sale I'm thinking smoky atm, not sure tho. I prefer CTF battles
  18. Jwimmer

    3d map

    What do you mean by "request Silence in 3d"? Like a 3d model of it or something? That would be incredibly hard...
  19. Jwimmer

    [Forum Game] IQ Test [IT]

    12 What can you put in a bucket to make it lighter?
  20. Jwimmer

    Group PM

    Yeah why is this topic dead? Its a great idea that doesn't need to be ignored.
  21. Jwimmer

    'Mysterious' tank

    yeah, but which CM? It would most likely be the Russian one
  22. I thought the bacon one was pretty good
×
×
  • Create New...