-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
30 metres is pretty long, guy caught me in this just before he collided with the crates: It does look like a Titan dome and a half.
-
I use those shots in close-mid range but yeah, I should have mentioned that.
-
What happened to the new battle fund/point system?
TheCongoSpider replied to I-Hate-Druggers in Archive
That option has been disabled since a patch update a while ago (I can't find it). -
Oh, I was talking about sniping shots only. With arcade shots, it would take 13 shots on average. Using sniping shots alone, it would take 6 shots on average. That's a long time and by that time, the Mammoth already trampled over you. I'm sure many are complaining about it because it's so prevalent (it's a new turret so there is bound to be an urge to try it). I find it balanced at the moment. it beats Shaft in arcade shots but it doesn't beat it in sniping. I expected it to be an overpowered mess but it seems like Tanki made it more or less balanced off the bat.
-
I wouldn't consider Gauss OP right now. In the high ranks, it's more powerful, but so is the protections against it.
-
Based on what I saw during battles, the information on the WIki is correct. Especially than explosion impact force from the sniping shot. I remember seeing a Titan Smoky with a Wasp Isida behind healing him while being stationary. I locked on to the back of the Titan and when I shot it, the Wasp Isida slid backwards a good bit. It was funny because the Isida almost fell off of the bridge with that. I counted that it took around 4.8 seconds to recharge after an M1 sniping shot and it was that.
-
In that case, it would take around 6 shots on average. But that's expected. When that Mammoth comes off of its high from that double armour, it'll crumble if it was injured.
-
Hey, at least now you have at least 35% protection against other Gausses. And it's not always that useless.
-
That's three shots actually.
-
What happened to the new battle fund/point system?
TheCongoSpider replied to I-Hate-Druggers in Archive
If I remember correctly, the battle fund is continuously growing alongside actions (kills/captures etc) during the battle. At the end of the battle, players receive crystals based on their performance in the battle. The crystal ratio of the winning team to the losing team has been reduced. However, the winning team's members still receive more crystals than the losing team's members if they all had the same score. That player most likely had a premium account and the doubled-crystal reward they received was higher than what you received without a premium account. The number of points obtained for particular actions can be found here. -
Differences between Shaft and Gauss: For arcade shots, Shaft has a short range while Gauss has a longer range. At M4, Shaft's minimum damage range is 70 metres. Gauss' minimum range is 150 metres (same as Smoky and Thunder). Shaft's weak damage % is 25% while Gauss' weak damage % is 50%. So overall, Gauss is the better choice for arcade shots. It has higher damage, the same reload speed, and a farther range + higher weak damage. Shaft is the primary Sniper in the game. It's able to one-shot medium hulls when they're on equal footing. Gauss cannot. It would take two sniping shots to kill the medium hull. That's an advantage Shaft has over Gauss. Shaft is able to take off 82.5% of an M4 light hull's HP (when they're using double armour) without double damage. Gauss would be able to take off roughly 47% of an M4 light hull's HP (when they're using double armour) without double damage. Shaft is the better sniper. So based on statistics, Gauss is better at arcade shooting than Shaft while Shaft is better at sniping than Gauss. Let me clear this up immediately: Striker's missiles' damage does not depend on the range of the target like Thunder and Smoky's projectiles do. As long as it hits the target directly, it will do the damage within the distribution (which would be 790-970 for M4). That "500m" you're seeing there is the maximum range the missiles can fly at before they automatically explode. Shoot your Striker out in the distance and you'd see that it explodes for itself. That meant that it reached its maximum range. Gauss' projectiles, however, work like Thunder and Smoky's own. They have a minimum and maximum damage range value. The "100m" you're seeing on the upgrade screen is showing you its minimum damage range. Anything past that range and the damage becomes reduced to the turret's weak damage % which in this case, for Gauss, is 50%. Gauss' projectiles have no maximum range like Striker's missiles do.
-
Well, on an enemy, the drone disappears when it is activated. So when they use double damage, it should disappear. However, since its recharge time is 10 seconds, it should reappear relatively quickly. This would only happen if you have the "Show other drones" box ticked in your settings. If you don't, well then you wouldn't know if they have it or not and you will be left in the dark as to why things are one-shotting you.
-
Well it's a Gauss Rifle. Other games mark it down as a Gauss Rifle. Tanki's turrets have only one-word names. What would you call it?
-
I am aware that this should not be the primary factor but it is a factor nonetheless. It can seem balanced when you're on equal footing with the enemy but if you have double damage and they don't have double armour, it may potentially pose some problems. Since it's able to one-shot medium hulls of its respective tier, it means that for a sniping shot, it would take away just above 50% of its medium-hull target's HP. Considering that it has no laser and the shot is instant, it would make sense for it to not one-shot the enemy medium hull if they're on equal footing. This is where protection isn't involved. A turret shouldn't be rendered useless if protection against it reaches 50%. It must be powerful when not facing protection but still viable when facing either many protections or high % number of protections. It's able to one-shot the medium hulls when unprotected but when it's protected (by protection modules), you wouldn't be able to one-shot them. So they're on the edge of balanced. 10% protection can enable you to survive a Gauss shot. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Gauss' statistics are out on the Russian Wiki.
-
Yeah, like what? At M1, being able to one-shot medium hulls to not being able to is 70-30 at the moment. If they have protection against it, then it's not a one-shot anymore. We're witnessing its power when it is not being faced with protection, so it should be powerful. You're at a rank where it is possible to buy the Booster Drone and sales for Drones already passed so I would expect more Booster Drones to be on the battlefield. I went up against Legend players with the turret and they didn't seem to have the hang of it yet. I have the hang of it on my M1 account so I assume others do as well and are using it effectively. After playing with it at M1, I don't think it needs to be nerfed. Its mechanics, and parameters for them seem to fit in almost perfectly with the mid-range turrets. Is it better than Smoky? Most likely not. It has higher damage and a similar reload to Smoky but a slower reload can be detrimental to your survival. I assume that that is why they decreased Smoky's reload time, to facilitate Gauss' release.
-
After playing with it at M1 for more than 10 battles, it's quite fun to use and is quite satisfying to land that sniping shot when you could barely see the enemy or keep track of them. Not having a laser is also a disadvantage. For some reason, I couldn't post this photo since it wasn't supported by the forum. For some reason, it's supported now? I can one-shot barely upgraded M1 medium hulls with that. Looking forward to micro-upgrading this to M2. If any balance changes come and it's nerfed heavily, I'll have Vulcan there.
-
Am I supposed to censor these players' names?
-
So if one game makes a gauss rifle, others are automatically not allowed to do that same?
-
The arcade shot's damage is more than Smoky's but it has a bit of a longer reload. The sniping shot (at M1) doesn't always one-shot the enemy Viking, Hunter or Hornet (most likely because they're upgraded). And since it doesn't one shot them, it also doesn't one-shot an unprotected light hull with its sniping damage. That reload time after the shot is a pain though. I'll stick to Vulcan mostly and if I want to go to Gauss, I'll go, but Vulcan is #1 at the moment on that account.
-
I don't think that's a good idea. First of all, many of its players will be peeved at having to reload their turret when they spawn...which received a clip reload increase recently. Next, it will decrease its effectiveness of dealing with spawnkillers in its base. If someone just took their flag and you spawned where you would materialise right behind them, you can't do anything to them. Remember when the 20% clip reload decrease was taken off in January? Its efficiency...didn't go down the drain but it was a lot less. Who knew that taking away that clip reload decrease + a few more protection modules against it would take it down from top spot every DM to mid-top spot now. Doing this would decrease its efficiency even further. If I were to implement something like what you're suggesting, I would make it so that they'd only wait two seconds. An alternative would be to scrap what you're saying and make it so that the Duplet would have to charge up before using those 2 shots. That double shot mechanic is powerful since it usually takes two shots for a Hammer to kill any type of hull with double damage. Being able to shoot those shots in less than 0.4 seconds at most is unbalanced. And even with this nerf, players are still using Duplet over anything else. It just goes to show that as long as you don't fix that double-shot mechanic, Duplet will remain superior.
-
Hazel seems happy.
-
The statistics after the last balance change hasn't been updated for Vulcan, Railgun, Shaft, Smoky and Magnum.
-
I'd say it's mostly for players with crystals to burn. It's a great and affordable starter drone for the low ranks, yes, but higher than that and you'd have to face this (familiar to me) dilemma: In the mobile game Monster Legends, the battles there are 3 v 3. Some skills that the monsters learn are able to hit all enemies for the same damage. For the players, there was almost always this dilemma when choosing the right skills for you. For the AOE skills, would you rather have a low-moderate damage + an effect, or would you rather have high damage alone. I was one of the players that chose the low-moderate damage + effect. Both options have advantages and disadvantages over the other. Let's convert this to Tanki. Some drones are great when under 10 upgrades. Say for instance, the Assault Drone for particular turrets. If they upgrade it enough, they'd get maybe 2.6-3% more damage and protection. And then they'd have an effect that the drone gives them. What I'm basically trying to say is this: If your Brutus Drone gives you +5% damage and protection, would you use that or your Driver Drone that is upgraded to give you +2% damage and protection? And let's go all the way to Legends with crystals. Would you rather have +10% damage and protection or would you rather have +5% + the ability to plant 9 mines every 40 seconds? I tried breaking it down to see exactly how useful the 10% damage increase would be for particular turrets. For one, Stock M4 Striker would be able to one-shot unprotected light hulls since 110% of 970 is 1,067. For M4 Shaft, it would be able to one-shot Stock M3 heavy hulls. With M4 Thunder, you'd be one-shotting many unprotected light hulls since the average damage would become almost 1,000. For Freeze, it's an immediately more powerful version of Corrosive Mix. So a Stock Freeze can just use the Brutus Drone to deal more damage than Corrosive Mix Freeze. The others' damage statistics are too spaced out for any largely noticeable difference. I'm pretty sure 1% makes no difference.
-
I'm going to assume you mean 60% of your recent deaths and not your total deaths. If it were your total deaths, that would have been amazing. My thoughts on Shaft at the moment: It seems like they're selling it as one of the turrets of the season. They've buffed the damage and buffed the energy recovery twice. That alone tells me that they want to increase the sales of it. Its effect on me: I for one was very glad that I could have one-shotted Vikings. They were the ones who survived my shots. They were the hardest to hit as well with they flat cuboid hitbox. They were prevalent and my only solution to those pests was Heavy Capacitors. After the buff, I did not need to use Heavy Capacitors as often as I did before since my Stock Shaft shots now kill most of them. I didn't think it needed another buff on its recovery speed but the devs did it and I'm seeing increased Shaft protections. But after that Magnum buff, I'm less a bit less Shaft protections and more magnum protections. Having the ability to one-shot an M4 medium hull at 5/20 upgrades on M3 Shaft is handy. It's roughly the same with Heavy Capacitors vs Stock Shaft. You use Stock Shaft for medium and light hulls and use Heavy Capacitors for medium and heavy hulls and light hulls if it's necessary. As for Striker: I'm tired of seeing Uranium rockets flying at me. All I see are Uranium Strikers and it's just so damn repetitive. There is nothing else they use. For Juggernaut, it's the Freezes and Strikers that really ruin it but the effect of Striker is diminishing with Viking's Overdrive on a whole. Viking's Overdrive allows many other turrets to obtain the kill. If you prefer Magnum to Shaft well then that's your choice. I use Magnum on this account and Shaft on my lower account. It's all about your playstyle and also what you could afford, really. Yeesh!
Jump to content










































































