Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    A Decade of Tanki Online!

    That sounds reasonable. And you said 15 seconds of speed boost. Does that imply that the speed boost given by the Overdrive itself is removed or is it still there along with the 15 seconds of the speed boost supply?
  2. TheCongoSpider

    A Decade of Tanki Online!

    I've been frustrated at using all of my Mammoth's Overdrive just to chase down an enemy (on flat land) and not touch them with my Overdrive. My Mammoth is M2 (on WO4 account) and M1 Titans (possibly M2) still outrun me very slightly. My 1/10 upgraded M1 Titan has 0.01 more speed than my M2 0/10 Mammoth. The speed boost doesn't seem to help all that much. And this is against a heavy hull. It's worse with light hulls because an M2 Hornet yesterday (without speed boost) had the same speed as my M2 Mammoth + speed boost + Overdrive. I only have experience with it in the low ranks and I'm gaining a bit of experience with it in the upper-mid ranks. Perhaps it's better the higher you go.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    A Decade of Tanki Online!

    This was the funniest thing I've seen all day. 5 Mammoths, sitting in a pile, 0.01432 metres apart because they have AT-Fields.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Striker!

    From mid range, not from far. It would be nice to show them that they aren't immortal when cooped up in their corners. I'll have to get used to timing it. And I'm curious as to how many players would call me a hacker almost 8 months after the last batch of alterations were implemented.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    I decided on 3 separate occasions recently to use Mortar. Man, I almost forgot how to aim properly with that thing. I was missing most of my shots (dealt no splash damage) from far and I only have 2 Mine kills to date since the buff. I think I'll stay as a Reinforced Gun Carriage Magnum. I seem to have lost my touch with aiming from afar with Vertical Magnums and others seemed to have mastered it. The Mortar magnums are straight. I'm seeing them get kills from one vantage point all game and their splash damage is still high. Good for them for memorising the different angles and velocities for different vantage points in different maps. I'll stick to my Horizontal Magnum. I found Mortar to not be as great as Stock Magnum in MM. But that's in terms of attacking, if you're defending, you can be like this guy Boogwee. He stayed in his base and mine the place a well as lob a few shots here and there into our base. I tried a few times to get in there and retrieve my team's flag be there were so many mines planted around that I kept dying every time I got close. And as you can see, he came almost last. He may have came last but he was a significant help for his team because no one of us could have gotten in. This is just like Shock Freeze. You're sacrificing score for the safety of your team's victory but no one wants low score when high score is what matters the most in battles. Y'gotta get those stars after all. I silently commended his effort until I saw this in a battle right after that:
  6. TheCongoSpider

    A Decade of Tanki Online!

    Went in the low ranks (Warrant Officers) and Wasps are prevalent there, along with Mammoths and Hunters. In the Legend battles I've been in, all I saw were Mammoths and Hunters with a few Dictators. Nothing else. It made it somewhat unenjoyable since there were so many heavy hulls that I couldn't one-shot them to kill them fast enough. Everywhere if filled with Mammoths and I'm seeing them with Freezes. That's low. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Happy 10th Birthday Tanki! :D
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    4%? That seems pretty low. I consider the 2% increase for Dictator vital. I remember Dictator's Overdrive being one of the slowest to charge so I was a bit taken back at how fast my Overdrive recharged when I played it.I stopped to really notice it in a Highways TDM battle where I stayed iin my base to rank up assists (and/or kills) so I can heal the Shaft and Railgun that was near me. I looked down and I saw that my meter charged from 45% to 56% so I decided to test it out with the other hulls. If M4 LCR Railguns have enough damage to one-shot an unprotected M4 light hull, then with double damage, it is possible for them to one-shot an M4 light hull with 50% protection. I'm considering buying Railgun protection today but I haven't made a decision yet. If not Railgun, then I'd buy Firebird protection.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Feels good :) Feels bad :(
  9. TheCongoSpider

    A Decade of Tanki Online!

    I have yet to see one Wasp in Legend battles. They're filled with Mammoths on various turrets. And once again, I'm seeing high-rank players using M1 mammoths. Rather sad but you gotta do what ya gotta do to profit from the event.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    A Decade of Tanki Online!

    Just as I expected. Mammoths have come out to play.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    Opened two I had before and got: 125x Speed Boosts (Single Opening) 125x Repair Kits (Single Opening) Long awaited 15-Container Opening: 3,500x Crystals x 3 125x Double Armours 125x Double Damages 125x Speed Boosts 125x Mines 10,000x Crystals 3 Days of Premium 100 Of All Supplies 5x Gold Boxes 125x Repair Kits Rustle Paint Columbia Paint Prestigio Paint What can i say? I was pretty excited when I saw that only 7 of the 15 were commons but that feeling was thrown away when I got one of every possible reward from the uncommon section. Was it worth what I saved up for? I would say partially. I expected better but I got what I got.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Alright, this is the data I'm gathering. % Charge for each hull when obtaining a kill: Wasp: 8% Hornet: 8% Hunter: 8% Viking: 8% Dictator: 10% Titan: 8% Mammoth: 8%
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Gold Boxes!

    Double Take:
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    I can do that fairly easily if the enemies don't have protection against me. Another factor is my damage. My Magnum's average damage is 1,599 yet I hit below 1,500 (enough to kill an unprotected M4 medium hull) many times. Oh how frustrating it is to see the number 2,997 appear on an enemy Viking and then he uses a repair kit and runs away. I blame Drones because I usually don't use a Drone when playing with magnum and Hornet. The Drone I'd play with would be the Engineer Drone so I can support my teammates if I decided to lone wolf it. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ The buff to Mortar is too much in my opinion. A 15% decrease in damage makes Mortar the better option for lobbing shots into bases than Stock Magnum. You're hitting them with splash damage and that 15% reduction is going to deduct much damage away from a few hundred damage. And then you have a mine that deals more damage to an unprotected tank than the Magnum itself. All over, I'm seeing Mortar Magnums and I'm barely seeing Stock Magnums.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Actually, I was pretty joyful when I saw increased usage in Hyperspace Rounds recently. As for "Death Herald" Compulsator, that still is rare but there are definitely users. So far, I've only seen two Legend players using it while the vast majority were using Large Calibre Rounds or Electromagnetic Accelerator Scout. I had a teammate (one of the Legend players) who was using it and I observed how often he shot. Just like the calculations, almost the same speed as Stock Railgun. It's literally Stock Railgun but upgraded. The drawback is non-existent unless you've been playing Railgun all your life to notice the negligible increase in the shot delay. It's sad seeing no Stock Railguns out here. Is it that underpowered compared to the rest? And remember, Stock Railgun's reload time got decreased in the last balance update so that makes all of its alterations even more powerful, especially the ones that alter the reload time.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Too low. A 20% increase seems too underpowered for a drastic decrease in missile speed and reload speed. And protection against it would be as effective as it would be for Stock Striker. The lower tier the Striker is, the lower the damage increase. Having it at lower tiers would be undesirable as the only think it would be able to put up a great fight against is light hulls since the speed stays constant. Perhaps you could remove the reload speed increase and it may be alright. The players would be furious though. Yes, and I see them a lot in Legend battles. They have enough damage to one-sot my unprotected M3 Hornet so I'm not safe anywhere, especially when the enemy team has 3 of them. The only thing that stops me from changing is my Overdrive charge meter being above 50%. And then people wonder why Railgun protection is so common. IT's because you can get one-shotted no matter what hull you're using! You cna be an M4 Titan under your dome and POW, you've been one-shotted by a single Railgun shot. How does that feel? It feels like your purchase was a joke. I'm wondering how much better is LCR Railgun than Stock Railgun.Perhaps it's because high damage matters for turrets like those. Electromagnetic Accelerator "Scout" is somewhat balanced but it is able to kill an unprotected medium hull quicker on average since its damage range is almost as tight as Shell Stabilisation's damage range, not to mention that impact force. I hate being thrashed around by those things. The impact force should be reduced. And I see the majority of Railguns paired with Hornets so this is as prevalent as it can be and even more.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Maybe decrease the damage increase to 35%, where the average damage is tighter and small enough to not take away 90% of a medium hull's HP. You don't even need the Booster Drone. I face Large Calibre Rounds Railguns that one-shot my unprotected Hornet without double damage. They have the power to one-shot an unprotected light hull no matter the situation. The average damage for an M4 LCR Railgun is 1,680. My Hornet's HP is 1,812 and I'm frequently one-shotted by them. That means they're achieving above their average damage more often than not. Even if my Hornet had 2,000 HP, they would still be one-shotted because I see them one-shotting M4 Titans which has exactly double the health of M4 Hornet. I find it unbalanced that they can do this so often. Makes me realise that Stock Railgun doesn't need a buff in minimum damage if it's going to affect the alterations positively. XP as a combo is very powerful now especially when the Railgun is altered. Look at these.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Striker!

    No but I'm buying it when the sales on alterations come. Uranium seems too perfect to pass up apparently for others. I had to go on the Russian Forum in hope that someone used it and they did. And they showed where it can be used to the fullest. I tried it in the Test Server and it's going to take some getting used to.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I look at it like that as well. In JGR, Mammoth isn't as OP as people are saying it is because there are tons of Wasps in that mode that drop bombs everywhere on the map which renders a Mammoth attempting to use its Overdrive on the Juggernuat useless. Hunter can only achieve so much with its Overdrive against the Juggernaut, Hornet as well. With Titian, your dome isn't going to stop a smart Juggernaut from locking onto you and flipping you, thus rendering you a threat no longer. It's futile to try to use Dictator's Overdrive against the Juggernaut. I just wish people would stop treating Juggernaut like a king and actually play the objective. Yes, they're technically playing the objective (to obtain the most kills) but the way they bash on players killing everyone except the Juggernaut needs to stop. Use your Overdrive on everyone else, not just on one person! Vikings are the worse there, especially if you become the Juggernaut after 2 and a half minutes of battling. You spawn as it and BAM, a Viking Railgun is shooting you with its Overdrive and you die in 4 seconds. That person spawns as the Juggernaut and BAM, a Viking Smoky is shooting the guy and kills him in 6 seconds. Rinse and repeat until the 4th time and then their Overdrives begin to recharge and the other players would use their Overdrives.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I don't expect Vikings to dominate on a whole because of their massive instability but they somehow do. I've been seeing Hornets get top place more often than not and with Railguns. It just makes XP so much more annoying. Magnum protection modules are on the rise and I'm feeling it. I'm being put in battles where at least 3 enemies have protection. And somehow, no one on my team has protection against me. It happens many times on many accounts and is likely just coincidences but I find that frustrating that everyone who has protection against me is put on the opposing team. Good, at least I know another Viking player that isn't glued to the floor. I feel more threatened by a Stock Striker with Viking's Overdrive because of the increased maximum projectile speed and the increased shell acceleration time. But those Uranium Strikers usually get up close and don't seem to obtain splash damage (most likely server latency). And since Overdrives are a core part of the gameplay now, some alterations for turrets make Viking's Overdrive a complete downgrade. Like Incendiary band and Plasma Torch. When you're overheating with Incendiary band Vulcan and you activate your Overdrive, it instantly cools your tank to neutral temperature so you don't have the afterburn effect anymore. And since you don't have it anymore, you'd be dealing the increased direct damage which is 20% less than Stock Vulcan. Plasma Torch with Viking's Overdrive shoots Plasma Torch projectiles and not Stock Ricochet projectiles. I really hate that that is how it is. All turrets should be converted to Stock when using Viking's Overdrive. Decreasing the damage increase for Uranium is the answer. A 100% increase in reload time isn't going to stop the projectile from one-shotting a light hull or strip away more than 90% of a medium hulls health. And on lower modifications, it one-shots medium hulls if upgraded enough. It sickens me that they don't use anything else than Uranium for Striker up in the high ranks or anything else than Duplet.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    A Decade of Tanki Online!

    It's nice knowing that I could have bought the hulls before the servers came offline.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    125x Mines 125x Repair Kits 100 Of All Supplies
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Chernobyl and Stadium

    I have hope that you'll love it. It definitely gave me a refreshing taste. The map itself seems dull but that dullness make it feel interesting. I was on the receiving end of a blowout in a TDM there and the atmosphere and the scenery of the map itself made the blowout actually enjoyable. Just watch out for pesky Railguns and Thunders up top.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I await your reply tomorrow. And yes, every time I'm in a DM, I wonder how effective Viking's Overdrive is because in most maps, players are scattered so you're not going to be getting octa-kills like in lucky situations in team battles. Hornet and Hunter seem to be the best hulls for DM. I do believe that perspective plays a large part here since I am on the receiving end while you're on the receiving end and the giving end as well as other factors. And do you feel stable when playing Viking because I'm encountering Vikings that seem to have stability on par with Titan. I'm trying to test different scenarios to figure out which is the most/least efficient way to use Overdrives and the different consequences of using them. Viking's Overdrive already seems dependent on alterations for effectiveness.
  25. TheCongoSpider

    Authority In Tanki Online

    Hmmm, I wanted to see (from discussion among others) how players on the forum view and/or viewed authority. Those incidents I used were to show why I made the discussion topic and examples of how some players view them. I won't risk gaining a warning point so I guess you can lock this one (I anticipated it).
×
×
  • Create New...