Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

[Declined] Being Able to Buy Different Models of a Turret or Hull without having to buy the latest


Recommended Posts

      This is the second time I have brought up this idea. And I must tell whoever is going over this right now: Read this fully, and reread it once or twice. 

 

 

       I want to be able to not have to buy the latest model of a hull or turret. This is because I have to spend weeks or even months saving up for one thing. I want to be able to buy a different model. Right now I have an m2 turret and an m2 hull. I have m2 hornet and m2 freeze. Just before I bought m2 freeze, I considered buying m2 isida. I instead want to buy m1 isida (i have the m0) because it is cheaper and would still hold some importance in my garage. 

 

       The last time I brought up this, it was declined. The reason was that developers say that it is better to save for the better model. My response is this: Why should I have to do what the developers say is best? What if they are wrong? I want to do what I want not what the developers want. And I know what they want: Money upon money upon money. They don't care about what is best for me or my fellow tankers. Besides, they get quite enough money from supplies. I think they can let at least this pass.

 

       If you, whoever is reading this have already decided to decline it, think first. Is it due to wants of money or is it for the good of people who want to have fun at this game. I want to you to not do what the developers tell you to say, but say what YOU, as a PERSON, think. Will tankers have more FUN if this is implemented? Will the game BE better. As a PLAYER, would you enjoy this. Not if the DEVELOPERS would enjoy this. 

 

 

        Also, don't just hide the money reason behind something in your response like the last one did. You don't have to be just a robot and decline what all other moderators decline. Be FREE to accept and decline what YOU think is right and wrong. Give me one reason why this idea is bad. There is none. Just that it may decrease the amount of  money taken in by this much:

 

(Its down there:)

hands-man-s-hand-gesturing-small-amount-

 

That is all from me. Just remember to reread this once, twice, or thrice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

We understand where you're coming from.  But at the same time we implemented this measure as ultimately a cost-saving one.  In the past you had to buy each successive modification to achieve the ultimate one.  Now, if you already have the rank you get the last step for the same price and without having to spend crystals on the previous iterations, hence relatively cheaper.

And since saving up is your goal that should work out in your favour.  To that I might add, from a long time player's experience, getting a lower modification at higher rank and competing with others with the top equipment at their rank will end you up in a lot of lost battles.

 

The game is hard, trust me I know, I lived with mostly 1 tank and 2 turrets and a cheap protection when I was at your level, only buying wisely and the many forum topics and guides and friends advice helped a lot.  I did have some M1 things as well, but they were not so useful at all.

 

From developers perspective, they are not too keen in rolling back this update for technical reasons as well as for it being one of the updates that was requested and well acclaimed by players.

 

[Declined]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, not at all. Simply put, Isida M2 is gonna be much better for you than buying Isida M1 when you have M2 available. You're seriously handicapped and that also affects your future savings for Isida M2. I myself wanted Isida, but as I ranked to Brigadier, I know it's useless for me to be able to get isida M2 when I can get M3.

 

How will you be handicapped by buying Isida M1 at M2 rank? 1. Opponents will have a massive edge over your M1 Isida with Hornet M2 or even an M1 hull, making it difficult for you to compete with them. This results in more losses, less income and XP, and perhaps you ragequitting. Oh well, not really, cause you do have Hornet and Freeze M2.

 

2. It affects your savings in another way. You just wasted 19k on Isida M1, and voila, a 68k M2 Isida just became a 77k Isida M2 for you. I know that might seem senseless, but yeah, Isida M2 at your rank costs 68k, and getting Isida M1 is equivalent to buying Isida M2 at 19k extra than normal.

 

 

And by the way, even Isida M2 doesn't normally tend to fare well beyond the Major ranks, let alone M1. And don't gimme I get paid for this, because if I had been, i'd probably have Jackhammer AND Medic kits, but I currently have zero M3s.

 

And yea, if they wanted money, they wouldn't have given this option. And by the way, those big numbers may easily intimidate players with low amounts but don't fret and be careful with your savings. ;) And yea, we higher ranks may get bigger funds, and more crystals, but we have to pay more ;) And go participate some contests too.

 

 

And lastly, don't use profanity. And use the search option - this idea has been rejected countless times before, as have many others. ;)

Please. Read that text wall above. Please. And the devs aren't doing it for money, in fact the update actually decreases money for the developers! By probably the same amount as that picture you showed!

 

And also, please, stop flooding the I&S section with nubish and completely useless updates. PLEASE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

      You don't have to be just a robot and decline what all other moderators decline. Be FREE to accept and decline what YOU think is right and wrong. 

Again, we can't base our decisions regarding ideas exclusively on our own opinion. If we did that, then I would gladly approve a whole bunch of ideas we declined, for example adding ability to sell useless items back to the garage. But developers said that those ideas will not be added, therefore we have to decline them. It's our job to tell players what developers think, not what we think, because it's developers who are responsible for implementing the ideas and not us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, we can't base our decisions regarding ideas exclusively on our own opinion. If we did that, then I would gladly approve a whole bunch of ideas we declined, for example adding ability to sell useless items back to the garage. But developers said that those ideas will not be added, therefore we have to decline them. It's our job to tell players what developers think, not what we think, because it's developers who are responsible for implementing the ideas and not us.

You're totally right. It's just hat I have m2s already and I want a fightable isida to have, and it will take me forever to get the m2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're totally right. It's just hat I have m2s already and I want a fightable isida to have, and it will take me forever to get the m2.

 

It won't really take you years, just play a little more, read le Midrankers Handbook, and then go play Tanki Thinking Challenge and other easy contests. Please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...