Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

What made parkour better and what are the most wanted features among parkourists?


 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't think the game owners are very big fans of parkour, but they did some parkour contests: There were two contests of skyscraper-climbing, and the winning team got 1 000 000 crystals! And there was this little tanks tower contest where each member of the winning team got 20 000 crystals. So the developers are definitely not against parkour and they even encourage parkour a little bit.

The new physics also made parkour more interesting and challenging, which is always fun.

 

The developers do know the physics of the game and how parkour works, but they still don't know about it as much as the players do. We are the creative players who use what they create, and we know their creation better. I think the developers should ask us some questions about parkour and interact with us (parkourists) a little bit more.

 

What are the things parkourists want the most?

The first and most important thing is better collision of houses - houses are just like cubes and when you stand on them you float above their curved roofs. The biggest problem is not that it looks bad, but that it makes houses much worse for parkour because it's all like climbing plain blocks instead of being able to use the curved roofs as ramps to jump from house to house or to aim down from there to attack players. And it's really bad that players hit the air and fall down when they jump high enough to get on the visual house but not high enough for it's collision. I understand it is easier when they neglect areas that tanks are unable to get there - but today parkourists can get everywhere and parkour is going to affect the gameplay more and more as more parkour techniques are invented and pakrour becomes more popular. It doesn't look like a really hard work to fix the collision of the roofs to bring such an improvement to the gameplay. Especially now that parkour-fighting is spreading.. (once it was only my little parkour team using it, but players that saw us use parkour to win battles started doing it too and few parkour-fighting tricks became popular)

So fixing the collision of the roofs is definitely the best thing the developers can do for us.

 

There is also another thing that disturbs parkourists a lot: kill zones,

When someone gets on a really cool place and instantly get killed, it's just so annoying... But the problem about this is that kill zones are made especially to avoud parkourists hiding the flag outside of the "playable" area of the map where every player can reach. So no removin  kill zones at the next few years ;-)

 

 

Discuss this topic and let me know what do you think about it.

 

 

Good news!!

 

Parkour mode was added to the game and I'm sure it will be improved soon! Parkour has become official and the kill zones were removed! There also was the Masters of Parkour contest that gave some good parkourists a special parkour paint with mines and rail protection!  :)

Are you happy with it? Do you want anything more?

Edited by SwiftSmoky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

www.tanki-show.ru check this out, currently I keep working on ideas for this community. Hoping to see events and special paints implemented for the parkourists in the future.

 

Also a Russian admin, I guess it's Kasim, is watching to/helping with/doing parkour. I have seen him different times in 'Kinat Videos', so I guess stuff like this can come in this community aswell. Also there are English parkourists in ToT and showing their videos in the Russian community, but not here.

 

Conclusion: the parkour in this community is growing, improving and to be explored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parkour is one of the most popular modes in the game, Like xp it should become official, my ideas for parkour:

  1. Parkour will become official, special rules should be made so ruiners can be reported and punished for ruining parkour battles,
  2. Popular clubs who are a great success should become official and receive a parkour paint(of course there should be rules and requirements.)
  3. New maps(maybe those which are created exclusively for parkour events)
  4. Parkour contests both solo and team.

These updates should be implemented as soon as possible, hopefully before the next year. Because the game isn't fun anymore, Since the new drug update generalissimos whose only pleasure was drug constantly in endless battles is at end,now they are leaving, parkour is one of the only modes left to excite players, both solo and team. 

If the devs are busy, then should hire more devs, admins, mods, and assistants, it ins't hard. if they afford to give away Ipads,keyboards and  rewards of 1000's of dollars, then they are more then capable of spending a few 1000 bucks to make the players happy. Parkour is a major event and should be taken seriously by the devs. FB events and press events aren't enough, devs should think what players want too. This is my opinion, I barely play these days, only hang around Xp and parkour battles.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parkour is one of the most popular modes in the game, Like xp it should become official, my ideas for parkour:

  • Parkour will become official, special rules should be made so ruiners can be reported and punished for ruining parkour battles,
  • Popular clubs who are a great success should become official and receive a parkour paint(of course there should be rules and requirements.)
  • New maps(maybe those which are created exclusively for parkour events)
  • Parkour contests both solo and team.
These updates should be implemented as soon as possible, hopefully before the next year. Because the game isn't fun anymore, Since the new drug update generalissimos whose only pleasure was drug constantly in endless battles is at end,now they are leaving, parkour is one of the only modes left to excite players, both solo and team.

If the devs are busy, then should hire more devs, admins, mods, and assistants, it ins't hard. if they afford to give away Ipads,keyboards and rewards of 1000's of dollars, then they are more then capable of spending a few 1000 bucks to make the players happy. Parkour is a major event and should be taken seriously by the devs. FB events and press events aren't enough, devs should think what players want too. This is my opinion, I barely play these days, only hang around Xp and parkour battles.

Paints for the Pro's - I agree about the paint, but yet the English community hasn't reached the Russian skill level IMO. So to give away paints is too early for now.

Paints for events - In the future it should be an idea to give away paints for the winners of events.

Solo tournaments - Solo tournaments aren't useful in my opinion. Yet I'm about to explore what can be done solo in each map in my so called 'One-Man-Parkour' videos on http://youtube.com/user/thetankitelevision. Instead of solo tournaments I'd like to make tandem tournaments. As tandem you can do a lot more and it will be more interesting.

New maps - Yep should be an idea, the maps should be created only for the events and only be able to created by the organisators. The leaders of the team will get a few screenshots as preview to organise and think about what to do in the map.

Prizes - Tablets, keyboards etc.? Woah, NO! The parkour world hasn't reached the amount of participants like the eSport world has. Yet it are a few players and that's it. If this group grows bigger prizes could be decided and that might be a special paint. For now special paints can be given since the amount of participants isn't that much.

 

Share your opinions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of giving special paints for good parkourists, could be cool if the leader of each parkour club would choose a uniform for his club and all his parkour club would get a 50% mines paint with a customised look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice idea for a videos, it's very similar to a series I wanted to start. btw I got on the roof of industrial zone with one smoky shot, if u wanna see how watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnNoopnkubA

I wanted to start a "Climb It Yourself" contest videos where in each episode I challenge the viewers to get somewhere alone and show how the winner of last episode got up.

I was waiting to get 100 subs for permission to give crystal prizes to the winners, but I guess it's not gonna happen soon unless I'll get some help from something as popular as you.

Edited by SwiftSmoky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of giving special paints for good parkourists, could be cool if the leader of each parkour club would choose a uniform for his club and all his parkour club would get a 50% mines paint with a customised look.

The protection isn't a good idea, as good parkourist you should show the world how to conquer buildings. If you get paints so you have advantages, it makes no sense.. Because the world can say 'Looks cool', but never can redo it. :)

 

 

Nice idea for a videos, it's very similar to a series I wanted to start. btw I got on the roof of industrial zone with one smoky shot, if u wanna see how watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnNoopnkubA

I wanted to start a "Climb It Yourself" contest videos where in each episode I challenge the viewers to get somewhere alone and show how the winner of last episode got up.

I was waiting to get 100 subs for permission to give crystal prizes to the winners, but I guess it's not gonna happen soon unless I'll get some help from something as popular as you.

Aha, your 'two conquer series' is similar to my idea of 'tandem parkour' :lol:, you just should do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The protection isn't a good idea, as good parkourist you should show the world how to conquer buildings. If you get paints so you have advantages, it makes no sense.. Because the world can say 'Looks cool', but never can redo it. :)

Yeah, you're right.

 

Aha, your 'two conquer series' is similar to my idea of 'tandem parkour' :lol:, you just should do it!

I think we should just cooperate :D We're both skilld parkourists with creative and challenging ideas. It could be great to help each other, like giving each other ideas and you could help me recording videos with spectator mode... (or whoever can use it and can record from your club)

How about we'll start by recording an episode of The Conqueror (two players conquer series) so you'll conquer a map with me and a spectator will record it, and then you'll send me the video so I can upload it to my channel and you'll share it on yours. This could help me get popular and get permission to use spectator mode myself and give crystal prizes and all the good stuff :)

Could also be nice if I can participate in your OMP series, I'm pretty good at it ^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you're right.

 

I think we should just cooperate :D We're both skilld parkourists with creative and challenging ideas. It could be great to help each other, like giving each other ideas and you could help me recording videos with spectator mode... (or whoever can use it and can record from your club)

How about we'll start by recording an episode of The Conqueror (two players conquer series) so you'll conquer a map with me and a spectator will record it, and then you'll send me the video so I can upload it to my channel and you'll share it on yours. This could help me get popular and get permission to use spectator mode myself and give crystal prizes and all the good stuff :)

Could also be nice if I can participate in your OMP series, I'm pretty good at it ^^

We can discuss stuff further on skype, I guess you have it; add me: williewtdw. If you haven't please point it out here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention something, before fixing roof collision there's something more important. Fix this bug by adding a roof collision to the towers:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news!!

 

Parkour mode was added to the game and I'm sure it will be improved soon! Parkour has become official and the kill zones were removed! There also was the Masters of Parkour contest that gave some good parkourists a special parkour paint with mines and rail protection! :)

Are you happy with it? Do you want anything more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, you forgot to mention MoP contest.

 

Good news!!

 

Parkour mode was added to the game and I'm sure it will be improved soon! Parkour has become official and the kill zones were removed! There also was the Masters of Parkour contest that gave some good parkourists a special parkour paint with mines and rail protection! :)

Are you happy with it? Do you want anything more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the game owners are very big fans of parkour, but they did some parkour contests: There were two contests of skyscraper-climbing, and the winning team got 1 000 000 crystals! And there was this little tanks tower contest where each member of the winning team got 20 000 crystals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...