Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

OsmanHDPro

Tanker
  • Posts

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OsmanHDPro

  1. OsmanHDPro

    Adding Weight, Strategy, and Simplicity: How to Make Tanki Online Better

    What I'm going to say has some backing. My main account, "osmanabrar," is very old: it dates back to a time when the bullets were the loading screens, the tires didn't move, the map edges fell into an infinite void, and the turrets were Smoky, Thunder, Firebird, Isida, Freeze, and Shaft—whereas the hulls didn't have any hovering variants. And then I moved on. But... I always keep coming back. The game has a special place in my heart for repeated returns; however, there are issues that make us real Tanki Online players yearn for the classic. That's not what I'm going to do. What I will do is tell you how to make Tanki Online better. 1) Turrets The turrets have variety—good for not boring the users—but they don't have weight. When I shoot Thunder—a heavy and slow-reloading turret—at a Wasp—a small and lightweight hull—nothing happens; the Wasp barely moves when I shoot it with Thunder. I can picture it: all the crazy plays—a Wasp and Smoky—a medium-damage and medium-reload turret—with a flag in CTF against a horde of hulls, just shooting the enemy hulls' corners, making their shot deviate from him. The deviation. The excitement of a successfully executed strategy. That's what is missing. How do you improve it? Add weight to the shots Weight. Feedback. Firebird heats up a tank, giving it heating damage, whereas Freeze freezes the tank and slows it down. Those are the only two courtesies you have given in terms of feedback. Here are my weight measurements for the turrets: - Smoky: Medium — ability to sway a Wasp, Hunter, and Hornet - Thunder: High — all of the above alongside Titan and Dictator - Railgun: High — same as Thunder - Shaft: Medium (when shot without scope) and Ultra (when scoped and fully aimed), allowing it to deviate a Mammoth. You could add a midpoint for a partially charged shot. Your wiki mentions their weight and that it is locked behind an augment. I want it to be normal. I want it to be a core part of Tanki Online, not an unlock. So please do that. Speaking of hulls. 2) Hulls Variety is good. Their weight is not the issue. Their health is as it should be. The problem is strategy—there is none. I could shoot them all day and kill them, getting a good sound effect for gratification and dopamine hits, but it's not enough. I want to do something different that rewards me more, while the enemies do the same to me. And I believe I have an idea. Critical Points instead of Critical Hits There are critical hits, yes, but they are by chance and RNG. I'd like something more practical: a weak point. The back of the tank? The side of the tank? A point in the front of the tank? It doesn't matter, because it requires me to maneuver if I'm on the assault, and to shoot precisely when I'm with Shaft sniping from far away. "Maneuver" and "precisely shoot." See the difference in play? Even with Isida, I can do more damage and provide more health if I hit the critical parts of the hull, or, if you want to be more realistic, the part that is most damaged (most shot at/toward, and only seen by Isida users) can critically multiply the healing amount. The same goes for Freeze and Firebird: shooting at specific spots should have adverse effects. For example, freezing the front of the tank slows down turret movement and fire rate, while the back of the hull slows down enemy movement, leaving the turret to turn at its normal rate. Meanwhile, Firebird, while doing its own fiery damage, would heat up the turret when shot at the front, meaning that when the enemy shoots an overheated turret it damages them, and the opposite is true, when the tires overheated after the tank is heated from the back, any movement would damage the enemy, leaving the turret rotation doing no damage. You get what I'm putting down? Do you see the vision? The Tanki Online of now is bloated with augments and self-drugs (supplies) that make us old players yearn for the classic. The simplicity of it. The "less is more" aspect of it. It's been an hour writing this, so I have one more thing. 3) Less is More The augments, I feel, are there for the sake of being there. They are present because you, the devs, wanted them to be. How do I put this? It's like selling water when I could just go to the ocean, grab the water, and use natural desalination to acquire clean water. They give the whale a massive advantage against everybody, which breaks the balance changes mentioned in this post. So how do you fix them? That's later in the post. The supplies—what I get from containers and what are in my hotbar. What's the point? If we're gonna activate them anyway and all the time, why not make our damage and defense the same as those provided by these supplies, and remove them? What's the point of auto-supplying? Why does this game mechanic exist? Better damage? The enemy has double defense/armor enabled, so this becomes null and void and akin to my normal damage. So why does this exist? The fix will be later in the post. As for mines and grenades, replace the supplies with these utilities, and more if you add them in the future. Now for the fix. The Fix Augments—I see them as like power-ups in a shmup (shoot 'em up) genre; they boost the turret's ability in more ways than one. So why not make them drop from the sky like you do your crystals and supplies, and have their duration be for the entire match or a minute or two? As for augments from crates, remove them... or keep them; you give us a taste test in matches in the form of augments dropping from the sky, and if the player has some fun, they'll gamble away in the crates. I do not like this business model, but I do not know business, and the devs need money, so do with that information what you will. Supplies in the hotkeys: remove them. Get rid of them. All the supplies we have, turn them into container keys or crystals. I don't care. They don't give any advantage to anyone, and the only one at a disadvantage is the one who doesn't have or hasn't activated their supplies. So remove them entirely, and replace them with mines, grenades, gold box drops, and more if you add them. Just leave the supplies dropping from the sky. Same with Overdrive: do not make it cooldown-focused, make it sky-drop focused. You already have an Overdrive box dropping from the sky that recharges the Overdrive; why not remove the cooldown and only have me get the Overdrive from the sky-dropped box and activate it when I want? Finally, as for XT skins and others, give us like... a one-in-a-million (or more) chance of it falling from the sky like gold boxes. Conclusion I, a Tanki player, want what's best for the game and the developers making it. One side wants money, and both sides want fun. And I believe these changes should make the player NOT yearn for the classic, but still make Tanki Classic because, heheh, nostalgia. Thank you for reading this.
  2. OsmanHDPro

    Publishing Tanki Online in Huawei App Gallery

    Dear Tanki Devs, I am using Huawei Nova 9 SE to play Tanki Online, which was downloaded from a third-party store (and it works). But I would like this game to be in the Huawei's app store, Huawei App Gallery, so I can utilize auto-updates and maybe some beta testing (wink wink). Thank you, Ozwald.
×
×
  • Create New...