Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

What Is Your Opinion About the Current State of Tanki Online?


Maf
 Share

Thoughts on the current state of Tanki Online  

643 members have voted

  1. 1. What is your opinion about the current state of Tanki Online?

    • Love It
      56
    • Satisfied
      134
    • On Edge
      276
    • Hate It
      175
  2. 2. Which turret(s) is/are the best in this current meta? (Performance and Effectiveness based off of Standard MM Battles) Please do not put your favorite turret.

    • Firebird
      74
    • Freeze
      69
    • Isida
      28
    • Hammer
      91
    • Twins
      37
    • Ricochet
      60
    • Smoky
      64
    • Striker
      71
    • Vulcan
      141
    • Thunder
      55
    • Railgun
      86
    • Magnum
      103
    • Gauss
      165
    • Shaft
      81
    • Tesla
      100
    • Scorpion
      55
  3. 3. Which Hull(s) is/are the best in this current meta? (Performance and Effectiveness based off of Standard MM Battles) Please do not put your favorite Hull.

    • Wasp
      37
    • Hornet
      76
    • Viking
      153
    • Hunter
      54
    • Dictator
      38
    • Ares
      69
    • Titan
      48
    • Mammoth
      22
    • Hopper
      138
    • Crusader
      70
    • Paladin
      118


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, TheCongoSpider said:

No thank you. ? That's a drone I would rather stay away from for as long as possible, unless in the future where I would really need it in order to play the game. Currently, there is no need for me to have or use this drone. I have Driver.

Driver is overrated. Even Engineer is more useful for MM battles imo.

  • Saw it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SporkZilla said:

I still don't think I get the country paints often enough to justify spending TK on the rest

On one account I only have 14/45 after over three years and nearly 550 hours of playing

I'd only buy the rest because my remaining TK are now worthless because I only spent them on Battle Passes

You can only buy country paints with TKs?   ?     LOL.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wolverine848 said:

You can only buy country paints with TKs?   ?     LOL.

OK clever clogs, I could buy 10 Coin Boxes or 6000 crystals or a couple of gold boxes with the 150 TK it would cost to buy the remaining 30 country paints in a 50% sale, but that's still next to useless

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SporkZilla said:

OK clever clogs, I could buy 10 Coin Boxes or 6000 crystals or a couple of gold boxes with the 150 TK it would cost to buy the remaining 30 country paints in a 50% sale, but that's still next to useless

No - I can't believe they expect us to spend TKs for useless paints.  That's just dumb.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, wolverine848 said:

No - I can't believe they expect us to spend TKs for useless paints.  That's just dumb.

Yeah I know its dumb..But it took me a year to get all the county paints by using my weekly container tankoins...I did this to stop getting terrible rewards from my ultra containers, But it also made my regular container pulls a whole lot better. Like now ill get epics and crystals more often and now augments from regular containers. 

  • Saw it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, asem.harbi said:

Honestly I see it's meaningless to buy all of the country paints while we don't know how containers mechanics work..! If containers was choosing a pure random item without looking at categories, yes it's beneficial to buy all the country paints.

But I think containers are working in a way of #1 : Selecting the Domain (Common - Rare - Exotic...) #2: Selecting the Kingdom (Turret - Hull - Paint - Crystals - Supplies) #3: Selecting the Phylum (Skin - Augment) #4: Lastly selecting the Specie (Choosing the item).

So if I purchased all of the country paints in Rare domain, only some supplies and crystals in the Rare domain will leave to me! Almostly useless.

I don't think this is correct from my personal and friends' experiences and the container project.  I think every item you don't have has some weight or likelihood of being selected.  

For example, I have all items except a few exotic.  I don't get Epic (only 100k crystals available) and Legendary (only 300k crystals available) at nearly the same rate as an account with many missing Epic and Legendary items.  Further, the chance of getting the last few exotic is much lower for me than someone that has 20 exotics left.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MysticBlood said:

Yeah I know its dumb..But it took me a year to get all the county paints by using my weekly container tankoins...I did this to stop getting terrible rewards from my ultra containers, But it also made my regular container pulls a whole lot better. Like now ill get epics and crystals more often and now augments from regular containers. 

That's pretty smart man. And a good idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can we play against the stun augment for striker? It hits you, you get stunned, then you move forward a few meters, then you get stunned again, move forward a few more meters, stunned again...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ghost-guns said:

How can we play against the stun augment for striker? It hits you, you get stunned, then you move forward a few meters, then you get stunned again, move forward a few more meters, stunned again...

Honestly I used to have 2 prototypes of OPs that I think Tanki wont and impossible to pass them because they reached the limit of incredibleness..

#1: EMP Gauss --- #2: Hopper-Crisis combo

I said EMP Gauss have a 20m radius of EMP.  Hopper-Crisis can capture the flags incredibly fast. Tanki can't make a thing stronger than the old EMP Gauss nor a thing quicker than Hopper-Crisis. Except if they went extreme and lost their minds, basically. And if Tanki reached a level of creating a thing stronger than the two above and we still playing... We then are stupids.

 Now I think with the current Stun Striker AND Stun Railgun... They somehow trying to be stronger than EMP Gauss. And I still playing..! Till now Tanki haven't passed the Hopper-Crisis limit of OPness, and I still in my old thought that Tanki is impossible to pass it.

Honestly they stunned me when they made the buyers stopping you from playing, haven't think about it before..! Yea, Tanki passed the EMP Gauss limit.. By making buyers stopping you from playing!!

  • Like 1
  • Saw it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, numericable said:

Why do u get only 700 crystals if you watch an ad? Me i get 2K for each battle, sometimes it is 1700 but NEVER 700 crystals.

@mjmj5558 Crystals gained from ads after a battle depends on the player's rank. 

Edited by TheCongoSpider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, numericable said:

But he is legend 8 and i am also legend so...

There are different numbers of Legends. You get two different numbers of crystals for the ad. One lower and one higher. 

I wasn't bothered to keep track of the pre-Legend ranks, but with each increase in Legend number, it adds 18 crystals to the higher number, and adds ~15 crystals to the lower number. 

Edited by TheCongoSpider
  • Saw it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i heard that you can MU equipments in stream version even if your rank is higher for it (i.e you're marshal and have mk6 equipment) :ph34r: that's why they want to shut flash version XD (just joke)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheCongoSpider said:

There are different numbers of Legends. You get two different numbers of crystals for the ad. One lower and one higher. 

I wasn't bothered to keep track of the pre-Legend ranks, but with each increase in Legend number, it adds 18 crystals to the higher number, and adds ~15 crystals to the lower number. 

Oh ok thanks, that's why the reward difference between me and him is so different.

That means that players like boris4311 gets 6K crystals for each ads watched if he would play on,mobile ? anyways those players dont need crystals anymore

Edited by numericable
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, SporkZilla said:

lBcCLuH.jpg

Nothing is by chance on this game.

I don't have stun immunity on the tanks which are fully upgraded (titan and viking).

I have it on hunter, which I have not microupgraded.

They want me to spend time and (hopefully money) microupgrading hunter. Not going to happen. I play the game to blow off steam inbetween work or my other (real life and worthwhile) hobbies.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opened a normal container, but something glitched and haven't seen the reward. Decided to check my turrets incase if I got an augment..

Spoiler

0ARmA1u.png

Get stunned when I knew I had Stun Smoky, for sure it wasn't from the container I opened because such augments comes from UCs only. Now Smoky is the most turret I have augments for, one of them I bought it (AR), and the rest are from containers.  Honestly it's my first time to get an exotic augment that apply a status effect of (Stun or AP or EMP). Though it's not as strong as the stupid Stun Rail, nor stronger than Stun Striker.. But at least I got it and I can compete with the annoying buyers and force them to equip immunity.

  • Like 2
  • Saw it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, its here. Andddd

  • Like Ares ball, it has splash. 700 per tick. 1 tick is each second, which is not the same as Isida or other melee Turrets.
  • Tap to release a very VERY slow energy ball.
  • Press and hold to conduct your electricity. Similar to Isida.
  • Unlike Isida, you can hear each individual shock.
  • It can connect with enemy energy balls.
  • Melee range Turret.

What do I think? From what I see right now, it can be annoying upon release date since everyone will be using this Turret, but what I've seen from the test server. I think this Turret is trash.

Tesla-1.png

Tesla-2.png

Tesla-3.png

 

  • Like 2
  • Saw it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, asem.harbi said:

Opened a normal container, but something glitched and haven't seen the reward. Decided to check my turrets incase if I got an augment..

  Reveal hidden contents

0ARmA1u.png

Get stunned when I knew I had Stun Smoky, for sure it wasn't from the container I opened because such augments comes from UCs only. Now Smoky is the most turret I have augments for, one of them I bought it (AR), and the rest are from containers.  Honestly it's my first time to get an exotic augment that apply a status effect of (Stun or AP or EMP). Though it's not as strong as the stupid Stun Rail, nor stronger than Stun Striker.. But at least I got it and I can compete with the annoying buyers and force them to equip immunity.

Stun Railgun is pretty annoying for the user and the person getting Stunned. I hate it's mechanics of a long reload- completely random chance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Tesla turret. I wanted a electric-based turret since 2017 and the devs have exceeded my expectations with the mechanics of the turret. The particle effects are also amazing as well.

As for the actual stats itself, I'm gonna be biased this one time only, so I don't care if it's OP 

Anyway, I came up with some Alterations for Tesla hehehehehehehehehe:

Spoiler

Tesla

Electrical Degrader

For those tankers who want simplicity; Removes all special abilities from Tesla, allowing the turret to convert all energy to its base attack and do significantly increased damage.

Damage increased by 25%

Inability to fire balls of lightning

 

Ball lightning effects removed

 

Chain lightning effects removed


 
 

Tesla

Electroshock Coils

High-voltage electric coils allow the turret to fire blasts of electricity that are strong enough to stun targets, but the base firing rate is heavily reduced. Stuns do not occur on ball lightning charges.

Normal attacks stun the target

Firing rate decreased by 50%

Stun duration: 0.1 seconds

 

Ball lightning chains do not stun targets

 

Chains from normal attacks will stun

Tesla

Damage Amplifier

Siphons energy from nearby ally tanks, allowing the turret to increase its base damage with each ally nearby. However, such amplified charges will lose much of their efficiency when chained on multiple enemies.

Normal attack damage is increased by 35% for each ally near the player

Loses 60% of total damage when firing on multiple enemies


 

Allies must be within 10 meters for the damage boosting effect to occur

 

Damage penalty occurs after the damage division when firing on multiple enemies has occurred.


Example: Normal shots do 800 damage. Firing on two enemies will decrease the damage by 50%, making Tesla deal 400 damage to each. This alteration further decreases that divided damage by 60%, giving a total damage output of 160 damage per shot when firing on two enemies at once.

Tesla

Big Ball of Doom

Special setting for the Tesla turret. Converts all electrical energy to a special reactor that generates massive balls of lightning that do huge damage per hit and can travel much faster than normal. Such a setting disables the turret’s default zapping attacks.

Ball Lightning damage increased by 33%

 

Ball Lightning projectile speed increased to 15 m/s

 

Enemy Teslas cannot utilize the ball of lightning

Inability to fire normal shots

 

Allied Teslas cannot utilize the ball of lightning

 

 

Edited by Tanker-Arthur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, yellowghetto said:

700 per tick. 1 tick is each second, which is not the same as Isida or other melee Turrets.

it's not actually a "tick" lol.

More like it "shoots", like Hammer.

And each shot does 800 damage per hit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, yellowghetto said:

I think this Turret is trash.

It's ball lightning gives it longer range than Firebird, Freeze, Isida, and maybe even Hammer and does 800 damage per hit. Also the shots seem to reload much faster than 1 second. It's more like a 0.75 second reload or something.

Even if it does reload at 1 second, that means Tesla has 100 more DPS than a Firebird.

 

Yes, it's trash against Gauss, but it's definitely not trash against other short-ranged turrets. It's probably tied with Isida with being the best considering that Firebird and Freeze have Heat/Cold Immunity nulling their already balanced effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, At_Shin said:

In my opinion tesla can be better than Gauss and even magnum at damaging and potentially killing enemies far away and not in the line of sight.

Now, I will narrate an imagined account of using tesla for camping to explain my point further -

  Hide contents

 

The map is Brest CTF. The enemy long ranged turrets, camping at their base at the raised platform area, are continuously killing my allies who try to make a run for their flag. I go up on my base platform and fire the tesla ball as quickly and frequently as I can without getting severely damaged by enemy shots. After a minute or so, the first electric ball has reached the enemy base platform. Now, the fun begins. I zap the nearest electric ball which then transfers the shot to the next electric ball  - the instantaneous process repeats and I begin damaging the enemy long ranged turrets right while I am sitting at my base. I continue to shoot more electric balls at their base so that I can continue damaging them. 

Many of the enemy snipers run out of my zapping range but, this whole thing was just a way to distract the enemy snipers. Now, my allies can go for their flag while I continue shooting electric balls and zapping any enemy tank which come near.

 

 

 

Thus, the tesla turret belongs to a new generation of melee turrets which can not only potentially fire at infinite range but also fire at enemies not in your direct line of sight. 
 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Zig-Zag line of fire. Imagine the enemy was hiding behind the red building. You will be able to damage the enemy tank without ever going near him!

unknown.png?width=825&height=663

 

You can place the electric balls in such a manner that you can shoot at and damage an enemy hiding behind cover. Tesla is the first melee turret to be able to do that. You can shoot at enemies above or below your level (just shoot an electric ball in the target's general direction and then wait for it to get near, then shoot the ball and you will be able to damage your enemy directly above or below your tank too)!

I agree hehe. ?

It's just that Gauss is the annoying sniper than can hit you before you even see it, if it's oriented out of your direct line of sight.
 

Spoiler

Also, I feel like due to the ball lightning, Tesla's effective range is more like Hammer's than it is with Isida, Firebird, and Freeze lol

 

  • Sad 1
  • Saw it 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...