Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

Make Hornet's OD have the ability to give recommendations and warnings to the teammates on the map, like a military commander


Recommended Posts

Some Hornet players like to stay back in safety with their OD on, to their teammates' benefit. Taking that gameplay one step further, it'd be nice if the Hornet could also give advice and recommendations to their teammates: warning them of danger, recommending the safest path, etc. This could encourage cooperation, which is in my opinion when Tanki is the most fun. This way, players who want to be a sort of general of the battle can be just that - staying back and leading the others. They aren't forced to follow the advice of course, but if the Hornet proves themselves to give good strategic advice they might choose to obey their commands.

Excuse the bad sketch below, it's just to show the idea.

OwNrrkT.png

A Hornet has its OD on in CTF, and shows the positions of the enemy tanks and also gives the Hornet the ability to use their mouse to place different signs on the map, which are only visible to the teammates. Here he has placed warning signs on the right side because he thinks 2 enemies there are threatening to take the flag and must be dealt with. He also think the enemies have a weak defense on the left side and recommends attacking the flag from there. The mouse and the tiny red exclamation mark-sign is because he haven't placed it out yet. Also, if these signs are annoying to some players, or if there's a lot of trolls using them to sabotage, there should be an option to turn them off so they arent visible to you personally.

He can select all sorts of signs to put on the map, from "Attack the flag now!", "Stay in *this* zone and defend!", "Attention to *this* area!"

This idea would work well with the old "chat-wheel" idea, which is an idea to have premade text-messages so players can "talk" to each other, more quickly than chatting and translated automaticly to player's language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Declined

The suggestion is good, but I don't see why it should be tied to Hornet OD. For the record, I have huge appreciation for Hornet teammates who focus on staying alive with OD on to provide radar for the whole team — it's extremely helpful. But I'm not gonna listen to some random dude's orders just because he equipped Hornet.

Would be much better to have this sort of feature always available to all players, so that they can highlight dangerous enemies/areas, request help, suggest routes of attack, etc.
I recommend you check out this suggestion for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree with you Maf but from the example screenshot it doesn't seem like he's giving orders, the example there is clear, the green arrows are marking that side of the map as "safe" while the red circles would be indicating some threat around the corner, as long as it's simple things like that and not specific orders like "do this, do that, go up, go down" then a player can decide to follow the signs or not, still i would reconsider declining the idea.

On top of that he also suggested an option to turn them off to maybe make the game less confusing or more likeable for new players/old players respectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now what would happen if there are multiple hornets with conflicting signals?
Personally I would prefer not to clutter the UI like this, on top of the already present sight interfering notifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2023 at 12:14 PM, frederik123456 said:

Now what would happen if there are multiple hornets with conflicting signals?
Personally I would prefer not to clutter the UI like this, on top of the already present sight interfering notifications.

This, is a valid counter argument, and thus would be a much more valid reason to decline the idea, or simply make it valid but work differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2023 at 1:52 PM, JustBlackWolf said:

i agree with you Maf but from the example screenshot it doesn't seem like he's giving orders, the example there is clear, the green arrows are marking that side of the map as "safe" while the red circles would be indicating some threat around the corner, as long as it's simple things like that and not specific orders like "do this, do that, go up, go down" then a player can decide to follow the signs or not, still i would reconsider declining the idea.

Like I said — the idea is good. There's just no reason to give the ability to Hornets only. And for the idea of everyone having this, there's the older topic I linked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel this like having a superior look towards the players, like you don't have to play but direct the players where to go and how to do.

I disagree for not being active in the battle. And I disagree with the idea as I think it's unnecessary and most of the time I will ignore their alerts, whether unintentional or I think they overreacting to a small alert.  But it may help me if I want to be a mult and send irrational signals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...