*Creeps forward out of the shadows into the light*
Okay, I just read over all the spam stuff with everyone crying about spam. I then did a real quick calculation in my head. The last 100 pages were posted in 14 days, which is approximately 6 pages per day, or 1 page every 4 hours, or 5 posts every hour, OR 1 post every 12 minutes. I then went back to the times when me and tofu and drak were going hard spamming. With what looks to be half of our posts deleted we made the same number of posts in the same amount of time. That effectively means that we've halved the amount of spam there is on this page.
Now I know I've been real inactive recently, and therefore my say in things doesn't have much sway, but still. Stahp criing. There's less spam than ever and people are leaving because there's too much, while at the same time other people are leaving because there's not enough?! WHAT?! :blink: :wacko: :huh: :mellow: <_< -_-
To those of you who think that there is too much spam, understand that we cleared 100 pages in about 8 days. You won't find this because some mod deleted at least half our posts, but you don't know the half of it. As is explained below, if spam is such a big problem for you, don't just leave. That's not going to get you anywhere except out of a clan. Try to change peoples views, or hang on as the bigwigs crack down on spam. But don't complain about it. That never got anyone anywhere.
To those of you who say that there's not enough spam, just take a quick look around on the forum. We still clear more pages a day than any other clan, and we, as a clan that is STILL IN NEWCOMERS, have a higher post count than almost all other clans on the forum. Get real. We spam loads. We honestly make other clans look like they should all be closed with the number of messages we send.
To those of you who say that people outside HD laugh at us, what do we care? Our clan hasn't closed three or four times over as plenty of other clans have. We actually have good friendships that have been made through this clan, and isn't that more important than any success of some clan in a game that's going to close soon anyways?
Finally, to the big bosses, Gnat, Zen and abs. Don't just outright ban spam. That hasn't worked over the past 1400 pages, what makes you think it'll work now? You're better to slowly work at people, or slowly kick them from the clan. The reason people don't respect the no spamming rule is that it has never had a viable consequence. I understand this. As the main skype person, people don't swear or spam or break the rules on skype. Why? Because if they do I kick them from the group. Either slowly try to change peoples opinions or start cracking down on them. However, understand that by cracking down on people, you run a very real risk of losing many people to other, less strict clans.
Thanks if you read all of that, I hope you all understand.
per.
P.s: Note that I'm trying to be reasonable. It's something that the internet doesn't have enough of, but maybe y'all could not just go from 0-100 real quick. I mean, as leader of teh spaemriaiemr brseors, I hate the no spam rule. But I try to be reasonable.
Maybe we could all try that sometime.
Bye.
*Backs away into the shadows again*