Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

Jwimmer

Tanker
  • Posts

    2 130
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jwimmer

  1. Awesome update! A few glitches, namely the battle creating one. Can't make a pro battle with no time limit. Super excited for this feature. Should make the pesky "earn XP in TDM" missions waaay easier to complete.
  2. Cool paint I guess. Other prizes seem to be a bit of a cop-out. 50k crystals for 1st place? Also, is spectator allowed?
  3. Jwimmer

    [Forum Game] Rate someone's garage!

    10/10, considering your rank.
  4. Jwimmer

    Combat Tactic : Leave and Rejoin

    I'm with you on your confusing. Every so often, a player will join and leave repeatedly as fast as possible. I know this makes some lag in the game, and could just be a trolling method. As for people leaving and rejoining to play, I think they try to leave right before dying, then join back, in order to make their d/l better. Even though it does not work, they may just not know better.
  5. Jwimmer

    Expected issues with payment options

    Idk man. Subs are really good.
  6. Jwimmer

    Expected issues with payment options

    I have no idea then. If you haven't contact the Tanki help email.
  7. Jwimmer

    Expected issues with payment options

    Make sure you have authorized your card to buy crystals. I have run into the same problem both times I have bought- the credit card company sees that I live in the USA, but am buying something from Russia. Check your email associated with your CC, and you may have a notice, and from there you can tell your CC company that it is really you making the purchase.
  8. Jwimmer

    Glitch after being killed by a freeze

    Its actually quite annoying, and I don't think it is supposed to occur. The slower acceleration leaves you about a meter or two behind where you would be without it, not to mention the slower rotation speed. If an enemy is close, they can circle you before you can even start firing. On small maps, it has a pretty large effect.
  9. Jwimmer

    The Legend Rank is here!

    Anyone else not like the design for the legend logo? It looks nice on its own, but compared to the rest of the ranks, it just doesn't fit in. Sticks out like a sore thumb on main server chat and on the battle views (where it shows the players in battles).
  10. Pencil and ruler for outline, colored pencil for color. Yes, I did put both of my accounts on the paper, no, I am not attempting to enter the contest on both. Pretty fun contest!
  11. Jwimmer

    Glitch after being killed by a freeze

    I've been noticing this off an on since the rebalance. After I am killed by a freeze, I accelerate slower immediately when respawning. It feels like the freeze effect did not reset when being killed. I had a good video of this (I thought), but when I went to watch it, it was very choppy for some reason. Go test it out yourself, if you haven't noticed it already. It is a noticeable difference in turret rotation acceleration and hull acceleration.
  12. I know from experience that, when using thunder, I die more often by being killed, not self-destructing. Like its not even close- maybe 40:1
  13. Jwimmer

    Gold Boxes!

    First gold ever at this drop zone. Found it early, stayed in the base, and only a few other people found the zone before it spawned.
  14. Nice one. I need to start using my thunder more... it has a good deal of MUs as well.
  15. Jwimmer

    Complaint Book

    I'll be straight up with this answer: Supplies. I'll also be straight up in saying that the only solution would ruin the game. Look at the lobby, and the types of games you would want to join. On average, about 5-20% of them actually look pleasing to join- the rest have lopsided scores, and consequently a full team vs an empty team. The reason for so many battles like this? People drug, their team dominates, and it is not fun for the other team. Since Tanki is here for fun/enjoyment, the other team leaves (and I don't blame them). Supplies are the main reason so many games go downhill. Unfortunately, there is not an in-between ground or easy way to solve the problem. A common misconception among druggers is telling people to simply join PRO battles with drugs off if they don't like drugging. However, games like this consist of about 10% of total battles across all servers, and often just a couple in EN2. So clearly, that solution is not feasible. Because of this, the only way to avoid drugs and heavy druggers would be for Tanki to completely remove all drugs. An update like that would effectively chase off a large portion of the buyers in Tanki, which could easily lead any company downhill. I think the main saving grace for Tanki right now is that there are really not competitors. Earlier this week, I downloaded Steam and searched around for some games. The ones that I found all required a computer stronger than mine, even though mine is about average on the types of laptops most people have (core i5, 8 gb of ram). Tanki is the one exciting game that I can play. Tanki pretty much stands by itsself in multiplayer, free to play games where a person can build up their own profile. I also think another problem is bringing in new players. Like Beaku said, the game can be a bit confusing for a newcomer. I also think the the game starts out too slow. Tanks are slow, look worse than a trash can, turrets are weak, rewards are next to nothing. There is a pretty niche group of players it brings in- when I started, about 5 or 6 other real-life friends played. However, because the game seemed boring to them (and I can see why), they all quit before getting to warrant officer 2. Making low-level gameplay more exciting is key to keeping the game alive.
  16. Or, you can use the built in feature. I know for sure this works on windows 8, so it should work on 10. Simply hold down the windows key (bottom left area of keyboard), and press print screen (PrtSc), which is in the top bar of your keyboard. It will save to a screenshots folder in your pictures section of My Computer.
  17. Oh awesome. I actually need it to not be rotating while using vulcan for a picture I need. Thanks for the quick reply.
  18. How do you set it to make the camera not be able to rotate with your turret?
  19. Very nice. I am kinda surprised that Rico got low ratings and smokey got decently high-the more cover, the better for Rico. Also, I would say to use pictures of the m3 modifications of turrets. Very helpful, well-written, and extensive.
  20. I'm not much of an artist, but I'll give it a try at some point
  21. Wheeew! Made the top articles! It seems all of my pictures on the forum have disappeared, and I suspect it is because tiny pic is down. If tiny pic isn't back up in a few days, I will reupload the pics in my article through imgur. Also, congrats to the other top article writers.
  22. Jwimmer

    Episode 113 of the V-LOG is here

    The benefits must be good then, especially if it would cost 1 mil crystals to start earning them.
  23. Jwimmer

    Episode 113 of the V-LOG is here

    That feels a bit on the low side, especially if you can get bonus crystals and stuff from being in the clan.
×
×
  • Create New...