Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

GoldRock

Tanker
  • Posts

    6 068
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by GoldRock

  1. GoldRock

    Best Username in Tanki

    ^Clearly, this guy's love for Corvettes is at odds with Mr. Slow's username.
  2. GoldRock

    THE GAME is over!

    This new system, in my opinion, will make it easier for more active players to win (such as the Russians, who may be able to spend hours a day on the game/forum), and harder for normal players. For example, due to the release time of the videos, I will be at school and so will not be able to see them for 6 hours until after they've been released. With the old system, this would have been OK, since you only had to make sure to be online when the final clue was released - it didn't matter when you saw the other clues, as long as you used your initiative to solve them. But with the new system, it means that I'll have practically no chance of entering the clues early on the days they are released. Those who have more time for the forum/game will be fine, whereas those who don't will be disadvantaged. It seems that this is a case of increasing competition for the Russian community, and leaving our community behind in the dust. I'm very disappointed; I may be the first from our community to put forth such criticism, but once the Game gets underway, I'm sure I won't be the last...
  3. GoldRock

    THE GAME is over!

    Awesome, good luck all!
  4. GoldRock

    Longest time you've been awake for?

    Just so you know, post count doesn't really mean anything... I was going to downvote your post, then I discovered I've ran out of negative votes for today. Clearly, I've been feeling very considerate recently xD
  5. GoldRock

    World Cup Brazil 2014

    Statistically, Brazil should win, though I'm sure Portugal will be strong contenders.
  6. GoldRock

    Why are XP Battles so popular? [by GoldRock]

    Thanks for the feedback! And thanks, MG ^_^
  7. GoldRock

    FPS raise on Windows 7!

    +1
  8. It's been known about for a while, I guess.
  9. GoldRock

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Yep, canadarules uses Prodigi in XPs...
  10. You do not understand how business works.
  11. GoldRock

    Best Username in Tanki

    Muphry's law.
  12. GoldRock

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    I advise we cease this public discussion of moderator's actions. It seems you may have got the wrong idea from my last post, let me elaborate. Personally, I hold nothing against MisterGeneral anymore. There simply is no point in bringing up past disputes or rumours, it won't be constructive in any way. I'm encouraging getting back on topic here simply because this debate is not appropriate for the forum. I would take the opportunity to compliment him on his more recent work for the players of our community, but I do not wish to violate the 'public discussion' rule myself.
  13. GoldRock

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Ohhhhh, not this debate... I thought that public discussion of moderator's actions is against the rules, positive or negative. Odd. Otherwise, I'd happily respond to Expertise's point. But clearly, this isn't an appropriate discussion topic for POTD, so we should probably get back on-topic...
  14. Well, it can be addictive - no, I'm not addicted. OK, we can all agree the game's pretty fun otherwise we wouldn't be here. And I've got to admit, XP battles have really added a competitive aspect to the game. However, the best sign of addiction is always the 'withdrawal symptoms' - if someone were to challenge you not to play the game for a whole month, as a matter of seeing how much self-control you have, would you be able to do so? If the answer's no, you're addicted. In my case, the answer's yes, since I've voluntarily taken breaks from the game on numerous occasions.
  15. GoldRock

    Why won't Devs make XP Battles an Official Rule?

    This is something which the administration is in the process of discussing, so I've heard. Obviously, there might be pros and cons to this (e.g. an unsuspecting player might not know what XP means, enter a battle with the wrong combo and then get banned for doing so, which wouldn't be too fair). Therefore, the debate here is whether XP battle rules should be added to the game rules, or whether we should wait for the XP battle mode to be integrated as an official mode into the game.
  16. GoldRock

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    'Grats on ranking, rider :p
  17. GoldRock

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Playing on a new laptop now... 60 FPS and a new keyboard really are helpful ^_^
  18. GoldRock

    Should i quit tanki.

    Yes. Well, you asked...
  19. GoldRock

    Best deathmatch turret?

    Twins... That infinite reload definitely comes in handy.
  20. GoldRock

    how many friends do you have

    How to get a Gold Rock. Struggling to find a friend? Wish you could have something to talk to? Then look no further, for here is a step-by-step guide on how to create your very own new best friend, with pictures! 1. Get a Rock. Not to be confused with rock music. 1. Get some Gold paint. Make sure even brush strokes are used to apply the paint for a more awesome result. 1. Paint the Rock Gold. Alternatively, you can use a solid gold nugget "shaped like a seal/goose/dog", available for just $26,332. "It works every time!"
  21. GoldRock

    how many friends do you have

    That sarcasm was pretty obvious with or without an emoticon, lol. The more discerning reader would've seen that :p Anyways, everyone knows that hog's already been defeated: #skitforpresident For the less discerning reader, I may or may not have been entirely serious throughout this post *hint* *hint*
  22. GoldRock

    My YouTube news - I need help!

    ^Very well phrased.
  23. GoldRock

    Rottin's Creativity

    Such an awesome video...
×
×
  • Create New...