Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

GoldRock

Tanker
  • Posts

    6 068
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by GoldRock

  1. GoldRock

    Tanki World Records

    Yeah, between 5 and 5.5 flips for both jumps... Think he thought half a side flip counted as a whole one. Looks like 7 side flips to me... Congrats, looks like that's a new record :p
  2. GoldRock

    Socratic Discussion of Justice

    Try reading the first sentences of both these links: Argumentum ad populum. Argument from age. The age and acclaim of a source makes no difference to reliability or validity, full stop. Maybe it would help if you were an 'ignorant kid' like me, you'd be able to go back to school and learn how sources work. Also, you may find this page useful: Superiority complex.
  3. GoldRock

    Best Username in Tanki

    @Remaine's pretty great, yeah ^_^ My personal favourites in terms of usernames would include: @FederalBureauFBI @MisterGeneral @Xenophobia @DarkOperative @LiquidGold @Deathly_Hallow @AbsoluteZero @already.dead @CorvetteRacingLeMans @SpreadLoveNotHate @Fen-Harel @cheap_plastic_flower @Contaminated @Lhamster List in progress.
  4. How about: "I'm the one who invited @eragon33 to the forums! :wub: "
  5. GoldRock

    What shows do you watch on television?

    Masterchef set in Australia. #toopro
  6. GoldRock

    Your favorite tanki men

    Haha, she's a girl... xD And thanks ^_^
  7. "What's the whole point about playing an online game to earn non-tangible crystals, spend 'em on nothing and attaining all these lame, non-existent 'ranks'?" "Pfft, go and do something constructive with your lives - like memorising textbooks on astrophysics, that's much more fun!"
  8. GoldRock

    What shows do you watch on television?

    Haha, those Aunt Bessie's adverts at the start and end of the breaks... amazing. How on earth can they put you off? Fair point though, got to admit I have switched over to Pointless on more than one occasion because of that xD
  9. GoldRock

    What shows do you watch on television?

    Heh, that's mostly what I watch... Except The Chase over Pointless ^_^
  10. GoldRock

    Socratic Discussion of Justice

    How not to debate... I see those comments as fairly discourteous, and I applaud monkeyburn's polite and light-hearted response. The age or number of supporters of a particular source does not make that source any more valid. In any case, I would personally not respond to your arguments until you learn to set them forth in a respectful manner. But I appreciate the points you're making ^_^
  11. GoldRock

    Tanki World Records

    I looked into this, and obtained a .png version of the image. Apparently, it would seem there are no obvious signs of the crystal amount having been edited... so I think this should be considered a valid record, I guess.
  12. For me anyway, that was always the case... Both are great, but the forum's an awesome aspect of the community.
  13. GoldRock

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Welcome back, crash... Been a while since I last saw you here on the forum :o
  14. GoldRock

    Socratic Discussion of Justice

    Ah, this topic again... Yeah, it was, by quite a bit :lol:
  15. GoldRock

    [GB] British players

    Haha, hog's use of "it's" and "its" in his most recent article managed to annoy Selena, to say the least. Nice going, hog :p
  16. GoldRock

    Good Bye

    Quite a few leaving recently... That's bad to hear, see you >.<
  17. Awesome stuff, a good read. I like how you've shared your opinions on what you might purchase with us, gives us an idea of what's available at that rank.
  18. GoldRock

    Easter Around the World

    A great read, nice answers with some interesting stuff in there.
  19. Hmm, it might be a good idea, actually - I will pass that suggestion onto our Community Manager for consideration and shall give credit for it to you, if you don't mind ^_^ And yeah, I decided to be rather straight with my opinion on this article there. That post wasn't meant to offend though, hopefully it can be seen as constructive (rather than destructive) criticism.
  20. GoldRock

    The end of the Journey.

    A mature way to say farewell, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the manner in which you've done so here. See you, and good luck ^_^
  21. GoldRock

    Tanki World Records

    Stick to official duels, IMO. There would be very little control otherwise, you'd basically be looking at a situation where anyone could break those records by battling in a 1 vs 1 for as long as they like, using whatever they like. Slightly off-topic, but wanted to thank you for your commentary of a recent balancing guide - awesome work, it's been really helpful to a lot of people I know, including myself :P
  22. GoldRock

    Tanki World Records

    I'm pretty sure the battle must've been longer than that, then... So we should stick to 'official' duels and only count 20 minutes ones?
  23. Got to agree with Selena here. I didn't have the time to watch the streams, so I was looking forward to an article like this. Yet all this article did was to tell me what I'd already found out in the forum topics and spreadsheets, and I suspect these were used as the main basis to the article... So after reading this article, I have no idea what happened in the grand final between Scorpions and NooBest, except that the latter won (as announced in Developers' News). I still don't even know the final score... A short commentary on the final, at the very least, would have been more appreciated than no commentary at all. My final thoughts: the article doesn't really showcase any writing ability above the basics, the potential of the author is not shown, and I'm a bit disappointed as a reader of the newspaper.
×
×
  • Create New...