Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

Darren4Turbo

Tanker
  • Posts

    5 988
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by Darren4Turbo

  1. I would like suggesting not to write every user's nickname in every reply he / she does. You can choose white color for the interviewer and normal automatic one for the interviewee. Otherwise, this is an excellent interview, +1.
  2. Darren4Turbo

    [Interview] The Guy Behind The Bomb - TriNitroToIuene

    The Guy Behind the Bomb - TriNitroToIuene Hey Tankers! Today we'll be getting to meet a "pro" reporter, who goes by the name of TriNitroToIuene. He's been a reporter for almost a year now, and has had an impressive career in Tanki Online. So, without keeping any of you waiting, let's find out more about him! Darren4Turbo: Hello, TNT; welcome to this interview! TriNitroToIuene: Hey there, Darren! Pleasure to be interviewed here, thanks for inviting me. Darren4Turbo: First things first - can you tell me a little about yourself? TriNitroToIuene: Sure! I'm Pratyush, and I hail from India - to be more precise, a place called Kochi in the southern part of it. Just like any other fifteen year old, I like gaming, hanging out with friends, and sports like badminton and basketball. In addition to that, I'm a tech geek, and I'm a fanatic when it comes to Physics and Math. I love cars and I want to do something related to Motorsports once I graduate from school. Darren4Turbo: That's one heck of an ambition. Awesome! Coming to this illustrious game, when did you join Tanki Online? did any friend of yours invite you? TriNitroToIuene: Bit tough to remember the date, actually. I joined this game in July 2013, at a time when all my friends played this game. This was in the times of crystal boxes, and before the friends system came out and all - ancient, if I say so. The guy who actually made me join TO was @SiddharthNair123. A quarter of a year later, almost everyone I knew lost interest in the game, and I was the only guy in my friends circle playing it. Quite an eventful beginning, eh? Darren4Turbo: Oh it sure is; kinda reminds me of my entry onto the scene. You've been at this game for almost three years now, and you'll be having a lot of experience with its workings. Therefore, here's the next question -hat's your favorite combo in Tanki Online? and why? TriNitroToIuene: My favorite combo? If you ask me this a month later, it'll probably change, but as of now, it's Hornet/Smoky. I've always loved speed, and smoky is a very versatile turret, good for all ranges. It allows me to get my shots in quickly and affect a lot of damage, and Hornet lets me speed off from the crime scene without overbalancing or catching me short of HP like wasp does. Apart from that, I like Dictator/Twins though, mainly because of its effectiveness in a Polygon CP - the things you can do with it! And, BP ain't bad either, I've been practising for a while with it. Darren4Turbo: Sounds cool! Personally, my favorite combo is the good ol' XP. Now, since you're a newspaper mod, it's only fair that I ask you something about the post. It seems that you've been one for a few months - what made you want to join that position? TriNitroToIuene: It's kind of tough to say, frankly. In my noob days, all I wanted to join the press for was the "mod status", especially due to the fact that rank was no bar for the job; but later, when my writing ability picked up, I saw it as a platform to exhibit my talent. If my memory serves me right, I applied thrice for the position - the first time, I was rejected outright, and the second, I was accepted but later rejected for immaturity. That's when I teamed up with the Unofficial Newspaper, and after that got shut down, I started doing freelance - maybe at the same time as Stratus did. That's what got me noticed, and with the support of @GoldRock and @hogree, @Lhamster finally took my entry seriously and accepted me into the reporter family. Darren4Turbo: And you got accepted with quite a bang, ha ha. As we all know, like any other staff post, being a reporter involves some serious responsibility too. Tell us what the best and worst parts of reporter duty are, according to you. TriNitroToIuene: First of all, I'd like to mention that being a reporter has been one of the most fun things I've done since joining Tanki Online. It is indeed great to be hanging out with other *ahem* intellectual beings. It really hard to mention favorites, or opposite, at that, because the whole job is just so good. Well, if I really had to, and you put me at gunpoint, the best part of the job is the banter that happens in the good ol' Reporter Skype chat - ooh, what fun. However, even beyond that is the joy of writing an article, watching the words flow out of your fingers into the keyboard, and the satisfaction of knowing that those words are going to help the community, or at the very least, keep them entertained. The worst part? Lol this is easy - completing an article at or before the designated deadline. It sometimes comes to a situation where you're confused as to whether you should put it off for next issue or go ahead and complete it. And also, the disappointment when someone says that we've judged our contests unfairly. We do our utmost to make it as even as possible, and although everyone here doesn't think that, it still is a dampener on an otherwise awesome profession. Darren4Turbo: Well, in that case, let it be known that I've always been supportive of the newspaper's decisions, and you make them for our own good. Let's move on, shall we? Recently, from what I've seen and heard, you were given the additional responsibility of overseeing the Amateur Writing section. How's it like working as an Amateur Writing moderator? What do your duties involve? TriNitroToIuene: Hmm, actually, I loved the Amateur Writing idea, and I immediately volunteered to help out because I've had experience of being in writing groups before; I figured I could better connect with the members. Well, it has been pretty interesting as an Amateur Writing 'moderator'. My main duties are to decide whether an article deserves to be approved into the forum or not, and subsequently, approve it myself. Also, we helpers suggest changes to a person's article to make it more professional. Well, a not-so-official duty I have is to listen to others' ideas of articles in draft form and give my suggestions to make the final product better. Highly enjoyable, I'd say! Darren4Turbo: I loved the Amateur Writing idea too! As a participant in the project of course. Well, this interview has been focusing on your professional life far too long. Time to move on to something lighter! What is your favorite hobby? TriNitroToIuene: As I would have mentioned in Fen's topic, my favorite hobbies are playing the piano - well that's more of a passion, now; and quizzing. I enjoy both as they relax me and zest me up respectively, and it's always good for the mind to have such hobbies. I'm not that much into sports, but with a height of 6'2", it's tough not to play any. I personally love playing basketball and badminton. Apart from that, I like doing tech geek stuff, learn languages, do Physics and Math, and yes, playing Tanki! A diverse range of stuff, you think? Darren4Turbo: You are kinda similar to @Night-Sisters - she likes playing the guitar. You can do a pro song together. Well, that's just about all your time I'll be taking. Your last question, what is your message to future reporters? TriNitroToIuene: Ha-ha, just so that you know, Nighty and I have a pretty good repertoire together :lol:. And as for the future reporters part, I'd like to tell everyone to do what they feel interested in doing - just get your priorities right - Get the right balance between that of your own and that of the community's interests. That, along with inbuilt or honed writing talent, is a sure recipe to become a reporter! All the very best from my side to all you hopefuls out there. Darren4Turbo: You're pro k That's some cool advice - I for one, will try following it. And that, TNT, will be all. Thanks for consenting to this interview, it was a pleasure to have you! TriNitroToIuene: Thanks a lot, I had a pretty cool time doing this interview with you. Thank you for having me over, was an honour! Good luck and ta-ta! Thank you for reading this article! As a post-script, I'd just like to thank @TriNitroToIuene for being such an awesome interviewee and for helping out with the formatting, feedback and error-correction ^_^ Thanks to all you guys for being such a wonderful audience!
  3. Darren4Turbo

    Tanki Thinking Challenge

    That's because the quiz is over, but there is always a chance next time ;) I'll quote to you @Issho_Fujitora's post for what concerns time zones: "For what concerns time zones, we can't do anything — this is the international Community, not RU, nor DE, nor PL or such, we keep the International Standard time set to UTC+0 and all our events and contests are run timed accordingly to it, sorry. It will never be possible to comply with all requests and, if we were to change timezones in favour of someone, everyone else not in that timezone would suffer, so we keep the "average / middle" timezone which is UTC+0, for everyone."
  4. Darren4Turbo

    It's Been A Long Time!

    You'll find all of the information and the download link here: http://en.tankiwiki.com/Map_Editor.
  5. Darren4Turbo

    Congratulatory post

    Congratulations to @TriNitroToIuene for ranking up to Major General!
  6. Darren4Turbo

    My ratings didn't get updated!

    It has changed now, check the below picture:
  7. Darren4Turbo

    My ratings didn't get updated!

    Try viewing your profile again after few minutes. Your profile won't change immediately after a second when you changed your equipment or bought something. And as I can see now, it has changed :)
  8. Darren4Turbo

    Tanki Thinking Challenge

    I found all of them in about 10 minutes or more, not sure. This was really harder than the previous ones but still not that very hard. Good luck to all! :)
  9. Darren4Turbo

    The Toilet Paper Army [TPA]

    This club is really inactive compared to the first days of club's creation, and so am I :ph34r:. Come on guys, let's make this club more active and prove that toilet papers will rock the world soon. Also, how about having some kind of weekly toilet paper events?
  10. Darren4Turbo

    What are your favourite seasons?

    Summer, because there is no school. It's warm. The sun sets late. I travel to other countries for a vacation. You can sit on your balcony or any other place you wish to sit with your family and friends. I just think it's fabulous. Winter is also my favorite season, and it's just beautiful. When the countryside is covered with snow, it's just perfectly white, and I think that's amazing. Although I don't like heat, but I love summer. Contact a Forum moderator to change the topic's title.
  11. Darren4Turbo

    Tanki Thinking Challenge

    Congratulations to all the winners! :) Good luck next time to those who failed ;)
  12. Sounds interesting. Congratulations for being promoted, Goldy.
  13. Darren4Turbo

    question

    Yes, it's a new rule. Next time, if you have any questions regarding Tanki Online, please ask them on the Help site: http://help.tankionline.com/. This section is reserved ONLY for Technical issues.
  14. Darren4Turbo

    Tanki Thinking Challenge

    Well, this quiz was actually harder than the previous one, at my opinion. It depends on tankers' game knowledge, and there were more wrong answers than the correct ones. Also, if you play this game since few years, then this quiz might be a piece of cake for you, but if you are playing since a couple of months or weeks, then it might be hard.
  15. Darren4Turbo

    ATTENTION TANKI REDDITORS !

    I guess that social media is small and not very popular so Tanki Online won't be there. Tanki can only have its own social media community in famous social medias such as Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus and has to be created by a member of the staff, I think. Also, your nickname is really brutal and inappropriate there.
  16. Darren4Turbo

    Parkour on Youtube ?

    Please post your creativity work in this section: Your Creativity.
  17. Darren4Turbo

    Let's discuss sports!

    I swim since seven years, and yes, I'm quite good at it. I like swimming alone or with friends, not in a swimming club.
  18. I think that I saw this article somewhere before. Anyway, great article, Marc. Keep up the good work and ignore the haters! ;) Also, you made a little mistake; it's SHAD0W not Shad0w365.
  19. Darren4Turbo

    Let's discuss sports!

    I can swim and play soccer, even though I'm not very good at soccer. My favorite sport is swimming.
  20. Darren4Turbo

    What do you want to be when you grow up?

    I want to be an artist or a photographer. Drawing is my best hobby in which I'm the best in since six or seven years. I mostly draw famous people who live now or people died many years ago, or sometimes even few centuries. Also, photography really interests me after watching some National Geographic movies where photographers take pictures of nature, animals and meanwhile - they also travel and discover a lot of countries which is also considered as fun.
  21. Darren4Turbo

    The Forum's Condition

    I agree with you, Fen. I think that those useless / nonsensical posts not related to a topic, should be removed by a Forum moderator and can be reported by any player so that a Forum moderator can come and remove them. That's just my suggestion.
  22. If you mean that when you quote the article, you see it black, right? that's because we did the article in Google documents and after we've finished, we copy / pasted it to a PM to make font type, size and stuff like that, so I copy / pasted the article again from the PM to create the article in this section.
  23. Darren4Turbo

    D4T's & PDoX's Opinion Column: The Tanki Online Wiki

    Intellectuals debate, others argue. PDoX and I have decided to start our opinion column where we debate about the several trends zooming around in the game. Drugs, drops, turrets, hulls, Gold boxes, several different aspects of the game itself, the Forum, the Wiki, the Help site, you name it. We debate it. Whether it be researching on ‘gold admin plz’, solving the latest Tanki Thinking Challenge, admiring the past looks of Gold boxes or just viewing the history of this awesome game. The Wiki is one of the most staggering places where; when the need arises, all the tankers seek refuge to. So, without further ado - covering each aspect: Grammar: Grammar. One of the most debated aspects of any great book, magazine etc. For instance, look what a comma can do: 1. Let’s eat Grandpa. 2. Let’s eat, Grandpa. Seeing Wiki’s grammar, I think it was written by the more pro people out there. Kudos to you Issho, you got a pro team there. Grammar is very important for every sentence spoken or written from a human’s mouth. It makes it understandable, better and easier to read. For example, if someone said: “I love Tanki cause it tanki pro”. You won’t understand anything, right? So the correct sentence with the correct grammar will be, “I love Tanki because it is pro”. Tanki Online Wiki has a very good grammar, and as PdoX said, I think it was written by the pro people out there. Information: The Wiki beautifully explains each topic and covers every aspect of that topic to the minute detail. The illustrations, the GIFs, the schematic diagrams are amazingly explained. Whenever I had to learn about a certain topic, I just read it carefully and two-to-three minutes later, it all made sense to me. I appreciated the hard work very much of all the Wiki staff. Information about the game is the most important thing needed - that’s why we have the Wiki. In the pages of the Wiki, you can find plenty of info. Product kits… Gold boxes… History of the game, and so on. I think that the current info, provided in the Wiki is fine. I appreciate your work! Pictures: In my brutally honest opinion, the screenshots, the GIFs, the charts, everything basically is mind-boggling. It is very easy to understand and the use of pictures with their respective paragraphs is great. I really liked that Oufa GIF in the Gold box section. Such amazing and impressive skills. Can a Wiki exist with no pictures explaining everything that is written? Of course no. The picture quality in the Wiki seems pretty good. But I’d like it to look like 3D or something like that and more GIFs would be useful too. Quantity: Quantity is basically how much words or lines are taken up in explaining a topic. I have been digging in the Wiki for a while now and it seems be on the ‘perfect’ line! If it were a line more, or a line less, it would ruin the whole, smooth flow of the topic. The quantity used in the Wiki is currently perfect. But, I think the map guides should be a little bit longer with more details. Map Guides: There are about 70-80 maps in Tanki Online. Though only 20-30 guides are there in the Wiki - more are being added everyday - the ones there are though, are incredibly well explained. The use of pictures and GIFs is really impressive. I hope I see all of the map guides in the future! The map guides are very useful indeed, though they are currently lacking greatly. The use of grammar and vocabulary are fine, which means that at the moment, their main focus is improving the map guides. Current Wiki Moderators: - This isn't about criticizing individual mods, we'd like to talk about the good things of each of them. - The current wiki editors: @Issho_Fujitora, @Meliora, , @Reeco9, @Remaine and the new candidate, @Contradiction seem to be a very good team. From here, we'll describe our points of view of each Wiki moderator: Issho_Fujitora Issue_Fujitora! *ahem* Issho is a supportive dude with nice leadership qualities. The best admin I’ve ever met in the game. Friendly, helpful and technically, awesome. Meliora Pro. I don’t know much about her but I guess that she is awesome too. SHAD0W Pro hidden shadow. One of my best friends in Tanki Online. Kind, funny, friendly and funny sometimes. Reeco9 Reeco9 is definitely one of the better people. I have seen his stuff, his edits and they prove to be excellent! A very good mannered and a mature person. Remaine Never talked to this tanker before. Jeez. I don't know much about him, so I won't say my opinion. Contradiction Pro. I met him when he was a Warrant Officer 1 and was not a Reporter yet. He’s a pro. Best of luck for your candidacy, Contraception Contradiction. Unofficial Supporters: I don’t really consider myself an unofficial Wiki Moderator but yeah, I’ll help these guys whenever the need arises. Yeah, what potato box PdoX said. Enjoyed the article? Want us to do more collaborative topics? Suggest another topic for our next Opinion Column! It is us, D4T and PDoX, out.
  24. Darren4Turbo

    What the Future Holds...

    Wait, you're not a human? :O Welcome to planet Earth!
  25. Darren4Turbo

    What the Future Holds...

    Hope you like the article, guys. We spent three weeks on it.
×
×
  • Create New...