Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

Maf

Tanker
  • Posts

    23 629
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    278

Everything posted by Maf

  1. Well, there's our answers guys. I'd say everything is better than expected :D
  2. Well, your normal Hornet M3 is probably 20/20 on that account, so after the update your XT Hornet will be gone and you will have only your normal M3 Hornet with 20/20 upgrades, but you will be able to equip an XT skin on it, similar to how you equip a paint. If you buy any more XTs now, after the update the item will become just a skin that you can equip onto the normal version of that turret/hull.
  3. You have two turrets: Normal and XT. The turrets will be turned into one turret, and the modification and upgrade level of this turret will be equal to the highest modification and upgrade level you had: If you have a 17/20 normal and a 4/20 XT, you will end up with a 17/20 turret (+XT skin for the turret) If you have a 20/20 normal and 0/20 XT, then it will be a 20/20 turret (+XT skin) If you have M1 normal turret and 7/20 M3 XT turret, you will get a 7/20 normal turret (+XT skin) I don't really know how to explain it better. I think at this point it's better if you just wait and see what will happen. Although you don't even have any XTs (at least on this account) so I'm not sure why you're so worried :wacko:
  4. I think in the last Vlog they said that the updates will happen within weeks. I'm expecting the XT merge and Matchmaking to be implemented next week.
  5. Maf

    TO Mobile Test has started!

    Youtubers help promote the new feature and get players to download and use it. Perhaps some people, who have phones but not a PC, will watch the videos and will download the app and start playing the game because of the youtuber's review of the mobile version. New players are always good for the game. Helpers are prioritised because they have already been proven to be responsible and experienced (via background checks), so them having an opportunity to be first people to test the feature is likely to result in more useful feedback compared to random players getting a chance to test it.
  6. That's the other thing I kept trying to say, but didn't figure out a way to phrase it :P
  7. http://en.tankiforum.com/index.php?showtopic=281046&p=6512562 ?
  8. Maf

    ★ Tanki Online Wiki Hub ★

    Yeah, but calculating damage per bullet with 50+ of them hitting enemy tanks every second would cause obvious complications.
  9. I don't see why anyone would want to do that. To me the idea of eventually merging XTs and normal items was pretty obvious from the start, so I never bought XTs for which I already have M4 versions of normal turrets. If you so desperately wanted to have an M4 XT item before this merge happened and got an M4 XT despite having normal M4, then what can I say... Your whole argument rotates around the idea that people paid for the same thing twice, and now this double payment is not being refunded. I understand your logic, but unfortunately for players, that's not how refunds work. Like I said - a refund would make sense if something was actually taken away from players, but in reality all that's happening is that your garage will be neater and easier to use. You still have your M4 normal and M4 XT, while the crystals you spent upgrading both of them are already spent and gone. Don't dwell on that and move on. Precisely. Great way of phrasing it.
  10. Maf

    ★ Tanki Online Wiki Hub ★

    Vulcan deals damage per second, rather than damage per shot, so the "rate of fire" parameter doesn't apply to it.
  11. Wait a minute. You're talking about losing crystals you spent. Dream tanks are a free reward, and after the update they will still have their M4 XT, so they don't lose anything. Again, you don't lose anything. After the update you will still have your normal M4 tank and your XT M4 tank. only now they will be merged into one item so that the garage is easier to use. Your examples are completely irrelevant. What is there to refund? If you wanted to have an M4 XT despite already having a normal M4, then it was your choice to waste crystals on it. You got the M4 XT item early on and you got the chance to use it. And once again, after the update you still have the same M4 XT, so there is no reason to refund anything. I can see why people are asking for refunds when it comes to the module changes, but refunds for the XT merge are total nonsense. I don't know which companies you're talking about, but from personal experience, any company that offers refunds has extremely strict rules regarding that. For example, the item cannot have been damaged/opened/used, you have to have the original receipt, the refund must happen within a certain number of days after purchase, etc. Offering any kind of refund is a very risky move for any business, so they would avoid doing it unless absolutely necessary. And in this case it isn't necessary at all. I will remind you again that after the last time (the only time) when we got massive refunds, the game's economy suffered such a massive decline that the battle funds had to be reduced by 50% for almost a year in order to force people to buy crystals. You can get up to three identical missions per day (i.e. three missions with gold rewards). And for Legends, those Halloween missions gave 12 gold boxes, allowing players to get 36 gold boxes per day for free, with something like 260 total potential free golds. I got around 140 myself, mostly because I had a mission slot taken up by a super misson, so I only did at most 2 per day.
  12. Sorry, I misread that. But I imagine that even with the "squads" feature (or whatever they'll call it), it will be near-impossible to fill a non-PRO battle with just your friends after MM is released.
  13. That's such an old strategy. Why not just wait until you get some free golds from containers and use those? Gold supplies aren't exactly hard to come by nowadays, even for free players. Are you talking about XTs? Developers made it pretty clear that buying XT is a bad idea, hence why they never encouraged their purchase or upgrades with sales and stopped adding new XTs. So if you bought an XT and upgraded it to M4, while already having a standard M4 version of the item in your garage, then you did so at your own risk and there's no reason to give you compensation for the crystals you wasted. Besides, you don't actually lose anything. If you have an M4 XT now, you will still have an M4 XT after the update.
  14. First of all, if you're dropping so many of your own golds, then you're probably buying them, which is revenue for devs. Second, this idea is proposed for non-PRO battles only, since that's where it takes more skill to catch a gold (ignoring the fact that a lot of it is luck).
  15. Well, I did reject previous ideas about replacing the gold box crystal reward with 1000 EXP and adding a whole new type of gold with 1000 EXP, because such ideas are pointless. But since golds are such a big thing in tanki, it kinda makes sense to give some EXP for them as well as crystals. Also, it could potentially solve an issue with players multing in battles to catch golds, so that they would keep gaining crystals while staying at the same rank.
  16. Topic merged Seems like a minor issue, but will report to devs nonetheless.
  17. But... the timer shows 97 seconds waiting time...?
  18. Maf

    Tanki World Records

    Not if you have as many kills as well.
  19. I personally dislike the idea of box collection missions and asked for them to be removed on multiple occasions, so I'm all with you on that one, As for just generic players, who have no interest in the objective or simply join the battle to mess around - I'm not sure what can be done about that. I guess the violations section isn't going anywhere, so you can report such players as a last resort. But ultimately such cases should be quite rare and one such player on your team shouldn't affect the overall team balance too much, since all battles are 10v10. Devs want to give everyone an opportunity to play. So if, for example, it's your first time playing with the mobile version, or you broke your arm and are trying to play with one hand, they don't want you to be banned or auto-kicked for low contribution to the team. But then again, if you know you're not going to be playing to your full potential, you should join a DM battle instead...
  20. Under review Valid We usually don't approve ideas about adding EXP to Gold Box rewards, but this one actually seems quite logical. If EXP for golds is given only on non-PRO battles, then it should be balanced. The only issue is that it will make more people go for gold boxes, which isn't great as it will distract more players from the gameplay objective. But then again, it's only for 20 seconds, so that's fine. Perhaps the EXP could be given only at Legend ranks, as a sort of unique feature for the highest ranked players.
  21. I don't think anyone does, but still I see players complaining about "mults" in almost every normal game. At least after MM is released some of those people will hopefully stop complaining, since it will be clear that the players they refer to as "mults" are actually just bad at the game and aren't purposefully trying to sabotage the team.
  22. Maf

    Tanki World Records

    Even if he did, doesn't really matter for this record since it's kinda ridiculous anyway...
  23. Maf

    Injustice

    List of rules you broke with that topic: - political reference - public criticism of helpers' actions - topic about a specific player - begging in any form (in your case asking for votes) - topic does not generate any kind of discussion Next time if you think that a moderator's decision was unjustified, please contact a forum administrator via PM instead of posting a public topic. Closed.
  24. Maf

    ★ Tanki Online Wiki Hub ★

    If I understand correctly, you're proposing that anyone should be able to edit the current wiki, right? Well, even being an admin of the EN wiki, I can't make that transition on my own, even if I wanted to. Such major proposals first need to go through either the CM or the RU wiki admin (who is also an employee of Alternativa) and then through their superiors. When those guys created the wiki, they made the decision that the wiki will be edited only by a dedicated team of trusted helper, most likely because due to the nature of our community, giving players ability to edit the wiki will do more harm than good. What I mean is, most of the edits made by players will be either intentional trolling/sabotage or spam and pointless/incorrect edits. We would have to check and approve every single one of them, so we would spend longer doing that, than actually making the necessary edits on our own. We are perfectly capable of making edits based on our personal judgement and your requests in this topic (and via the Report button on the wiki), so there is no need to change the current system.
  25. The average eSports player - maybe. But the average normal player is not an eSports player and would not have that many modules.
×
×
  • Create New...