-
Posts
1 492 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by HaloScorpionV2
-
I will most likely replace my Rustle in the future... :( It basically only has 2 protections. But what about my Hohloma? 20% from Freeze, Rico and Smoky ain't bad in the high ranks right? Should I replace this too? Or MU it a bit and keep it?
-
For sure, I push Dictators like theyre nothing.
-
Mars and Inferno both have ~30% Fire protection... -_-
-
No the paint kit sucks. Besides, I wont get half those paints for a long time, since I have Rustle and Hohloma.
-
Depends on what maps you like to play on and/or if you like to play XP. Africa, Clay, Mars, Rock, Savanna OR Africa, Clay, Inferno, Rock, Savanna?
-
Halo's Tiny Tips: Vulcan
HaloScorpionV2 replied to HaloScorpionV2 in Halo's Tiny Tips: Vulcan Archive
NOW UPDATED! Tips: 1. Vulcan isn't as long-range as you may think! Try to engage in mid-range combat! 2. The bullets from Vulcan can sometimes be tricky to see. Adjust your camera so that you can see both the bullets and the enemy. 3. Remember - Vulcan has very good auto-aim! Don't be afraid to shoot at awkward angles! 4. When engaging in short-mid range combat, imagine there is a cone at the tip of your Vulcan - like a dog's cone collar. Try to start shooting when you have your enemy in your sights, not peripherals. If you didn't know, Vulcan doesn't have the greatest turret rotation. 5. Try to flip your enemies with the impact force. a. Try to make your enemies go airborne. On ramps, make your enemies come to you, whether you are at the top or bottom of one, and fire at them when they are in the air. b. Take advange of people using high recoil turrets and light hulls. If you constantly fire at them, and once they fire back at you, their recoil will lift their hull high enough for you to shoot under their hull and flip them. 6. If you are a maniac and "put a brick on your spacebar", try to hide your bullets whenever you can. It's like the Shaft's laser - it will reveal your position. On the other hand, you can "lock down" an area by repeatedly firing. Only a fool will cross infront of your bullets. 7. Freeze is your biggest enemy. The major decrease in your turret rotation when frozen is a nightmare. When attacked, keep shooting! The burning effect from overheating will counteract the freezing. When the Freeze has used up all its energy, then you have the odds in your favor. 8. It is possible to kill some tanks without overheating. However, it is advised to use a Firebird protection paint. As I said above, Freeze is a pain, so a paint with both Firebird and Freeze is best. 9. If you're in close combat, and there is a short ranged turret about to circle you, try to cut off his circling path by backing into a wall. This will only allow the enemy to circle you up to 180 degrees instead of the whole 360 degrees. The best thing to do however, is to pin the enemy. Cornering the tank or pushing him against a wall will allow you to shoot without the enemy circling you. Or if the enemy is near the edge of the map, just push him off. This is best done with tanks with good power/acceleration. Gameplay: Vulcan is a mid-range turret. So, it is best to play mid-field, where you can both defend your base, and attack the enemies', by shooting from a distance. If playing defense, it is best to keep an eye on long and open lines of sight, since that is where your Vulcan will perform at its best. If playing offense, the best path of attack is through, again, long lines of sight. But, instead of being open, it is better for it to be a little narrow. This will minimize possibilty of getting circled, and allow you to shoot without having to turn your turret as much. Hulls: Because of the burn damage after prolonged shooting, it is best to use the medium and heavier hulls. For the heavy hulls, I would choose Titan over Mammoth. The health difference between them is negligible; most importantly, Titan has better speed and acceleration. The speed will help you to maneuver around the map, since location is key for Vulcan, and the acceleration/power will help you to deal with circling enemies, as mentioned above. For the medium hulls, I would choose Dictator as number one. The height will come in very handy because of Vulcan's spectatular auto-aim. Between Hunter and Viking, it depends on you. If you like to traverse around the map, Hunter is better. If you like to have a little more health and less speed, Viking is better. Yay! :D -
Ok I narrowed down my choices for m3 paints: 1. Rock, Africa, Clay, Zeus 2. Rock, Africa, Clay, Inferno, Savanna 3. Rock, Africa, Clay, Inferno, Tiger Option 1. is ideal, but I don't know if buying 3 Gen paints is possible. I want Smoky protection, and if I don't buy Zeus, I will need to invest more by buying an extra paint (options 2. and 3.)... EDIT: I have Fracture, Rustle and Hohloma for paints.
-
I'd rather call it the ejkadsjidsfnjsdf kit (aka gibberish kit) :P
-
Hmm I think Savanna is the better choice...
-
What % of protection from a paint (do you think) provides a noticible difference? Tiger vs Savanna?
-
I looked at the vlog again, and apparently Rail, Rico, Twins and in high ranks, Hammer, are the most common turrets...
-
[Forum Game] would you take above player's nickname
HaloScorpionV2 replied to snipe3000 in Forum Games
Yep. -
Hmm... Maybe I should have bought Centaur when I had the chance... :huh:
-
Yes, the short ranged turrets are more for support for your team when they go in for objectives. Fire with the burn, Freeze with the freeze, and Isida for the healing. They aren't meant for destruction, but they do fairly well at it too. The turrets that are REALLY meant for destruction are the others.
-
What turrets do you think is ok to have duplicate protections for in paints?
-
No you don't. Vulcans can take out most hulls in one charge before heating up. It's the heavier ones you need the paint for really. And DO NOT use Vulcan like Twins; do not fire indefinately unless there is a Freeze and/or Isida on your team. If there isn't, and you need to take out multiple enemies, then you need the paint as well. I personally would go for a better paint than Loam; like Inferno, Taiga, Zeus or Lumberjack.
-
Genius!
-
I'm noticing there's a lot more profanity and discrimination in the game, and I started to play with my chat turned off. I'm sure we all have called someone a "noob" before, but when players take it to the next level, and use swears and racist remarks, that's when I get agitated. Do you play with your chat on or off? What do you do if you see someone is posting offensive things in the chat? Let me know.
-
should I buy 30% or 50% smp?
-
Taiga vs Mars? Rock vs Inferno? Above winners vs each other?
-
I really want to get Vulcan; I hope a kit other than Ejgkhandjsamki will come up
-
Thoughts on Wasp? Taiga?
-
^Uhh ok :mellow: I did some more testing on my nub account, and boy Freeze and Wasp is soo much fun!!! LOVE trolling the other team circling them :D Will add to my shopping list!
-
Is it wise to buy 15% or 50% smp so I will build up cry and get to a higher rank to unlock more stuff for the next sale? I dont know if my m2 garage will last until then tho...
Jump to content



























































