-
Posts
2 130 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Jwimmer
-
My computer is old, and has been getting slower and slower loading web pages and running tanki. My FPS on larger maps rarely stays above 25. So what computer should I get, or should I build one? My minimums: -Run Tanki at 40+ FPS on medium maps -Quickly load websites, and not too long of a delay loading ones heavy with graphics -Be under $400 -Be new- I don't want to risk getting a used computer. -Have a desktop (not a Chromebook) -Windows 7 or 10. Not 8. 7 is preferred, but I think that I can only get it if I build one. I am fine with either a Desktop or a Laptop. I have a school laptop that is easy to carry, so portability does not matter for my personal computer. I am leaning towards a desktop, mainly for the purpose of a separate keyboard. **I will not consider any Toshiba brand computers. I have had a nightmarish run-in with their customer service in the past**
-
How exactly does having The Game going on constitute no Vlog? I don't know if you realize this, but there are quite a few people who either are not interested in, or don't have time for The Game. However, we all would like to see a recap of the event, along with other good Vlog stuff.
-
Alrighty, I am gonna be gone for the rest of the celebrations. Good luck to everyone on getting lots of golds and new equipment. Managed to get 1 more Holiday gold last night, for a sad total of 3, all on my alt.
-
It happened to me too. Unfortunately, Tinypic is not working for me right now, so no pictures. The story: I joined the game, to find a mass of tanks, looking like a gold had just dropped. People were driving away, but I drove over to see the gold mark still on the ground, but no gold falling for the next 20 seconds, and no "player has taken the gold box" Then, chat exploded. Apparently what happened is the gold dropped, but it did not take. Nobody got the 1k cry or anything. Then about 2 minutes later, someone took the gold. According to chat, he found the gold at another drop zone and took it- I've seen both of the times it has glitched for Pedro, and this one seems a wee bit different.
-
I was in a poly cp earlier, and after 3 15 minute rounds, no golds fell. We finally got 2 that fell the last round, and I grabbed the first of those.
-
What time on Sunday are the winners posted?
-
Urban- great for poly CP, I would say that if you perfer those games. Also looks good. Hohloma- All protections around 20, which are pretty low at your rank. However, it is sexy af. Loam- great fire prot, but basically nonexistent other prots. I would say to not get it. Winter- No. Not enough shafts to be worth getting. Rhino- Not a bad paint at all. 2 protections at 30% is good. Works great in Rio and Noise CTFs, and also pretty decent for Poly CP. I would say buy Urban, but also consider Cherry if you have enough crystals.
-
wow this topic is still up? Mods, feel free to close it at any time. My answer to my own question- because they look easier to kill. Thats the reason, nothing much else to it.
-
You didnt turn off golds for the war? Managed to get one. Got very lucky, my friend (the dead titan) had the gold lag through him
-
So you know how some days are just not your days for golds? Well, that day is today for me, and today is the ONLY day out of the ENTIRE event that I will be online... I was in a game, using Dictator, and 3 golds dropped. I missed the first 2 rather embarrasingly, then the third, I was just about to get, then somehow some viking shot up on top of the pile and nabbed it. Idk if it was hacks, but he was not jump hacking. I did not see him touch the box, as it was about to touch me on top of the pile.
-
But the thing is, if you are playing on a medium map, by the time that they get to the base, you have already respawned. Then, it only takes like 3 seconds to pass the flag back over.
-
Other [Issue 53.5] The Best of Amateur Writing
Jwimmer replied to Night-Sisters in Newspaper Archive
Anyways, cool article. Hopefully the AWG will start to get a wider base of readers, along with more writers. -
So if we submit an answer for 1 right now, and leave the other one blank, but later on write a separate submission for the other one, will you still count both of them? Or do they both need to be on the same submission?
-
I will agree, my second example is a bit of a stretch. However, if you drug and get it to your base, then get sniped by a shaft or rail, you deserve to cap it (as long as there is no enemy pressure in your base, then the flag just needs to be capped by someone).
-
looks like its just rio. None of that happening in the polygons I've been playing 1 gold so far. Almost got a second, but was preoccupied with climbing the pile that I forgot to look at my health bar, and I died. My first gold with the little +1000 thing, its pretty cool. I'm turning in for the night, due to prompting from the mother. Lots of druggers on, and they are made stronger by the 2x drops. There was a titan rico in a game against me earlier, and he almost always had a DD and a DA, so we could not kill him. I'm not a fan of 2x drops.
-
Ain't nobody complaining!
-
Nice article, Atlas has been in my long-term plan on my alt so far. Also, you have 30 seconds until the gold starts to drop, and another 15 until it hits the ground, so realistically, you have more like 40 seconds to get to the drop zone. But still your point of using a speed boost stands. I do have 1 suggestion- try to make the article look a bit cleaner. Especially at the top, you have some things centered but not in line, then towards the bottom, your line spacing seems to be a bit different just between different paragraphs. I may just be seeing things though. To fix this, try typing everything out in a pm to yourself. Centering is a bit off between MS Word and the Tanki text editor. Otherwise, keep it up!
-
Decency is defined as "behavior that confirms to accepted standards of morality or respectability". This is something that I have found to be lacking completely from Tanki as of late. Here are some examples, both from game play within the past hour on my alternate account. First, I was playing a game of CTF, and had brought the flag mostly back to the base for a cap, to get sniped by a Railgun. Then, a teammate picked up the flag, and I asked to cap it (as I had done most of the work to get the flag back to base). He proceeded to cap the flag, then, in chat, he said "ty". Thank You????? I don't care if this is a video game or real life, you do not steal something that someone has put work into (in my case, some supplies), then say thank you. That is the epitome of being rude. For the second example, it is pretty much the same story. I was playing in Industrial zone, and using dictator to cap a flag. As you can expect, that needs at least a double armor to cover for the speed of the tank. After killing a Firebird, I ran into a "teammate" head on, who, even though I had the flag, kept driving straight into me, rendering me motionless. Of course, since I was immobile, I got killed. He picked up the flag, I requested to at least cap, and then he capped it. Later, I was about to cap another flag, and he attempted (unsuccessfully) to push me away from capping. It is behavior like this that really has me questioning the integrity of the community. While most people do not partake in these activities, there is still a large portion of people that do this. As I already said, this is not something you, morally, should do in a video game, much less in real life. I have seen increasing amounts of people doing this kind of stuff throughout my year and a half of Tanki. It is also not just limited to this- it can expand to something like being rude in chat, and also to the extreme case of flat out sabotage in battles. To anyone that has read this far, I ask you to expand on this. Provide examples of common behavior that lacks decency, and also provide any solutions or possible solutions to help combat immoral behavior in Tanki. - @Jwimmer
-
There is no way the other team will get any lol. Most of us use dictator, and if we all kill as a team, they wont even get close.
-
I did a double take when I saw the same 2 pictures. Glad to see some new contests coming around!
-
Lol this kid thinks I read his articles
-
That would be nice. Some people would get 100k crystals just from golds lol
-
8th gold of the season. Almost missed this one, because a dictator pinned me up against the building, with so much force that, even though we were paralell, I was moving at about 1/10th of my normal speed. However, I got lucky and went early enough that I had enough time to free myself and get the gold. Took the screen late, thats why nobody is there. I almost got another one in the same battle, but a titan pushed me away from the best jump area (the drop zone right next the point where the little wall is) just before I was going to jump.
-
here is a screen for the middle top one with the arrow here.
-
Is this a 1 time event or is it gonna happen multiple times?
Jump to content



























































