Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

LittleWillie

Tanker
  • Posts

    3 454
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by LittleWillie

  1. LittleWillie

    Let’s celebrate Tanki’s 8th birthday!

    ^^^ Well said Dad ^^^ ""Overdrive is really bad. I do believe it will finish off the game. Don't keep it, at least not for teams. Don't bring it back for teams on future holidays. It really is bad. It really kills competition and any sense of fairness in the game." But I fully expect them to soon announce how since "everyone loves Overdrive" it will soon be a regular feature.
  2. Yep. But they've killed off everything in their player base except the players who like pressing buttons to make the lights flash and sparkle. Shiny! So Overdrive swill soon become permanent I'll wager a Coke on it. Just did my mission minimums. I'd have a good battle be playing and smiling. Then 2 or 3 Overdrive blowouts. Hence the mission minimums.
  3. LittleWillie

    Ideas for Maps!

    The addition of Magnum means all maps should be re-designed with an eye to teh gross distorions to battle this indirect fire weapon has brought to the game. Secondly it woud be nice if Tanki offered a better mix of maps in the basic battle section. The great majority of Tanki maps offer plenty to do with weapons with long sight lines and long fire ranges. There are almost no maps designed to maximize close-in fighting and suddent point-blank encounters. And most of those that do exist are in the Pro section and are never seen in play. Lastly, the announced change to making all basic maps 10 vs 10 battle sizes offers an opportunity to improve the vaiety of maps styles in the basic section. However making them all 10x10 reduces the variety. Which will win out? Well we know the 10x10 part will happen. Will that part about reviewing and making good changes happen? That part is not certain. So my money says the new 10x10 maps will be more similar to each other than deifferent. This is just one of Tanki's many shortcomings. They have scores of maps in stock, but players see only about 30% of them used. It has been months since I have played on Dusseldorf for example. Please do not say "Pro Pass" because 99% of the time all I see are Island, Poly, Noise, Sandbox, and maybe Hill or MMonte Carlo. Well anyway, venting accomplished. We all know nothing will actually be done.
  4. LittleWillie

    Ideas for Maps!

    There are maps for the Pro Pass only right now. many of them. Given how Tanki is constantly inventing new things to sell you 2nd idea might happen. Then the 2,000 of you who will buy anything Tanki tells you to buy can have fun canceling out each others' DD/DA effect. Enjoy!
  5. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    The m2 alteration is useful on larger maps or better put in battles where it's hard to close the range. A 1300 point DD crit across the length of Desert often surprises the target. It is also a bit nice for Get ## Kills missions or DM where big hits seem to play a bot better. But the +impact I use much more than 50% of the time now. It is the ONLY thing that sets Smoky apart these days and one other aspect is nice: No amount of drugging by the other guy helps fend off impact effects. There's little more satisfying in Tanki than killing an enemy with about 10 shots while he is fully drugged and opopping RKs and you are not using any of them. You keep "steering" their tank for them. Doesn't happen that often but it does, Don't miss once. heh.
  6. Thaks for trying to help but I believe you missed my point entirely. I have all the drugs I need to counter the druggers in the game. That is not the point. The point is while I am aplying my concern is what powerups I have active and what my enemy has active. What my concerns SHOULD be as a tank commander is keeping my hull down, observing the battlefield, working maneuver and fire with my team mates, and anticipatng the flow of battle. Tanki players d onot do that. It never crossed your mind to talk about actual tank tactics. You offered me advice on how to use my drugs. My whole point is that is what Tanki really is - it is a game of managing your power-ups. It is not a game of tank tactics. The concept of tactics is entirely foreign to the average tanki player. "Was gold?"
  7. Heh. Remember back when Tanki removed all the Supplies kits from the Garage except the 100 piece Kit? Tanki explained how they were committed to reducing the usage of Supplies in the game. Which of course was a lie. Zeros Supplies and this tripling of the weekly rewards proves. I know many Tanki players are slavishly addicted to Tanki and will put up with anything. But most of us have some pride. I don't accept being lied to. Man up. When you removed the Supplies kits from the Garage state the facts: "We are hoping to boost our revenue stream". I'd respect that. As for the tripling. I am a daily missioner. LittleWillie gets ~20 RF and 60 of each other / week. This will go to 60 / 180. Under the existing system I've still built up 500+ RK and 1200+ of the others. The new system will flood me with so many Supplies I won't be able to use them all if I tried. Great fun! Right? Well let;s think about that. I can use as many drugs as I want. I pop up DA/DD/SU/ I am a monster! I will kill all I see! Well so can everyone else. Everyone else has DA/DD/SU popped. So our tanks fight as though no one has DA/DD active. LOL. SU still works so the tanks drive faster. That's it. All this vast Supplies use ann this pressing of 2 and 3 and on the bottom line it all cancels out. What a stupid, dull, uninteresing system.I do not object to power-ups in the game., I object to the way Tanki has designed these power-ups. The transform a tank-tank combat game into a 1, 2, 3, 4 key pressing contest. The game suffers for it. Players suffer for it. DA/DD overpower things like good tactics and well everything else. A tank with DA/DD up can simply drive up to the enemy's front, park, and blast the un-drugged tank t shreds. No skill, no driving, no thought it needed. So that is how Tanki players play. I have been playing for maybe 10 months now. I've never seen so many bad players in one online game before. So many players are so bad, because Tanki's simplistic drugging mechanics teach players to pop a DD and charge into the fray. I see game after game where tanks spawn and immediately drive over the same exact path towards the enemy. Over and over and over again all the while calling each other "noob" in chat. LOL So triple this source of drugs? Make the game dumber and even less like a game of tank combat? Well go ahead Tanki. Who cares at this point? This is an obvious attempt to retain players over the summer. And I suspect you have to try it. But I don't think it will stop the players bleeding away. Your problem is you are committed to retaining a dull mind-killing supplies system and that makes the game less fun.
  8. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    "Precision Targeting" is a horribly misleading title. "Sitting In One Spot And Milking Magnum's Punk Easy OP Design" works better.
  9. LittleWillie

    Let’s celebrate Tanki’s 8th birthday!

    Me too. The game is unplayable. What a way to showcase your birthdayTanki! LOL. Who is their right mind pays good money for this shoddy product? No, the issue is inept programmers at Tanki Corp. Enjoy Tanki's last summer. No experiment, just more inept programming.
  10. LittleWillie

    Let’s celebrate Tanki’s 8th birthday!

    Yep. Zero Supplies or whatever it is they are calling it is back. Now recall they said they had removed the features that people did not like. Exactly what features were those? The thing works the same. The team winning goes on to a blowout. The game reduces down to waiting until your team has some Zeros ready. CTF turns into Wait For Zero Supply To Recycle. CP turns into Wait For ... well you get it. IOW, Once again Tanki lies to us point blank. It amazes me how many people put up with tir BS. Who paiys these creeps real money to keep lying to us?
  11. LittleWillie

    Let’s celebrate Tanki’s 8th birthday!

    Stop spamming this whine.
  12. LittleWillie

    Let’s celebrate Tanki’s 8th birthday!

    Savage is right. The 50% off MU sale was when the MU process cost 2x the cost of buying the next m-level. A 50% reduction reduced the MU cost to the same as the purchase cost. If I MU some gear all the way to the next m-level,when I rank up I get the new gear at the same cost as buying it. But in the new system and discount at all to the MU process can also turn into a discount on a new piece of upgraded m-level gear. If I MU all the way to 10 during sales, when it comes to trade-in taime I will get my new m-level gear cheaper than if I had bought it outright. And I got to use those MU steps all the time I was ranking up. So a 25% sale on MU steps in this system is actually where it should be. No we do not as we see from the above. The math has changed in the game so players need to change their math. What I expected though was two day s of MU discount. One on the 1st day and one on the last. But whatever any Cry saved on the same is Cry saved. I'll be MUing to 10 sale or no sale.
  13. LittleWillie

    Let’s celebrate Tanki’s 8th birthday!

    Congratulations to Tanki Online for lasting eight years. This is an accomplishment. As for the special features this time around: "While the ZERO Supply mode had some positive points, it also had its disadvantages. We believe that by making these changes to the active and cooldown times of Supplies, we can have a more balanced mechanic that will give you everything that you enjoyed from this feature, without any of the things that you didn’t like." The aspect of ZERO Supply mode I did not like was that it existed. You cannot make it exist and at the same time remove what I find obectionable. When ZERO Supply is in the game 80% of a 15 minute match is waiting for the ZERO Supply feature to recycle so the team has a chance to fight against the other team's ZERO Supply. Tanki is already a game of managing resources. It is not a tank combat game, it is a contest on who can press 1,2,3,4, and 5 the best. With ZERO Supply the game is even more simplistic. Who can press the Shift key the most? This is obviously being done in a desperate attempt to seel more Supplies. Anything to raise revenue because it does not lokk like there with me a 9th birthday to clebrate.
  14. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    Yes I have seen this too. Many magnums are now in the field mixing it up. They don't have to hit the enemy tank. Just anywhere near it. Superb analogy. Correct. it takes some time to learn and remember what angle and power to use to hit Point X/ But once you do Tanki plays like some of the golf games. Just time your "swing" to hit the right point on the arc. Tank combat game, what tank combat game? Hand me my putter. Without severe map re-design putting band-aids on via parameter tweaks is still going to leave the root problem. Off the top of my head, flat roofs over areas ... many more obstructions at height like antennas radio towers, advertising blimps ... stuff that obstruct lobbed shots but make no nevermind to LOS shooters. The (non-Pro) game is already dominated by maps tailor-made for Shafts and other long-range killers. I flat-out refuse to play Lost Temple anymore. There might not be a more boring Shaft-happy map in the game. There are precious few maps designed for the little tank and the short field of fires. Good luck finding a game on one in the non-Pro section. This much is true enough. But overall they have a disproportionate impact on the overall flow of the typical game.
  15. LittleWillie

    Episode 134 of the V-LOG is here

    But this is the only reason to develop your tank, in order to get a leg up on the other guy. Matching exact levels of equipment in each game means you might as well just eliminate the entire concept of upgrades from the game. There is already no incentive to level up in the game. Under this change the only thing to play for would be buying modules and paints.
  16. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    The trouble is Magnum can sit where no one can hit it. Then it fires constantly. Yes a slow rate of fire but one rarely unterupted by enemy fire and respawnings.So now one team has random acts of damage occurring in their area. They either live with this and Magnum ends the game with a k/d over 10. Or, they set up to kill Magnum. Now the team is out to kill Magnum instead of capping flags and CPS. This is so because Magnum can locate in poositions where theycan be defended like a flag. But unlike flags Magnums can hids in extremely defendable locations. Bottome line is: thse maps were designed for line of sight combat not shells lobbed ovcer obstructions. So exploit locatoipns for Magnum are EVERYWHERE.
  17. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    Does not apply to me. [shrug]
  18. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    I see what you did there. ;)
  19. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    Oh Lordy Lordy Lordy I just converted a Titan/Smoky to Shaft. LOL Shaft feels just as OP on the serving-out side of the cannon as it felt on the blowing up side of the thing. My God I just got the thing and still missing many shots and have not yet adapted to the turret / hull "feel" in arcade combat ... Total noob with the thing less than 3 hours played ... but even so I'm leaving a trail of wreckage THis weapon is OP but Shafters should not feel defensive about this as many weapons are OP. They've really stomped on the fun of tank-tank battling with the wave of recent re-balancing/ re-conceptings. Nowadays too many battles are over in 1 or two shots. This is not fun. The idea is you should have a chance to fight back. Getting blown up in one or two shots means there's no battles really, just a series of saw-you-first-so-you-die-not-me. (I speak of the general trend. Of course you still find the fun battle. But you're more likely to find a blowout for one team or the other.) Anyway I've grip-ed that Shaft is OP. If you can't beat 'em....
  20. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Product Kits

    The Atlas kit isn't as OP for it's ank as having an m2 Titan by WO5/3LT or so. This is eantirely possible to do just by playing daily missions and MUing your hull as fat as time and Crystals allow. The new MU system redefines "OP for its level". Thre is no reason now not to just MU all 10 steps long before you rank up to the next m-level.
  21. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    Magnum is a junk weapon that ihas has a negative impact on tanki as a fun game. Tehre's tank about how it tanks so much skill. That's nonsense. I plated with it to test it out. With its massive splash radius you just need to be clsoe. Ahh it's not owrth it to go on. Iti shere, Tanki wil not remove it, so let's just watch Tanki spiral arounfd and anround as it swirls down the drain. RIP.
  22. Yes last week I started looking for a new game. Found many candidates and am playing just one of them now. My time on Tanki is dropping. Was like pulling teeth today to finish just one mission per account. The end is nigh. These days I rarely feel like playing more after missions are done. Not enough to offset the cost of buying that thing. I don't need to farm crystals. I get more CR than I can spend from daily missions. And I am changing witht he times. As the owners make Tanki less fun I play it less. Tanki's owners lie to us all the time. It is one of the major reasons I will never spend money on their game again. I have bought my last Gold Box. In my experience since the pair of +10% bumps to daily missions most missions I get are for over 1,000 Cry each. If not they are in the high hundreds. probably over 80% of my income is from missions not from grinding. I have MU-10 on all my gear, my accounts have over 400 RKs and over 1,000 of the other supplies and am nearing 1,300 in a couple cases. The problem with Tanki is not the free players cannot compete, the problems with Tanki lie elsewhere and are legion in number. There is no profit to listing them as Tanki will not correct them. But i am enjoying watching Tanki squirm in its death throes. We need to get a death pool going" When Will Tanki Perish? :lol:
  23. Yeah I know they are out there and Taanki seems to have more than its shre. But I think Tanki is leaving money on the table. If they priced the more cheaply my guess is they'd sell more. Well not my problem I guess.
  24. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Product Kits

    That's an idea. I know smoky / titan works great.
  25. I agree that Tanki is probably trying to foster a sense of exclusivity with some prices. My angle on that is, that sort of thing does not work well on a purely subjective matter. The best looking paint in the game in your eyes might cost 75k. The best looking paint in the game to me might cost 3k. The matter of taste is even more important when we are talking about real money in the shop. Tanki need to hire some marketing people. In a shrinking player base they concentrate the remaining players on fewer servers.
×
×
  • Create New...