Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. Magnum is currently overpowered, you have that correct. Let me just say that Magnum protection does wonders for your survivability in Legend battles these days. Magnum has been getting constant clean reload time buffs. While they affect each modification, the higher modifications are affected the most. With every change, the M3/4 Magnums get much more powerful compared to the M1/2. The splash damage distribution is worse than gauss' splash damage distribution, just keep that in mind. Gauss deals more splash damage overall than Magnum. Me saying that isn't me saying that Magnum is not overpowered or "not as overpowered as people make it out to be". It clearly is. I main Magnum and Isida on this account. I mostly use Magnum these days. You can take a look at these scores that I got from using it with the Reinforced Gun Carriage alteration (the one that allows it to rotate horizontally) with Hornet. My scores were too high consistently, almost as if it were an infallible META. Of course, in order to be hitting these direct shots, Magnums have to aim, and know what % velocity and at what angle to shoot at a target. With RGC, you no longer have the velocity meter, as well as having another projectile gravitation to get used to. So basically, with enough practise, you can know how long to charge up to hit particular enemies in particular positions. Magnum rewards the players who practise. But after these past few buff, it rewards anyone at this point. You may not do as well as the skilled Magnum players, but you'd still be doing well. I hope this reply satisfies you. It is best to buy magnum protection as soon as possible (if it's really that much of a nuisance for you), or you can wait it out to see if it gets nerfed in the next balance change (which I hope it will).
  2. TheCongoSpider

    September challenge

    Now, some of you may be asking, what is @ALEX22THEBEST's recipe for success. Well, I'm not so sure. For one, he utilises his Overdrives in the best situations. He knows when to avoid attacking and when to engage. He makes good use of the Corrosive Mix alteration for Freeze. All of that...with a Brutus Drone. Could the Brutus Drone be part of the key to his/her success? Perhaps.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    This will be best used with your Viking. Its low stature allows most of your shots to directly hit and not go over the target's head. With RGC, you'd have to get used to the new projectile gravitation (assuming that you are accustomed with the vertical Magnums' projectile gravitations). Start with 100% velocity shots. This is the maximum distance you can achieve with a shot. Once you get accustomed to that, start scaling down the velocities and see where each shot hits. Keep in mind that there is no velocity meter to show you what % it is at when charging. the only things you have to go off of is your gut (after many, many hours of playing RGC Magnum), and the ammo bar draining down. You've seen me play with it, and incorporating all of that will ensure maximum efficiency. Magnum protection is a must, or at least a high priority if you're going to be playing with Magnum. This was me back in a previous sale. I had M2 Smoky with Incendiary Rounds and I was unsure whether or not to buy M3 Smoky. Looking at the statistics, M2 Smoky is very close to M3 Smoky, to the point where the increase in statistics wasn't worth the price. If you're going to buy M3 Smoky, you'd need to upgrade it as fast as possible. I have trouble doing well with Smoky at the moment and it's M3 5/20. Only if you think you can handle it. Works well with Titan as the stability helps with the poor tracking when under fire. Gauss with Viking's Overdrive is really great when you're not interrupted. A part of me was considering buying Railgun and LCR for it to see how well that does at M3 vs M4s. I would say that EA"S" goes more well with Hornet's Overdrive than Viking's Overdrive - for one, Stock Railgun deals more damage than it. If you plan to use that with Viking, don't expect to get those sextuple kills like LCR Railguns get, especially if they have protection against you, which is another reason it is better with Hornet. LCR would be better with Viking's Overdrive. And you can also get the added bonus of one-shotting a few light hulls from full HP, without double damage. Twins just isn't for me. I have no say in this one. Perhaps. With that, you'd strike back at the Shafts you oh so hate. But with that, you'd also become the one thing you swore to destroy. You're not going to destroy full HP M3 medium hulls with 2 shots, so remember than you need all 3 shots to kill them. The penalty on the energy recovery rate becomes more lenient the further you go up in modifications. At M3, you're looking at a 6.45-second reload after a sniping shot or 3 consecutive arcade shots. Your sniping shot will only kill light hulls. A few upgrades will allow you to one-shot M4 light hulls. A few more upgrades would nullify the defense boost given by the light hulls' drones.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Just wait until the protection modules eventually kick in.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    Yes, the 2nd dome increases the healing per second, but the % protection stays at 85%, no matter how many domes are placed.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    The Integrity Of Alterations

    It looks like you misinterpreted (or ignored, most likely the former) what I convey as "losing its integrity". Electromagnetic Accelerator Scout is like Large Calibre Rounds on the line spectrum. It takes effort for it to actually become better than Stock Railgun. And by effort, I mean optimal situations in combat.There are some scenarios where Stock Railgun would win in combat while EA"S" would lose those same interactions. With "DH"C, there is no effort needed. It is inherently better than Stock Railgun. So LCR and "EA"S" get multiple chances to be stronger than Stock Railgun, while "DH"C is stronger than Railgun. The amplification is the easiest part of Magnum. You just hold spacebar and let go at the right %. What ties into that and makes it hard is the projectile gravitation, as well as the angle at which your Magnum is situated at. With enough practice, you can just go with your gut, stop it at a particular velocity and send a shot at an enemy and it'll hit or come close to hitting. You'd have the projectile gravitation ingrained in your mind and you will predict where the shot will land, given the angle in which the Magnum is pointing.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    Oh heck yeah, I remember this. My first Kill_the_Propaganda bought the Krakatoa kit, liked Vulcan with Mammoth, and fully upgraded the impact force after seeing what I did to enemies' hulls. I kept Wasps and Hornets on their toes when they came up ramps and I remember a specific Aleksandrovsk battle where I just kept flipping the Wasps and Hornets that were jumping up the ramp in the red base. This was a few months before the change from separate micro-upgrades to integrated micro-upgrades. Good times.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    The Integrity Of Alterations

    Nah, my Hornet cannot survive without my Falcon module. Electromagnetic Accelerator "Scout" Railguns already one-shot my Hornet. I'll try some battles like that in the future but I gotta stay alive since my Hornet is closer to M3 than it is to M4.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    According to Maf, it is planned to be nerfed, so maybe try the cheaper alternative - Small Calibre Charging Machine. Just note than Stock Thunder does more damage with your Viking's Overdrive than SCCM. And maybe upgrade your Viking once.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    The Integrity Of Alterations

    Explain a bit further on this. What about it makes you think it's a bad turret? The comparison with "DH"C is to its Stock counterpart, not the other alterations.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I must test this again to make sure. As far as I've seen, most turrets gain a 50% damage boost when using double damage with Viking's Overdrive, and not a 100% boost. To expand on what XxStriker said, (from what I've seen) it also increases your cone angle by a little bit and extends your range by a bit. It's definitely not 2x range. I'd estimate it to be a 30-40% range increase, similar to Firebird and Freeze's increase. It is deadly, yes, but make sure to use it when enemies aren't one behind the other. It's best to attack from the side if you want to maximise the Overdrive. Also, I'm not sure if you saw it in action before, but while Firebird and Freeze gain a larger stream of napalm and freon respectively, Isida with Viking's Overdrive adds extra beams over the first one. It looks like this.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Shot Effects!

    Haven't seen it but I can picture it. I want that black shot effect for my Magnum.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    So you get high scores with that combination as well, huh? Interesting.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    Depends on the game mode. The most that I've gotten (that I can remember) was 7 and it was in this battle, from capturing ASl flags, to killing enemies and generating assists. And that was with a Driver Drone at 2/20 upgrades. If the battle is drawn out long enough and one team is not spawnkilling but dominating in general, the Dictator could potentially get 12-14 if it has a max-levelled Driver Drone.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    TANKOINS - New Currency!

    Use Railgun and that number will increase.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    You do affect their performance, as they could have killed you and then moved onto someone else, but instead, they miss out on killing you because you had protection against them. The more kills they get, the faster their Overdrives charge. Remember that.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    I memorised them as well. It wasn't hard (for me) tbh. The only one I forgot from time to time before was Ricochet's module name. Which I then remembered because I picture lions as yellow. Back when you could have bought double and triple modules, their animal names correspond to what range turrets they protect from. Fox was used mostly for close-range while Eagle and Griffin were used for long range. I think Kodiak was for a mix of medium and long range. Knowing those allowed me to transfer them to their singular turret names. Try to visualise the colour of the turret icon as the animal it represents, or maybe correspond the animal it represent to the turret's design itself. That should help with memorising them.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    PSA: Tanki X is shutting down in 2020

    Loot Boxes? You mean surprise mechanics?
  19. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    What? Replace Dictators with Vikings and you have many of my battles. 3-4 Dictators on a team is optimal. Anything after that is potential diminishing returns. Dictator kits some of the best early M2 kits you can get. It can get you M2 Railgun, Vulcan, Gauss, Ricochet and Thunder early. And Dictator is the cheapest of the medium hulls. I always saw Dictator as the least popular medium hull The number of Vikings and Hunters throughout the years were much more than the number of Dictators I saw. Looking at it at face value, it is the slowest medium hull, as well as the easiest to hit. I'm wondering what exactly about it you think makes it overpowered. If you say that it's its Overdrive, well it benefits its teammates more than it benefits itself.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    It really depends on which you are more comfortable with, and to a less extent, the hull you use. In terms of the statistics, Striker would be a better pick. Why? Gauss has an early unlock rank at M2. In accordance to that, it has a small change in parameters from M1 to M2. So basically, if you buy Gauss, you'd be buying something that is relatively underpowered for your rank. In order to get the most out of Gauss, you'd need to upgrade it a lot. 5 upgrades should be enough for you to feel comfortable. Striker will take some getting used to with its accumulating projectile speed. You have 3 alterations for Striker available at your rank for your choosing. If you are not ok with using Stock Striker, feel free to peek at the alterations' effects to see which one suits you best. You can also look at Youtube videos to see how they play in practice and not just on paper. Like HBTY said, Gauss is cheap, so you'd have some crystals left over to upgrade it a few times. I'd suggest you try them out on a lower-ranked account and see which one you like better. But if anything, I'd say Gauss. Its RNG allows you to be a great asset to your battles, even if it's only M2.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Thunder!

    Can you please explain this a bit more clearly? I understand your frustration with the first part, but I don't quite understand what you're talking about in the second part.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Team Deathmatch Rewards/Scoring

    Deducting score if you are killed would probably guarantee that blownout teams will receive 0 stars in total.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Silliest Thing You've Done in Tanki

    ALT + 0223 That's what I use to write it. ß
  24. Ah yes, the blessing/curse of poor hull diversity in a team. A team with a little bit of everything can respond to more situations faster and/or more efficiently. A team with the majority of members being one hull can either be troublesome for the team or beneficial, as I've seen often. I usually see many in the entire battle. They have the slowest charge rate of all Overdrives, but packs a hefty punch if left uninterrupted. What happens after 3 minutes of battling? Constant Viking Overdrives, which can result in spawnkilling for one team if they got the upper hand on their Vikings' effectiveness. I've seen it backfire as well, where Titans would have their dome ready by the time the Vikings have their Overdrives ready and it is effectively tanked. They would use them all at once instead of one at a time and waste potential. From experience (in Legend battles and/or Lieutenant battles), teams with: 4 or more Hornets: Generally win as my team got to see where the enemies were for most of the entire battle, as wlel as them ingoring any protections they have and one-shotting them with Railguns and Magnums. 4 or more Wasps: Generally lose. I have seen multiple Wasps on one team win because they were able to sneak away quickly with the enemy flag but that's about it. 4 or more Hunters: Generally win, but only in small and medium-sized maps. They suffered more on large maps like Magistral and Highway. 4 or more Vikings: Generally win. It is a frequent occurrence for me to see more than 8 Vikings in the entire battle. Multiple Viking Overdrives means turning the tides on the domination of the battle, as well as initiating spawnkilling. The times where it loses are usually against many Titans. 4 or more Dictators: I explained this better somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. Found it. Basically, it has the potential to devastating or detrimental. As the more Dictators you have in your team, the less likely your 50% Overdrive charge would be granted onto other allies. Or, if the Dictators choose to use it on the 3 non-Dictator Hulls, those 3 hulls will have many Overdrives during the battle. 4 or more Titans: Generally lose. I've seen teams like this play more defensively than offensively.On the other hand, I've witnessed a few times where multiple Titans storm the enemy base, put down a dome and give the flag to a medium or light hull. And they keep replacing each dome until they're killed. 4 or more Mammoths: Generally lose. I've seen them play mainly defensive with this. It's only when there is an Isida healing them, they would go on the offensive. I would expect the MM system to have the first filter be ranks and then GS. I doubt it takes into consideration the hulls.And because we have a choice in what hulls we can use, it may technically be possible to have an entire battle filled with one hull. It's one way to nerf it. Vulcan damage, on top of afterburn damage was insane and you'd have to be a madman to go out in the open if one of that is firing at you. They could have decreased the damage by maybe 40 or 50% and kept the other Vulcans the same. You weren't gaining anything when overheating with the other Vulcans. This is good, they had their 6 months of fame. Just imagine if they didn't change it 3 days after it was released. You'd have tanks heating to maximum temperature after ~1.25 seconds of being shot at, instead of the 5 seconds we have currently. It was nerfed and their numbers plummeted, just like it was expected to. Was the nerf too much? Maybe, but it's definitely an "ease up" from what it was pre-nerf.
×
×
  • Create New...