Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. Its defining gimmick is that it can heal allies. If you want to heal, you have Support Nanobots which halves its DPS.
  2. They announce events the day before.
  3. That nerf is hardly going to affect you.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Challenges

    We said that for what has been happening since late 2021. SO FAR, it has been going in the order of turret ranges. No one said they will be continuing to follow that specific order after the 15rh turret was reached. We will see what happens from here.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Challenges

    It's been going in the order of turrets. Shaft AP was expected.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Drones!

  7. FINALLY. After almost 4 years of constant complaints, you finally revert that non-sensical nerf to it. You didn't give numbers so here's to hoping it's an actual buff and not some tiny buff that makes it almost the same as it is now. ?
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Wow, the Gauss augments are really embarrassingly weak.

    You're right. They ARE embarrassingly weak, and have been ever since they nerfed the range of status application and nerfed Gauss' sniping and arcade damage. I suggest we remove the sniping damage penalty entirely. That should bring it up to standard with the god tier augment that is called Adrenaline Gauss.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    Figured you might bring hat up when I noticed the typo. If you look at it for consistency, I used the correct conjugation for Electroturret, which is a blanket term for 5 of Tesla's augments. Minus-Field is a blanket term for 3 of Tesla's augments and I used the -s there, so ultimately it should be seen that I am following in the steps of the first example. Minus-Field's ball speed is the same as Stock, relatively slow. You have to be at melee range for it to be applied consistently on the target, in which case, Acceleration Protocol exists for its pseudo-Electurret properties. I also did mention that it is used for defense in quite a lot of maps.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    Again: Notice the -s? Shocking Lightning and Exothermic Lightning are varients of the Minus-Field augment. I said the same thing for Electroturrets.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    Are you going to hide and wait 20 seconds for your repair kit to come back while your current boosted armour, damage or speed boost supply durations run out if you're using a Stock turret? Adrenaline is simply the Stock turret with bonus damage when your HP goes down, which it naturally will. There is no grand revelation to be had here. You play Adrenaline the same way you'd play a Stock turret, mostly. Most of the good augments are locked behind containers so you must make due with what you have in the garage. Some turrets have garage augments on par with or better than container augments. As I mentioned before, Tesla's augments change its general gameplay rather than main paramater changes like the other turrets. Electroturret augments make you unable to efficiently shoot around corners but allow you to launch a ball lightning towards an enemy out of your range, or apply a debilitating status effect to them which is useful to have in 1 v 1s. Acceleration Protocol allows you to follow your ball and extend your range against retreating targets, as well as acting as a pseudo-Electurret at melee range. Minus-Field augments allows you to ricochet your balls off of walls. Do with that what you will. A lot of players use it for defense on many maps. Dilatory Protocol takes a while to properly set up but the area around you becomes a trap for enemies coming towards objectives. Adrenaline is Stock with a damage boost depending on your remaining HP. For the garage augments, Adrenaline and Acceleration Protocol are the ones that are worth their price in a sale.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    How would you like to see it buffed?
  13. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    That is the point. Tesla's augments alter its general gameplay rather than its existing crucial parameters. If you want to be able to follow your retreating target whilst extending your range, Acceleration Protocol is there. If you want to be able to ricochet your ball lightnings off of walls, Minus-Field is there. If you want to be the most efficient at hitting enemies outside of your LOS in a limited area, Stock/Adrenaline is there. To answer your question, Acceleration Protocol and Adrenaline are Tesla augments worth purchasing during a sale. After the latest Tesla nerf, Acceleration Protocol's power dropped a bit and now Adrenaline is a great choice next to it for general gameplay.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Container Valuation Spreadsheet

    I decided I'd sacrifice some Tankoins for future BPs and open a large-ish sample of Coinboxes from the St. Patrick's Day event, so that I and others can have an idea of what to expect from them. if there is a profitable bundle-purchasing event next week that has a price just over what I can afford, I will be pissed but in the end, I made the choice to do this, unlike the last time where I had practically no choice. The sample was 700 Coinboxes in total. Rarity drop rate: Intra-rarity drop rates: Common: Uncommon: Rare: Epic: Legendary: Here was the 30k crystals received. For those that would like to purchase Coinboxes to "try your luck", you can use this finding as extra discouragement.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Is maxed Armadillo really worth a slot of protection?

    I would love to see what kind of endgame battles you're being put into. Here is one I just did. I'm using Thunder Crusader with the Engineer drone which all things considered, is a Brutus-tier drone for supply cooldowns and raw power. The battle starts, and one minute later. Two players on the enemy team swap to Thunder protection. 30 seconds later, another player swaps to Thunder protection. 3 minutes later, another player swaps to Thunder protection. Agit was Freeze Hornet, and changed to Hammer Hornet at the end. They had a Striker Mammoth Defender user join lateish into the battle. And you know what happened? To swapped to Magnum Viking. Killsurge on the enemy team was Vulcan Viking and swapped to Plasma Torch Ricochet Viking. Here is the final result. These things happen in almost every single battle I play. So I'm really curious as to what battles you're being put into where next to no one is changing their equipment or at the very least, their modules.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Magnum Crit Damage

    Critical damage is a special damage that ignores damage drop-off (if this paramater is present on the turret) and protection modules that protection against that specific turret. Magnum is a splash damage turret, and as such, has a critical splash damage radius. With a normal splash damage distribution, you will have damage drop-off away from ground zero. Critical splash damage allows you to deal 100% of the damage within a particular range. For example, Magnum has a critical splash radius of 7 metres, and a normal splash damage distribution of 2, 5, 20 - 100, 50, 5. Meaning a target 2 metres away from ground zero will receive 100% of total damage, 5 metres away will receive 50% of total damage and 20 metres away will receive 5% of total damage. A target at 5 metres normally will take 50% of damage, but if it is a critical hit, that target will receive 100% of damage because the critical slash radius extends up to 7m. Magnum's critical damage multiplier is x1. So yes, its critical damage is the same number as its normal damage stated in the garage.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Is maxed Armadillo really worth a slot of protection?

    ...what? ? By "easy* battles, I am referring to battles where enemies do not change their combos or protection modules. A "harder" battle in this case would be enemies changing their equipment to counter you.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Container Valuation Spreadsheet

    I opened my 3,000th container the other week and after that, I've recorded each reward O got for the next 500 containers. I'm giving the overall drop rates instead of both the individual reward and overall. Common: 55% Uncommon: 30.6% Rare: 9.4% Epic: 4.8% Legendary: 0.2% As you can see, I'm quite unlucky with Legendaries. It's currently at around 0.54%, which is what the previous drop rate was. Doubling that drop rate clearly did not improve anything for me. ?
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Is maxed Armadillo really worth a slot of protection?

    They have been switching to Thunder protection against me because I happen to be one of the players on the team that pose a threat to their swift domination alongside the more dangerous weapons, and looking at it from their perspective, I can't blame them.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    St. Patrick's Day

    Since the container update in January, I've recorded a total of 1,106 Ultra Containers so far. Here are the rewards from them: Outcome: Drop Rates: With each passing event, it does not seem to be getting better. ?
  21. TheCongoSpider

    St. Patrick's Day

    With the special missions, I've opened 287 UCs in total, here's what I got this time: Outcome: Drop Rates: I have finally obtained a legendary reward after almost 750 Ultra Containers, but what is even better, I have gotten a whopping 2 more common rewards. My common reward drop rate continues to be more than twice as high as my legendary drop rate. And my exotic drop rate continues to be non-existent for another event. The commons:
  22. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    Those hours were from 2018 - early 2021. I haven't properly used Magnum in over a year for a number of reasons. If you are ever planning to use a turret without an augment, consider investing in Adrenaline. Putting it succinctly, Magnum is not in the best of states right now. It would be wise not to Iinvest in it for the time being.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Is maxed Armadillo really worth a slot of protection?

    You're playing some rather easy battles.
×
×
  • Create New...