-
Posts
2 379 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
166
Everything posted by theFiringHand
-
Actually, there ARE 48 hours of double battle funds between 02:00 UTC on May 8th, and 02:00 on May 10th :)
-
I'll take note and forward to the marketing department. I can't promise anything obviously, but it's something they might consider for the future.
-
I'll forward your suggestion to our designer for next time. And once again, I apologize to anyone who found the graphic misleading.
-
Thank you @ELIZABETH1122, you make a very valid point. These discounts and increased battle funds are a gift we give you occasionally. We are under absolutely no obligation to run these sales and discounts. We do it because it makes it a little bit easier for everyone to get the equipment they want, and obviously because it gets people to play more. Yes, it increases sales, but it also drops our "profit margin". Personally, when I'm given a gift, I appreciate it for what it is; I never push it back into the person's face and get mad at him for not buying me something better. I'm not saying you should be happy with 25% discount. That said, it's still a pretty good deal. We've slashed off 1/4th of the price on all equipment, plus the discount stacks with other discounts, which can build up to a pretty sweet deal. If you don't want to buy anything, that's perfectly ok and I can accept that. But please, let's keep things in perspective :)
-
I apologize if you find the graphic misleading. What that means is that the paints sale is from 2:00am UTC on Monday 2nd, till 2:00am UTC on Tuesday 3rd — that's 24hrs. Same goes for the other sales.
-
I don't see how a discount —no matter how small— can be useless. I understand you would've liked a bigger discount, but to say that this is useless isn't quite fair. After all, if we gave you 90% off, it still wouldn't have been as good as 95% off. So I think it's only fair to put things into perspective. That's unfortunate. However, you need to appreciate that for players who hadn't MUd their equipment before, it was a pretty good deal. Really, it's impossible to please everyone at every given time. Of course we try our best, but the fastest road to failure is to try to please everyone. I think you're missing the point that sales also affect items with existing discounts. Again, how is 25% discount "scraps"? Sure, there have been bigger discounts in the past, but when we're slaying 1/4th of the price on all the equipment, I can't see how you can say that is bad.
-
We just had a discount on MUs and speed-ups, remember? We can't discount everything every month, otherwise it won't make any sense :)
-
Actually only the first couple of days are 1.25X battle funds. Then it goes up to 1.5X for a couple of days, then 1.75X for a couple of more days, then again 2X for two more days. That means there are increased battle funds for 9 days, which is a lot better than just having 2 days in total, especially for those who can't afford to spend 48 hours non-stop in the game. Unfortunately, we can't have 50% off every time. I think players play Tanki Online because they enjoy the game and community, not because there are XX% discounts. I understand that you want bigger discounts, but the statement doesn't really make much sense. We'll get increased value Golds soon, just not this time :) Ehm... actually it was neither Semyon nor myself who decided what the discounts and holiday bonuses would be :)
-
Discounts always build up on top of each other.
-
Episode 90 of the V-LOG is here
theFiringHand replied to theFiringHand in Episode 90 of the V-LOG is here VLOG archive
Tankers! In this week’s episode of the V-LOG, we’ll be telling you about the goodies we have planned for the May holidays. We also have a brand new section for the V-LOG, and another set of tips from an experienced tanker. Check out episode 90 right here. Question of the Week Video of the Week Submissions Lifehacks Submissions Form- 82 replies
-
- 28
-
-
May Holidays are here!
theFiringHand replied to theFiringHand in May Holidays are here! News Archive
Tankers! May Holidays are here with nine full days of celebrations, goodies and discounts till 02:00 UTC on May 10. Increased Battle Funds First of all, battle funds will be increasing every day till they get to 2X as follows: May 1st to May 3rd — 1.25X Battle Funds May 4th and May 5 — 1.5X Battle Funds May 6 and May 7 — 1.75X Battle Funds May 8 and May 9 — 2X Battle Funds Bonuses and Discounts Of course, there can’t be a proper celebration without bonuses and discounts. So: From 02:00 UTC on May 1 till 02:00 UTC on May 2 — 25% bonus on all crystal purchases From 02:00 UTC on May 2 till 02:00 UTC on May 3 — 25% off paints From 02:00 UTC on May 3 till 02:00 UTC on May 4 — 25% off hulls From 02:00 UTC on May 4 till 02:00 UTC on May 5 — 25% off turrets Holiday-themed Goodies Additionally, all through the holidays we’ve got a full collection of holiday goodies, including a special holiday-themed paint, flags and billboards. And let’s not forget the holiday in-game gifts to help you share the festive spirit with your fellow tankers. There are 3 gifts that you can share throughout the festivities. Flag bearer Gold box hunter Skiller And 2 more gifts available exclusively during the final two days, from 02:00 UTC on May 8 till 02:00 UTC on May 10. Ribbon Medal So, mark your calendars for May 1st and get ready for 9 days of celebrations! See you in the game.- 311 replies
-
- 72
-
-
She's got a spectacular voice. Already answered this earlier. Already answered this earlier. They're working on it. See above.
-
Pro Battles have that feature Possibly. It remains to be seen. As I said earlier, I want to cater more for the Arabic community. Whether there will be a dedicated server and localization remains to be seen. For now, I'll do my best to provide for this community (and other sub-communities) as best I can with the tools I have at my disposal. Soon. Yes. It's the least we can do to reward their efforts. Not necessarily Here: http://en.tankiforum.com/index.php?showforum=107 huh? There are a number of reasons for that. As I explained earlier, this is not the place to discuss the issue of currencies and global economy.
-
It's not just that. The situation with the Ruble is not exactly pleasant. But these matters should not be discussed here. As I said earlier, I want to start with some of the things that the community seems to be missing the most, and that is regular events, eSports tournaments, and parkour events. But the overall "vision" I have is that of making this community a pleasant and welcoming place to be. And that goes beyond organizing events. It's more about instilling a sense of belonging, and a sense of respect towards each other. It's about stopping this attitude of entitlement that I see in some (a real minority mind you) players, and making everyone understand that we are all guests here, and that we should behave as such. For instance, I wouldn't dare come to your house, kick your cat, insult your children and say your food is disgusting. You'd kick me out within seconds and I would TOTALLY deserve it! And yet, I see a handful of players here taking that exact attitude, shouting "I KNOW MY RIGHTS, I KNOW MY RIGHTS". Yes, players have rights, but they also have obligations. These obligations include being respectful at all times towards everyone in here. And no, just because someone has been disrespectful towards me, doesn't mean I should be disrespectful back. Two wrongs do not make a right. This little "vision" of mine is a long way ahead, but if I manage to get at least half way there before I retire of old age, I'll be super happy :D I'd love to. I still need to start getting into the logistics of that. The reason things have been a little slow over the past two weeks, is that I'm still finding my footing here, and there's a lot of stuff I need to sort out. It would be a nice feature to have. Never heard of it Yep Never had the good fortune of visiting it. But when I think of India I think of lots of bright colors, culture and super-tasty food. The series with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. I love what they're doing with the contemporary theme and the on-screen graphics to represent Sherlock's thought processes. I guess programmers will be creating more missions in the future. No idea Where did you even get that idea? Maybe you should ask them Depends on the season We don't have mountains here You should probably ask him. My partner isn't Russian, but she looks like it Yep I'm guessing programmers know about it and are working on it :) Programmers are constantly monitoring game parameters to make sure no weapon or hull is overpowered. IF Firebird is overpowered, I'm sure programmers will get around to fixing it. FB reads lots of books. It's already nerd :D . Ok, I know I know, you mean "nerf". I just answered your question above. He left. He works in another company now.
-
Why should we do them for Premium only? Yeah, I'm even more convinced that it was a good idea. Tired? No. Just disappointed that it's taking me so long to answer people's questions because unfortunately I've got a ton of other things to do. Nope, it's not a joke. Although as you said I lose out on the pay for some words, I still retain the perception that the base rate remains unchanged. It's quite a weird concept to grasp, but there are many studies that support this approach. I'd quote a couple, but it's outside the scope of this AMA. Honestly, I don't know why you're raising this issue. It's like someone with a regular car racing against a Ferrari and complaining about the race being biased towards the Ferrari owner. The truth is, people who buy crystals inevitably get them faster, and that DOES give them an advantage. It's not the game's fault. It's not even anybody's fault really! I'm not saying you should buy crystals. Just play the game at your own pace and have fun. If you wanna buy crystals, go ahead. If you don't want to buy crystals, you can still get to the Generalissimo rank at your own pace. Nobody's forcing anything down anyone's throat. And it's not fair to resent buyers just because they decided to spend money on a game they enjoy. You're welcome :) Actually, have you had a look at the exchange rate for Rubles lately? I suggest you do that before throwing out a statement like that.
-
It's pronounced "Sedrik", with the accent on the first syllable. Check here: https://translate.google.com/#en/ru/Cedric and click the speech button. No idea No idea Will try :) Because as I said earlier, what's most important is attitude and desire to be of service. You're welcome As I said, it's more about attitude. No idea I've already answered all of these questions earlier in the thread.
-
What you need to become a helper is a good attitude and a desire to help. No idea No idea No idea No idea Probably not. I believe the project was abandoned. But I'm not 100% sure on that. No idea Huh?? You can already do that with existing software This was answered in the last V-LOG (ep 89) No idea I doubt they'll be coming back Yes. It's called "Go play a battle" :P Please post this in the Ideas and Suggestions Forum Actually that's my in-game nickname. In the forum, I use my actual name so that people know who they're communicating with. You can use skype for this. And I'm sure there are other kinds of software that players use for this. You should ask around the forum.
-
No idea. Maybe. Lol, yeah maybe I'll do that. And if I do, I promise I'll add the bloopers too :D Can't disclose anything about May sale yet. Nope, he's camera shy ;) Already answered this.
-
That's a question for the programmers :) See the answer of the guy below. I've got a limited edition Fender P-Bass (4 strings), a Peavey Grind (6 strings) and a custom made bass called an NS/Stick with 8 strings and a half-fretted neck. If you google it you can probably find a pic or two, maybe even of my model. Thanks for the good luck! :) Nobody knows him in person, because he's a disembodied entity who drives his battle machine with mind waves... no, just kidding. Because they are all-awesome?
-
For news on Tanki X, your best bet is to follow the Tanki X Dev’s Diary. Episode #2 has just come out and you can watch it right here. If I told you, it wouldn't be a mystery, right? First I need to figure out what the French players need :) I don't have an answer to that question for now. As I and many others have said many times before (also in this thread), there is no official answer to that question yet. For news on Tanki X, your best bet is to follow the Tanki X Dev’s Diary. Episode #2 has just come out and you can watch it right here. You're welcome :) No idea about Smoky XT. For your other question see below.
-
Please contact tech support on help@tankionline.com If there's demand for it, we can probably work something out. Let's start the basic events going first. I've got a team of helpers working on it right now and I'm hoping to start the events really soon. Then we'll go according to demand. I assure you the devs are painfully aware of the situation and are doing their best to fix it Already answered earlier The best I can tell you is to report the hacking issues to the Violations team when they happen. As for lags, as I said before, the devs are doing their best. Yep Already answered earlier Seems to make sense... B)
-
It's probably because of the space between my first and last name. But don't quote me on that cos I'm not sure :unsure: I've been here as lead CM for 3 weeks now, going on 4. And the reality is that, whether the numbers are decreasing, increasing, or even staying the same, that's not where my focus as community manager (or your focus as players) should be. My focus is on taking what we have right now and making it better. Also, it's good to keep in mind that correlation is not causation... :D For news on Tanki X, your best bet is to follow the Tanki X Dev’s Diary. Episode #2 has just come out and you can watch it right here. Already answered earlier Already answered earlier
-
The guy's name is Alex. Really fun guy to work with too. Please post this in the Ideas and Suggestions Forum The truth is that it really is impossible to get back to everyone. There's also the fact that most people give us absolutely no reason to want to recruit them. Being a helper is about wanting to help make the community a better place. But that's not why most people want to become helpers. I think it's no good to speculate at this point. And I honestly do not have an answer to this question. You best bet is to keep following the game's development on social media and youtube. We'll all know soon enough what kind of model TX will adopt. Dude, seriously, not to pick on you, but please have the decency of using proper punctuation and capitalization in your posts. I've honestly tried to understand your post but my eyes glaze over half way through it. You want answers? I'll be more than happy to give them to you. But help me understand what it is you're trying to say, because there are 10+ pages of questions waiting for me to answer, and I can't afford to wreck my brain over one that's poorly written. Sorry.
-
Depends. Sometimes I speak with them much. Other days, I spend all day discussing things with them. I have no idea. Please check with support. See above I have no idea. I don't involve myself in the prices of crystal packages and payment methods. Because it's the beginning of the weekend, so it's the perfect time for you to relax and enjoy it. Not really. I'm answering all of the questions in the order they came in. You might have noticed there are a lot of pages of questions, and it's pretty hard to keep up with all the other work I have. It would be really nice if you could be a little more considerate. And no, it's not ok for anyone to abuse their position, in the same way as it is not ok for certain players to be abusive towards others, be they players or staff members.
-
I don't even have the time to play daily. I play a couple of hours per week maximum, if I even manage. Essentially, you can say I manage the EN team. But it's hard to really put a finger on what I do. Already answered Already answered Already answered Unsuccessful applicants are usually not contacted because we get flooded with applications, so it would be very time consuming to get back to everyone. I personally get a ton of requests every single day via pm asking me for moderator status or spectator mode. As for the actual process, I'll probably be revising that. But, all in due time. I don't deal with the process directly.
Jump to content










































































