Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

Parkour Survival 2019


Goges
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good luck to the survivors in this last Parkour Survival Challenge, for this year! ?

 

Spoiler

The challenge seems, a bit, uh..easy.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, the tasks are all done, everything is going well. 
But... 
Can We see how all challenges are performed by the Organizers (video conquests)!? Having M3-4 garage, including Wasp and Hornet. 
Just interesting to see how it all did "Professionals" who know a lot about parkour. 
These videos can be shown after the end of the final. 
Just from the sky the same tricks are not taken!? ?
Don't want to say what a difficult job or something, just want to see how You did it...

Hope, ignore not d observe ?

P.S. excuse me for my French ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tou said:

Okay, the tasks are all done, everything is going well. 
But... 
Can We see how all challenges are performed by the Organizers (video conquests)!? Having M3-4 garage, including Wasp and Hornet. 
Just interesting to see how it all did "Professionals" who know a lot about parkour. 
These videos can be shown after the end of the final. 
Just from the sky the same tricks are not taken!? ?
Don't want to say what a difficult job or something, just want to see how You did it...

Hope, ignore not d observe ?

P.S. excuse me for my French ?

We have been testing this trick for over 5 hours with wasp M0 and M4. After trying a lot of different ways, we (professionals?) have concluded that it is possible. 

Let us make a video about how we did it should not make that big of a difference. It will be a huge time waste for us. As I said, it's possible with M4 wasp. 

And who said that the last challenge is going to be easy? ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, I.Legend.I said:

We have been testing this trick for over 5 hours with wasp M0 and M4. After trying a lot of different ways, we (professionals?) have concluded that it is possible. 

Let us make a video about how we did it should not make that big of a difference. It will be a huge time waste for us. As I said, it's possible with M4 wasp. 

And who said that the last challenge is going to be easy? ?

And who at all complains, that hard so!?  ?
Yes, it's a waste of time, well, as an option You should have considered that We can ask to present a video with the conquest of the organizers, no matter what it was a challenge 1 or 6, the fact remains ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tou said:

And who at all complains, that hard so!?  ?
Yes, it's a waste of time, well, as an option You should have considered that We can ask to present a video with the conquest of the organizers, no matter what it was a challenge 1 or 6, the fact remains ?

You want to see us doing it because you don't believe that it is possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, I.Legend.I said:

You want to see us doing it because you don't believe that it is possible?

It's not about this "believe it or not" game, it's about me wanting to see you do all the tasks.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Tou said:

It's not about this "believe it or not" game, it's about me wanting to see you do all the tasks.
 

I don't see the point of doing the tricks by ourselves. We, organizers, are making the challenges. We don't do them by ourselves to show the participants how we did it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, I.Legend.I said:

I don't see the point of doing the tricks by ourselves. We, organizers, are making the challenges. We don't do them by ourselves to show the participants how we did it. 

Imagine that team newcomers which has passed until 3 phase and eliminated, asked questions “and as!?” 
they, for example, do not have friends who could show the video or show how to do it, and here you are at the end of each challenge you show your version of how you performed this task.
Would that be a bad thing? you still do the job, and why is it so difficult it's all at least 1 successful attempt to record on video and show!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, I.Legend.I said:

I don't see the point of doing the tricks by ourselves. We, organizers, are making the challenges. We don't do them by ourselves to show the participants how we did it. 

When the competition is over, I would like to see your conquest last challenge with the wasp m3 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guard said:

When the competition is over, I would like to see your conquest last challenge with the wasp m3 ?

 

3 hours ago, Tou said:

It's not about this "believe it or not" game, it's about me wanting to see you do all the tasks.
 

Simply, We don't want to and we don't have to ? . We tested the trick, found that it's possible to be done by m0 and M4 wasp. We aren't a parkour club. We create challenges for you to do them. You are not forced but rather invited. But thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, iFrosTiger said:

 

Simply, We don't want to and we don't have to ? . We tested the trick, found that it's possible to be done by m0 and M4 wasp. We aren't a parkour club. We create challenges for you to do them. You are not forced but rather invited. But thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Enough for me to know the name of the team, which was able to conquer with the wasp m3 ?

with m0-m1 - easy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, it's not practical to land all the challenges if they only choose the next challenge just a few days before it is published. When I organized Parkour Survival 2017 I chose most challenges based on things I've done in the past so I already knew how hard every challenge is going to be and what solutions are possible. For example in that challenge where helpers were on roofs of houses and not allowed to touch the ground, I came up with like 10 different solutions and correctly predicted the 2 most popular ones (ramp on these small blocks, and splash jump with magnums and hammers). Even the sign challenge was chosen based on experience, I've landed on signs before and on even harder places (like antenna) so I knew exactly how hard it is, and that there are smart solutions like landing on a tank that stands on the sign, having a helper lean on the sign in handstand and shoot the jumper up when he falls towards the helper, etc. At least 3 teams out of the 7 survivors thought of these ideas (as opposed to later contests which left no room for smarter solutions), you can see 2 of their videos in the spoiler:

 

 

 

My point is that I was able to get away with little to no testing for most of the challenges thanks to past experience with all of them (except for challenge 8 which was made in a rush and ended up being easy). When coming up with a new concept for a challenge, one that I don't have experience with (like challenge 8 - jumping around a corner in Skyscrapers), then no matter how experienced I am with parkour, I still can't always make a reliable prediction about it's outcome, and if I had more time I would have tested it more thoroughly. My mistake was that I didn't expect to go beyond my own experience with the challenges I made, so I got myself stuck in a situation of not having enough time to test my next ideas and make them have the right level of difficulty.

 

The contest organizers say they tested the challenges, and yet most challenges ended up being too easy. I don't know how much experience they had with doing things like in these challenges, but what I learn from this is that either:

1. judging the difficulty of challenges is harder for people who didn't have the kinda experience I had with leading a parkour club that takes on extremely hard challenges and needs to decide what's doable within a reasonable amount of time and what isn't, or;

2. the organizers didn't test their challenges properly (and by that I mean only proving that the challenge is doable by jumping high or far enough but without actually landing it), which only proves that the challenge is either very easy if they can get it "almost done" so quickly, or in case of a difficult landing (like on a sign) that more testing is needed because they tested the easy part (reaching the target) and not the hard part (balancing on it) which is not enough information to know how difficult the challenge is.

 

Another problem is in making challenges that are supposed to be easy but significantly harder compared to the previous challenge, it's hard to judge their difficulty if you know that all the early challenges will be easy for you as an experienced parkourist, so testing in that case is useless. What helped me overcome this problem is thinking about what kinds of skills are NOT enough to solve the challenge. If all the skills that people used in the previous challenge are also enough for the next challenge idea, then it's probably too easy. One of the things I did in the early challenges is making sure that the tricks and concepts people used to solve the previous challenge are impossible or not allowed.

 

My suggestions for future contests:

1. Plan ahead - prepare many challenges ahead of time, don't wait until there is only a week left to choose the next challenge because then you might not have enough time to test the next challenge, and definitely not multiple challenge ideas you need to choose from.

2. Reduce useful/usable skills - especially for early challenges, focus on increasing the amount of skills that are not enough to complete the challenge, including skills used in previous challenges. If the same skills can be used again, the difficulty is most likely the same. Also make sure to not go back to easier skills (even if you didn't challenge them) after you already challenged harder skills (like your precise landing challenge is nice but not for such a late stage).

3. Test the hard challenges properly - either complete the full challenge with landing or get a good estimate of how difficult the hardest part is.

 

Whoever is the contests admin nowadays, I recommend you to keep all the feedback, suggestions and conclusions from this contest so they can be taken into account next time. This contest really needs some improvements to the challenges.

Edited by SwiftSmoky
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, SwiftSmoky said:

To be honest, it's not practical to land all the challenges if they only choose the next challenge just a few days before it is published. When I organized Parkour Survival 2017 I chose most challenges based on things I've done in the past so I already knew how hard every challenge is going to be and what solutions are possible. For example in that challenge where helpers were on roofs of houses and not allowed to touch the ground, I came up with like 10 different solutions and correctly predicted the 2 most popular ones (ramp on these small blocks, and splash jump with magnums and hammers). Even the sign challenge was chosen based on experience, I've landed on signs before and on even harder places (like antenna) so I knew exactly how hard it is, and that there are smart solutions like landing on a tank that stands on the sign, having a helper lean on the sign in handstand and shoot the jumper up when he falls towards the helper, etc. At least 3 teams out of the 7 survivors thought of these ideas (as opposed to later contests which left no room for smarter solutions), you can see 2 of their videos in the spoiler:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

My point is that I was able to get away with little to no testing for most of the challenges thanks to past experience with all of them (except for challenge 8 which was made in a rush and ended up being easy). When coming up with a new concept for a challenge, one that I don't have experience with (like challenge 8 - jumping around a corner in Skyscrapers), then no matter how experienced I am with parkour, I still can't always make a reliable prediction about it's outcome, and if I had more time I would have tested it more thoroughly. My mistake was that I didn't expect to go beyond my own experience with the challenges I made, so I got myself stuck in a situation of not having enough time to test my next ideas and make them have the right level of difficulty.

 

The contest organizers say they tested the challenges, and yet most challenges ended up being too easy. I don't know how much experience they had with doing things like in these challenges, but what I learn from this is that either:

1. judging the difficulty of challenges is harder for people who didn't have the kinda experience I had with leading a parkour club that takes on extremely hard challenges and needs to decide what's doable within a reasonable amount of time and what isn't, or;

2. the organizers didn't test their challenges properly (and by that I mean only proving that the challenge is doable by jumping high or far enough but without actually landing it), which only proves that the challenge is either very easy if they can get it "almost done" so quickly, or in case of a difficult landing (like on a sign) that more testing is needed because they tested the easy part (reaching the target) and not the hard part (balancing on it) which is not enough information to know how difficult the challenge is.

 

Another problem is in making challenges that are supposed to be easy but significantly harder compared to the previous challenge, it's hard to judge their difficulty if you know that all the early challenges will be easy for you as an experienced parkourist, so testing in that case is useless. What helped me overcome this problem is thinking about what kinds of skills are NOT enough to solve the challenge. If all the skills that people used in the previous challenge are also enough for the next challenge idea, then it's probably too easy. One of the things I did in the early challenges is making sure that the tricks and concepts people used to solve the previous challenge are impossible or not allowed.

 

My suggestions for future contests:

1. Plan ahead - prepare many challenges ahead of time, don't wait until there is only a week left to choose the next challenge because then you might not have enough time to test the next challenge, and definitely not multiple challenge ideas you need to choose from.

2. Reduce useful/usable skills - especially for early challenges, focus on increasing the amount of skills that are not enough to complete the challenge, including skills used in previous challenges. If the same skills can be used again, the difficulty is most likely the same. Also make sure to not go back to easier skills (even if you didn't challenge them) after you already challenged harder skills (like your precise landing challenge is nice but not for such a late stage).

3. Test the hard challenges properly - either complete the full challenge with landing or get a good estimate of how difficult the hardest part is.

 

Whoever is the contests admin nowadays, I recommend you to keep all the feedback, suggestions and conclusions from this contest so they can be taken into account next time. This contest really needs some improvements to the challenges.

Thanks for your feedback. The thing is, the current organizers are all new to this "scene". It's our first big contest. It was my first parkour contest where I was helping with the organizing. I know by myself that things could have been better. For example that a specific challenge is easier/harder than the other one. This is something we will have a better look at in the upcoming parkour contests. I really appreciate your feedback and we will improve it in the next contests. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, I.Legend.I said:

Thanks for your feedback. The thing is, the current organizers are all new to this "scene". It's our first big contest. It was my first parkour contest where I was helping with the organizing. I know by myself that things could have been better. For example that a specific challenge is easier/harder than the other one. This is something we will have a better look at in the upcoming parkour contests. I really appreciate your feedback and we will improve it in the next contests. 

Yeah PS is a tough contest to start from. The reason I address the contest organizers admin is that helpers always come and go, and with them goes the knowledge unless someone makes sure it will be saved for the next organizers, and it's good even just to make sure nothing is forgotten after a whole year between this and the next PS contest.

Good luck in your next contests!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SwiftSmoky said:

To be honest, it's not practical to land all the challenges if they only choose the next challenge just a few days before it is published. When I organized Parkour Survival 2017 I chose most challenges based on things I've done in the past so I already knew how hard every challenge is going to be and what solutions are possible. For example in that challenge where helpers were on roofs of houses and not allowed to touch the ground, I came up with like 10 different solutions and correctly predicted the 2 most popular ones (ramp on these small blocks, and splash jump with magnums and hammers). Even the sign challenge was chosen based on experience, I've landed on signs before and on even harder places (like antenna) so I knew exactly how hard it is, and that there are smart solutions like landing on a tank that stands on the sign, having a helper lean on the sign in handstand and shoot the jumper up when he falls towards the helper, etc. At least 3 teams out of the 7 survivors thought of these ideas (as opposed to later contests which left no room for smarter solutions), you can see 2 of their videos in the spoiler:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

My point is that I was able to get away with little to no testing for most of the challenges thanks to past experience with all of them (except for challenge 8 which was made in a rush and ended up being easy). When coming up with a new concept for a challenge, one that I don't have experience with (like challenge 8 - jumping around a corner in Skyscrapers), then no matter how experienced I am with parkour, I still can't always make a reliable prediction about it's outcome, and if I had more time I would have tested it more thoroughly. My mistake was that I didn't expect to go beyond my own experience with the challenges I made, so I got myself stuck in a situation of not having enough time to test my next ideas and make them have the right level of difficulty.

 

The contest organizers say they tested the challenges, and yet most challenges ended up being too easy. I don't know how much experience they had with doing things like in these challenges, but what I learn from this is that either:

1. judging the difficulty of challenges is harder for people who didn't have the kinda experience I had with leading a parkour club that takes on extremely hard challenges and needs to decide what's doable within a reasonable amount of time and what isn't, or;

2. the organizers didn't test their challenges properly (and by that I mean only proving that the challenge is doable by jumping high or far enough but without actually landing it), which only proves that the challenge is either very easy if they can get it "almost done" so quickly, or in case of a difficult landing (like on a sign) that more testing is needed because they tested the easy part (reaching the target) and not the hard part (balancing on it) which is not enough information to know how difficult the challenge is.

 

Another problem is in making challenges that are supposed to be easy but significantly harder compared to the previous challenge, it's hard to judge their difficulty if you know that all the early challenges will be easy for you as an experienced parkourist, so testing in that case is useless. What helped me overcome this problem is thinking about what kinds of skills are NOT enough to solve the challenge. If all the skills that people used in the previous challenge are also enough for the next challenge idea, then it's probably too easy. One of the things I did in the early challenges is making sure that the tricks and concepts people used to solve the previous challenge are impossible or not allowed.

 

My suggestions for future contests:

1. Plan ahead - prepare many challenges ahead of time, don't wait until there is only a week left to choose the next challenge because then you might not have enough time to test the next challenge, and definitely not multiple challenge ideas you need to choose from.

2. Reduce useful/usable skills - especially for early challenges, focus on increasing the amount of skills that are not enough to complete the challenge, including skills used in previous challenges. If the same skills can be used again, the difficulty is most likely the same. Also make sure to not go back to easier skills (even if you didn't challenge them) after you already challenged harder skills (like your precise landing challenge is nice but not for such a late stage).

3. Test the hard challenges properly - either complete the full challenge with landing or get a good estimate of how difficult the hardest part is.

 

Whoever is the contests admin nowadays, I recommend you to keep all the feedback, suggestions and conclusions from this contest so they can be taken into account next time. This contest really needs some improvements to the challenges.

Sorry Swifty, but I am not going to read your 6 paragraph essay... ?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...