Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

Parkour Survival 2019


Goges
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can you make it the last challenge anyways? I want to wear Blaze paint for once...  :ph34r:

Goges be like at the moment:

2kvdsg.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take back the positivity I expressed for this organization earlier this month. The improvements you made in the spreadsheets are great, but the most important thing was neglected: the challenges. At first I thought it was because coming up with good challenges is hard, but then I realized that the challenges are focused on the wrong aspects of parkour, the organizers don't know the ideas behind the creation of this contest and what made it a success in the first time. The main factor in determining the difficulty of challenges this year so far was the size of the jump and the amount of tanks available to perform the jump. Just getting enough power for the jump doesn't require much skill nor creativity, just strong equipment, which means that without very precise difficulty assessment and fine tuning (which didn't happen) almost everyone is guaranteed to pass the challenge.

 

Then it got worse: even when I brought this to the attention of the organizers (or at least one of them, I don't know how much of it he forwarded to the rest) along with some other advice and even suggestions for challenges, I was told that my involvement is unwanted. Almost everything I told the organizer was ignored. The more resources you use, the more likely you are to get a better result, and in this case I was a valuable and free resource.

 

If you look at the number of players failing the challenges, you'll see that only 2 challenges so far made a significant amount of players drop out of the contest, compare it to the results of 2017 to see an example of how it should be.

 

Since feedback is often treated as insults in this forum unless it's sugar-coated: please take a moment to think about it with your logic and not your emotions, the only reason I write it is to bring positive change, not to insult anyone.

 

I wrote a guide about choosing challenges for the contest, if the organizers will decide together that they want my advice I will send it to them (privately, because it contains examples of challenge ideas).

 

And just so you guys know, the sign challenge (which I recommended the organizers not to do, but they still did, and double...) was never intended to test people's ability to land on narrow surfaces (or in other words, the amount of time they are willing to spend on it until they get lucky enough to land), I was hoping people will use creative solutions to land faster. The sign challenge was a failure and I strongly recommend not using it in future contests.

Edited by SwiftSmoky
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SwiftSmoky said:
 

I take back the positivity I expressed for this organization earlier this month. The improvements you made in the spreadsheets are great, but the most important thing was neglected: the challenges. At first I thought it was because coming up with good challenges is hard, but then I realized that the challenges are focused on the wrong aspects of parkour, the organizers don't know the ideas behind the creation of this contest and what made it a success in the first time. The main factor in determining the difficulty of challenges this year so far was the size of the jump and the amount of tanks available to perform the jump. Just getting enough power for the jump doesn't require much skill nor creativity, just strong equipment, which means that without very precise difficulty assessment and fine tuning (which didn't happen) almost everyone is guaranteed to pass the challenge.

 

Then it got worse: even when I brought this to the attention of the organizers (or at least one of them, I don't know how much of it he forwarded to the rest) along with some other advice and even suggestions for challenges, I was told that my involvement is unwanted. Almost everything I told the organizer was ignored. The more resources you use, the more likely you are to get a better result, and in this case I was a valuable and free resource.

 

If you look at the number of players failing the challenges, you'll see that only 2 challenges so far made a significant amount of players drop out of the contest, compare it to the results of 2017 to see an example of how it should be.

 

Since feedback is often treated as insults in this forum unless it's sugar-coated: please take a moment to think about it with your logic and not your emotions, the only reason I write it is to bring positive change, not to insult anyone.

 

I wrote a guide about choosing challenges for the contest, if the organizers will decide together that they want my advice I will send it to them (privately, because it contains examples of challenge ideas).

 

And just so you guys know, the sign challenge (which I recommended the organizers not to do, but they still did, and double...) was never intended to test people's ability to land on narrow surfaces (or in other words, the amount of time they are willing to spend on it until they get lucky enough to land), I was hoping people will use creative solutions to land faster. The sign challenge was a failure and I strongly recommend not using it in future contests.

Totally agree, This year contest is not about parkour at all, it's completely based on luck or what you have in the garage.

Edited by Leur
Kindly use spoiler when quoting long text.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh and by the way the probability of landing on 2 signs at once is extremely low, I think it was a mistake that could lead to having 0 survivors, or very few that survived by luck and don't necessarily deserve to win more than other teams. I could be wrong about this because this jump is shorter than previous sign challenges and I didn't play for a year so I might be judging the difficulty wrong, but here's an explanation of why I think it's so unlikely to complete this challenge:

 

Imagine that the probability to land on one sign is 10% every attempt (which is usually written as 0.1 out of 1 in math), the probability of landing on 2 signs at once is 0.1 x 0.1 = 0.01 (which is 1%) every attempt. So assuming players in both sides of the trick learned how to be so good at the jump that they land once in every 10 attempts on average (which for the previous sign challenges is very impressive and I doubt anyone reached a level of this high probability of success, except maybe the team that put a helper on the sign) then to land on 2 signs at once they will need 100 attempts on average.

In reality there is no fixed probability like that, at least not for a while because players get better over time at performing their role in the trick, and because they might improve the trick a few times until they reach the one or few best versions they can think of and either switch between them or use the one version they are most confident in. This means that the probability to land starts from approximately 0 and then increases over time, but there is a limit where this increase almost completely stops, and if at this point you'll see that the players don't manage to land on one sign at least once in 10 attempts, then you can expect it will take them too long to complete the challenge. In many tricks the probability can reach a full 100% or some very high number pretty quickly, but when it comes to landing on signs I doubt people will manage to get a high probability of success at all.

 

I hope this works out better than I expect.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoiler

 

 

9 hours ago, SwiftSmoky said:

oh and by the way the probability of landing on 2 signs at once is extremely low, I think it was a mistake that could lead to having 0 survivors, or very few that survived by luck and don't necessarily deserve to win more than other teams. I could be wrong about this because this jump is shorter than previous sign challenges and I didn't play for a year so I might be judging the difficulty wrong, but here's an explanation of why I think it's so unlikely to complete this challenge:

 

Imagine that the probability to land on one sign is 10% every attempt (which is usually written as 0.1 out of 1 in math), the probability of landing on 2 signs at once is 0.1 x 0.1 = 0.01 (which is 1%) every attempt. So assuming players in both sides of the trick learned how to be so good at the jump that they land once in every 10 attempts on average (which for the previous sign challenges is very impressive and I doubt anyone reached a level of this high probability of success, except maybe the team that put a helper on the sign) then to land on 2 signs at once they will need 100 attempts on average.

In reality there is no fixed probability like that, at least not for a while because players get better over time at performing their role in the trick, and because they might improve the trick a few times until they reach the one or few best versions they can think of and either switch between them or use the one version they are most confident in. This means that the probability to land starts from approximately 0 and then increases over time, but there is a limit where this increase almost completely stops, and if at this point you'll see that the players don't manage to land on one sign at least once in 10 attempts, then you can expect it will take them too long to complete the challenge. In many tricks the probability can reach a full 100% or some very high number pretty quickly, but when it comes to landing on signs I doubt people will manage to get a high probability of success at all.

 

I hope this works out better than I expect.

 

 

I usually disagree with most things Swift says about parkour contests, but he is right. It's not based on skill at the moment. At the moment it's more based on pure luck + a decent garage.

Also besides the fun factor I saw no real reason to take part, I believe most in here spend more drugs than they would get back, the crystals are enough for around 1 step in MU and the paint, well we will lose it and no one really knows when this will happen ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with swiftsmoky in every word.you imagine a situation that no one will succeed but individual groups will win without any talent with 100% luck, think what will happen to the people with a lot of skill but without luck if they will  lose ?
I've spent 200 minutes with my teammates to know it's not going well.
In my opinion you will replace Parkour because you will not have many winners.

Edited by Vegas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/28/2019 at 8:14 PM, SwiftSmoky said:

 

 

On 11/28/2019 at 9:15 PM, TheMakMan said:

 

 

16 hours ago, SwiftSmoky said:

 

 

6 hours ago, Torben_BoS said:

 

 

2 hours ago, Vegas said:

 

Thanks for the feedback. We are taking it into consideration. 
Kind regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Announcement!

We have received some feedback about this challenge, and we went a little bit to far. That's why we made this challenge more possible. We changed some rules. Check the challenge 6 post for more details.

We also decided to give you a little bit more time for this challenge. The challenge will be expended with 48 hours! 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, I.Legend.I said:

Announcement!

We have received some feedback about this challenge, and we went a little bit to far. That's why we made this challenge more possible. We changed some rules. Check the challenge 6 post for more details.

Did you ever test the newer trick? ?

There is no possible way of making it, especially with Helpers not being allowed to touch Jumpers...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vegas said:

there is no Chance to do this PS Number 6# without to touch someoen 

Few teams have already done it. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Past said:

Few teams have already done it. 

Sure, teams completed it. ???

As evident because, 5 hours after this statement, NO teams are listed as completed on the spreadsheet! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and my teammates have been trying for 450 minutes and can't succeed without touching the tank it is not possible to do we have wasp m0 and that said it is not possible, at the beginning of the parkour I had 900 lives and now I have 390 life *The Prize* that you give us will not help anyways

Edited by Vegas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr.Nibbles said:

Sure, teams completed it. ???

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

As evident because, 5 hours after this statement, NO teams are listed as completed on the spreadsheet! ?

 

 

That does not mean there are not teams who already completed it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...