-
Posts
23 629 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
278
Everything posted by Maf
-
We're not the violations section. We can accept edits such as the chat being blurred out. But yes, this screenshot with profanity will not be accepted.
-
You will still have your protections, but they will be split up into separate components. There will be no crystal refunds, but you will get compensation in the form of batteries if you have modules with duplicate protections. You will be able to make any combination of three protections (from the ones you own), but you won't be able to make quad modules anymore.
-
In that case the end result might be even better than what I predicted, which is good news.
-
You keep the highest protection from each turret. So if the 22% is your highest Thunder protection, then that's what you'll have after the update. If you also have any Thunder modules with smaller protection, they will be turned into batteries.
-
Protection modules stay. They are simply being converted to a new, more flexible system.
-
They said "we will convert old modules into new modules" and "all old modules including LGC modules will be removed". Put two and two together and you get "All modules, including LGC, will be removed and converted into new modules, with the duplicate protections being turned into batteries".
-
I'd prefer to call it common sense. But officially I don't have any additional information other than what was said in the V-log. However, i did watch the Russian V-log also, and in there the wording makes it very clear that LGC modules will also be converted into new modules and batteries.
-
valid Give battle mods ability to rewatch battle
Maf replied to sensei_tanker in Ideas and Suggestions
Topic merged -
To be honest, I found the Twins and Railgun thing quite annoying also. Railgun is OK, I actually like the fact that they reduced damage and reload time as it allows you to hit more targets (i.e. one missed shot has less impact on your overall performance). But with twins it's worse. Everyone realises that Twins without either of the two alterations is bad. The splash damage has tiny range and rarely actually helps deal damage to multiple enemies, while the self-damage drawback from it is massive. Increasing the projectile speed is a huge bonus on large maps (like Kungur), while removing self-damage is great on smaller maps with a more dense concentration of enemies (like Polygon). Besides, Hazel actually said in a video at one point something like "It's balanced because if you equip one of the alterations it means you can't equip the other alteration". And I don't think he realised it, but it basically implies that he expects everyone to buy and use at least one of the alterations because he knows that Twins is significantly weaker without alterations. And it frustrates me that they did it like that.
-
That doesn't really work because the conversion has to be equally effective for everyone at once. So you may want to get compensation as upgrades and paints, but what about some other people who already have everything M4 and don't care about paints? So i think these batteries are quite a logical compensation, especially considering that no one has any at the moment.
-
Well, you still have your protections and you will be able to combine them into the same modules you had before, as well as many new combinations which you couldn't equip before. The only things getting converted are the duplicate protections, which wouldn't be of any use to you anyway. Developers couldn't give compensation with crystals because that would destroy the game's economy.
-
130 golds. I just looked at the total crystal count before and after. It increases by 130k.
-
But what about the compensation in the form of batteries? Yes. So you buy the actual drone once and can use it any number of times. But to use it you need to have batteries, and a battery gets spent every time you activate the drone.
-
Why do you think you have to re-buy your protection? You will have all your modules, only they will be broken up into individual protections which you then combine into custom triple modules.
-
4-tier modules should have been removed in the first place. After all, it's not exactly fair to allow people to keep such a significant gameplay-affecting item when no one else can obtain that item anymore. P.S. Why don't you ever use quotes? I won't get a notification for this mention, regardless of whether you hyperlink it or it or whatever. In any other topic I'd be likely to never see your reply.
-
Exactly. You'll be able to combine them with protections from other modules as well, in any combination.
-
The idea is that all these new updates (especially Mobile version) will attract new players. And maybe devs will start advertising Tanki again. being put into a battle against experienced alts is unfair, but hopefully MM will fix that at least to some extent. We'll see. I'm sure it will be pretty cheap to buy a basic drone. Don't forget that they can be upgraded as well, so I'm assuming the initial price will be fairly low.
-
Please tell me more about how you already have too many batteries :D I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure. Willing to bet my account on it :ph34r:
-
Eh, it's pretty clear at this point. You get the highest protection for each turret from the modules you have and any duplicates get converted into batteries. I'll take my garage for example: Ursa T-H (Rico 50%, Magnum 50%, Isida 50%) Prodigy LGC (Rail 50%, Thunder 43%, Shaft 29%, Fire 10%) Emerald LGC (Thunder 50%, Twins 48%, Rail 19%) Spider (Mine 50%) Inferno LGC (Fire 31%, Twins 13%, Freeze 41%) Irbis LGC (Isida 42%, Freeze 21%, Rico 15%) Jade LGC (Shaft 45%, Hammer 15%, Smoky 25%, Thunder 12%) I'll ignore the rest for the sake of simplicity Then after the update I will get the following: Individual protections saved in garage - Rico 50%, Magnum 50%, Isida 50%, Rail 50%, Thunder 50%, Mine 50%, Shaft 45%, Twins 48%, Freeze 41%, Fire 31%, Smoky 25%, Hammer 15% Duplicate protections converted into batteries - Shaft 29%, Fire 10%, Rail 19%, Twins 13%, isida 41%, Freeze 21%, Rico 15%, Thunder 12% The only thing we don't know is what exactly the conversion rate will be. I'm pretty sure it won't be direct (i.e. 1% = 1 battery), so it will probably be directly related to the amount you spent on the module and the upgrades, i.e. one 50% protection from a triple module will give a lot more batteries than two 35% protections from two triple modules. Maybe something like each 500 spent on modules will give 1 battery, so if you have a full MU triple module and all three of it's protections are duplicate, you'd get 1400 batteries, since you spent 700 000 on upgrading the module. But I really don't want to make any wrong guesses about this. Best to wait until the conversion actually happens. You'll find that the vast majority of people will disagree with you there. I can imagine the comments from people who already have a bunch of legendary paints they don't use anyway and all they get for their 50 full MU modules is a bunch more useless paints :wacko:
-
All get removed and you get all protections as separate, individual modules which you can then equip three at a time (i.e. combine them into a custom triple module). Any duplicate protections from other modules will be compensated as batteries. You're right, poor choice of words on my part. In fact, I admit that I copy-pasted that reply from another topic in which a lot of players were actually blindly hating the update, which isn't the case here. I rephrased that past in my post. I disagree about downvotes being a good indicator. A lot of the time devs release an update expecting players to like it, and if all they get is a bunch of dislikes on it, how would they know what they did wrong? Sure, for some updates they know for sure that a lot of players will dislike it, but the update had to be implemented because of other reasons (such as needing to adapt to new audiences). But in any case, it helps when players reply and explain what they dislike, rather than leaving a downvote on the announcement post. What I meant by that part is that I don't instantly hate an update if it doesn't benefit me, as a player. For example the removal of missions from PRO battles - sure, I don't like that it happened. I myself enjoyed easily completing difficult missions by capturing a single flag on island and getting a lot of crystals from 1 minute of effort. But when that privilege was removed, I didn't go to the forum and post "devs ruined the game, I'm leaving!" because I realised that the update was necessary to make the daily missions system more balanced and fair, even though it was obviously a bad change for the players. Same applies here. I don't understand why you have that mindset. You still keep ALL your protections and not only will you be able to equip them to get the same modules you have now, but you actually gain the ability to make completely new sets of protections you didn't have before. All free of charge. And not only that, but you actually get at least some compensation for any duplicate protections you have. I didn't expect there to be any compensation at all. Devs phrased it incorrectly. ALL modules will be removed and you will get the highest % protection from each turret that you had in any module (LGC or not). So you will get your 50% Rico as a separate protection, but if you had another Rico protection in another module (50% or lower, doesn't matter) - it will be compensated as batteries.
-
I literally explained it in the post you quoted. Giving players crystals as compensation is always risky for the game, since it means that for some time players will have a lot more spare crystals lying around and won't have to spend money to get more. it instantly reduces revenue and puts the company in a bad economical situation, forcing them to do things like raising prices or reducing the amount of rewards in order to get players to spend less. It happened after the 2012 Rebalance and devs don't want it to happen again, that's why they decided to compensate by giving a specific item (batteries), rather than crystals, which can be spent on a bunch of other things. Yeah pretty much. But if you spend your crystals wisely (i.e. use holiday sales, do missions and don't waste cry on things like paints), then you should have enough to buy and upgrade a drone you like without spending money. But have you actually watched the V-log? Those drones seem tiny! Besides, they're like supplies - work for a limited amount of time and then disappear back into your tank. They're basically a new supply, but there's three different types of them, so you can select the one you like most. You will probably activate it with a new key (such as 7) and it will be active for some time, like a supply. Activating it uses up one battery, and you can buy batteries in the garage or get them from missions, etc. While it's activated, it will give you a bonus (depending on which drone you choose), such as increasing duration of your supplies, improving effectiveness of repair kit or activating all supplies for a few seconds when you respawn.
-
To everyone claiming that drones being a new P2W feature - I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. Yes, it does make supplies more powerful and yes, it's a new consumable that can be bought and stockpiled, but don't forget that you will be able to get it for free from missions and other sources, so I'm sure that it will be just like all other supplies, meaning that if you don't play too much and complete all your missions, you will have plenty of batteries to use those drones non-stop.
-
As a matter of fact I do. I've done so many times and posted constructive criticism about many updates in the past. I'm sure neither of us is willing to sift through all my posts, but if you want an example, here you go. I changed my mind about that particular update since then (mostly due to all the positive updates that compensated for it), but I still often disagree with some of the decisions. Yes, the highest percentage gets taken out and converted into a separate protection. You don't have to use those drones of you don't have to. I feel like they're quite an interesting addition and I definitely disagree about them giving out your position like a "huge red arrow in the sky". I do still care about players, but I'm welcoming these updates because they make the game more interesting, more diverse and modernised, which should help bring in new players. Old-school and nostalgia is good to some extent, but dwelling on the past and not willing to move on in order to adapt to changing times is a bad approach to all this. I feel like devs are doing a pretty good job at converting Tanki to a new style slowly and gradually, so that old players can adapt to the change. I realise that a lot of players spend a lot of money on it over the years, but unfortunately Tanki can't keep pleasing such players and doing everything in their favour. New players are equally (if not more) important, so the game must change in their favour as well. As for TO becoming too much like TX - maybe you're right. But I honestly don't really mind that. They may es well just scrap TX completely and focus on adding cool stuff to TO only. The reason you don't see me blindly hating this update is because I consider all parties when judging an update: the developers, the players, the newbies, the pros, the buyers, the free players, etc. I know that every update is made to benefit some of those parties while inevitably being a disadvantage for others. But that's just how game development works - you can't make everybody happy at once. And it's good that people can't just give this topic a bunch of downvotes. It forces people to express their opinion in words, which helps developers understand exactly what players are unhappy about.
-
The drones and their power supply are all sold for crystals, not money. Given how easy it is to obtain crystals nowadays, I'm pretty sure any free player will be able to afford these drones with relative ease. So while the drones are meant to bring more revenue, they are not explicitly a P2W feature. I don't know. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but personally I'm excited about addition of new features and gameplay mechanics. And I'm saying this not because I'm a helper an "get paid to praise developers". They care a lot about old-timers, but they can't keep old things in the game forever just because some players love them so much. LGC modules are nice to use, but they are also inconvenient, unbalanced and generally unfair to new players. How would you feel if you started playing a different game and in it a bunch of people had powerful items which you can no longer buy, but they still have it because they bought it a few years ago? You get compensation with batteries, just like all other normal modules. That's a very unjustified assumption. The paint separation update happened almost two years ago. Devs added that system because they thought it was the best they could do with the game engine. in fact, I even remember one of them saying that they tried to implement custom modules and found out that it was impossible at the time. Two years passed, and I'm sure they now have more experience and new technologies, so they figured out a way to do custom modules. And since custom modules are a far superior system, it's replacing the old system now. It's extremely unlikely that all this was planned for years to make players waste more crystals. Legacy modules will also be converted to the new system and any extra duplicate protection will be compensated with batteries. Same goes for the extra crystals you spent on duplicate upgrades for XTs. It's not like the only reason you bought the module is to get a compensation for it. You've been using those modules all these years, and I'm sure they proved very useful to you in battles and saved you many times. Now the game is changing, so old things have to come to an end. A crystal compensation is economically impossible. Obviously players want free crystals, but if devs started giving out millions of crystals for the removed modules, the game's economy would crash.
Jump to content


































































