Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

KillerGnat

Tanker
  • Posts

    1 547
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KillerGnat

  1. KillerGnat

    [Issue 4] Guide to Quick XP (TWG)

    Oops, I didn't think about people misunderstanding the title :ph34r:. I'll change it asap. What color would you suggest? Edit: noob question, how do you change the title of a topic?
  2. KillerGnat

    [Issue 4] Guide to Quick XP (TWG)

    Um, sarcasm :rolleyes:. I don't think we need a whole other section just for TWG and other player articles. I also think I did pretty well, considering it was my first article and I did it in 30 minutes. Have any criticism?
  3. KillerGnat

    [Issue 4] Guide to Quick XP (TWG)

    Definitely. My horrible excuses for articles don't deserve to be in the Off Topic discussions. I feel like I'm contaminating this section :P.
  4. KillerGnat

    [Issue 4] Guide to Quick XP (TWG)

    Gaining XP Alas, last week marked the passing of a good friend: the SMP. No more will I see it's sad little face waiting to be bought on some rainy day. To commemorate it's tragic passing, I have created this guide for the hundreds of people who's hopes of ranking up more quickly were swiftly dashed by the terrible news that the announcement brought. I am by no means an expert on ranking up, but I have been observant enough to notice that playing on some maps will gain more XP than others. In this guide, I will attempt (and probably fail) to teach you a few tips for gaining quick XP. Hope you enjoy, and try not to fall asleep ;). ******* Where to play and what to use 1. Polygon CP: By far the most overplayed match in Tanki, no matter which server you're on this battle will be there. Why would it be so popular? The key is in the amount of time spent vs the amount of battle fund and XP collected. In fifteen minutes of Polygon game play, you can consistently get over 2,000 XP. No other map gives that much on a regular basis. Not everyone excels in this map, though, it takes skill and the right kit. You mostly see Firebirds in the mix, taking part in massive firefights in the pit, but is it the best? I think no. The afterburn and ability to shoot many opponents at once is useful, but in the ever present fight for the point, a steady shooter lasts the longest. Twins is the best example of this, its never-ending fire rate makes it ideal for keeping enemies from retaking the point. Using my Twins-Viking combo, I've won many a battle with a kill count in the 100s. __________ 2. Highways: Highways? Yes, surprisingly Highways CTF has always done wonders for my XP. The amount of times I've sat gleaning xp from shaft campers is uncountable. Your free pass is the fact that all Highways players seem to think that the only gun usable in the game is the shaft. Once you get past the first line of laser sights crisscrossing your base, you're usually free (barring the one or two pesky attackers you might encounter). Getting behind the enemy houses should be relatively easy, and then.....bliss. You can't imagine the pleasure I've gotten from the hours of trolling enemy shafters, the kills racked up as poor unsuspecting players wonder why their life is slowly draining down, and the incredible amounts of XP effortlessly raked in. After a time of this, though, start planning your getaway, for, as the shafts start dying, their awareness sharpens. Soon they realize that somebody has infiltrated their base, and the hunt begins. At this point, you should probably run. Taking the flag and drugging a DA and nitro as you go, rush back to our base as fast as your tracks will carry you. Normally, you will make it back unscathed, ready for your next assault on enemy lines. __________ 3. Monte Carlo CTF: Really, the actual amount of XP you'll get from an average Monte Carlo game is usually pretty low. When the circumstances are right, though, death and destruction will follow in your wake. Once, I got 42 kills, 1 flag capture, and 0 deaths in a Monte Carlo game, with no drugging. The key is to play with dummies. I had the privilege to play with a bunch of opponents who seemingly thought it fun to be blasted by my shaft bullets. Time and time again they would rush down in the mad hope that I wouldn't shoot this time around. You can bet that their hope didn't last. I sat in my perch cruelly stopping their fruitless attempts to get our flag. By the end of the game, I had enough XP to make even i..O.U.F.A envy me (ok, probably not :rolleyes:). __________ 4. Brest CTF: This is another one which relies on the fact that most enemies are shafters. Brest is my personal favorite for capping flags, because of the fact that the amount of time you're exposed to the deathly lasers is fairly short. Unless you drive fully open on the bridge, avoiding shafts can be effortless. Driving along the sides to arrive behind the enemies base, almost guarantees safe access to the enemy's most precious belonging: their flag. Having already drugged a nitro, I use a DA and make my getaway, hoping speed will take me from my pursuers. Often, I'll be destroyed by an enemy attacker, but most of the time, I'll cap the flag earning XP and my teams praise. __________ 5. Any map with skill: Yes, believe it or not, no guide that I make will obtain you more XP points. We all have different playing styles, and I suggest that you follow yours. If it conflicts with mine, throw mine in the ditch and continue with yours. Even with all the guides in the world, without the skills, you won't go nowhere (yes I realize you can't say "you can't go nowhere," but I just did. So there!). ******* Gaining XP with friends When friends help you, the entire strategy of XP farming changes. Having a second person helping you along aids you in the long road to ranking up. I can only guess where some of us would be without the help and moral support of Tanki friends. After an especially hard battle there's nothing like winding down with your friend. Here are some ways to gain XP with some help: __________ 1. Friend takes Isida, you take Vulcan: The best example of a symbiotic relationship in Tanki. As the Vulcan shoots and overheats, the Isida comes in and heals. The amount of XP they both take is immense. There is only one time I've done this, and it wasn't even with a friend. I was playing a CTF game (I can't remember the map name) using my newly bought Isida m1, usually when I use an Isida, I zip around the map being a general nuisance to enemies (much like a gnat :P). This game was no exception, I already had two flag captures to my name, and I was gunning for a third. I had just taken the enemy flag and was rushing back, when the beam of an Isida fell on me. I knew I was a goner, but I turned around, facing the pursuer hoping at least to wound him before he destroyed my already damaged hull. As I turned my turret, my eyes fell on what was left of the attacker, now a charred hull full of bullets. I searched for my savior, and found him, camping in a strategic spot, sporting a Vulcan-Mammoth. I was delighted, but I realized that just saying "thank you" wouldn't be enough. I decided that I needed to do something to repay his kindness. The rest of the 30 minute game I spent glued to his side, restoring his HP. By the end of the game, he was first place, with me only slightly behind him. If you have a friend who will consent to being the Isida, you'll have a perfect run to a rank up. __________ 2. Friend takes Isida, you take Shaft: Another scenario much like the Vulcan-Isida. Using this, especially in Highways, is the most fun of all, even if it's not the best. Playing like this once caused an opponent to exclaim "(censored) that Shaft, he never dies," boy was he right. My friend had a whopping 27 kills and 0 deaths, because of the little Isida (me) camping behind him. By the end, my friend had over 50 kills and 1 death, and I had 7 kills and 2 deaths. Our XP count was surprisingly similar. Two things make this a good scenario for wannabe rankers: one: the ability for the shaft to never have to leave his place almost doubles his XP count, and two: the enemies seeing a big fat shafter, will often shoot him for lack of other targets, thus giving the Isida extra XP (wow, that is what you call a run-on sentence). Also, the added defense the Isida gives can be essential to holding a narrow lead. __________ 3. Friend takes Railgun, and you take Railgun: The XP combo really can be an XP combo. Playing with another Rail-Hornet friend will make both your XPs take leaps and bounds. I've played many games with one or two other XP players, and together we absolutely rock. Protection paints will be a problem of course, but not even those can match the sheer power of a Railgun. I had a wonderful time playing XP battles with my clan leader dirt_block_84, and we blasted our way through rows upon rows of noobs. __________ 4. Friend takes Isida, and you take Isida: Yes another Isida based combo (are you seeing a pattern here?), I just can't get over the greatness of this gun. Together, they create a pair to match even the almighty XPs. With one shooting badgies (my bro's nick for bad guys) and taking the flag, the other can restore health. TDM is another place these thrive, because the focus is not on the flag, healing is often easier. __________ 5. Power leveling: Knits! my friend said this is illegal. ******* Well, that's it for now. Thanks for reading, and congratulations for staying awake. Stay tuned for more articles and stories from me (assuming TWG hasn't kicked me out after this article). Before I sign off, I'd like to ask for constructive criticism regarding this, especially some tips to make the article as a whole look more pleasing. Till next time, KG I realize that there are probably millions of mistakes, but I'm a horrific editor. So chill ok?
  5. I. Said. One!! (and two, three, four....)
  6. KillerGnat

    Homeschoolers Club

    Good idea. Make a story called: "Peter the Pink Pug Puppy's Puzzling parables." Then post it of topic and see how many views you get :P. If people like them, then write more.
  7. KillerGnat

    Jokers in our Chat and Forum

    Lol. Especially the first two.
  8. KillerGnat

    Tanki is copying from other games

    In Monopoly, you make money by making people bankrupt. In Tanki, you get crystals from killing people. Tanki is copying from Monopoly! How immature! Bad Bad Tanki! Edit: 1. In Risk, you gain reinforcements from taking countries, in Tanki you gain XP from taking points. Tanki copied Risk. 2. In Axis and Allies, you use tanks to blow up other tanks, in Tanki, you use tanks to blow up other tanks. Tanki copied A&A. 3. In Minecraft there are blocks of gold, in Tanki, there are boxes of gold. Tanki copied Minecraft. 4. In Star Wars, there are plasma guns, in Tanki there are plasma guns. Tanki copied Star Wars. 5. In Halo, you can play online multiplayer, in Tanki you have to play online multiplayer. Tanki copied Halo. 6. In Candy Land, you try to win, in Tanki you try to win. Tanki copied Candy Land. All these things show that Tanki is just a game copied from other things. There is absolutely no originality in it. We should stop playing right now!
  9. KillerGnat

    Hi

    Come back man. Tanki is a great game. So many people have left, and having another experienced player in the forum would be good.
  10. KillerGnat

    Homeschoolers Club

    Two members in the first day, I'm pleasantly surprised.
  11. KillerGnat

    I quit

    Bye, you will be missed. The greatest thing missed about you will be
  12. KillerGnat

    Homeschoolers Club

    Lol, ok. If you meet the requirements, and fill out the application.
  13. KillerGnat

    Homeschoolers Club

    Welcome to the club noneofurbizz (I'll call you nonof) :)! You will be installed as co-leader because you were first to apply. Thanks for joining. Btw, thanks for complimenting my nickname, most people think it's weird :P.
  14. 3 pm UTC is 10 pm (not personal message :P) my time. Normally I won't be up then except on Friday and Saturday nights.
  15. I have some pics to show :D.
  16. Ha! ur knot evan cloze two mee inn dis inglsh. 7
  17. KillerGnat

    Devs do actually listen to our ideas

    Thanks GT99, some people needed this point driven into their heads :). Good writing style too.
  18. I beseech thee my fair equine companion to cease these posts which bite ever so bitterly into my poor broken soul. Dost thou not possess any pity for my humble self? Verily I tell you, that ere long, as my lifeless fragile frame is lowered into the gaping pit that is my grave, thou wilt harken back to the times my exhortations touched your ears. "Why didst I not hark unto his words of warning?" you will cry out. "Alas, now it is too late. Death has overtaken him. No more will his comments grace the Forum Game section. A pox be upon myself for not heeding his utterances, which surely, had they been attended to, would have saved his hoary hairs wings from descending to the grave." 1
  19. Um, I think you should calm down. Most of the comments posted in this topic are all in jest. Don't get too worked up over them. You must also realize that, not being human, it is very hard for people animals and insects like Strats and me to not look down on your kind. As for the English part, you can say both "Why hast thou" and "y did u." and both are technically English. You didn't say 2, so I can't say 3 :angry:. Edit: back in Shakespearean England, that was probably how they talked in preschool, so I can't really answer your question about that.
  20. KillerGnat

    A guide to Shaft

    I like it. Short and to the point.
  21. y u speaking french? dis is en comunitee. u need too go back to france with ur stpid french language. i rlly h8 it when ppl who don't speak english flood de forum. 1
  22. KillerGnat

    Best Username in Tanki

    Oh my, there are so many things I could say right now. I must resist the urge to post something immature.
  23. KillerGnat

    Best Username in Tanki

    I just saw a guy named Dysentery. Don't know whether to laugh or be disgusted :unsure:.
×
×
  • Create New...