Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 135
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    96

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Very. Kills a medium hull in 1 second. Light hulls have no chance if the Viking Firebird they're fighting suddenly activates it. It's good with Freeze as far as I've seen. It deals better damage per second, slows the target down so that they get in your maximum damage range easier for maximum damage. Shaft with Viking's Overdrive usually takes care of enemy defenses because of a lack of Shaft protection around. They'd have to get in close though. And by close, I mean the range of Twins, Ricochet and Hammer. Here is an explanation, which expands on what XxStriker said.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Demolition WAR

    That's the power of early M3s. (M2 10/10)
  3. TheCongoSpider

    The Integrity Of Alterations

    I added Hyperspace Rounds after I had finished typing that. Didn't get to change the number on that particular part. Yes, I described it in a nutshell. And this post was to show that (in my opinion) those 3 of the 51 alterations are currently not following that guideline. They're not keeping their integrity. "DH"C Railgun is more suited to take on multiple enemies. Stock Railgun isn't. They both deal the same damage and have the same parameters for everything except the shot delay time. On each modification, the Stock Railgun shoots faster than the "DH"C Railgun by 0.11 seconds. Let's say 3 enemies are lined up, or maybe 2 are lined u and one is at the side. The "DH"C Railgun shoots two targets and kills one with penetrating power. It then reloads and deals another full damage shot to the first enemy and kills them. It then turns to the 3rd enemy and takes two shots to kill them. Compare that with Stock Railgun. It kills one with the penetrating power, has to reload. It reloads and kills the second one, then has to reload again. Turns and kills the 3rd enemy in two shots. That significant advantage is given to it for what? A 10% increase in the shot delay? Almost negligible. The only advantage Stock Railgun has over "DH"C Railgun is in 1v1 face-to-face combat with each other or another combination. But then again, that extra 0.11 seconds isn't going to decide much oftentimes. After 3 shots, Stock Railgun would have been faster by 0.33 seconds, which is about how fast an M3 Duplet Hammer shoots both of its shots. So you have an alteration that makes a turret have the potential to shoot rapidly and you give it an almost negligible downside. How does this even change Railgun's playstyle? I've actually went away with the notion that every alteration changes your playstyle, because that doesn't seem to be the case for some. So this one would fit under "more suitable for specific situations", but "specific" could be changed to "most". Sigh, this is something I really didn't want games to have the trouble with. Adding too many alterations to things makes balance harder to achieve, especially when you claim that it isn't supposed to make the equipment better. But hey, if this is another source of income for them, then I wish them all the luck in hopefully pleasing as many players as they can with each balance change/update. I do wonder what inspired the change for "DH"C Railgun. I asked Cedric about it (in the topic) and he didn't give a reply. I just assumed that he had no authority to give answers for those questions or maybe they didn't even tell him why and just gave him the information to relay onto us. I'm not mad at him for that (or at all, for that matter). The change to Compact Tanks was a nerf in its heating rate on the 1st of March. There are some scenarios where Stock Firebird and Compact Tanks Firebird outperform IM Firebird. Utilising their afterburn damage when they were killed swiftly after attacking the enemy. Compact Tanks benefits from this the most. If the player is slightly in range of the Firebirds, then Compact Tanks and Stock Firebird can ignite the target and allow its afterburn damage to deal more damage than the direct damage they're doing. Sure, it does better than the others in MM, but it doesn't fit the examples that I'm trying to relay. Thinking about it, Mortar should probably be added to that list given its current statistics. Incendiary Smoky requires a Fox module to fully defend against it. Fox modules, as I've seen, are very common so they're almost well protected. The modules affect the heating rate of the Incendiary Smoky, which I've identified as theoretically being 200% of maximum temperature/sec with a temperature limit of 50% of maximum temperature (as stated in the alterations effects). The more fire protection you have, the less ticks you'll suffer, which will decrease the damage you take. Stock Smoky's critical hit allows for a massive chunk of the enemy's health to go away, probably by surprise and ends up killing the enemy. You can react against Incendiary Rounds. For the most part, you can act against the Stock Smoky's critical which would take away your remaining HP. That doesn't stop the million and one Compact Tanks I encounter in all ranks above . I don't really see much Stock Firebirds, even though it has the advantage in direct damage output. Rapid-Fire-Mode has its drawbacks. It's not like the examples I'm trying to relay. I wouldn't consider 70% of my total sniping damage "huge". It leaves a good set of HP on medium hulls. It's much better on the front lines than sniping.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Supplies and Drones!

    That would interrupt the flow of already short MM battles. With this short duration, you can decide that there is almost 0 chance to get the gold so you focus on the objective. With 30 seconds, you have this mindless scramble for the spot. You can see the gold from a distance if it is not behind a building. And the gold box takes 10 seconds to appear in the sky and 10 seconds to fall to the ground.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Missions!

    The actual number, 7, in this case, isn't a huge deal. It's where those 7 ranks span is the huge deal. I treat 7-rank brackets as normal. It's the 10-13 rank brackets that are bad.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    The Integrity Of Alterations

    So, another balance change was implemented recently. One change that struck me in particular was the Adaptive Reload buff. I've been almost solely using Adaptive Reload since the 27th of January. Why use Adaptive Reload and not Stock Hammer? Because there is no reason for me to use Stock Hammer, other than me wanting to withhold potential firepower for my team. Some alterations can appear to be and even in practice, better that their Stock counterparts. But that is more of a stretch of a long line. Take LCR Railgun vs Stock Railgun. Stock Railgun has an advantage in rate of fire, and a lesser advantage in shot delay. LCR pushes the two ends of the line (damage and rate of fire, as they are essential for one another) apart. This makes it more useful in particular situations. But one (even an LCR player) could argue that although that line was stretched, it then created something that is better than Stock Railgun in most situations, most notably in the higher modifications. I would say that that is an example of an upgrade, but something that took work and effort to get there. The other type is a more serious one. A direct upgrade. At the moment, I only classify 3 of the current 51 alterations as direct upgrades. Meaning that there is no reason to use the Stock version over the altered version. Those two three alterations are: Adaptive Reload (Hammer) "Death Herald" Compulsator (Railgun) Hyperspace Rounds (Railgun) I will only touch on Adaptive Reload and "Death Herald" Compulsator in this topic. These two alterations contain the mechanic of instantly reloading the turret's ammunition. And because it has the ability to do this, it (by common sense) requires either its damage being reduced, or its reload time/rate of fire being increased/decreased by a reasonable amount. Adaptive Reload: "Death Herald" Compulsator: You can argue that Round Destabilisation, Electromagnetic Accelerator Scout, Duplet, or High-Capacity Drum is or has the potential to be an upgrade to Stock, but the alterations that really hit home, are the ones that have parameters closest to their Stock counterpart. Case in point: There is a stick of regular length and width. A "regular" stick with a longer width and heavier weight (harder to control) is less of an upgrade than a "regular" stick with a sharp object protruding out of it.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Your Opinion about tanki

    It's Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS. Got it as a birthday present. Even if you did have a 3DS/2DS, it's better to get the other newer ones since this one is pretty old.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Low ranks vs High ranks

    Looks like what I auto-saved isn't there anymore. So I'll just copy paste the rest of it that I saved to a Word Document: Not sure about this one and I can't give input to this. Anyone who doesn't rotate their turret up here usually exhibits traits of an average player or below in my experience. Not...particularly true. Each turret and hull has a different rank unlock for their M2 modifications. But you wouldn't find mixes of M1, M2 and M3 product kits. The only time they'd converge in the garage is at - . However, it must be noted that these specific kits during those 3 ranks do not contain exclusively M2 equipment. At least one of the components are at M1.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    August Challenge — Gauss Prime Skin

    The total stars I got from the recent challenges (across 4-5 accounts) are: May: 1657 June: 2139 July: 2475 August: 561 (Currently. I added 7 stars to that because that's the number of stars I needed for a container on this ( account.) I stopped playing much since Tankoins were released in Containers (that isn't to say that the cause of me not playing much was because of it.)
  10. TheCongoSpider

    August Challenge — Gauss Prime Skin

    Oh crud, I missed out on a lot of containers because I only now realised that there is only 1 more day for the Challenge.
  11. I wanted to start some Unpopular Opinion Threads, but I didn't think they'd catch wind, or maybe they'd be closed.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Low ranks vs High ranks

    Wow, so I had the entire thing written out but for some reason, it stopped auto-saving up to what you see above and when I tried to post the entire thing, it wouldn't put it, even when I reloaded. However, it posted the incomplete auto-saved version. I'll add the others later.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Episode 221 of the V-LOG is live!

    'Twas unbalanced before its nerf. The fixed afterburn parameter is very powerful in the M0 ranks (I really don't know why they made it fixed in the first place). I do agree that it may be underpowered but when it hits M1 and beyond, it'll start to become very powerful.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    Seeing lots of them in battles currently is due to its latest buff (as well as the buffs before it but this one took the cake). If the clean reload stayed at 3.5 seconds, you'd see fewer Magnums.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    What to buy? Which is better?

    This is relative. I wouldn't pay for two kits just to use only one combo.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Very jealous.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Discount Weekend - August 2019

    I think this is a by-product of MM "balancing your wins and your losses". It is likely that someone keeps getting sent to the losing team (your case) and it can also be the opposite: someone keeps getting sent to the winning team.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports [Closed]

    Pointless for you? Or pointless for the developers?
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Episode 221 of the V-LOG is live!

    Ah yes, surprise mechanics.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    Well that picture s only one frame. One frame that does not give enough context as to when that picture was taken, and under what circumstance. What if that player used it to kill an enemy earlier and is now either reloading or in sniping mode but not long enough for the laser to appear? Other than that, I find it disgustingly stupid seeing Booster Drone users use their double damage before getting a good aim on the enemy, and effectively wasting it. 3 seconds of increased damage and you only utilised 0.5 seconds of it, if any. This has been happening even before the nerf. With the nerf, it's just sad.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    Pretty much takes away the penalty for bad positioning.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Even that is a lot.
×
×
  • Create New...