Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 135
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    96

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    I was talking about Say, not you. Sorry for the confusion.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Vulcan, a new way!

    Sensational A Truly New way To play Vulcan
  3. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    You can't kill Wasps with that? What's happening? Are they driving perpendicular to you while heading to cover?You should be able to kill the Wasp in one of 6 seconds, 3 seconds, or 1.5 seconds of direct fire. Whenever a Wasp drops a bomb for only you, just think about how worse it could have been if it sneaked up on your grouped teammates.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Twins!

    H_A_T_T_6 was using M3 Twins + Dictator and pooped on everyone on my team in two battles. He was using Stable Plasma, so I'm wondering how well he would have done if he were using Stock Twins.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    Question: Does using Large Calibre Rounds for Railgun require skill? Tried to tell that guy that all Railguns require skill to aim the shots and nothing else. He assumes that less shots equal you needing more skill with aiming. They all require the same effort to actually hit the target. The only thing that is different is how punished you are for missing that shot. Is Say wrong, or am I wrong?
  6. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    A better way to understand how I do it is saying Rank 1 is x ranks away from Rank 2. I look at it in the eyes of the lowest rank and not in the eyes of an outside observer so you're right.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    Hmm, I count that as a 12-rank spread. I count how many ranks there are from the lowest rank, excluding it. So if the ranks are - , I start counting from and would be the last number.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Why doesn't anyone defend anymore?

    Это Захватить флаг, не Команда на команду That's a more polite way to put it. Takaros, Merion and elmemo and I were working together to defend and attack. We were down 2 - 1 then coordinated our attacks to steal the flag and capture twice making it 2 -3. Teamwork exists, it's just hard to find, and usually hard to maintain when found.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Why doesn't anyone defend anymore?

    Well, we'd've been seeing less battle if it weren't merged, so I'd say yeah.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Missions!

    What do you mean "overall"? I'm saying that if you are a pro player that knows how to assess battle situations and tactics for your benefit, you have a much higher chance of coming in the top 2 positions of your team (that is losing) compared to someone who doesn't move their turret and has little to no situational awareness and/or tactic planning. To keep the difficulty, I reduced it to the top 2 positions on both teams. You're catering for more people completing the mission, so the difficulty must be kept high (since it is an objectively hard mission) and a potential revenue earner. Remember, you dropped the "winning team" criterion. So that means that ties also allow for the mission to be completed by the top 2 players on each team. So that's even more points towards the mission awarded. Outscoring everyone doesn't always mean that you are the best skill-wise or tactic-wise. It means that you are the best statistic-wise at least. You need teamwork in order to win. If you don't win, you don't get the point for the mission. I doubt that Tanki will change this mission but I do believe that a tie should warrant the top 2 players on either side a point for the mission. It only seems fair since a tie requires effort from both sides to capture each others flag to level the score, or requires a lot of efficient defense to keep the battle 0-0. I assume that it's to emphasise that it must be on the winning team. Oh hold up. So I, a Support Nanobots Isida, who cannot defend myself against an enemy, much less multiple enemies; who obtains 0 kills and around 8 deaths per battle on average; who is targetted by enemies primarily because I heal the players they are facing off against, am the reason that my team loses? I am the person that keeps my teammates alive to attack the enemy. I am a dedicated healer. I am the backbone of my team's survivability alongside their own repair kits and double armours. And if my team loses, it is my, the healer's, fault? If I were not there, and was replaced by a non-Isida player, that team was going to lose. If having a healer on your team makes the team have a higher chance of losing, that what is the point of having a healer in the first place? Surely another Hammer player instead of a Support Nanobots Isida on a team that is being blown out would make such a significant difference for their team's survivability. There are many factors as to why some people do worse than others. Different maps with different terrains that favour different turrets, Different turret-and-hull combinations are better in different maps. Availability of enemies to kill. The enemy team's combinations might be direct counters to that person's combination. Stop saying that players with a lower K/D than others are less helpful to the team. Because I can heal the flag bearer for all 5 captures and only get 100 points while the flag bearer gets 600 from capturing and killing the defenders. Does that mean my contribution was near meaningless to the outcome of the battle compared to the flag bearer? No, it doesn't. In fact, without me, he wouldn't have been able to capture those flags with ease.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Is the sound being enabled worth it?

    The last time I heard one, it sounded like an air raid siren. You can listen to it on the Wiki's page for Gold Boxes. I think I heard the Christmas one. It sounded like bells and then Santa says "Ho Ho Ho" coming down to the end.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Vulcan, a new way!

  13. TheCongoSpider

    Vulcan, a new way!

    Rev up those barrels, 'cause there's a new way to play Vulcan! And that is...to pair Vulcan with Wasp. Now now, before you shudder off into disgust at what is forbidden in battles, you should try it out if you have the appropriate modifications for them at your rank. It is a new way to play Vulcan. it's like playing it with Dictator, but more fast-paced. Play it with Reincforced Aiming Transmission and you have yourself circle-strafing enemies with ease. You can move about erratically to confuse your enemies while you approach and circle them with your high speed while the gyroscopic feature of Vulcan keeps the line of bullets on them. Note that keyboards that ghost on particular keys may make it hard to use this combination effectively. Have you experienced any Vulcan Wasps in battles? How do they do? Do you fear them? Do you fear them? Bonus points if you look like a fidget spinner.
  14. But then we have this: So Viking just seems to work for some people better than the other 2. That could explain why there are so many, players are just accustomed to it and it may be easier to control than it is for many others. I still get ragdolled when I play it so I'm not playing Viking.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    What I would love to do is annoy Vikings so that they use their Overdrive solely on me so that my team wouldn't be at risk of being on the receiving end of an impromptu massacre. The problem of doing that is that Vikings are so darn prevalent in Legend battles that it makes no sense singling one out since there are so many others. I stick to doing that with Mammoths since they aren't so prevalent up there.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Why doesn't anyone defend anymore?

    But the game is a Russian game. And if the majority of the demographic is Russian, then why must they speak English as a lingua franca? If anything, Russian should be the lingua franca. Well, if you memorise some words, you can have an idea as to what they're trying to communicate. It can be as simple as a turret's name and profanity after it. That can signal to everyone else that they're annoyed or frustrated. They can say "ф" or "флаг", then they mean to return the flag or watch the base for attackers.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    It's kind of sad to watch but they get theirs bombs back quickly so it doesn't matter if they wasted one, really. Any hull can use its Overdrive on one player instead of many if they want because it's their choice. It's a bit different with Viking because its Overdrive recharges very slow, meaning it would be less profitable to use it on one player as opposed to a group. Wasp can drop its bomb on one player many times because ti recharges more than 2x faster than Viking's Overdrive and receives more Overdrive charge for doing actions in the game. Anytime this happens to me, I'm just glad that they went through all that effort just to get 15 points (or possibly 5 if they self-destruct). I took it all and that's one less Viking Overdrive to worry about. I assume it is out of frustration and just not wanting to lose and preserve their dignity.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    Got the leaderboard bug again. Joined with this score and got a big boost. 3 stars once again for less effort.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki World Records

    It was him actually. Saw him in a battle and his tank stood out against everyone else. Checked his profile and was fascinated. This is what I'm referring to btw:
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.

    Freeze fully freezes enemies in about 2 seconds. And if you're fully frozen and the Freeze stops, it takes about 10 seconds just to return to normal speed.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    The Support Nanobots Challenge

    Sure.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    I don't see the problem here.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Is the sound being enabled worth it?

    That's why I heightened my awareness and look all over the screen for as much information on the current situation my team is in. It's usually not a problem but sometimes, there is an information overload (especially when my team is being blown out) and I kind of miss a few details like a certain enemy's position. I only use RGC Magnum right now so whenever I release a shot, (most of) my direct attention or my peripheral vision is on my ammo bar that is reloading. The gold boxes are really the only thing that I think I miss out on sometimes. I could be going through the battle as normal and then suddenly, "Player162331 has taken the gold box". I would not recall seeing any notification at the top. That has happened many times and still happens. A lot of the time, I notice the message at the top because it's in my field of view, but sometimes, I really wonder if they dropped for themselves without warning.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    That...may not do much. Unless you're talking about 10% from both protection modules and double armour, then it would be considerable for some turrets.
×
×
  • Create New...