Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 135
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    96

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.

    You spawn on one of the islands and fight. If all the action is happening on another island, you self-destruct and hope that it spawns you on another island. :rolleyes:
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.

    Really? The map kind of feels cluttered now.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Missions!

    I wouldn't go over 3k, because that is a net loss there. The most crystals I can get from the hard mission (now that I'm a ) is 3,000. If I spend more than 3,000 crystals in changing that mission, that's me making a loss. I'll only do it if I'm very strapped for time.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Blast the weekend to bits

    Putting sales right after a balance update with many buffs. Very nice.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Thunder!

    Thanks to Michael and XxStriker, I've been enlightened as to how exactly the maximum and minimum damage ranges influence damage. First off, maximum damage range. Your Thunder will deal random damage between the figures of your Thunder, which for M4, would be 740 - 1,020. From point-blank range to 100 metres, you will be dealing 100% of the damage (the random damage you receive within the damage boundaries). After 100 metres, you have passed that and any damage you do will be linearly decreased until it reaches the weak damage % at the minim damage range. For better clarity, think of Gauss' splash damage distribution. It has a maximum splash damage range of 2 metres. In those 2 metres form the epicentre of the shot, any player there will receive the same damage (100%) as the target. Then we get to the average splash damage which is 90% and is at 12 metres. So if the player was 6 metres away from epicentre, they'd receive ~ 94% of the total damage. And after 12 metres, you the next checkpoint is the weak splash damage radius, which the % of damage is 5%. So between 12 metres and 20 metres, the splash damage from the shot decreased linearly from 90% to 5%. So if the player was 15 metres away from the epicentre, they'd receive ~ 58% of the total damage. So let's discuss where Sledgehammer fits in this. Sledgehammer reduces the maximum damage range by 95%. So that means the maximum damage range is 5 m and the minimum damage range (which is untouched) stays at 150 metres. What has happened here is that the damage starts to decrease very early (5 metres) but the amount of leeway it has before it reaches weak damage (50%) is greatly increased. This is why Sledgehammer is the most consistent with its damage. if you shoot someone 40 metres away, the damage would be similar but if you shoot them with Stock Thunder, the damage can fluctuate from similar, to high then to low with each shot. If the minimum damage range was reduced by 95% (which would prompt the maximum damage range to be reduced as well), then the damage would be 370-510. The high firing rate more than makes up for the earlier decrease in damage. I hope this helped. If not, maybe wolverine or Michael can explain it better.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Multwatch

    We won. Funnily enough, I do have a Finish Top 3 mission on this account right now. I complete them in DM and RGB mostly.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    My skybox is always disabled, which is why in many of my screenshots, there is a white background. I have 50% protection which is still almost as good as 50%. Mortar is just for less self-damage because why not? I don't use a 0 degree shot. I would launch them all in the same spot and very slightly accelerate so that the shots land on my rear and pushes me up into the air and forward like a slingshot pointing to the mountains, or I would stay completely still and let it hit me. The former happened in the 2nd picture and the latter happened in the 1st picture. Scaled this building using that trick months ago using a 100 - 65 - 15 combo.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.

    Having the Booster drone at a very high MU level can get you first place in every battle. Here are 5 battles where the 2 players, Vengeance and Hilfe, both had the Booster Drone vengeance was a Viking + Uranium Striker. Hilfe was a Hornet + Electromagnetic Accelerator "Scout" Railgun. The drone is very powerful and very profitable for what it does. Destroying enemies is the most profitable + easiest thing you can do in MM battles. Many drones when they're fully micro-upgraded can allow you place first in many DM battles, but the Booster Drone is the easiest thing you can do to achieve that. Just look at the enemy, press 3 and shoot. Instant kill for many turrets.
  9. Alright. If you're not going to distinguish between them, then it's best to use the ones that are for the most hulls: 8% for a kill. 4% for neutralising a CP point. (not confirmed) 8% for a CP capture. 40% for a CTF capture. 24% for an ASL capture.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    I found some velocities for my Magnum to launch me that high. If your non-AGLM Magnum is M3 6/20, the velocities are 100 - 65 - 30 - 5. I used Mortar to reduce the damage I take.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    The Support Nanobots Challenge

    I don't enable it for the entire battle. But I'd say that in a 7-minute battle, 4-5 of those minutes include me pressing the R button, even when I don't need it. If you're doing a video, you don't need to have that enabled for the entire battle, especially if it hampers your concentration when displaying too much jumbled information. All you'd need to do is flash it for a few seconds so we know. Or flash it once throughout the battle if you cut parts in it.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    The Support Nanobots Challenge

    The thing is to utilise its Overdrives. You're not going to win many duels without it. When I used it with Hunter, I had to stay still while shooting the stunned Vikings.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Turrets!

    The prices were confusing since they were lacking commas and they were in the wrong place. Since it is another short-range turret, it would have similar ranks to the other short range turrets I did the statistics for. Not the unlock prices, since in your case, it's a special turret that can't do damage and you set the price low. I don't know how to actually balance this. Since it doesn't deal damage to gain points in MM battles, it has to have some kind of alternate to earn score and EXP.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    Tried it in a DM battle.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.

    All 4 of the other alterations got buffed, so if anything, there'll be more.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    The Support Nanobots Challenge

    And that's why it's a challenge.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    The Support Nanobots Challenge

    One of the rules is that it has to be in a Matchmaking DM (Deathmatch) battle.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.

    Two of its alterations received buffs. :huh: If it's not as great as it used to be, then buffing something pertaining to it is better than leaving it alone.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    The Support Nanobots Challenge

    Mine is 17/20 as well so you're basically on the same boat as me in terms of damage. I get put with Legends of a number I don't know so they're bound to have M4s and such. Maybe since the ranks would be lower for you, you'd have a better shot.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.

    Did you purposefully skip the 4 buffs that came to 4 of its alterations and focused only on the one alteration that was nerfed? Incendiary Mix allows the Firebird to shoot for 10 seconds. That alteration needs a nerf as soon as possible.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    Hehe, that's not what that means. This is where the RU Wiki prevails over the EN Wiki. The energy consumption in sniping mode for Shaft is 250 units per second. That is 4 seconds of charging. That "Energy consumption sniping" parameter you see in the EN Wiki is the amount of energy that a confirmed sniping shot (a shot that has surpassed the minimum amount of charge to become sniping shot) will consume. That is why Shaft's energy depletes to 0 immediately after a half-charged sniping shot, 1/4-charged sniping shot, 1/3-charged sniping shot etc. The RU wiki has more in-depth explanations which makes some parameters' meanings less arbitrary or convergent.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.

    Should have clarified. It's the earliest M2 kit I was referring to. Because it's only 5 seconds of almost guaranteed vulnerability against the Railgun. I'm pretty sure you'd catch it without the 200% boost most of the time. And it's only one player out of 8 players. If my heavy hull allows me to withstand the barrages of Thunder, Smoky and Ricochet projectiles, then I wouldn't consider switching to a hull with less health just because one enemy has the power to one-shot me.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Supplies!

    It's still a risk I'm not willing to take. Doesn't make sense to have it.
×
×
  • Create New...