Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    I probably should have phrased that better. At the beginning of the battle, around where the photo was taken, he approached me with Unaltered Railgun + Viking and shot me once. My impact force was able to make him miss 3 of his next shots. I was on low health waiting for him to shoot me while I'm there driving in ovals trying to evade him for about 10 seconds. I then was able to shoot the wall in the picture and kill him with the splash damage with me surviving on 5% HP. he says "LAMO" there. We encountered each other in the same spot again with me coming out victorious because the guy didn't shoot me (possibly out of fear of me knocking off his aim), so I said "Are you afraid to challenge me or something" but my Caps lock was on. Then he spewed all that nonsense. Probably should have asked why he wasn't shooting me instead. I ignored him for the rest of the battle and then he said the last message. He saw hat as a 1 v 1 challenge in a PRO battle and not a challenge in MM battle.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    Sometimes Hunters' use their Overdrive empty-handed. Sometimes Vikings use their Overdrives empty-handed. Many times, my mammoth's Overdrive ended in my getting no ticks of damage on the enemy. Wasp gets more opportunities to use its Overdrive than every other hull. Why should they get a kill every time they drop it? This sounds something like getting a participation trophy for contributing a negligible amount to your team.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    Minimum and maximum sniping damage: -30% Sniping shots have a chance to deal 80% more damage This incorporates Smoky's critical hit mechanic into Gauss' sniping shots. They deal lower damage overall but each shot has an accumulative chance to deal 80% more damage in both ranges. M4 Gauss decreased damage: 924-1519 M4 Gauss increased damage: 1755-2886 The % chance accumulated for each shot is: M0: 15% M1: 16.21% M2: 17.03% M3: 18.49% M4: 20% Initial % (after spawning): 0% Minimal critical %: M0: -20% M1: -22% M2: -23.1% M3: -24.94% M4: -26%
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    It should increase if anything. Give it more incentive to use its special ability. An alteration like that would have been the first thing I would think of for a turret like Ricochet.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    Does the Light Capacitors alteration for Shaft need any more advantages?
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    Yeah, that's a completely different turret.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    Having an alteration be unlocked at a higher ranks such as - wouldn't guarantee that the lower modifications wouldn't be in use. is still 2 ranks before , so that would be M2 turrets being used with it, either M2 0/10, M2 10/10 or anywhere in between. With the current economy, it's not unlikely to see players with upgraded equipment, so you'd mostly see Gausses that are close to 10/10 with it. Since M2 Gauss unlocks at , it is likely that players who bought the turret at a rank of around or would start upgrading it. They are playing against those ranks and the reload time increase, corresponding with the protection against Firebird as well as the HP of the hulls around that range of ranks should be balanced. Incendiary alterations don't have a high unlock-rank.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    I hope so. It was in the Test Server this morning so maybe they tweaked it there. Maybe. The evidence is also in the RD Railguns I face in the real servers in the M2/3 ranks. Back when it was a 90% increase in the maximum damage, the average damage for an M4 RD Railgun was 1,520. And it stayed like that for 4 months. Many "best" alteration videos had it and their RTL montages had them using that a lot. Something was clearly wrong with it. Even in the M2 ranks, they just pissed on any poor tanker in their sight. I have a screenshot of a battle with a Wasp + RD Railgun back when it was 90%. I had to fight harrrrd to try to beat that guy but still ended up losing I think, because he just kept getting kills every shot.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    The latter. M4 Stock Railgun damage distribution: Unlucky | Lucky 800 1,200 1,600 M4 RD Railgun damage distribution: Unlucky | Lucky 1 1,360.5 2720
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    Well boys, they did it. It will now take even longer to finish "Obtain x score in DM battles" missions.
  11. It's more accurate to say "accounts" than "players".
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Ricochet!

    Beserk with Viking's Overdrive is the same as Stock Ricochet with Viking's Overdrive. The ones that change with Viking's Overdrive are: Minus-Field Stabilisation: It fires less projectiles than Stock Ricochet but they travel further. Plasma Torch: Does absolutely nothing to the firing rate or the projectile speed. If you're using this with Viking, it just acts as an instant refill of your energy bar.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    Every time I play with Electromagnetic Accelerator "Scout", I contemplate whether or not should have bought Round Desatbiisation instead. I would notice that the RD Railguns I go up against would get many kills in a row, or deal insane damage to an ally or enemy. I went on the Test Server and was trying out "Death Herald" Compulsator and couldn't really kill medium hulls because I needed very lucky shots and the damage I was getting was around the average damage, 1,200. I then decided to switch to RD and boy, did I dominate. I was one-shotting Hornets left and right (expected). But I was also one-shotting medium hulls most of the time. Heck, I one-shotted a heavy hull 4 times. After playing many battles, only twice did my damage ever dip below 800. Every other shot did more than 800 damage. I wanted to see why Round Destabilisation usage increased in the Legend Ranks because I started to encounter less LCR Railguns up there. It could be that they changed the damage distribution but that is skeptical. Seeing that I got 100,000 crystals from a container, I could buy it but I feel like I'd be disappointed, even though the Test Server says otherwise. Who know? Maybe the tweaked the damage distribution for the Test Server alone. That still doesn't explain the spike in RD usage in Legend battles. That doesn't make sense to me, tbh. LCR can be a bit more relaxed against unprotected light hulls since they can one-shot them on equal footing. I've seen them take away 90% of my M2.6 Dictator's HP when I had double armour enabled.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Ricochet!

    I see a few in Legend battle. Most Ricochets I encounter are either Stock or Minus-Field Stabilisation Ricochets. Beserk usage has gone up since the buff.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Juggernaut

    Oh yes, another Juggernaut mishap: I was waiting until my tank spawned when the guy who was put as the Juggernaut at the start of the battle plopped down, then immediately did a backwards wheelie, then went back on the ground, then flew into the wall until someone came and killed him. You know how Mammoths and Titans look when they're just enough away from the epicentre of a Wasp's bomb and they kind of do a wheelie or an endo form the impact force? yeah, it looked exactly like that.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    Well, keep in mind that you're technically dealing more damage with this alteration than Stock Gauss. The afterburn isn't instant. In order to deal the extra damage, 3 seconds must pass. if it deals extra damage then it has to have a slower reload. The reload increase of the special shot is good enough. M4 Stock Gauss reloads in 3.2 seconds while an M4 Gauss with your alteration reloads in 4. Not really a considerable increase. However, the gap between Stock Gauss' reload and Altered Gauss' reload becomes larger as you go down the tiers M3 all the way to M0. You may think that may be bad and should warrant a decrease in the reload time, but you must also consider the fact that afterburn damage is a fixed number throughout all tiers. The lower tiers have less % Firebird protection which would make them less protected against the afterburn. And if they don't have protection against Firebird, then the afterburn damage would take off more HP off of them than it would for M4 hulls as M4 hulls have more HP to withstand the afterburn damage. I think it's perfect for now in reflection of the games balance throughout all tiers.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    It may be fixed but it isn't perfect. You ever been in a tense situation where you need this shot to take out the enemy defense or incoming push, then someone bumps into you, pouts you on top of them then you self-destruct 1 second later? You ever just activate your Viking's Overdrive then an ally who was running away from someone slips under you and you self-destruct no less than 2 seconds into your Viking's Overdrive? I've seen that happen to someone .
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Ricochet!

    This apparently also happens with heavy Plasmagun for Twins. Have you ever noticed sometimes that when a Ricochet is shooting at your tank that is perpendicular to the Ricochet, the shots, on your screen, would miss you totally but you still receive damage? That's basically here but reversed. Ricochet's projectile speed is relatively quick. So it gets to the players fast enough for the servers to notice the objective contact and allow you to do damage. On the Ricochet's screen, they see that they're hitting you, yet on your screen, you see that the projectiles are completely missing you. When you slow these projectiles down, it adds much more space for it to miss their targets. Try doing this with plasma Torch on a target driving perpendicular to you and you'd see that some of your shots impact them yet deal no damage, because it didn't really impact them on the server. I've noticed many times where my Striker's missiles would impact the enemy on my screen yet deal no damage. I would know that to the server, those missiles didn't actually hit the enemy. Slowing the projectiles runs the risk of you not landing a lot of your shots on the server. It's more meant for a melee-type approach since the closer you are, the less this problem will occur for Ricochet.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Multwatch

    Yes, was going to explain this in the Let's Discuss Ricochet thread but got distracted since.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    It wouldn't mean that all players would use Wasp, but it would be the lazy person's choice in hull for the most score with the least effort. It gets 20% more Overdrive charge for actions and its recharge rate is 1% per second. You will be getting many bombs in a single battle and if you do many actions, you will get many more bombs. You're assuming that the Wasp itself doesn't have double armours. Wasps can survive as I've seen them do in Legend battles. They have more options for survival in the form of drones and powerful alterations to fend off enemies. Ah, but you see, Wasp can get its second bomb by the time the Titan gets its first dome. At the start of the battle, how is the Titan going to use its Overdrive against a bomb when it only has 50% charge? It can't do anything but die and it's futile to even try to get out of the radius because the radius is larger than the distance your Titan can span in 3 seconds assuming that it was already at full speed when the bomb was planted. With a 2x range increase, it makes no sense being a Mammoth when there are more than 2 Wasps on the enemy team. Your Overdrive is already short and you could be 49 metres away from the bomb yet your Overdrive suddenly deactivates. This is a big nerf to Mammoth's Overdrive. Wasps have low Hp which gives easy kills...which are rewarded very well in MM battles. But Wasps aren't the only players on the team. there are 7 other players and the 7 allies can't just focus on the Wasp. There is action all over. Hunters can die to the bomb before they even get in range to use their Overdrive. I assure you that many Wasps will become even more brainless if this was implemented, and they will be rewarded fruitfully for their "hard work". heck, even an M0 Wasp with speed boost can't escape it. 50 metres is too far.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    I've experienced this on all hulls.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    Where there is a disease... There is a cure (hopefully). What this would do is put more value on Hunter and Titan's Overdrives. Putting more value on them is also putting more pressure on them to make tough decisions at breakneck speeds. Given Wasp's recharge rate, it'll be too powerful. You might want to scale back the range to maybe 35 metres at most.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Multwatch

    Usually play around 100 now. Stays at 100 most of the time but occasionally fluctuates from 90-120.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Test Server Watch

    There are no differences in the parameters for the turrets and hulls, as well the drones. The Overdrive recharge times are the same as it is on the real servers. Perhaps it's a change in the parameter changes of the alterations.
  25. TheCongoSpider

    Challenge and War delayed by 24hrs

    M3 Gauss looks good enough for me tbh. But if I had the time, I might have tried going for it.
×
×
  • Create New...