-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
I can actually see this working.
-
3,500x Crystals x 2 125x Double Damages x 2 125x Mines x 2 Hive Paint
-
Arghh. I totally forgot I was close to ranking. Rank up container rewards: 125x Mines 125x Double Damages x 2 3,500x Crystals
-
Anything incendiary needs to have a decrease in damage.
-
Some context: I was going after a Wasp that took our flag and then it captured it as I reach inside their base. I didn't realise Mr_K.R.O.S.S and two others, namely a Titan with its Overdrive ready, were behind me. Mr_K.R.O.S.S was blocking me trying to get out and I was under fire by 3 Railguns - two Scouts and one Large Calibre Rounds. The Titan (I think it was konek-gorbynek) had its Overdrive ready and didn't use it while we were all under fire. The guy wasn't even lagging or anything and there weren't even any Hunters around. Then when we all died, Mr_K.R.O.S.S asks me if I'm a noob.
-
Ah, I see. I thought I was clear enough when I said "if the criterion 'must be on the winning team' was removed". I think Riddler read it without the quotation marks.
-
What? This applies to both teams, regardless of the outcome. The top 2 players on each team would receive a point towards the mission. Keeping it at 3 is lenient since being on the winning is a major gamble. If you remove that gamble and reward more players (in this case, the losing team as well), the number of players on each team that would get the point would need to be decreased. If anything, I increased it. Currently, only 3 players (assuming that they all have different scores at the end) can put a point towards completing the mission. With setting it to the Top 2 on both teams, that number increases to 4.
-
Sorry for the confusion. Those are just containers I saved to open after I rank.
-
If the criterion "must be on the winning team" is removed, then it needs to be set to the Top 2 places, to keep the difficulty.
-
Rank up containers:
-
Adding a colon between the words should sum up its intended meaning. If Titan's Overdrive no longer heals, then it doesn't make much sense using Titan in DM.
-
It's worse when one of them is a "Scout" Railgun, or both.
-
Me? The first time I played was in 2013 but you can more or less say I started in 2014.
-
lel. Remember that Dictators receive 20% more Overdrive charge for actions than 5 other hulls. 1 kill = 10% charge for them while it's 8% for everyone else and 7% for Viking. 50% charge for capturing a CTF flag and Rugby ball while the others get 40%. Dictator more or less has a mini Driver Drone with it at all times and it activates when it kills, assists in kills, captures objectives etc. So even with a decreased Overdrive charging rate, it can get around that using its heightened Overdrive charge reward system.
-
It needs a powerful turret. On that is able to one-shot the enemy easily or 2-shot them quickly, like Shaft, Magnum, altered Railguns, Slegdehammer Thunder, Duplet Hammer and Gauss.
-
Pretty sure Magnum can as well, since it has no auto-aim. Not sure about Firebird and Freeze though.
-
Between Magnum and Gauss, go with Magnum. The numbers have increased in Legend battles. The number has died down just a bit these days but they are prevalent. Maybe 1-2 per team. Sometimes, even 4 per team. There is always a Compact Tanks or an Incendiary Mix Firebird in my battles, whether it be on my team or the enemy team. They kill my Hornet in about 1.5 seconds so I don't think Firebird protection would really help me out when they get me to maximum temperature in less than 2 seconds. The joys of having a fixed number throughout all tiers. It will be powerful for one tier and shruggable for another. Compact Tanks is still the most encountered Firebird alteration I see. 300 damage per second for me is no laughing matter (since I don't own Firebird protection on this account). And it's worse when they have Compact Tanks because they're making sure you're dealt at least 12 ticks of afterburn damage as they get you to maximum temperature very quickly. An M4 Hornet has 2,000 HP. A Stock Firebird requires 2 seconds to get the Hornet to maximum temperature. after 2 seconds, the Hornet has lost 1,700 HP, and will die in the next second (or 0.5 seconds if you look at it more realistically). Now if that Hornet had double armour now, then (I'm assuming it'll take 3 seconds to reach to maximum temperature with Firebird now) the Firebird would deal 1,350 damage to the Hornet, and then 8-10 seconds of afterburn which would kill it. Compact Tanks heats them faster and allows security that the target is at 100% maximum temperature. All of that is if you're alone. It's an 8 v 8 with various terrains and various turrets with various ranges. Maybe you'd say, "There is a repiar kit for that". Butin the heat of battling a Compact Tanks Firebird and another enemy, it's almost impossible to concentrate on when to time your Repair Kit to completely heal you or heal as much as possible. Any damage stops the healing process. That damage could have been the direct damage tick of the Firebird. Or it could have been an afterburn tick. That's only the Firebird alone, remember, you have another enemy shooting at you, and with a random turret, you'd just have to sacrifice it and get back 1,150 HP when you maybe could have gotten a bit more if you waited. But waiting can also seal your fate. So it's rather demanding and needs concentration and situational awareness. Getting rid of your enemies' repair kits as earl as possible is vital, even if you really want those kills for stats for the Challenges. Compact Tanks more or less forces them to use their repair kit at some point in heating (unless you have both double armour and max-levelled Fox module). So when that repair kit is used, you're open to their teammates offensive. Just spraying a group for 2 seconds is enough to break down their defenses. This applies to all ranks that are either above or ranks that are put in battles with ranks or higher. But in the lower ranks, it's just really frustrating. That with Hornet's Overdrive wrecks. That dismantles enemy defenses if you flank them with it. I'm accustomed to using Hornet now and Sledgehammer Thunder would be very useful a lot of the times when I have my Overdrive ready.
-
category Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!
TheCongoSpider replied to Ilia.ArchangeI in Ideas and Suggestions
I agree with @wolverine848. Splash damage can potentially make you self-destruct. But with that power, you can take down multiple enemies with one shot. So with the benefit of multiple kills with one shot, comes to detriment of accidentally destroying yourself. If you don't want yourself to be destroyed, disable the splash damage using any available alteration. Twins players already get around this by using Stable Plasma. There we go. The main benefit of using a splash damage turret with Viking's Overdrive. You're able to take down groups of enemies much quicker than, say, a Smoky. You can take down groups much quicker than a Vulcan, or a Shaft, or a Ricochet. Mammoth being invincible isn't the work of the turret that is welded onto it. All the Overdrive does is make it invincible for 5 seconds (or less, if there is a Wasp bomb around) and severely damage any player that comes close to it. Nothing similar about self-destructing with a splash damage turret during the Overdrive. That is one of my interpretations of what you said. My other interpretation is saying that "Mammoth's Overdrive makes it immune to any damage so why can't Viking do the same". Well, Viking's Overdrive increases the damage by 2x for ranged turrets and 3x for melee turrets. Add double damage and the damage increases by another 50%. And then you have the increased firing rate. They serve different purposes. The Mammoth can shoot the turret maybe 2-4 times during those 5 seconds of invincibility and all of that damage is either normal or 2x with double damage. Viking shoots many times in just 7 seconds so 5 seconds is still a lot of ammo being thrown at the enemy. Which has a natural 2x damage increase which is double damage in itself. it would be quite unfair if self-damage was disabled when splash damage isn't. Best way to counter it is either using protection against the splash-damage turret you're using or equipping an available alteration that disables it. -
ASL on the red team. In those maps where the blue team has to stay in their base to fend off attacks, Gauss can obliterate them.
-
Probably should have put a semicolon after that sentence. :lol:
-
Legend battles?
-
30% should be good.
-
I encountered something rather interesting yesterday. In a Parma CTF battle, there was a Uranium Striker + Wasp. He was a nuisance but tolerable. Coming around to the end of the battle, a teammate with Hornet Railgun was tackling it head-on while I was approaching them from a mediocre distance. I saw the Striker shoot the missile. i saw the missile impact the Hornet (his Hornet's front lifted up in the air very noticeably) and I just died out of nowhere. I look at the killfeed and saw that I died apparently from a missile from that guy. So what happened here? On my screen, the missile impacted my ally. Physically, noticeably. There was no lag where it impacted and then a few frames later, back to a frontal, stable position. it was all smooth as if it actually happened. Yes, the missile somehow flew through the player (from my perspective) and hit me. It makes me wonder how things look on other players' screens. Here is another one. I can't find the screenshot but I'll display what happened through these. A Wasp dropped a bomb around where the nuclear energy drop marker is. I was like this: The guy was where the Magnum projectile crater is, like this: The guy wasn't even close to touching me, yet when he died form the bomb, he told me "noob magnum hornet". So I'm wondering if this guy just decided to blame me for his death, when I had nothing to do it with, or if on his screen, I was actually blocking him while he was nowhere near me on my screen.
-
I was surpirsed. many minutes into the battle, all I kept seeing were Vikings. Until i actually counted it, and there were at least 10 Vikings in this battle: I had thought that the entire enemy team was Vikings, which would make that a first time occurrence for me, but nope. They had 7 Vikings and a Titan. I saw 3 Vikings on my team so that's 10 Vikings in the battle. I believe my team had 7 players before the battle ended, so 67% of the hulls in that battle were Vikings. 10 out of 15. Very interesting. That is 7 Viking Overdrives to be wary of. 7 Overdrives that could have popped at any time.
Jump to content










































































