Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 135
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    96

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Brawl Stars

    I used to play it, I don't have a device to anymore. I remember unlocking new brawlers and thinking that each new brawler I received was OP. I then settled for Nita and Barley. After a while I got Jessie and mained her as well as Nita. I think I stopped at 1,800 trophies. The last day I played, I got Piper from a chest (didn't want her) and I was able to get 60 trophies with a Power 1 Piper against power 4s and even 7s.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    How exactly is the speed calculated? Is it additive? Multiplicative? If it is multiplicative, when you activate Mammoth's Overdrive, does the 30% increase come from the Mammoth's top speed itself, or the Mammoth's top speed + the speed boost it has activated?
  3. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    it was really to show that despite constantly telling us to capture the points, he came dead last with 15 deaths and 0 kills. I'd go easy on him and say that he was extremely laggy or something and wanted to support the team in his time of trial.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    He didn't post it all at once. He posted it throughout the 5-minute battle.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I prioritise the slower-charging Overdrives because of just that, it charges slowly, espeically Viking's Overdrive. If after 1 minute, I have my Overdrive and an ally Hunter doesn't, I'd use it on one of my allies that are using a slower-charging Overdrive. That Hunter's charge is most likely above 80%. Viking's Overdrive is such a game changer when there are many on one team. So if you give your Vikings as many Overdrives as possible, it can potentially trigger teamwipes (from all ranges) and allow your team to capture more flags, RGB balls etc. Two problems I see with that. 1) They would be getting most if not all of the score from the teamwipe 2) Some Vikings may feel entitled to Dictator's Overdrives if they see Dictators coming towards them to use it. If you signal me with your turret, there is a high chance I'll use it on you. It's kind of infuriating when a Hornet is constantly shooting me for my Overdrive when they have theirs ready. They could activate it and I can give them 50% charge on the spot so if they get 4 kills, they can have a next one ready by the end of it but nope. I've had a battle like that where a Dictator was the only hull i could share it with, I and the first place guy (he was using Round Destabilisation). We shared Overdrives throughout the battle, sadly, he ended up getting Shafted 3 times. As you can see, there is clearly some worth using it if so many use it.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    When playing with Dictator, if I have my Overdrive, I try to prioritise Hornets, Vikings and Titans. Hornets because their Overdrive allows the team insight on the enemy locations earlier and Viking and Titans because of their slow charging rate. Using it on a Viking shaves off 3 minutes of charging for them. And, it can make for beneficial teamwipes to capture flags, Rugby balls etc. I gave Hikki (the Viking + Sledgehammer Thunder on the right of the screenshot) 3 Overdrives. Dictators are very important to a team. Since Overdrives basically govern who wins and who loses, giving allies as many as possible can give your team a good chance of winning or fending off pushes or even counter-attacking. Different situations, maps, enemy and ally combinations etc all come together to determine who I give my Overdrive to. Some people want it on the spot when I'm trying to get to 2 other allies that are at the other side of the base. I don't see a noticeable decrease in number the higher I go.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    [Merge] Wasp's bomb OD is just too much...gotta nerf it

    The number of kills the bombs get matters since you gain Overdrive charge from them. Wasp gains ~10% charge per kill so if you end up killing 4 enemies, that's !40% of your Overdrive already charged. My Hornet get's one-shotted by LCR and RD Railguns if I don't have protection. And those two are the most used Railgun alterations up there. But since the lower ranks don't have that. they have more survivability.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Perhaps that explains why my % charge goes to 21% after getting two bomb kills with Wasp. Wasp's Overdrive, if increasing 1 by 1 and not 4-5% chunks like the others, should get about 1% charge every second. So those two seconds while the bomb is ticking would add 2% + 19% with the system. I had to play more battles to make sure because sometimes, my Viking's Overdrive charge would increase by 2-3% chunks instead of 1 by 1. So I have to constantly look at charge meter so when as it turns to the next number, I would shot the projectile to kill them. That resulted in many failed attempts. I wonder how I looked on the enemy screen.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    It is done. I have reached Generalissimo. After thinking that I wouldn't reach Marshal, I have reached Generalissimo. Truly is sad to see my Commander insignia gone now. Rank up Containers:
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Your Opinion about tanki

    No. It can be similar to all-Legend battles but everyone has upgraded equipment and/or drones, which you won't see every Legend in the all-Legend battle having. And then there is the feeling of playing on the Test Server. It doesn't really matter so you're in a different mood and mindset for playing in the Test Server than for the real servers where it matters.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports [Closed]

    His message still came across clear enough to be understood.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    Played some battles using RGC Magnum with Viking and it seems to be a perfect fit for short-mid range shots. It almost never slightly flies over the enemies' heads. I'd still rather use it with Hornet.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    [Merge] Wasp's bomb OD is just too much...gotta nerf it

    Why did you post this?
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    UPDATED It was really hard to focus on the % charge at the time and after the kill, but after 6 battles, I have enough proof that the charge for a kill is 7% and the charge for an assist is either 2 or 3%. I see instances or 2% increases and I see instances of 3% increases. So Viking has the slowest charge rate and possibly the least % charge awarded to them for actions such as killing, assisting in kills, capturing flags etc.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Vulcan!

    After thinking for a bit, I realised the other day that if only Incendiary Band Vulcans received the overheating damage nerf, then it would be very unfair for them. I can see where keeping balance between the Vulcans prompted all of them to receive it. Here's the problem though, the way they worded the problem in the V-Log. 'With this update, Vulcan players will love us...a bit less now. Now after overheating, the Vulcan will only deal a third of its damage. The point here is HOW the turret was being used. The self-damage from the overheating was intended to be a warning to the tanker, 'Slow down hotshot. We know you wanna get that flag bearer, but stop firing for a moment.' At least, that was the theory behind it. But in practice, if you were using a heavy hull with Firebird resistance, and getting constantly healed by an Isida, you can virtually keep firing without ever stopping. This update forces players to control overheating, while also reducing sustained firing time." Now, back when Incendiary Band Vulcan didn't have the overheating damage decrease, it was the only Vulcan that gained something from overheating. Suffering 300 damage per second with the other Vulcans were very undesirable. The only Vulcans you would be see doing that is Incendiary Band Vulcans. They worded it as if it were non-Incendiary Band Vulcans doing it as well. I'm guessing they phrased it like that so that they can support the mass overheating damage nerf. At least adress the Incendiary band problem and then explain why the nerf extends to the other Vulcans. At most, you could have said "for balance reasons".
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Downtime for maintenance

    It happens every 2-4 battles for me, 5 if it's feeling generous. AFter that error, I only have maybe 30 seconds before the client freezes for itself and stops responding. So it's like a Death Countdown. Other times, it could come when I shoot a guy with magnum at melee range and my screen freezes as well as stops responding. Sometimes, it comes when I load into the battle and I see the capture point flying all over my screen with my white background (I have the skybox disabled at all times).
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    From what I understand, in this update, they took away that retainment ability from Wasp. I know that Hornet has a very generous period of retainment. I don't think Titan has any. Unless it is a big map it is playing in, it wouldn't need it. Viking has a tight window from my experience, I'm not sure about Mammoth. Given what it does, I think it's impossible to happen since it ignores all damage as it is activated. Edit: Oh, and something to note, Hornet has a very small window at the start of the Overdrive where if you die (most if not all times, it's from me self-destructing) you get no Overdrive charge retainment. It goes straight to 0.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Dictator has a very tight window of Overdrive charge retainment. I first noticed this when I was playing a 3-player DM battle. I killed the player right as he used his Overdrive. He then spawned and had it within a matter of seconds. Then yesterday, in a Wolfensteing ASL battle, A red-team Wasp entered our base and dropped a bomb. I saw the timer right next to me and I used this as the perfect opportunity to test it. I activated it right before it exploded. I saw myself and the Titan next to me receive supplies and the repair kit but we died to the bomb. While respawning, I looked at my Overdrive charge meter and it was on 96%. I then respawned and gave the same Titan another Overdrive and he got his dome ready. I'll just bring this to light. Overdrives run battles these days. I might as well give them as much as possible under dire circumstances. I'll see how large this window of charge retainment is.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Thank you kind stranger, for pointing that out to me. :)
  20. Hey, uhhh, Viking? I'm not sure if it's possible for you to do it in the near future but can you change some of the % charge given for particular actions? Wasp and Dictator: Receive 10% charge for a kill while the others receive 8% Receive 5% charge for an assist while the others receive 4% Receive 50% charge for capturing a CTF flag while the others receive 40%. Receive 30% charge for capturing an ASL flag while the others receive 24%. I didn't look too closely at neutralising a capture point (it looked like 6 or 7%) but capturing the point gives 10% charge to them while the others receive 8%. So from what I'm seeing, Wasp and Dictator receive 20% more charge for accomplishing external tasks than the others do. It would be beneficial to include that.
  21. Hmm, strange indeed. The only other explanations I can think of are him using his Viking's Overdrive when he was about to shoot you. I haven't tried it myself so I don't know what happens when you activate Viking's Overdrive while in sniping mode. Or the guy happened to be using Heavy Capacitors, you were injured, and he took down 86% of your HP making it look like a one-shot that shouldn't have happened.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Missions!

    The blue team won.
  23. You know, it could have been an Overdriven Hornet that shot you. It could have been a Shaft with the Booster Drone that shot you. This is assuming that you were at full HP when this Shaft shot you. If the Shaft was M4, had Heavy Capacitors and double damage activated, that could have taken away 86% of your HP.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    TANKOINS - New Currency!

    A portmanteau word or a pun seems like the simplest you can get.
×
×
  • Create New...