-
Posts
6 068 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
9
Everything posted by GoldRock
-
That's actually not such a bad idea... I'll try that next time, lol.
-
I think he has left for good, although he could always return sometime in the future. If that happens, I'm sure the staff will welcome him back with open arms ^_^
-
If I do that, it will be much harder for the people who asked the questions to find the answers they're looking for.
-
Well, you're not super famous - but you're known for your Duelist topic, apparently. Oh, and also for your 20 posts in Real Photo, which far outnumbers the number made by everyone else :P I'm planning to enter that contest with someone else, and we're aiming to do a professional job of it. How to create an M2 clan. You would also have to collect members, either in-game through the battle chats, or through forum PM or Skype. Actually, there's no requirement for the equipment needed for M2 clans. You just need 8 members, and leader has to be Warrant Officer 1 or above. Well, there's no requirements for assembling informal groups of friends, lol - there are already a lot of those on Skype. Put simply: "the origin of a word and the historical development of its meaning". Thanks! No, I didn't get to pick - I got the commentator one first this time, so I guess I'll be keeping that one. In the past, when I wasn't a commentator and was a Reporter, I've had the Press avatar instead ^_^ To be honest, I didn't, Congrats! Already been following that inspirational guide ever since its creation. So yes, I do plan to continue doing so! I prefer alternative rock, though I actually like a variety of music genres, including pop, rock, and classical. Metal isn't quite my thing, lol. Sort of. I guess that post could be argued to be a bump, because it did bump this topic up the list of topics in the section. Try reading this newspaper article for tips: Maximizing Crystal Income. Good luck! Indeed. Well yeah, pretty much. Though not necessarily in a good way :P I have no idea. I don't think so... Again, I don't think so... No, even though it's probably true k. Send a PM to , the Cybersport moderator, and he should be able to get that sorted for you. Something you don't have. His username indicates that he's A predator, at least - though I'm not sure we can claim ownership over said predator. It's tempting, but not yet xD It was because your consistent attempts to make that topic over and over were getting a bit annoying. I wasn't exactly surprised that you'd copied the content of that topic, lol. No, not particularly - I actually quite like it! I'm not. I think you've mistaken me for @Fen-Harel, he's the real nug. The grandson will call the nephew his 'first cousin once removed', as the nephew would be one of the grandson's parents' first cousin. The nephew would call John his 'uncle', as John would be his aunt's spouse. Decidedly not! Well, you really do have to wait for applications to open before you can get in. An experienced administrator expressed an interest to us to join, for example, but applications were closed (and still are) so we didn't make an exception in this case. No-one can join TFP unless applications are open! Also, Skype would be pretty necessary for TFP, too - we organise most of our parkour activities on there. My favourite sport is probably table tennis, followed by swimming and volleyball (though I hardly play the latter sport). No, he's not a moderator - and looking at his post history, I highly doubt he is the alternative account of a moderator, either. Yes, I am, and I've just done so ^_^
-
IF informed the whole staff team about his departure, it was no secret to us and he left some time ago. It was sad to see him go >.<
-
All Reporters get to see the applications submitted, and can chip in their thoughts on them, which helps Conan and Lham to make a final decision on who to recruit. Spoken interviews are no longer used in the Reporter application process, so no - you wouldn't need to do anything of the sort anymore. Whatever you say. And at the moment, we're filled up with enough fresh talent for the foreseeable future - we don't often open applications on occasions which are a month or two from each other, but we decided to do so this time due to some departures from the newspaper team.
-
SportsKing700, you applied. It wasn't a bad application at all, it's just that the competition was very fierce this time round, and we had a whole host of good quality applications to choose from. You can put forth excuses if you wish, but they're not that hard to see through. I'm not sure why you're doing that - it indicates a lack of maturity, as not being successful is not a reason to make things up. This is the third time Remaine applied, he did not have to make up excuses when he wasn't accepted the first two times for various reasons. Try, try, and try again! :) You probably didn't notice me when I was WO4 because that was all the way back in May/June 2013, or thereabouts. Also, we were able to assess the maturity of candidates through what they wrote in their applications, as well as through past actions on the forum/in-game. When I first applied, there were more stages - you had to get selected from your written application, I think some also had to submit another example piece too, and then finally go through a spoken interview with Conan. The application process is less strenuous now, making it easier for players to get the opportunity to join the team whilst still being able to effectively assess their maturity and ability.
-
Don't worry, the application process is there for a reason. The application process was tough, but their writing was top-notch, and they managed to see off the competition from many higher ranked candidates. I was a Warrant Officer 4 when I joined the Reporter team. Age is hardly an important factor, too. All that really matters is your maturity (i.e. whether you are mature enough to represent the staff), your game knowledge and community activity (this should at least be decent), and most importantly, your writing ability. If you excel in the last area but others discourage you from trying to apply because 'your rank is too low' or 'you're too young', then don't worry - you'll have the last laugh! ^_^
-
The third accepted newspaper Reporter is @Thekillerpenguin. Congrats @Remaine, @Kevred and @Thekillerpenguin!
-
^I can confirm that hog is a big hacker, both at typing and at piano. He even uses all 10 fingers when typing... Just goes to show you should never trust chicken consuming pigs, folks!
-
The development could obviously make a video by themselves if they wanted to. The point of this contest is not to get players to 'do all the hard work', it's to encourage them to become more aware about the update whilst having the chance to be creative and win big prizes in the process. You do not need to explain 'how useful' smart cooldowns are compared to the old version of supplies - all you need to do is explain how to use them effectively, using your own unique tactics/strategies. It's not meant to be a propaganda campaign, it's just to get players more involved in the update itself. Hope you understand ^_^
-
Argh, lost £5... How to be trolled by a bus journey >.< Jokes aside, please PM your reply to me though or it may be removed if posted here, because this isn't really on-topic anymore. I'm looking forward to reading it, and thanks for your initial feedback regardless ^_^
-
Yes, she could have phrased it in a way which was a little bit more 'sugarcoated'. But your claim is completely arbitrary to what we can see here - if Mia cares only about herself, then why on earth does this topic exist? You think Mia gains anything from spending her time and efforts taking pics of photoshoots and rank-ups for others? No, she doesn't. @mohammed1238 himself seemed to have no problem with Mia's request, and that's who it was addressed to. Frankly, it doesn't actually concern you. I've noticed you seem to enjoy coming here on your alt and derailing the actual discussion topic. I do not see the need to use an alt if you have nothing to hide. And I think I will use harsh language here, and point out that criticising someone for not saying their pleases and thank yous on one occasion, whilst they are making an effort to provide such a service to the community, is a pretty pathetic use of your time... Returning to your first post, you point out that Mia wasn't particularly polite, at the same time as you claim: You did make a fair point - she could have phrased what she said in a more polite way, and that is true - but you do not appear to practise what you preach, to say the least. If you'd made such feedback in a more polite way, then I'm sure Mia would have been more willing to take it on board. As it is, that just made it sound like you're criticising for the sake of criticising (on top of your previous comments in this thread), which is never a good impression to make.
-
Awesome stuff, especially that Viking sale!
-
Parkour with TFP/TAP members and others. ~~> Album
-
Well, it seemed that both accounts had been used to make posts admiring Wasp combinations :P Apart from that, I just had this gut feeling that it was probably you... Vaguely amusing, though not overly so. 'Potatoe' is indeed the correct spelling of the word which represents a starchy tuberous crop, as a former US vice-president famously pointed out during a school spelling bee. Sorry, that wasn't a question, so there wasn't really any answer I could provide... Also, it was the wrong place to make such a post. Try posting sending such feedback to the chat moderator admin, , next time :) Not particularly... Because it's English, and many similar words actually don't have much of a pattern, since the etymology of those words would've come from different places or languages at different times. This is why English spelling is understandably difficult for anyone to master. You can also check out the relevant answer I provided to davinson's question, if you wish ^_^ It goes away after every month, unless a staff member earns it for the next month too, lol. It's a good incentive for us to work our hardest in helping the community! Thanks! Well, I didn't actually ask for anything from my parents this time round, though I may do so over the next few days ^_^ Thanks Heather :rolleyes: I actually agree with the suggestion Faaiq made here - Lost Temple could be a great map choice, if you use it to rank up in an inventive and/or dramatic way! You could also try Magistral, or maybe maps such as Massacre or Madness. Thanks, guys!
-
It's back! Well, I'm going to have to refresh my knowledge in this area a little... Which discussion area shall we move onto now?
-
"Does 99% of the work"... Group projects can be bad, unless you can choose to go with people who'd actually do stuff.
-
Just to clarify, does this mean you have to capture a flag from both sides of a map (i.e. in two different battle scenarios in opposite teams of the same map), which would therefore take up to 2 minutes in total? Therefore, should the desired video length be around 12 minutes in total (5+5+2), unless I've misinterpreted here? Actually, the topic never says that all the dares have to be shown being completed in their entirety. Does this mean we could just take short clips of us completing each dare and use those, and is this why the recommended video length is no longer than 5 minutes? If so, how are we meant to prove that we actually did complete the dares?
-
Sounds great, will definitely try and enter ^_^
-
Thanks all, and thanks to everyone who wished me Happy Birthday on Skype too - I really appreciate it! ^_^ And happy birthday to Mitterpach and K.I.N.G, too :P
-
Contest [Issue 27] Can you Contribute to Tanki's Finest News Source?
GoldRock replied to GoldRock in Newspaper Archive
Jump to content


































































