Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

GoldRock

Tanker
  • Posts

    6 068
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by GoldRock

  1. GoldRock

    [TFP] The Flying Parkourists

    When it says applications are closed, it means applications are closed. If some of the best parkourists in the history of the game were to suddenly apply, we would turn them away. We don't make exceptions. We know that our true members would respect this. Anyone who is continuing to apply now has just dramatically lessened their chances of being able to join.
  2. No, I used the right word. Look up what 'prowess' means.
  3. Guys! Highlight the text in the first post - I found this: It looks like it provides a link to that 'HALLOWEEN' video...
  4. GoldRock

    I'm Back... Once Again.....

    Oh no... Not you again :P The supplies system got changed with the 'Smart Cooldowns' update: http://en.tankiforum.com/index.php?showtopic=223515
  5. If you want to know why people haven't reacted well to this, I think the fundamental problem here is the whole concept itself.
  6. This article is highly impressive, thought-provoking and a must-read IMO. I agree with pretty much every point there, though there are a couple which I would personally class as 'situational': Suspending play, on some occasions, is often the fairest way to do things. I would particularly raise the example of XP battles. In such contests, having an equal number of players to your opponents is practically vital for success (unless your opponents are really that bad), simply because of the nature of such a game-mode, Having an equal number of players is central to these XP battles, else it will hardly be a challenging, fun or fair contest. However, I agree that in a normal battle, play should not be stopped for the sake of one player leaving. After all, it makes sense to call your friends or clan mates to a drug war to fight together - this is hardly unfair, and so I agree that not stopping play for the sake of one opponent departing from the enemy team is also perfectly acceptable. All's fair in love and war, after all! _______________ However, under the same logic, tactics are very important. What if you have an opportunity to run into an empty base and steal the flag away whilst your team mate desperately tries to hold off a single opponent? In this case, you should use your tactical advantage - and your team-mate should not blame you for doing so. After all, you're only doing what's best for the team. Prioritisation is the key here - if the situation isn't pressing, then slowing down and assisting your team mate is surely the better moral action. But slowing down when a tactical opportunity presents itself? I think not! A team mate should understand why you wouldn't choose to do so, as you're fighting for the team as well as its members. 'Situational ethics', eh? I have to disagree with that thought. This, to me, seems to be an opinion-based article - that's the whole point. Arguing for both sides would just defeat the purpose behind this article, which is not to spread 'propaganda' or 'convert' others to MD's way of thinking. Rather, I see this article as an interesting way to express his opinion, and to reveal the thoughts of the author himself. After all, freedom of expression to voice your opinion is an inalienable right, and the Press is surely no exception to this! However, I do agree with much of what you wrote within the responses you wrote in pink. Nicely phrased ^_^ I'm enjoying these opinion based articles, even though I do not always agree with every point you put forward, MD. That is to be expected - it doesn't stop me appreciating the thought and the justification gone into the presentation of such points. Hats off to you!
  7. GoldRock

    [Issue 28] Main Topic

    The eSports News article has just been released: click here!
  8. And the first [eSports Press] article ever has been released! This one's about the all-important Pro Series match coming up tomorrow involving one of our best clans, All Kind. Enjoy :P [EDIT] 5000th post, thanks for pointing that out blackops :o
  9. Fixed, thanks for pointing that out.
  10. GoldRock

    English Newspaper Issue 28

    The first ever 'eSports Press' article will also be released later today. Keep a look out for that, and enjoy this issue! (EDIT) The eSports News article has just been released: click here!
  11. GoldRock

    [Issue 28] Main Topic

    We're out, guys! A bumper issue this time round, enjoy ;) The first 'eSports Press' article will be released later today. Keep an eye on this section for that!
  12. GoldRock

    Tanki World Records

    I was WO4 when I first joined the team, so it's really a joint record - in fact, I'm pretty sure I held such a record when it existed before ^_^
  13. GoldRock

    eSports News! Pro Series II Finals: A_K vs S.B.

    A warm welcome, tankers, to the first ever [eSports Press] article! After much development and collaboration on this project between the newspaper and eSports teams, we've finally reached this momentous milestone. We'll be providing you with the latest news, interviews, battle report, and analyses of everything imaginable within this fast growing area. So, sit back, have a read... and be ready to get constantly updated about everything eSports, brought to you by the experts! But what does this actually mean? Well, let me introduce you to the current Pro Series Finals! The Scenario. If you already understand how the Pro Series works, feel free to skip this part! Else, you can open the spoiler to find out more. The Teams. Second Breath [s.B.] All Kind [A_K] - Total wins: 94 - Total wins: 31 - Total non-wins (draws/losses): 34 - Non-wins (draws/losses): 9 - Win/non-win ratio = 2.76 - Win/non-win ratio = 3.44 As we can see, even though [A_K] have only played 40 matches compared to the 128 matches [s.B.] have played, [A_K] has statistically been more successful in the past overall, in terms of their superior win/non-win ratio. However, [s.B.] have recently been on a good recent streak of wins, which suggests they are currently on form coming into this match, whereas [A_K] have a mixture of wins and losses amongst their more recent matches. The [A_K] Starladder squad - Main players: @PAKISTANII, @Chry, , , , @DR.TWINS. - Reserve players: @WiTh0uT.RuLeS (formerly best_of_portugal), @balica, , . Many of these players originate from the EN community, where they are well known for their skill and tactical prowess. The [s.B.] Starladder squad mainly consists of Russian players. One of their reserve players, @4EJIOBEK-DEJIA, has taken part and been successful in some EN player-made tournaments. A brief history: All Kind were formerly known as Arab Knights, and were one of two Star Series clans from the EN community (the other being 'Noob Army [NA]'). Both teams thought they could 'take a break' during the first season and come back in the next, but this wasn't the case as this meant they technically quit the Star Series as per the rules - therefore, they were forced to restart. Arab Knights, who have since changed their name to All Kind, restarted in the Am Series and soon managed to achieve a place in the Pro Series. Currently, all of the Star Series clans are from the RU community - [A_K] will be hoping to break this tradition once more. The Assessment. Despite [A_K]'s better overall record and strong squad of players, it would seem that [s.B.] have been performing better recently. They managed to win 2 out of 3 of their matches in Stage III of the Pro Series, whereas A_K could only manage to win 1, losing the other 2. However, a lot will depend on the training of these clans being as effective as possible. Now, they will have to play in a variety of different maps, and so they will have to adjust their playing style accordingly. Above all, they will need to ensure good communication and co-ordination throughout. [A_K] are known to be solid in this respect, and so I would personally say that the outcome of this match is too close to call. It could go either way. And I'm sure we'll all be cheering on [A_K], our very own home-grown talent, as they prepare to meet this challenge to the best of their ability. The match will be streamed live on our eSports channel, and the commentators for this match will be myself (@GoldRock) and . Make sure you tune in on Saturday, 1st November at 13:00 UTC - this will be the first time in months that we stream a match involving an EN community team, and they'll need all the support they can get. Don't miss it!
  14. GoldRock

    a new avatar for spectator

    Being Spectator is a waste because you won't get an avatar? I strongly advise you to reconsider that attitude if you want to become part of the staff. Being staff is not about the avatar, it is about helping the community in a constructive and rewarding way. Hope you understand :)
  15. GoldRock

    a new avatar for spectator

    Good to hear you didn't do that, I guess that means we're in the same boat here ^_^
  16. GoldRock

    a new avatar for spectator

    Ah. I see.
  17. GoldRock

    a new avatar for spectator

    Well then, this topic doesn't really have a constructive purpose...
  18. GoldRock

    a new avatar for spectator

    I'm not negative. Could you justify why you think they need an avatar? If you can do so, then I'm sure the administration will take your justification into account :) Nothing bad happens if Spectators get an avatar, but the point that myself (and other players with Spectator mode) have made in the past is that it's not necessary - nothing particularly constructive or useful would come of it.
  19. GoldRock

    a new avatar for spectator

    It's not a staff position. Some of the players who have Spectator discussed this previously, and it was determined that Spectators don't really need any such benefits, as they actually have no specific responsibilities. They just use the feature both for their own creativity, and to promote the game in the process - an avatar would not be necessary for them to continue to do so.
  20. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    Ha ha. Ha. No, I.Heather.
  21. GoldRock

    Rent-A-Spec

    Looks like this topic has been pinned at long last, should've happened a while ago considering its popularity! ^_^
  22. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    Maybe... I've actually been considering it for a while now, lol.
×
×
  • Create New...