Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

GoldRock

Tanker
  • Posts

    6 068
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by GoldRock

  1. GoldRock

    Rent-A-Spec

    She's only passing on the result as to whether your application was successful or not - she wasn't the one judging that, nor does she have any idea as to the reasons. And if I may correct you; even those who did make that decision are not absolutely obliged to give a reason, you can be rejected without a reason being given.
  2. GoldRock

    Rent-A-Spec

    As Mia has explained numerous times in this topic, if you haven't received a reply by now, then your application has been unsuccessful.
  3. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    I have never done so in the past - however, I highly doubt it would be overly challenging to do so. However, it's not exactly the best idea, lol. The first step in terms of what to do with people who seem to have negative qualities is to realise that you inevitably have your own negative qualities too. The second step would be to accept that, and peacefully co-exist with such people :P
  4. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    I noticed, but didn't think it was worth editing :P
  5. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    The narwhal bacons at midnight...
  6. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    Here's how: [quote]Insert text here[/quote]And from the wording on the topic, it seems that the sale will occur during the specified time - so it would start and end between 1pm and 6pm UTC+0. The sale will be for one hour, at some time between 1pm and 6pm UTC+0 on Monday. No-one knows the exact time when it will be, only that it will happen in between these two times :) I've got to be critical here and point out that for a 70% discount, you would take the cost of the modification(s) you wish to purchase, and multiply that by 30/100 (3/10) to get the discounted purchase price :P Click here: Rulesof Completing an Application Form. Also, make sure you go to the particular section called Helpers of the Project (where the previously linked topic is located), you'll be able to find more information there. Good luck! I don't think it's unfair as such, but I agree it's not really a great time for much of Tanki's playerbase. I personally think holding such a sale on a weekend may have worked better, but it's interesting to see how this sale will turn out.
  7. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    The answer to that can't really accurately be given, unfortunately, but I can tell you that it really wouldn't last very long at all. You might be able to play for up to an hour a day with that sort of data amount, but not much more than that. Cheap plastic ones, lol. Unfortunately, this is not possible using only the information you have provided. It would be nice if you could provide a. the distance of the Earth from the Sun, b. the velocity at which the Earth is orbiting the Sun and c. the universal constant of gravitation :lol: Acoustic, decidedly :P Well, personally, the removal of rating didn't affect me much. However, I can see that this might reduce the competitive aspect for high-rankers, so I agree that I'm not sure why it had to be removed if it was a fun goal for tankers. But I hope they'll have a new system of rating in the future! Lots of Wasp/Fire with friends, and taking the fund/crystal drops/golds is really your only chance there. If there's a high-fund battle, taking over those might not be a bad either either. It's possible to get around 25k in a day if you have the time (I helped a friend to do this), so if you have a lot of time over the next 3 days, you could achieve this. Good luck! With a 70% sale, Twins M1 would cost 10530 crystals. And the sale will occur for you between 6am and 11am (UTC-7). It's definitely doable. If we assume you'd have 3 months (around 90 days) to earn roughly 400,000 XP, then you would have to earn about 4000 to 4500 XP on average each day. This is quite a lot, but isn't impossible if you can play for around an hour or two each day (depending on how quickly you can earn XP). I'm already aware that this is the longest single word (or chemical term, as many don't count it as a proper word) in the English language. Nice trying to make this question look easy :P Anyway, taken from Wikipedia...
  8. GoldRock

    Your goals-to-achieve!

    you've already done that k bye lok
  9. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    Helpers have been removed from this topic, as per feedback that was received. Doesn't look like the idea's serving any useful purpose here, unfortunately. I think the above answers your question - sorry about that xD
  10. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    I'd go for Yamaha ^_^ Lol, nice question. In any case, I can provide a valid answer here by pointing out that I do not have a favourite colour. No, not even from 1 to 10 :P
  11. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    Orchestra. Trombone. Yeah, some of the questions are pretty interesting ^_^ A euphonium is a wind instrument,,, I think it's brass, right? TBH, I don't really know anymore than that :p
  12. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    Why not? If you're interested in writing stuff officially and think you'd do a good job, then go ahead and apply so we can tear your application to pieces with our ruthless criticism :p Well over a year ago, I applied, was interviewed and then got accepted. I left for some time, and returned some months ago through being invited back to the team. Lamborghini. Corvette. Mustang. And I don't particularly have a dream car, though I've got to say that le Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder seems like a decent choice... f (-5) = -433873497871556492976449016839637917719585402664961293339729309082031250 f (-4) = -88381592434244465154394131720588081967149701135416575796445184 f (-3) = -28345763640260622001782341214437287883710883372424 f (-2) = -69720783011519599414190941405184 f (-1) = -54 f (-0.5) = -1.35525271995E-20 f (0) = 0 f (0.5) = 5.42101085809E-20 f (1) = -44 f (2) = -69720783010043859888294177275904 f (3) = -28345763640260621074687709735458917026091629266554 f (4) = -88381592434244465154176351005758681350533141386660244141113344 f (5) = -433873497871556492976448339213280114279314148006960749626159667968750000 Form the above experimenting with my calculator, it seems that when x is between -1 and 1, f (x) remains extremely close to 0 (practically 0). But once the x value gets lower than -1 or higher than 1, f (x) immediately starts to plummet in value, basically starting to plummet towards negative infinity. So, @loktinho's answer only contained a glimmer of truth - because f (x) starts to plummet towards negative infinity both when x decreases past -1 and when it increases beyond 1, else f (x) remains extremely close to 0. I hope testing this out on my calculator (as shown above) is acceptable - currently, I do not know how to recognise the end behaviour of a function of x simply by looking at what's presented, I'll probably get more familiar with stuff like this once I reach the stage you're at. From experience, I've got to say the CyberSport staff. Considering the rate of development of this area of the community, 1 CyberSport mod really has been stretching things in terms of the workload, and it was only relatively recently that we obtained what is probably a sufficient number of commentators. So, in terms of lacking in numbers, that's the staff group I'd pick - though we'll hopefully get our hands on more resources with which to complete our ever-going tasks in the near future! Please refrain from answering the questions here for me, especially since I never gave you permission to do so. Thanks! Hmm, if you really need a few thousand more crystals and it's the day of a sale, the best way would be to find a friend to play a 2-player Wasp/Fire DM with, and if your friend is nice, you can agree that all the crystal boxes/gold boxes will be yours, and your friend can also leave just before the end to reset his score so you can take all the fund. That's a quick (and legal, as long as you both play properly) way of grinding crystals - alternatively, join high-fund, supplies-enabled CTFs, start drugging to try and take the fund for your team and admire the results! A 'drugging takeover' might take some practice though, as it's easier said than done ;) As far as I can tell, the mass part of your previous problem is unsolvable beyond determining that m > 0. Sorry 'bout that - we can discuss it further elsewhere, if you so wish :p Anyway, your next problem... At 12:00 on the clock, the angle would be 0 degrees. Similarly, at 1:00 it would be (360 / 12 =) 30 degrees, and as the numbers on the clock are evenly spread, this means that each 'difference' of 1 is equivalent to 30 degrees in terms of the angle between the hands. The number of hours in the given time is always equivalent to the number which the hour hand is on or just past (e.g. 2:00 = the hour hand is on 2). But we need to determine what number the minute hand is on depending in the time. That's simple - just divide the number of minutes in the given time by 5, as 60 mins / 12 numbers = 5. But we also need to note that the number of minutes affects the position of the hour hand - each minute adds 1/60 to the original number given by the number of hours. The number which the hands are on can be multiplied by 30 to get the position in degrees of the hands. So, assuming that time is in the format h:m (e.g. 12:00), the equations here would be: (h + m / 60) x 30 = 30h + m / 2 = the position of the hour hand in degrees (m / 5) x 30 = m x 6 = the position of the minute hand in degrees To get the difference between the two: 30h + m / 2 - 6m = 30h - 5.5m is your final equation. That took quite a long time to figure out... Nah, not really - in your situation, I'd just be annoyed that people aren't using your real name of Heather :p Got this after a while... It's 9^(9-9), which is the same as 9^0 which equals one. That wasn't so hard pls. Let's put it this way - if bought me 200,000 crystals, I would change my username to that. Because Mr. @hogree is the epitome of swag. Oh, and he was a pig in his past life, probably. Or maybe his current one. IDK - it's hard to tell... You're forgiven, on both counts :p Not a bad answer so it's k - though technically, joost is still in the CyberSport staff as he's still a commentator - he just stepped down from the CyberSport moderator position some time ago. No-one knows except the developers... Keep an eye out for any possible upcoming events, you can try and guess by looking at past sales. But, as I said, I can't really answer your question.
  13. GoldRock

    Add your book to our collection.

    Forgot that... Will steal it to add to my list :P
  14. GoldRock

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Photos of the Century - created by an awesome friend... Love you too :wub:
  15. GoldRock

    Add your book to our collection.

    The above are choices I would recommend myself. I'd also like to add: - Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela - Wolf of the Plains by Conn Iggulden - Hover Car Racer by Matthew Reilly - His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman - The Harry Potter series (!!!) by J.K. Rowling - The King Arthur Trilogy by Rosemary Sutcliff - Anything by Roald Dahl, esp. his autobiography (2 parts) - The Power of Five by Anthony Horowitz - The Diamond Brothers by Anthony Horowitz - The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers: Economic Change and Military Conflict from 1500-2000 by Paul Kennedy - Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis I'm sure I've missed quite a lot off that list, but those are some of the books I've read and enjoyed quite a bit. And by the way... The Bible comes a measly 8th, I see - and no excuses about the 'no particular order' thing :P
  16. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    In such a situation, the body could have any mass above 0 (else it wouldn't exist) but would have no weight whatsoever (as there would be no gravitational force acting upon it from any other objects). As I explained previously, they're just going to be helping by occasionally answering general questions (i.e. the 'how do I...' sorts of questions); I'll still be answering the vast majority of these questions myself, as you can see. 2, 11 or a window? Depends how you looks at it :p
  17. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    No problem, and sure... Health of Wasp M1 with Prodigi, when against Railgun: 95.4 (original health of Wasp M1) x 1.46 (Rail protection offered by Prodigi) = 139.284. Damage dealt by Rail M0: 45 - 74 --> would mostly take 3 shots and occasionally 4 shots to destroy the above. Damage dealt by Rail M1: 74 - 116 --> would always take two shots to destroy the above. Therefore, Prodigi on Wasp M1 is also fine - but Prodigi when used with any XP/BP hull with more health, such as Hornet M1 (which would always take a Rail M1 three shots to destroy) is illegal. Wasp M1, it seems, is the hull with the highest health which can legally be used with any Railgun protection paint, in this format. It can be used for both genders but it's predominantly male in India, k Heather. Correct - it means 'noble' in Sanskrit ^_^ Well, considering that I have no qualms about lying myself, yet tend to be over-trusting of other people, I think I'd find a book of lies that were told to me could come in handy xD Thanks! Yes; changing your username in any way (by emailing help@tankionline.com) will always cost you 100,000 crystals.
  18. GoldRock

    Farewell!

    Heard about it... Hope you can get your account back :c
  19. GoldRock

    Will bullying ever stop?

    No, nope, and yes and I reported it.
  20. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    They get to help out, I'm still going to be answering the majority of the questions. I didn't make them 'helpers' because I needed any help (I could just do it all by myself), but I felt like allowing a couple of trustworthy friends to get involved. So, they'll just pop in to answer the odd 'general' question such as "How do I do this.." etc., the questions which regard me personally will most definitely be answered by me. An aim of this topic was to involve the community, and I might as well experiment with multiple ways of doing so. Do keep me updated on whether you think it's a decent idea or not, as it unfolds in practice :P
  21. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    That wasn't a question, but I'll be lenient :P 95.4 (health of Wasp M1) x 1.35 = 128.79 (health of Wasp M1 with Digital protection, against Rail only). Rail damages: M0: 45-74 - sometimes, you wouldn't be destroyed in two shots. M1: 74-116 - you would always be destroyed in two shots. So, it turns out you're being unfair to all those poor Rail M0s out there! Just joking, it actually seems like Digital on Wasp M1 is fine to use in the vast majority of XP/BP situations, despite what others (and myself!) have thought. I registered for the game, and typed it in. Simple ;) Actually, I have no idea why I chose it... E-mail help@tankionline.com and ask them, making sure you give the username of your account; but be warned, it would cost you 100,000 crystals to change your username! Welcome to @Lankbouv, who will be helping me to answer questions here from now!
  22. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    d (distance from ground) = 4.0m a (acceleration of gravity on Earth) = 9.8m/s^2 v*i (initial velocity) = -4.0m/s t (time taken) = ? d = v*i t + (0.5) a t^2 4.0 = -4.0t + (0.5)(9.8)t^2 4.0 = -4.0t + 4.9t^2 4.9t^2 - 4.0t - 4.0 = 0 the solutions to this quadratic are: t = {1.40, -0.58} to 2 decimal places since t < 0 has no meaning, t = 1.40 s Thanks for giving me a question which is a couple of years ahead of my current stage at Physics in school... At least it was interesting to do, lol.
  23. GoldRock

    Ask Me Anything!

    Ask over at flae's a Fortune Shop, he might be able to answer, lol. I'm pretty sure it'd take more than two shots for you to die when faced with an M1 Rail, at least.... I can do the Maths if you like, but you'd have to ask first :p My apologies for the behaviour of my minion. I am currently attempting to encourage an improvement in his sense of humour through a special training course, which should be complete within the next few years. He's managed to get to Stage 1 out of 10 on the 'humour scale' so far, which studies have shown is at least one stage further than @Fen-Harel. No. No, I am not, Heather. Your clan page should be checked and posted soon, most likely within a couple of days - just be patient, in the meantime! :) Canada, I'll answer your Physics question within the next half an hour or so.
  24. GoldRock

    What did you buy on tanker's day?

    I got a Score Multiplier Pass...
×
×
  • Create New...