-
Posts
1 718 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by creeperskelly
-
I see the Tankiapoligists™ are coming out. My, my....what a difference a year makes: "Tankers! It’s time for the greatest celebration of the year — Tanker’s Day. This is where we pull out the big guns to bring you the most awesome discounts and promotions of the year."
-
Well, yes, and let's not forget that without those "someones" nobody at Tanki has a job.
-
No, they are simply screwing non-Russian players. When I travel overseas I pay at the very worst a 1-2% fee on top of the exchange rate. Tanki is lying to suggest it costs almost DOUBLE to convert foreign currencies to rubles.
-
If you don't buy then it takes about 2,000 hours of playing to get it for free. 3 hours per day = 2 years of playing every day. Do you still think it's reasonable?
-
A fully upgraded tank costs about $700. Imagine trying to play this game without sales. Even at 50% discount it's still $350. Does anyone think that is reasonable?
-
When I hear the siren I immediately try to find a speed boost or enable one. I then drive around with the camera zoomed out (this gives you the best overhead view possible). When you find the drop zone place a mine in it and try to find a place nearby where you can watch for the drop - then you hope you can zoom off and try to land on top of the ensuring pile of tanks (the mine probably will take out one of the opposing tanks). Otherwise, nothing beats Firebird with DD in such a situation - even if you fail to get the gold you'll get a hella lot of XP for flaming a pile of tanks. :lol:
-
Also I might add: happy customers are spending customers. Nothing gets a customer to spend more in your store than taking care of them well. I would imagine quite a few players were willing to buy crystals based on the 50% sale. I would also imagine quite a few of those won't be willing to do so now. In my opinion (and based on my business experience) 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Tanki needs people spending real money on crystals to survive - this is not in dispute - but - do you think the lower sale percentage is going to make you more money than offering 50% off and encouraging more people to spend? Are more people now going to buy crystals at 40% off than at 50% off? It's just not logical.
-
You know - there are more creative ways the sales could be handled. For example - 50% off one item only - 2nd and subsequent items at a lower discount. 10% for players at low ranks isn't much of a difference because M1 or M2 isn't a huge expense - but when considering the higher cost of things at high ranks it really is a much bigger impact on those players. Maybe a sliding scale - discounts based on ranks. Just some ideas that might have made this better. :)
-
Did you know that to play Tanki in China you have to give them your national identity card number? (I found one online with a Chinese name so I used it to register) Also how strange - people there use numbers for their player names. It feels so impersonal. (Sorry, off topic, but there is no "Tanker's Day" in the Chinese Tanki).
-
None of their claims make any sense. Their explanations seem to be full of lies. They claim they gave away 4 BILLION crystals during the Star Ladder celebration. Now they are claiming that another 10% on a once-per-year sale is the difference between survival and bankruptcy? They gave away BILLIONS of crystals and somehow taking them back will hurt the Tanki economy? Jeesh. Worse than used car salesmen.
-
You know what is interesting? The Chinese version of Tanki didn't have the low score cap update - theirs began with the 100 (TDM) 10 flags (CTF) and 100 points (CP). Their update was on August 27. It wasn't until August 28 that our caps were changed.
-
^ 27+/14- Many of the upvotes on the German forum are from German mods.
-
How many other FP2 games sell items that cost $700?
-
It's not 10% difference in two prices - it's actually 15%. And in my case it costs 40,000 more crystals to do my upgrades than if the items were 50% off.
-
You literally took the words right out of my mouth, Kirby. I salute you with my favorite turret: Good luck!
-
Nothing builds your business better than pissing off as many customers as possible.
-
1. Double the value - big deal. I need to catch 20 gold boxes just to make up the difference between the 40% sale and the 50% sale. That isn't going to happen, and, every time gold boxes are increased in value you end up with a proportionate increase in mults and saboteurs. NOT FUN. 2. I don't know of anyone anticipating a 15%, 25%, or any sale lower than 50%. It's all I saw in battle chat for two weeks now - tankers discussing what they would get. Now a lot of people are going to be affected by it. At a 50% sale I could upgrade 3 items: one turret, one hull, and one paint. Now, due to the 15% difference in value between a 40% sale and a 50% sale getting the paint is out of the question. 3. You might have a valid point if battle funds were 2x higher the day prior to the sale. But only increasing the value of a gold box? See above.
-
It should be painfully obvious they have no clue how to entice and wow customers/players.
-
It is not actually 10% - it's 15% when you do the math. The difference in a 50% sale and a 40% sale means it costs me over 40,000 more crystals to do the upgrades I had planned on. That's 15% more crystals I have to use versus a 50% sale. 40,000 is quite a bit.
-
The scam here is the focus on the 10% - in reality when you do the math it is a 15% difference in discounts. For example I was looking to upgrade to Isida and Viking M3. Cost to upgrade: 461,500 With the 40% sale my cost is 270,900 With the 50% sale the cost would have been 230,750 That's a 15% difference in price.
-
Wow. So far more downvotes here than in the Russian forums.
-
In the past year Tanki has diminished the ability to get crystals, and, making it far more expensive to play. Witness: 1. No more crystal drops. The crystals were said to have been added to the battle fund, but, recently I and two teams ofo 10 proved this to be false. 2. No more daily gifts. You must now "earn" those rewards, and, they are often designed to force you to use supplies just to complete the misison. 3. Score caps on battles. This reduces battle length, thus, reducing battle fund growth. 4. Non-Russian buyers must pay higher rates of exchange for crystals. 5. Sales and discounts decreasing. Every measure thrown in the game for one purpose only: to decrease crystals and increase the cost of playing.
-
The problem is that a fully MU'ed tank costs the equivalent of $700 USD. So, yes, we do sort of expect 50% sales once in awhile. Even at 50% discount that's still one damned expensive tank. There isn't a single game you can buy off the shelf anywhere that costs $350, let alone, $700 for the "full experience."
Jump to content











































































