Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

FrozenRailgun

Tanker
  • Posts

    2 850
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by FrozenRailgun

  1. FrozenRailgun

    Let's Discuss Protection Modules

    If, we nerf modules to 30% damage reduction, this means even Spider module (even though it's rarely used) will be capped @ 30%, not the current 50%. That can be a problem if you have to tank 1-2 mines (without Saboteur drones).
  2. FrozenRailgun

    Let's Discuss Protection Modules

    Module is a 2x edged sword: It can be your friend or an additional annoyance in the game. However, status effects can render modules next to obsolete in 2024 Tanki (namely Armor Piercing and the module-piercing critical damage). I wouldn't yeet Armadillo from the game as there are players who spammed millions of crystals for it. I say Armadillo should be a normal module for a future turret. If you really wish to tackle turret vs module problem, then critical damage should at least deal fixed amount of damage (20% boost is good enough) without ignoring normal modules. Spider module: Am I a joke to you?
  3. FrozenRailgun

    What to buy? Which is better?

    It really depends on what annoys you the most. Here are what I have seen the most: Armadillo (Extremely useful to counter module-piercing crit damage but gated behind containers/special event) Falcon (almost everyone uses it, possibly because Railgun is easy to use, and it can dish out big module-piercing damage without Armadillo.) Fox, Weasel, Badger (let's just say there were armies of them during the recent Deathmatch event) Owl and Griffin (Gauss and Magnum 20 meters of splash radius...) Eagle (not the most common but I do see them often (I always use it with my main combo). Has to do with its OHKO ability.) Vulture (Scorpion's aiming mechanism is nuts. Can lock a target even when it scrambles to a shelter.) Grizzly (Is Thunder that easy to use as Railgun?) Everything else are not commonly or almost never used.
  4. FrozenRailgun

    What to buy? Which is better?

    And.... Railgun + Magnum's crit shots are enhance-able with boosted power. Railgun is just happened to be easy to use and with its major 25% damage boost if crit. TBF, I'd rather get clapped by a Shaft's sniper shot than a Railgun, Gauss, Magnum (and Scorpion...)
  5. FrozenRailgun

    What to buy? Which is better?

    I say yes as critical damage ignores your normal modules. I would like to have one myself so I can at least tank those stinking critical mines. Almost everyone is using Falcon, Griffin, Owl (and maybe Eagle) but no one talks about mines when they deal around the same damage (actually 100 more normal damage) as Railgun and Magnum (and Gauss).
  6. FrozenRailgun

    Gold Boxes!

    Where picture?
  7. My view on 2024 Tanki: it has its up and downs. I still Tanki, but not as much as before (not because the questionable updates). Unpopular opinion: I don't use hovering hull, but I don't believe they "killed" the game. Tanki is truly killed if Alternativa shuts the game down for good, just like Tanki X. I have a feeling the word "killed" is misused when criticizing questionable updates/features. Majority of augments? I don't believe so. Agree about this. If anything, critical damage should not ignore normal modules but give a fixed damage boost across all turrets (and mines). I say 20% boost is enough without rendering modules obsolete. For the case of Armadillo... IDK if we should convert it to regular module for future turret? Refunding doesn't sound like good idea either. Remove aim assist = problem solved? Fixing MM is rather difficult. Fixing rank gap is possible, but fixing blowout battles? I don't think so...
  8. FrozenRailgun

    Let's Discuss Drones!

    I'm on the fence, I think drones should be a bonus to your gameplay, but not some kinds of mandatory upgrades for you to compete (and changes your tanks' appearance). I still remember when Brutus gave 10% global damage boost and 10% damage reduction multiplicatively. I despise Alternativa's decision of nerfing manual supplies' potency (to regain what was lost, you need to use drones (wth) ).
  9. What about reload time? Is HC's reload time 12 seconds or 12.5 seconds (after firing a fully charged hit)?
  10. Be sure to focus on 1 set of combo from early on. Judging from your profile, you are more focused on Ares + Vulcan combo (IMO not a bad one). Spreading out your micro-upgrades on multiple combos is a huge mistake that almost everyone made.
  11. Maybe.... but unless we are willing to see armies of Eagles and to the point 2HKO becomes frustrating. I do remember Congo wanted Alternativa to revert the current sniping damage back to exactly 3k and gives HC 34% sniping damage boost (still enough to OHKO heavy hulls but I'd prefer 40% as 34% is just... repeating decimals). 3.3k damage with 3 seconds charging + 5 second reload = around 412 Damage per second (which Shaft is not meant to be DPS turret), still can't beat Firebird/Freeze but reasonable. Let me guess, Magnum's aim assist on mobile platform? Well yes, but actually no. 14.5 seconds to reload on M0 stock Shaft is a bit too much after Alternativa rebalanced it. I think it has to do with Railgun being easy to use. You can inflict 1.4k regular damage (1.75k crit) while you are moving and it can fire a shot once per 3.6 seconds (warmup + reload). If Shaft's sniper shot can crit, here comes armies of Eagles just like armies of Falcons.
  12. LC? It does charge up + recharges quicker than stock, except its final damage is 1/4 less. HC charges up + recharges slower than stock, but with significantly more damage. IDK even know why stock takes 14.5 seconds to reload @ M0 (10 seconds @ MK8), it should be flat 10 seconds across all modifications.
  13. FrozenRailgun

    how do you join a private battle?

    There are screen recording softwares like OBS. You can search that up, download it and get it working.
  14. Hornet-Shaft main here and I can confirm that's how we do it. At the worst, I can inflict 2,062 damage if the defending tank has maxed Eagle (good enough to 2HKO medium/heavy tanks but takes longer). Dynamic HC is possible but... really risky (and fun maybe).
  15. FrozenRailgun

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    I think that was when Shaft was a new turret back then (some 10+ years ago)?
  16. FrozenRailgun

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Eh... not the reward I'm looking for but ok.
  17. It might have to do with the July 7th update, one can buy and spam over millions of crystals to max their modules in one go (if there is no rank restriction). I can be wrong...
  18. FrozenRailgun

    Email de-linked after long inactivity

    It's likely that someone hacked into your account when you were in your hibernation. Also, did you actually checked your account setting that your email has unlinked?
  19. FrozenRailgun

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    A long time ever since I touched Tanki....
  20. FrozenRailgun

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Super late response but it was the name for a module package that you could buy in the Shop back then: M6/7 (?) Eagle, Falcon, Owl and Griffin. Eventually, Alternativa removed such package from the Shop. Product kits - Tanki Online Wiki (tankiwiki.com)
  21. FrozenRailgun

    Let's Discuss Protection Modules

    I'm still surprised that Ocelot and Spider are the least used modules nowadays even with Isida's high DPS and Mine's deceptiveness. When I was active, I can't go to battle without having Spider module at the minimum (even though dudes rarely used Mines within hi-rank battles). Owl is something I rarely use, even if I do come back to Tanki.
  22. FrozenRailgun

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    The reload nerf is warranted. But I do admit though, Alternativa overkilled the reload nerf.
  23. FrozenRailgun

    PRO battles update

    Here comes the big stonks bois. What's the limit for them? ? ??
  24. FrozenRailgun

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Haven't play Tanki long time but ok.
  25. What is this sorcery??? Practically makes it useless. Alternativa at the finest. Nerfed the base dmg and doesn' t have impact force but have MASSIVE penetration boost?! Abuse it in Siege soon?
×
×
  • Create New...