Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

u812ic

Tanker
  • Posts

    2 426
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by u812ic

  1. 1...Nothing in any of those articles say anything about HTML5 updates. 2...I said nothing about upgrading or degrading hulls or turrets 3...One Poster's argument was players will buy M0 equipment and sit on it until they have enough crystals to buy a kit. Isn't that what some Non-Buyers do anyway? At some point they have to buy the next Modification or get locked out completely. The only one that even remotely addresses my question is #5...very remotely. When a player reaches a certain rank, I've forgotten which rank that is, the player can buy all the M0 turrets and hulls for 1 USD. That's so the new player can have the ability to try out all the hulls and turrets to find a playing style that suits them. A savvy player will not try to upgrade all hulls and turrets. So, those M0s are in the garage collecting virtual dust and consuming virtual mothballs. Occasionally, a player may choose a turret and/or hull and start upgrading it. But after they rank up, they find that they would rather fight close combat instead of sniping. They may perceive close combat as being more profitable and abandon the M1 sniping turret. Later on, the player may wish to play that M1 for old times sake, but can't because he's locked out according to rank. Yes, the turret can still be played, but who at General wants to use an M1 against M3? I tried it once...it don't work. I don't think it would ruin Tanki's economy in any way, in fact, it may increase it. If a player plays an M0 combo that's been rotting in the garage for the past 5 years, that may spark a new interest in the combo and the player would buy the M2 or M3. I have several accounts, most of them were experimental accounts, but I've kept them up in the event that I may do something with them later. Problem is, all of them have ranked up and some I've upgraded, but because of the lack of funds (this was way before missions) I was unable to buy the needed upgrade for my rank and now they are locked out. I want to keep them active, so I'll use them in one battle, even though I may be using M0s or M1s against full upgraded M2s and M3s. I use the highest combo in the garage so I'm not breaking any rules. I'm asking if there is any word about having to ability to use these locked out, forgotten hulls and turrets in HTML5. All sarcasm aside, if this isn't explicit enough, I can type another wall of text.
  2. u812ic

    Complaint Book

    Yeah, I don't quite understand this self-destruct business. In Highland, an enemy tank can jump down on top, plant a mine and the one underneath explodes (because of the mine) but not the one who planted the mine does not self-destruct. But if a teammate materializes underneath you and you have problems separating, the one on top self-destructs.
  3. Tanki's rules: 2.1.5. Sabotage — Any acts or omissions aimed at creating obstructions for the team where the User is a member, including in CTF, TDM and CP modes, fighting against the team of which you are a member (intentional selection of weak equipment, frequent pauses, inactivity or intentional failure to comply with map’s or game mode’s requirements, imitation of issues with internet connection), damaging/destroying an ally’s tank, fighting in the interest of the opponent’s team (conspiracy); Clearly states that a player cannot use weaker weapons i.e. Marshal using M0 hull and/or M0 turret. Many of us have M0s and M1s that can't be used because the next Modification is locked due to rank. Better example: On another account, I have Vulcan M0 10/10 I can't use because the M1 is locked. In order to use it, I have to buy M2 and M3 has already been unlocked. I have several M0s in my garage sitting in mothballs (BTW I'm running out of mothballs), taking up space...useless. We aren't allowed to sell them or use them in anyway, except in parkour. Other games have made allowances for this by letting players play underachieved equipment and characters in special areas or arenas....peer-to-peer. LIke in a game I played several years ago, I could not play my level 105 character in a level 105 arena using level 10 equipment, nor could I use level 105 equipment in a level 10 arena, but I could use level 10 equipment in a level 10 arena. If you didn't have the proper equipment, your character was blocked from entering. Just like Tanki's XP/BP formatted pro battles, if you don't have the right equipment, you're blocked from entering. I was wondering if there has been any skuttlebutt about the possibility of using them in HTML5.
  4. u812ic

    In-game "Disasters"

    People who live in the western U.S. have enough problems with earthquakes in real life, now you want them to deal with earthquakes in a game? I'm sure if I thought about it long enough I could find a lag in there someplace.
  5. Is there a possibility or has it been discussed to have the ability to use hulls/turrets that are locked because of rank i.e. M0s, M1s that can't be MUed to the next level? (Other than parkour). I keep hearing about Tanki wanting to modernize. Some sites are doing it or have been doing it for quite some time and it seems Tanki is taking bits and pieces from other sites. Is this a possibility in HTML5?
  6. Battles were 30 minutes long. Many times the losing team left early in the battle and players either forfeited their crystals or wasted several minutes (15 minutes or more) for the battle to end. Early termination was was introduced, it was activated if 50% of players left on one team. Occasionally, it was players on the winning team that left. Both winning and losing teams complained that they felt cheated out of crystals and xp. Early termination was taken away and battles reduced to 15 minutes. However, early termination was added as an option to pro battles. There were other reasons, but that's what I remember.
  7. u812ic

    Let's pretend we're noobs

    This was an actual ingame chat on parkour map between me and a Gold Beggar. I had 5 gold boxes. Gold Beggar: u812ic drop gold box Me: I don't have any GB: Yes you do. You have 5. Drop. Me: No GB: Drop or I'll sabotage you Me: They don't belong to me GB: Whose are they Me: A friend asked me to hang on to them for him Me: He was afraid his little brother would get them GB: Oh ok. GB: Is your friend online? Me: No he's with his parents for a few days GB: Oh, ok. GB: (Obscenity) I left before he could figure it out.
  8. I know there was some discussion about increasing OD frequency to the losing team. Has this been implemented? If not, will it be in the near future?
  9. u812ic

    4250 GS vs 9900 GS

    According to the Wiki, this is how you obtain max GS: Turret/Hull: M3 max MU Paint: Legendary Skin: Turret/Hull Module: Equipped max MU Drone: Equipped max MU Shot Effect: Equipped Supplies: No less than 300, excluding Gold Box The Wiki didn't say how many supplies. In the point allocation list, it gave all supplies 300 points each. GS is supposed to be based on strength of the tank. How does paint, skin, and shot effect strengthen the tank? None of them give more armor or stronger turret. It's all cosmetic.
  10. u812ic

    Let's Discuss Spawn Killing

    Today on Wolfstein assault, 3 Smoky/Vikings (blue team) came into red's base and killed the entire team with their OD activated and left. When their OD reactivated, they came back with the rest of their team. We were spread out fairly well, only 4 were guarding the flag base the rest of us were guarding the entrances. We were already losing and you know how OD works on the losing team....rare to none. In the first half of the battle, we tried hard to score, but were unable to. The second half was when we were being spawn killed. Spawn killing has always been a problem, now it's worse.
  11. Past few days, I've been getting a highly unusual amount of lags (I seldom get noticeable lags): Turning turrets, everyone is frozen but me. It happens randomly. I reload the tab and get a message that the server is under maintenance. Try another server or try again later. I click on the "try another server link." Page reloads and I get the same message. I log out of Tanki, log back in and by this time, my time is up and unable to rejoin the battle I was in. Many times this has happened in the middle of the battle, so I know the battle isn't over.
  12. If a Wasp plants a bomb then dies before it goes off, does the bomb stay or disappear?
  13. u812ic

    Let's pretend we're noobs

    "Any grils? Ugly ones dont answer." I felt like saying, "Why not ugly? Ugly girls need love, too. I feel so unloved, unwanted. Boo-hoo-hoo." But I thought better of it. I didn't want to start a chat war.
  14. u812ic

    Lets pretend we're in jail

    Hey, guys, you destroyed my jail while I was gone? Let's see....A Mammoth half destroyed the jail and all the prisoners, except me got aboard. A Wasp was on it's way as my private transport but got blown up by its own OD (hummm. A glitch, I'm sure.) Then a bunch of Wasps came in, bombed the jail and liberated all the prisoners. Well, sounds like the Wasps came after all. But my jail had been destroyed and I'm out of business. I'll have to rebuild. There's still a lot of people in the Tanki Community who need some soul cleansing. If my jail is no longer there, they will have no place to go!! And then what? Oh, geez louise, I better get started. Oh, BTW, do any of you feel any kind of remorse for your crimes? @Dark.Angel, I'm sorry, but no visitors. First you have to commit a crime, any will do, admit to it, then you can come in. But right now, my past inhabitants destroyed it. Now, let's see....What did I do with those floor plans I saw. OH!! What a mess. I can't find a thing. Tsk, Tsk. OH, dear...what to do, what to do.
  15. Math is hierarchy, change it to Anarchy...what a mess! Imagine Quantum Physics without equality, or any mathematical science for that matter. Here, we are talking about coded communication. Take the Morse Code with all its dots and dashes. Each series of dot and dashes represents a letter of the alphabet, punctuation, a number, etc. A change or omission of one dot or one dash can change the spelling of a word. Since you have rejected hierarchy and embraced anarchy for communications, you may not get saved if you didn't use the International Morse Code for distress: ...---... Anarchy is the lack of state. No state, no rules. You many decide to send out -....--.. Kind of looks the same, but you just spelled out DUD. Help will be a long time coming. In communications, you have to have hierarchy in order to be understood by others. Here's an experiment: Make up your own anarchy alphabet (nope, can't do that, then it becomes hierarchy). Write a paragraph and have someone else read it. Don't tell them the rules, because anarchy has no rules.
  16. u812ic

    Lets pretend we're in jail

    Why, may I ask, was I left behind? Do you really think I'm a traitor?
  17. Read the title again. It's very specific. I'm asking for Skyscraper to be added to MM.
  18. I think you need to look at your code again. There are some contradictions. Example: c001 and 100k5. Now, look at 1n5734d. You can't change horses in the middle of the stream. It's either one or the other.
  19. This suggestion is about MM Skyscrapers. Please make your own topic, don't try to sabotage mine.
  20. Now, I do. Thank you very much.
  21. Why not? It was very popular in its day and is still being played in Pro battles. Madness was popular until the bottom floor was taken out. Skyscrapers is bigger than Madness and has many of the same features. In the MM are maps some like while others hate, Skyscrapers would fit right in with that. It's a love :wub: /hate :angry: relationship.
  22. :D :lol: That's happened to me, more than once. Each time, I felt so stupid and was glad no one was around to see my oversight.
  23. First time I used it, an enemy Twins entered the dome and destroyed me. One of my alt accounts is an Isida, I'd rather heal my teammates than to kill the enemy. Now I can heal with Titan...makes me feel good. I'm a retired Nurse. Does that explain it?
  24. Thanks. That would be easier than copy/pasting text.
  25. Can links to other websites be posted if they are informative and may answer another poster's question?
×
×
  • Create New...