-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
I find it funny how Smoky's critical can one-shot light hulls at M1 and M2. That's good and all. But then you have the Supercumulative Smokies one-shotting my medium hull. That seems kind of wrong to me. But it may be balanced according to the devs. Supercumulative Rounds makes it seem like you get your critical every 10 shots or something but I get it every 5-8 shots, which seems just like Stock Smoky. I've also gotten it as my 2nd shot after respawning. So now, I've gotten my critical hit on the 2nd shot after respawning with every type of critical-hit Smoky. Stock Smoky: Real Server Supercumulative: Real Server High-Precision Aiming System: Test Server Incendiary Rounds: Real Server Cryo Rounds: Test Server Autocannon: Test Server I bring this up because I just played against this guy who has M4 Smoky. Well other than having better internet than everyone else, spawning first and capping the ball while we were still spawning, the guy just pooped on my team. When he used his Viking's Overdrive, it looked as if the firing rate was way above 18 shots for 7 seconds. He one-shotted my Dictator twice and I couldn't do anything, really.
-
'Twas 3 minutes and 20 seconds on the first day of its release. I don't see any other changes to it. They used units we didn't even know exist and I don't even know how it's used to calculate Overdrive times. Seems like they left us in the dark about that.
-
It happens when I'm not even in combat. Just using the combo in general makes me upset. it's probably just in my head.
-
I decided that I wanted to see what the fuss was about for EA"S" Railgun. Here are some battles with it: Haven't used Stock Railgun yet, I will soon though.
-
I was actually deciding on which of these two to buy this morning. I caved and bought Scout. I'm not disappointed. I looked at the damage I would get on each one and decided that Scout would be more practical.
-
Apologies, let me rephrase: They decreased the charging rate of Viking's Overdrive in this balance change. So instead of charging for 3 minutes and 50 seconds, it now charges in 4 minutes and 20 seconds. That balance change occurred on the 25th of April. TC:DR: The "back" means "since": The charging rate was decreased since that update.
-
The decreased the charging rate back in this update.
-
3,500x Crystals x 2 125x Mines x 2 125x Repair Kits x 2 Moss Paint Aqua Shot Effect (Ricochet) Ugh! Stop giving me shot effects for Ricochet!!!
-
I get my stuff early.
-
Wasp: 100 seconds (1 minute, 40 seconds) Hornet: 115 seconds (1 minute, 55 seconds) Hunter: 115 seconds (1 minute, 55 seconds) Dictator: 145 seconds seconds (2 minutes, 25 seconds) Mammoth: 145 seconds (2 minutes 25 seconds) Titan: 170 seconds (2 minutes, 50 seconds) Viking: 260 seconds (4 minutes, 20 seconds) Did it again just in case.
-
Sorry, I meant 40%. I could have sworn I saw 40% when I posted it.
-
The Tornado kit is great when using it with an alteration for your Railgun, especially Round Destabilisation and Electromagnetic Accelerator "Scout". At your rank, you'd need to rank up once to be able to buy Round Destabilisation.
-
Well he ha dropped 846 so far. It's either he is using an illegal method or he just catches them in random Parkour battles. 1423 golds in one week is pretty suspicious if you haven't earned any crystals in battles, far less EXP. And then 2,145 the week before. it'd definitely fishy.
-
More like a 30% damage decrease, so that with double damage, it could kill a medium hull in the same time as a Stock Shaft. 1 second before firing another shot, yes. More like 142 energy recharge per second so that M4 Shaft would reload its shots in 7 seconds.
-
Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.
TheCongoSpider replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
Before the nerf, M4 Duplet reloaded its clip in 5.5 seconds. After the nerf, M4 Duplet reloads its clip in 5.75 seconds. I don't consider that a considerable nerf. That wasn't the case between October 31st and January 25th. And its double-shot mechanic is what makes it so annoying and powerful. You can steel yourself and prepare for a duel from an unexpected Stock Hammer shot to your back. But if it's a Duplet Hammer, you're dead before you can even react in-game. Every Hammer in high-rank battles were Duplet, I am just yearning to figure out why that is. I couldn't be that it was just too powerful and a better choice than Stock hammer, could it? -
The nerf is reducing the maximum damage range. Because of the large decrease in the maximum damage range, the gap between the minimum damage range and the maximum damage range is now extended from 50 metres to 145 metres for an M4 Sledgehammer Thunder. For Sledgehammer, it is technically extended but not in a positive way. It's only extended because the maximum damage range has been made shorter. So it's kind of like it extended inward. Which is why I said: I clearly stated that the minimum damage range for Ricochet acts differently. The part of my post you highlighted to talk about can be overgeneralised, which may have been what happened here.
-
This will be hard to get a number for since damage increases the higher you so giving a fixed number of score and EXP for this would benefit the higher ranks more. I was thinking more on the lines of giving score for a certain number of projectiles that hit it. But then you have Vulcan and Autocannon Smoky which shoot many projectiles quickly. So it came down to damage ticks. It would get score for blocking a certain number of damage ticks. That seems like the best option here, with Vulcan, a relatively rare turret, being its best customer for score farming. Good to see that it may have hard counters. If it were to increase with each modification level, I feel it would be best to keep it as a non-upgradable parameter. Meaning if your Bastion is M1 10/10, it can only place 2 barriers and not 3. If it is upgraded to M2 0/10, then it can place 3. Another fun idea I had for it was something like Baptiste's ultimate ability in Overwatch. I was going to say "a combination of Orisa and Symmetra's ultimate abilities" until I did a bit more research and found that Baptiste had exactly what I was going for. It would look just like Baptiste's Amplification Matrix. It would set down a blue rectangular wall and any allied turret that shoots through it will deal 20% more damage as well as taking 50% less damage from the enemy. But it would only last 15 seconds and you'd have to wait 7 seconds before you can place another one after the first one disappears.
-
I agree with @XxStriker. And it seems too similar to Rapid-Fire Mode as it focuses on the arcade shots more. What should be added is a damage decrease to the arcade shots and a decrease to the energy recovery rate (a decrease in the reload speed), as well as keeping the shot reload at at least 1 second. Obviously, no sniping shots, especially with the 10% sniping damage buff, would be a pretty big loss in some maps. But being able to dish out that much damage in that little time might make Ricochet a poor choice compared to this, since Eagle modules are less common than Lion modules, as well as the other points XxStriker mentioned.
-
Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.
TheCongoSpider replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
You can make a PRO battle to see the map. -
Someone who has earned no score or crystals catching thousands of gold boxes, according to the ratings, that is.
-
The minimum damage range is 150 metres. The weak damage % is 50% and it reaches 50% when shooting someone at a range of 150 metres or farther. So at 150 metres and farther, you would be dealing exactly 50% of the total damage, which for M4 Thunder's case, you'd be dealing 440 damage on average. For more clarity, let's use smaller, more compact numbers. Say, M4 Ricochet. M4 Ricochet has a maximum damage range of 60 metres and a minimum damage range (in this case, the furthest distance the plasma ball can travel) of 70. At 0-60 metres, it will be dealing full damage, that is, damage between 300-400 with the average being 350. After 60 metres, it starts to drop linearly until 70 metres where it will deal 25% damage (the weak damage % for Ricochet). Now let's look at Minus-Field Stabilisation, which basically works just like Sledgehammer Rounds does for Thunder. It increases the minimum damage range (which for Ricochet is the furthest distance the plasma ball can travel) by 100%, which caps it at 140 metres. So from 60-140 metres, the damage drops linearly from 100% of damage to 25% of damage, depending on the distance that the target is between this range.
-
What do you have in mind for a new turret, huh?
-
Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.
TheCongoSpider replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
Thanks. -
Update - Maps, Balance, Challenge/WAR extended.
TheCongoSpider replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
You spawn on one of the islands and fight. If all the action is happening on another island, you self-destruct and hope that it spawns you on another island. :rolleyes:
Jump to content










































































