Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    I think this is the most dirty-but-enjoyable battle I've played for a while. It started a bit unbalanced. A Short-band Emitter Shaft was on our left corner killing the players that were coming out. An RFM Shaft on Viking was in the base, as well as 3 other enemies, while 4 of our teammates didn't spawn yet. I_GoT_TheRe took the flag and captured it early. I was able to escape and kill some players in their base as well as the player with the falg. My other teamamtes start to spawn and we were able to chase them out of our base for about 15 seconds. Yalla then went and captured a flag for us. They then initiated a massive push. They captured another flag making us fall behind 2-1. At this point, I have my Overdrive ready and I just let loose on the enemy. A Titan plopped down a dome but I got kill after kill and my teammates ended up getting the flag and capturing it, making it 2-2. My Overdrive finishes and I got 58% from using it alone. My team then was able to start pushes and we infiltrated their base. What happened was that we had a Saboteur Drone user (the enemy team had one as well) which placed enough mines for us to defend properly. Both teams had each other's flags and it was a race to see who would get to it first. We ended up getting it and making it 3-2. Some more carnage after that and the battle ended 5-2. Somewhere coming down to the end, that guy in the chat said that MM placement sucked and left. I was surprised to see myself have so many more kills than the others. So we came back from something that looked like we inevitably lost. GG
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    Some others who ranked:
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    That number is decreasing because it's becoming more common than it was before.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    It deals 525 damage per tick at M4 with double damage. 525 * 4=2,100. 2,100 / 2 = 1050. 150% * 700 = 1050 If it were a 60% increase, it would do 560 for a tick with double damage. I don't know and I don't like that I have no answer to this question. I would expect the Russian Wiki to at least change it but they haven't for months. I don't think there is anything we can do. I and maybe 1 or 2 other people would be the only players to ask questions about the alteration and since barely anyone asked it, it's technically not popular so there is no need to answer a question that isn't "hot". At least, that's what I think would be the case.
  5. I pack it in for the night when I complete all of my missions or the ones that are needed to be completed. If I'm playing casually as in not having missions to do, I too would stop after losing so many battles, as long as I receive at least 2 stars. I wonder if that extends to turret balance.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Missions!

    Also to not is that your GS is close to 4,000. That corresponds to your turret and hull being upgraded, maybe not fully, but it's close. So you're playing with M2 equipment (I'm assuming, because I don't have the exact information about your turrets and hulls and can only make an estimation looking at your paint, number of supplies, and protection modules on your account). I tested different combos on my account and if I followed your account and equipped two M1 modules and an M0 module and then equipped an M2 (M1 10/10) turret or hull onto a turret that is almost stock or has 2/10 upgrades, my GS turns into around 3,581 after deducting 40 score because I had more than 300 repair kits. So I can conclude that you either have M2 equipment (turret and hull) or close to that. That is a factor. See, GS is good for something, especially after the update. The problem with that "good for something" is that it only clearly shows extreme cases (showing that the player either has stock equipment or fully upgraded equipment). And then you have Hornet's Overdrive which is really great for Railgun, especially if it has "Death Herald" Compulsator, Round Destabilisation, or large Calibre Rounds. You only have access to one of those, which is Round Destabilisation. We do not know if you have it or have it equipped or not because you didn't have the feature that showed others' statistics enabled during the screenshot. If you did have that on, then that itself is a nother factor to your success. Now all of this is against you, so I will write something for you. The change in statistics between M1 and M2 Hornet and Railgun isn't really that large. And you got around the same number of kills as a lot of your allies and enemies. And Railgun isn't a crippled turret. It's its alterations that make the Stock Version seem or looked cripple. It got a buff in its reload time. It's even better than before. Mainly for the higher modifications, but slightly for the lower modifications. I'm not surprised that you got first on the blue team in ASL.
  7. I also think it's like that because you may need to feel satisfied with a win after losing constantly, which may make you play more battles. That may be under the mental stimulation you said. Gotta end on a high note.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Striker!

    It's worse when they have the Cyclone alteration. The ones I've encountered were using that. And 2,301 GS at . :mellow:
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    Eh, might as well show what I have. Incendiary Mix gives a 50% damage boost to Firebird and not a 10%. Back when we thought it was 10% last year with the 20% energy consumption decrease, that wasn't god enough. Isida and Freeze were able to perform better than Incendiary Mix Firebird. Then, they decreased the energy consumption to 50% of the Stock Firebird's consumption and allowed it to fire for 10 seconds. That made it balanced. You were able to shoot longer and regain more energy for 1 second of reloading. But now, it's 10 seconds of ammo with a 50% damage boost. That is too powerful and it seems as if the devs are not making it clear as to what % it is. Even the Russian Wiki still says it's a 10% damage increase. These are battles I've had with Incendiary Mix Firebirds and how great they did. And then there is this one that was taken yesterday: It boasts too much power. The number of them I'm encountering is on the rise. I also found this funny: 5 of the most common alterations used for each of the turrets. I believe that my scores with RGC Magnum have been consistently too high unless 3 or more players have protection against me. Especially with all those protection modules Duplet brought along in its earlier days.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Hypothetical Balance Changes - Shaft

    Heh, it seems as if this topic has taken an alternate route. I would give the balance changes and I would abstain from giving input on that specific balance change. Wanted to see discussions from everyone else. If I am going to comment on anything, it would be on the bare minimum of the change. I guess what we can do is toy around with some of the parameters of each turret and see how it would affect other turrets and gameplay. That may look messy if it's done in one topic, that's why it was better to put changes for each turret in a separate topic. I can't see how Freeze wouldn't be able to put out the afterburn if you kept it the same.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    Unless you have protection. RFM has the advantage in surprise combat and CQC against all of the other Shafts. For now, I'd say Gauss and Magnum are potentially the most powerful turrets in the game. Shaft comes in at a close 3rd or a tied for 2nd. They seemed to have made it an attractive turret. I found the last buff to the sniping shot reload pushing it. Who knows? If protection modules against it start to skyrocket, maybe the frustration being thrown at it would decrease.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    I save them. :huh: I complete weekly missions and I can usually get 2 containers from Challenges within 1 and a half weeks. And I post so many 5-container opening because each account has a different mission-reset day, so they may get 5 containers within 1, 2 or 3 days apart from each other. One of my accounts has 4 containers right now and it will take me at least 2 days to get the 5th one.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Titan!

    Oh, how I loathe that. I've seen it happen to some enemies as well and I feel sorry that they wasted their Overdrive trying to catch many people and the dome but only got one person that was closest to them.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Hypothetical Balance Changes - Shaft

    It is not a suggestion. I could have nerfed it but buffs are more interesting. Not all shots one-shot the enemy, especially if they have protection or you are not using double damage while they're using double armour. For something that has to charge up for 4 seconds (or 8 for Heavy Capacitors), it would make sense to have strong impact force. That would be their "reason" for increasing it. Yeah, I think more buffs to Shaft would be unnecessary. Since this topic doesn't seem to be breaking the rules, I'll do Vulcan or Twins next. This topic came about because I wondered how powerful Shaft would be with just its weak damage % increased to 50%. That felt too little of a change so I looked for another parameter to increase but I couldn't find any to change without making it unbearable OP except impact force. And these are just tweaking random statistics. Some may look like real balance changes or "suggestions" since some statistics tie in with others for consistency.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    The 30% sniping damage nerf. It used to deal the same sniping damage as Stock Shaft since its implementation until the 25th of April. That made it even more powerful than it is now. It also received a nerf in its energy recovery rate (it's decreased - it takes longer to fully reload your energy bar).
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    I play on 4 accounts. That number has temporarily increased to 5.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    Trying to get one of my past accounts back on track. Got two containers after many hellish battles with undergraded equipment. 3,500x Crystals 50 Batteries I barely had supplies. I kept running out of repair kits, I barely had double armours and speed boosts. I needed supplies, 3,500 crystals didn't really add anything to my already small total. I saw green and hoped for anything but batteries, but as luck would have it, I got batteries. So I had no choice but to open my 8 weekly containers and got 300 of DA,DD and SB. Now that I have some supplies, I can help my team out more but the undergraded equipment is killing me, not to mention I've had a "Place in the Top 3 x 15" mission for months. I's on 10/15 now. 5-container opening 3,500x Crystals 125x Mines 250 Of All Supplies Peaks Paint Gears Paint
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    It's worse than it was before, how did your opinion of it become more critical after the nerf? Remember that the guy was also using the Booster Drone. If he didn't have a drone equipped, I'm sure that I would have beaten him.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Hypothetical Balance Changes - Shaft

    They are not suggestions. It's just to discuss how it would affect battles and game balance in general in-depth. And if they give thumbs up to a change that makes it very OP, then those players don't care about balance, but for personal gains. In foresight, it felt like a nice way to keep the Game Discussion sub-forum alive with new threads.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Turrets!

    This just sounds like an alteration for Ricochet.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Hypothetical Balance Changes - Shaft

    It was actually meant to have separate topics for separate turret changes and not just one big mega-thread. Each topic would discuss how the change in the original post would affect gameplay and in what way. If this topic is approved and stays up, then I or maybe you guys can branch off to the other turrets with more balance changes. Those 2 in the original post were the only things I could have changed for Shaft without it becoming unbearably OP. Gauss usage would skyrocket. If by reload, you mean sniping shot reload, then it would become: M0: 0.4 M1: 0.371 M2: 0.353 M3: 0.324 M4: 0.3 Almost non-existent basically. If you mean for the arcade shot, it would be worse. If you actually mean a 90% increase in the sniping reload, then it would make more sense, although it would be an inconvenience to target lone enemies.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I wouldn't call that misuse. If you had Hunter's Overdrive, would it be misuse to use it on one enemy as opposed to a group of enemies further behind the one you're battling? Would it be misuse for Viking's Overdrive if you use it on one person to win that close duel instead of a group of enemies on the other side of the map? (I can argue that this may be misuse in the eyes of some players since Viking's Overdrive takes so long to charge on its own). Would it be misuse if you used Mammoth's Overdrive against one person instead of the enemy with the rugby ball or your team's flag? It wouldn't be misuse in those cases. It would just be more valuable to use it on the group of enemies rather than one person. But sometimes, winning that duel with one player with your Overdrive can make a difference in a battle. It could either be a beneficial difference for your team or a detrimental difference for your team. It gets less useful the higher you go. M4 Railgun is basically Round Stabilisation but with a wider damage range because the pentrating power at M4 Railgun is 100%, which is the same as what Shell Stabilisation caps it at which is 100%. So it makes perfect sense to use other alterations but Shell Stabilisation in the higher ranks. And up there more damage = more scores. I noticed that my M2 Ricochet with MFS would shoot almost the same number of projectiles before running out of ammo as Stock Ricochet. I'll get the right numbers later but to give an idea, Stock Ricochet would shoot 24 projectiles before running out of ammo while MFS would shoot around 20 or 21 projectiles before running out of ammo. Edit: Did the test. My M2 Stock Ricochet shoots 20 projectiles before running out of ammo and MFS shoots 22-23 shots before running out of ammo. So it looks like MFS shoots more projectiles in one clip, but Stock Ricochet just shoots less projectiles faster. I am confident that I will miss the entire shot. I feel like Wasp is great in the lower ranks and the higher you go, the less effective the Overdrive is, just like Mammoth, I may say. The speed difference from M0 to M4 is the smallest for Mammoth. Making the bomb defuse when the Wasp dies is too much. Let it be damaged by its own bomb.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Hypothetical Balance Changes - Shaft

    This is an experiment thread to see what ground I can make with this. The point of this thread is to discuss how balance would be affected if particular changes were made to a turret, preferably a buff. Patch Note ###: Shaft: Arcade weak damage % increased to 50% Impact force for sniping shots increased by 40%
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    For a while now, I never saw Twins + Hornet as a good combination. Anything else but that, in my mind, was better. It is useful for all turrets but some turrets can benefit from it more because they have more range or their mechanics allow them to get away with sutff earlier than others, like LCR and RD Railgun, RGC and Mortar Magnum, Sledgehammer Thunder (Thunder in general but Sledgehammer just makes it flush the enemy team down a sewer), Smoky, Uranium Striker, Rapid-Fire Mode Shaft and Gauss. My aim as Isida Hornet gets knocked around too much for it to be useful, so I would only use Isida Hornet in a Sandal battle. And when it comes to Hornet's Overdrive, protection modules don't matter. It ignores it. You will deal the same damage to a player with double armour enabled as you would if they had 50% protection against you. The number of protection modules on the enemy team can show how much the Overdrive is worth, but not how useful it would be.
  25. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    I'd much rather use it with Dictator now. The extra height is always nice, except when you're using the Reinforced Aiming Transmission alteration. You can't hit Vikings with that at melee range. I've had a stationary Viking Gauss ignore my efforts to kill him because I had to keep rocking my hull just to do 200 damage every 2 seconds.
×
×
  • Create New...