-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
They said something about a spreadsheet with statistics that need to be updated. Once the numbers are updated, they are free to change it on the Wiki. It sounded like a "confirmation" checkpoint to me. They said the devs hadn't given them the "green light" so they couldn't do it (possibly out of fear of inaccurate information).
-
Are you saying that every dome has at least 4 teammates inside of it? No, it is not like that. There can be domes with just 2 player sin it. The Titan can be the only player in the dome. The Titan can put the dome down whenever it wants because it is theirs. And as a Hunter, you can sneak up on them. It's not like flanking has died. I've sneaked up on multiple players in a dome. Sometimes, it just can't be helped. There are 8 enemies and focusing on 1 enemy alone can leave you open to attack from the other 7. And 5 players in a dome can potentially lead to a massacre.
-
I...I did. I didn't know how to pronounce it when I first saw the word years ago so to remember how it was spelt, I just said to myself: Ay-zshaf-zshalla-zshokool. And saying that allows me to spell it out since I know what those sounds would be in writing.
-
Yes, he did. It was in a Polygon CP. He thanked me for the advice.
-
Woah, no wonder I've been seeing more Miner Drones. That drone is the only drone that isn't game-changing in MM battles. With every MM duration decrease, its effectiveness goes down. I thought the drone would only save mines planted by the tank itself. That explains why some craters of dead Magnums still have mines in them. As for RGC Magnum with Viking, the low profile is great for it. I use mine with Hornet so I'm accustomed to aiming it with Hornet. The thing I don't like thinking about with SSR is everyone has an immediate 20% protection module against you. But if I were to ignore that and play long enough for me to trick myself into thinking that it's Stock Vulcan, then I would see past the damage decrease. Get accustomed to new figures. Just like earlier where I switched to Uranium. I've been using RRE and Missile Launcher "Hunter" instead of Uranium for so long and I forgot how slow the rockets were. i could have sworn they were faster than the speed I saw. I can't blame them for using OP alterations and turrets (that are OP for a few months). Under the circumstances of Overdrives and Challenges, they'd want to get stars as fast as possible. For these types of situations, you may have to fight fire with fire, you buy the OP alterations and turrets and fight them with it. If you realise that your current equipment just isn't doing it for you in battles, then the OP equipment would. It's not necessarily a glitch. It's just utilising Vulcan's downward auto-aim which is 12 degrees (that's a fairly large downward auto-aim). Since all medium-range turrets have the same downward auto-aim, you can try it with those to see if it works as well. I don't know how they price the kits but Eyjafjallajökull was always on eh expensive side.
-
Have mercy on them with your M2 Smoky and Wasp. This was one taken months back but Javascript was a hacker just like that with Cyclone Striker and Wasp. Been here for a while.
-
Had a battle where a Wasp player dropped the bomb inside the ditch in Osa. It didn't kill me.
-
Have you encountered any Reinforced Gun Carriage Magnums? I can't tell whether they are more annoying that Mortar magnums sitting in the back. I use RGC Magnum a lot and it is fun but definitely too powerful (Magnum, not the alteration, probably). So is Gauss, Freeze and Isida. They all have the biggest gaps in statistics from M2 to M3 because of their cheap price. And just t let you know, Vulcan's damage calculation is...I really don't know. It says that it deals damage in 0.25-second ticks but there are many numbers appearing. Sometimes, you would see the damage being locked at one single number which is 1/4 of the damage parameter of the Vulcan. I have it M2 5/10 on one of my accounts and I look at how fast unprotected enemies die when I have double damage enabled. it's a nice speed, and those 2 buffs to its damage helped. I still think it's a niche turret because why use something hard when something easier is almost as if not more rewarding to use than Vulcan. I find that it pairs nicely with Dictator.
-
Why help the team when you can help yourself? ,
-
With all these no-recoil / impact force Vikings around, it basically undermines Hunter's advantages over it. It's the only medium hull I have on 2 of my accounts so I use it. I don't see the reason to purchase another one. I'm a player that has an unstable Viking so I'm not using Viking.
-
As I had said in the beginning, there are things to factor in for the success of killing the players in the dome. If they have protection against your turret and double armour activated in the dome, you're not going to kill it. But if they don't have protection against your turret or double armour activated, then you can kill them. This also factors in the Viking user having double damage activated or not. Yes, but Sledgehammer Rounds turns that number into 16 at M4.
-
Why does this keep happening?
-
I've attempted to revive two of my accounts that were not being used enough to make crystals to compete. I have successfully revived one of them, thanks to the two buffs Vulcan received and the joy of playing Dictator. I was able to save up weekly containers on that account, some regular containers and now I have close to 100k crystals on it, and even though it has less than 5 upgrades on the turret and hull, I am quite comfortable. The same can't really be said for the second account I'm trying to revive - the account of the player who introduced me to Tanki. Back in the years when we played together, along with a few others, playing with M1 equipment at wasn't something that made you useless. You still had fun and still got good scores. I used M1 equipment all the way up to back then. The player' account had M2 Isida on it and M1 Hornet (8/10). Slowly, I tried to get the crystals to get the last micro-upgrade to get it to M2 but it was hard with how weak the equipment I had was. I missed 4 sales where I could have gotten it but I ended up getting it the other week. It is now M2, but with 1/10 upgrades. The Isida is 2/10. I barely had supplies. i ahve hundreds of mines and double damages but my double armour, speed boost and repait kit counts were low, especially my RK count. it kept going down. I tried my best to utilise Isida's low HP per second healing to get points. I saved 8 weekly containers on it and wanted to open it when I ranked to , but my repair kit, double armour and double damage count was too low. I did some calculations and it wouldn't give me a lot more if I opened it at instead of , so I opened them and now I have a semi-comfortable stack of supplies, my RK count is still less than 100. A deterring factor was the weekly mission i had. Just my luck, the account received a "Place in the Top 3 in the winning team x 15" mission. I did many battles and only got 1/15. I was giving up hope that that account could be turned around. And then, Overdrives happened. The only hulls I could really use on that account is M2 Hornet and M1 Viking (with 5/10 upgrades). I decided to use Viking with Isida first to rack up the Overdrive charge, and then change to M1 Railgun or M1 Thunder and use the Overdrive with that. It proved well and I was able to get some numbers on the Top 3 x 15 mission. Now, I use Isida with Hornet to get the Overdrive charge and then change to Thunder or Smoky and use it. I was able to get two container so far, but it let me down with 3,500 crystals (my crystals count was low so it didn't matter) and 50 batteries (anything else would have been appreciated, but no, give me batteries <_<) I'm trying to enjoy my time on the account as much as I could. I'm on 11/15 right now and I'm looking to finish it this week with enough effort. Here are some enjoyable battles I've had with it: A good game with M1 Thunder + M2 Hornet This one was earlier this morning. I got 6 kills on severely wounded enemies at the start. 5 of those kills were from 2 Viking Overdrives. I snuck behind the enemy and unleashed the beast. Another great battle with M1 Railgun + Viking: I'm getting it back on track. protection modules are a slight concern but I'm more concerned about buying another turret to go with Hornet. I may go for Railgun so that I can play XP/BP when not in MM. I may buy Gauss but I'm not sure. That account had supplies on it, and had a somewhat acceptable turret and hull combination. That account needs an M3 turret to stay competitive, and it needs supplies since it's on a light hull. Try to utilise the hulls' Overdrives to the fullest in trying to get it back. Try you luck in containers. Mine wasn't good on that account but it may get better in the future.
-
This is where the leaderboard figures and knowledge of the Overdrive charge rates come in. Let's say a battle started and 1 minute later, someone who is playing with Wasp has 35 score from 2 kills and an assist. That Wasp got 25% of Overdrive charge from that kill and that assist. I don't know the current Wasp OD recharge time after the buff so I'm going to assume it recharges from 0-100% in 1 minute and 30 seconds. I would know that the Wasp would have about 60% of its Overdrive just from passive charging and the 25% from the 2 kills and the assist. So that's close to 90% there, just from looking at the time of the battle and the score of the player. Another important thing to look at is exactly how the player received that score. Capturing a flag as a Wasp would give you 50% charge. 5 kills as a Wasp would give you 75 score. Which one takes more time? It can be either but the killing would take longer to do than capturing the flag. If I see in a CTF battle they have 100 score, 0 kills, and the score is 1-0, then I would know that the Wasp either captured the flag and got some assists, captured a flag, got a kill, some assist, but self-destructed to make it look like 0, or just got a bunch of assists or assisted in the flag capture by dropping the flag for an enemy. Let's take another approach: Mammoth's Overdrive. I timed Mammoth's Overdrive after the change and it takes 2 minutes and 25 second to recharge. If after 1 and a half minutes, I see a Mammoth, I look at their score to gauge what % Overdrive charge they may have. After 1 and a half minutes, they may have around 55 or 50%. If they have 50 score, then it is likely that their Overdrive charge is about 90% going on 100%. So if I see that they may have the Overdrive, I go over and taunt them in hope that they use it. If I gauge that they have maybe 70%, it wouldn't make sense to go head-on against them with Hornet so I look for another opponent. All of these things I take into account when trying to strategies in short MM. I'll admit, it does tire me after an hour or so since some battles will cause frustration and hamper my ability to concentrate on that. You wouldn't know, but you can use your knowledge and resources available to you to make judgments on which plays to initiate, where to go, who to attack etc. I am not aware of how much % Overdrive charge each hull gets when healing with Isida. it doesn't look like much though, but I'm uncertain which si why I haven't extended this knowledge to enemy Isidas.
-
Alright, thank you for telling me. :)
-
*Targets Vikings all game*
-
category Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!
TheCongoSpider replied to Ilia.ArchangeI in Ideas and Suggestions
In most cases, it looks like a dome, since many spots on many maps are on flat ground and players are not able to see underneath it. Might as well call it a dome at that point. -
All turrets (probably except Vulcan) can potentially brute-force their way through the dome. What determines the success of that Viking is whether or not it has double damage enabled, whether or not the enemy has protection and/or double armour enabled, the alteration of the turret (some alterations allow for more shots with Viking's Overdrive), and how much Hp the tank inside the dome has remaining. It's much easier if the player doesn't have double armour or double damage when within the dome. If they have one of the two, then it will be harder. it's not a good Idea to use the Overdrive on players in the dome unless you can see their HP bars (from an ally Hornet) and make the right decision. You can become slightly selfless and continuously weaken them so that by the time the dome is finished, they'd have low health for your team's picking.Although Viking's Overdrive recharges too slow to pass up being selfish and taking those hard-earned kills.
-
Well he gave me the account in real life and not through the game (he lives near me)...so I don't know how much mileage that has.
-
He's not gonna be competitive at that rank, unless he is placed with players of a rank below him. If he had Dictator M2, he could have used that for free supplies and teamwork but it's M0 for him. I'd suggest using Railgun with his Wasp or Hornet in medium to big maps. 6/10 should be good enough. His Freeze can be used in smaller maps. The account has burned 800+ batteries. How does he have 0 now?
-
So you're telling me that buffing Freeze made it too weak? Or are you talking about the balance changes that were made without Freeze receiving a change? Freeze wasn't as competitive as Firebird before. They buffed it and it became too powerful. Battles were filled with Freezes and you die so quickly to them. Then, they nerfed it, but kept enough damage for it to be competitive with Firebird and Isida. Since then, I've seen many Freeze doing well in battles, often coming first place. And then they decreased the rank needed to purchase kits in the shop. The already powerful Siberian Kit is now able to be unlocked at and not in the shop. That is hands down the best kit to buy early on. You have M2 equipment where others would have M0 or M1. Some players upgrade it so that the Freeze is M3. It totally destroys Juggernaut battles down there. M3 and M4 Freeze is alright. Compare it to Isida. It deals 100 less damage every second but has more ammo, a faster reload and is able to freeze enemies. It also has a larger cone angle. I still see Freezes to this day doing great. It may not be as effective as you want it to be in the higher ranks, but just know that in the lower ranks, it is almost unbearable.
-
5-container opening: 125x Speed Boosts 125x Mines 125x Double Damages 125x Repair Kits x 2
-
One thing to set straight, you are not invincible when inside of a Titan's dome. The protection is not 100% It negating the other Overdrive swill depend on the order in which the Overdrive was used. If you were stunned by a Hornet but then put down the dome, then alright. Although that wouldn't be negating anything since you already suffered the effects of Hunter's zap. Does it negate Hornet's Overdrive? Hornet's Overdrive is a direct counter to the dome, as the Hornet ignores the protection given to the domes occupants. Mammoth's Overdrive does the same 999 damage regardless of if the dome is there or not. Hunter's Overdrive can destroy it. Wasp's bomb is more of an unreliable counter (in the higher ranks), but can still kill players within the dome. So as you can see, the dome has 4 counters. Two hard counters and two soft counters. Not true, at least in some occasions. It has its weaknesses as stated above. All of its weaknesses recharge faster than the dome except Viking's. Hunter's Overdrive recharges quickly. If the Titan puts it down, then the Hunter can zap it and any player inside of it if it's within range. It's not impossible to capture an enemy flag if they have a dome plopped down in your base. if you successfully infiltrated their base, stole their flag and come back to your base to see a group of enemies under a dome, don't shoot them. Just try to maneuver past them while hoping that you aren't noticed until you capture the flag. This will only work if the enemies stay inside the dome and not go for the flag. And you have the Other Overdrives to counter it in the process. Again, 4 counters. Speaking of putting the Overdrive in our base, while reading this, I was in a battle and this took place: Why should it not be a free HP boost? Imagine how weaker the Titans would be in DM battles. It doesn't have an Overdrive that allows it to kill better. It has one that allows it to potentially survive longer. If you're trying to shoot the players within the dome with a regular turret and no Overdrives, then you're doing the wrong thing. Use that time to flank the enemy. If you have counters in the form of Overdrives of Hornet, Hunter, Viking or Mammoth, use it if the dome was freshly dropped. Viking will have the hardest time overcoming the 85% protection of the dome, but it can, to quote @Maf, "brute-force through it" with its Overdrive. If it were to just be protection alone, it would not be great asset to the team with how many counters it has. Something else about Titan's dome, it can lead to a massacre of the players inside of it. The dome calls the Titan's allies to it. when that dome runs out, the enemies are free for the picking if some players waited until the end to use their Overdrives on the now grouped enemies. When I see a dome plopped down by an ally Titan, I time it so that i know to get the heck out of there so that i wouldn't be damaged or destroyed when it's wears off. And all of those kills are feeding the other team's Overdrive charge. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. Let's see how the devs handle the balance of it as they have more knowledge than we do.
-
It is the account of the player who first introduced me to Tanki. He doesn't play anymore. He gave me the account years ago but I barely made progress with it because of me being preoccupied with other accounts. I'm trying to get it back on track by earning containers. t was close to ranking for a long time and since I'm playing on it (or trying to) again, I was able to rank it up today. You will see the name in the near future, in fact, the name can already be found in the Game Discussion sub-forum. ;)
Jump to content










































































