Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    That is something I've always been skeptical of. The EN Wiki has the acquisition time under the upgradable parameters. The RU Wiki doesn't distinguish between the upgradable and non-upgradable parameters. Another thing that causes confusion is where M3 and M4 statisitcs come in. Is the change between M3 and M4 an exception? If your Striker is M3.95 (19/20), would it still have a 1.965-second acquisition time or would it have maybe a 1.80825-second acquisition time? That's where the lines seem blurred to me. If I go to the micro-upgrades section of the different turrets, it would show a table of the different statistics, highlights some with an asterik, then says at the bottom (Google-translated), "Additional parameters improved proportionally with the main one". Which means that those statistics are actually upgradable. Something I wondered for becoming the Juggernaut at M3 is if your upgrades influence your HP and damage. It is such a long and expensive leap from M3 to M4, it would be very cruel to only allow M4 Juggernauts to players with M4 Equipment and not have anyone below 20/20 the M3 Version, since there is a big difference in damage.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    The UFOs are coming!

    They are coming in 356 days.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    ★ Tanki Online Wiki Hub ★

    You're right, it doesn't shoot through bigger tanks. Now I'm wondering how I get hit even when they aren't at an angle to damage me directly. It's probably because I was using Hunter all of the time. It still happened when I used Hornet.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    You mean M3?
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Titan!

    I'm pretty sure that 7-metre range benefits the players with very low ping.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    I tried my best, but I was no match for an M4 Viking + Rapid-Fire Mode Shaft with a max-levelled Booster Drone. The guy almost one-shots medium hulls with an arcade shot. RFM still has its advantages. I'm sure if it were a bigger map, he wouldn't have performed so well.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    5-container opening: 3,500x Crystals 125x Speed Boosts 125x Double Damages x 2 Blue Shot Effect (Striker) Finally, a shot effect on an account of a turret that I actually use.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    When the gold box drop rate starts to increase on special events, the uncertainty will certainly promote multing. You wouldn't know if it's dropping or not, and since what is dropping is profitable and very prevalent (because of the increased drop rates), you'd be on the lookout more.
  9. Not unless you're quick on the draw. If I'm alone and I get shot, I immediately (less than 2 seconds) turn around and scout the area for them. And if you know what direction the shot came from, you can look around to see where they could have possibly hid. If you were shot at an angle of 240 degrees clockwise, you can look back at that same angle and see what cover the enemy might have had, Works every time for me.
  10. You can also look at where it hit you. If it hit you on the back left side of your tank, then you'd know it's behind you. You can turn around immediately and spot them, unless they killed you with the shot. Even then, you can raise your in-game camera to the highest point when respawning to see if you catch a glimpse of them. All of this can lead to great awareness skills and knowing where to avoid and where to go.
  11. True. There are some battles though where I and a few of my teammates would make smart plays that benefit the entire team. I hate it when an ally is on 10% HP with the flag and wouldn't give it to the big, strong Titan Twins right next to them. They must be either very selfish or desperately trying to complete a "capture a flag" mission. Teamwork isn't dead. It's endangered, but there is enough to not give up hope.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Isida!

    I see them, but the majority attack and not heal, because it's just more incentivised. With the healing score buff, I have more incentive to use Support Nanobots and I can actually place high on my team for the part I play in my team's victory. Sure, sometimes, like yesterday, I have battles where I still place at the bottom but at least I got a star and helped others get more stars.
  13. I get that, but it was a big let-down when they started taking away prizes from the Silver Tier. That just seemed like a line that shouldn't have been crossed. Oh how demotivating it is to see 4 empty tiers before the grand prize. That's 4 tiers of high star prices to get nothing in return. Decreasing the rewards earned in the Sliver Tier for certain tiers? Alright. Taking away the entire reward from a number of tiers doesn't seem alright. I want to believe they're doing this for the greater good of the game's economy.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Titan!

    Ah, understood now.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Titan!

    It's 7 metres at most, and even then, sometimes you could be touching, hell, even punching the enemy in their face and the Overdrive wouldn't even damage them. And seeing that its duration was halved, that no-damage phenomenon is more punishing. I've had many times where I activate it on them, push them with my mammoth and they receive no damage or just one random tick. I used 4 seconds of my Overdrive ramming into a Dictator that was reversing. He got pushed up on wall by me for the last two seconds and no damage was done to him. And then he immediately shot and killed me because I was on 5% HP. And the range varies depending on where the enemy is touching your Mammoth. if it is touching the sides of where the top of the trapezium is on the hull, then they'd be damage immediately. if it's from the front, then it has a nice range but sometimes ins't instant like the sides. If it's from the back, which is farthest away from the animation, then you'd have problems dealing damage to enemies. Most times, I must be directly touching the player, much less 7 metres off of them. Edit: By the top of the trapezium-like shape, I mean this:
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Fart Pump weapon behind Hulls

    Yeah, it would be just like Juggernaut's exhaust. When you accelerate both ways (forward and backward), it still produces exhaust.
  17. About it being OP, it's kinda iffy. You have a person silently locking onto you to possibly kill you at any time. And then it deals lots of damage if you're unprotected. And anyone in a 12-metre radius of you basically gets the same damage that you, the person whom the Gauss locked onto, did. And that's great and all, but then you have to actually aim, which is really hard if the target is constantly moving. And then you have to factor in if allies or even enemies get in front of the player you're targetting. Many times, I would almost lock onto this person but then an ally drives in front of me and my Gauss' visual is lost. Other times, They would get to cover right before I lock onto them. I had a battle the other day where my aim was disrupted 4 times in a row, either by a teammates or enemy getting in the way of the enemy I'm locking onto right on the edge of the last microseconds of locking on. It was super frustrating that it happened 4 times in a row. Overall, I'm getting great scores with it, but it feels too great. So far, the modes where it seems to shine is CP and on the red team in ASL battles.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    I unintentionally set up an octuple kill. AlexAm was dropping golds and I had decided to have some fun and zap multiple enemies before the gold box touches them and then kill them all. As I had zapped (what I saw as) 6 tanks, one second later, terter2018 shot a sniping shot and got that many kills. I just chuckled hard at that. His Overdrive charge meter must've shot up from 20% to 100% immediately. He then went on to win by a margin of 14:
  19. It is 20 metres. The "maximum splash damage range" for a Gauss sniping shot is 20 metres. The word "maximum" here can be confusing. It could mean the range at which 100% of the splash damage is retained or the range at which damage would be dealt to a target. 20 metres would be the latter and 2 metres would be the former. The average splash damage range for Gauss (which is what I think you're talking about) is 12 metres. You deal at least 90% of the total damage at 12 metres. That's a pretty large radius, in fact, it is the radius of Thunder's entire splash damage.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Test Server Watch

    None, since I can't load any battles so it doesn't make sense playing. But if I am on one of them, it can be either.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    English players in battles

    Since it's mostly Russian I see, I'm able to remember some words that are attributed to different interactions. If that guy says "Шафтoрак" after I keep killing him, then he's bound to come after me. That's me keeping one player distracted. Some players say "Блин" after I kill them. Thanks to Maf, I know that that player may be frustrated or too frustrated to play the battles thoroughly.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Test Server Watch

    They're test_Tentro and test_Tentroneimenung.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Test Server Watch

    Yeah, as you saw, it's not a new interface. I play Tanki with a minimised in-game window. Those pictures are the size of the window I play with.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Test Server Watch

    Yeah, I'm able to lead into battle now but I have this thing (that I've had before) where my tank would stay in its ghost form forever. I can't shoot or use supplies other than Repair Kits. It lets me do stuff like this: I don't know how I look on other players' screens but they seem to see me and shoot at me. What I can do is drive into them and I would be able to move them, just as I was able to move this stationary player 90 degrees anti-clockwise. After I "die" the first time, it seems as if I never spawn. But it shows that i die in the killfeed but my ghost tank is still there and driving. It's as if I disappeared for the remainder of the battle since players don't notice me after that and I don't have the pushing feature after I die. Other players have this problem as well.
×
×
  • Create New...