-
Posts
1 687 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
17
Everything posted by Venerable
-
Nope, I was using Trickster (17 or 18 upgrades, not sure - but definitely more than 15, which gives a significant boost to BA)...
-
Terminator Damage (one-shotting medium hulls)
Venerable replied to Venerable in Terminator Damage (one-shotting medium hulls) Archive
Hello! A few days ago, I voted some Juggernauts in TJR mode because they were able to destroy my tank (Viking) in a single shot even though I had Boosted Armor active along with Armadillo (36%). According to me, it is impossible to deal enough damage to destroy a medium hull with just 1 shot. Even if it's a critical shot, 36% protection is more than enough to ensure that it takes at least 2 shots. So, 1) Am I wrong? 2) If I have missed any update, I apologize for voting players unnecessarily. Please explain the changes to me, thanks! -
Rumor has it that Lose still doesn't know "what he should name this". This particular piece is giving me some ideas...
-
Reread this after a year... fantastic! D'you plan to write more horror stories, Lose?
-
Well... their loss ? Also, thanks for calling it a song!
-
im much likey interfes :)
-
Ah yes, aged like a wad of chewing gum that flies out of your mouth instead of turning into a bubble...
-
The King rules over his kingdom using a set of well-defined rules. Subject: Kings
-
Oh oooooof... we just finished one heart with IMMENSE difficulty, and now none of us have the energy for more :((( But I'm just glad that we at least communicated! Next time, I guess! @Bydo @mjmj5558 @At_Shin @GEORGIAN_G4MER @Thankxtu @madmancaryparkor @Tidebreaker @brainhoo @ZivOfficial I'll submit the pic(s) on our behalf to avoid repeated submissions! Thanks for coming! <3
-
Can we use the <Holiday> paint since it has a festive look which matches the theme?
-
Wanna join me? Let's make a heart!
-
No, my ears have ear-wax, I didn't hear about it. Subject: Ears
-
Thank you so much for such wonderful and heartwarming messages! It does feel good to know that I'll be remembered and respected for what I did as a Helper - but all of that would have never happened if I hadn't received criticism, feedback, and support from you all. <3 Aight Forumods, if you still close leaving topics nowadays, feel free to do so. If you don't close such topics in the Writers' Corner, then I'd be very grateful if could leave this topic unlocked. Thanks for being amazing!
-
I've retired recently. I was a Newspaper Reporter (EN), Social Media Helper (EN), and Wiki Content Writer (EN). Here's my goodbye topic (if you guys add it to the list for non-admins ): https://en.tankiforum.com/topic/394646-i-am-retire-goodbye-all/ Being a Helper of this game was very fun and enjoyable, but it's now time to focus on real life. :D EDIT: Since the Newspaper is now closed, you can add all Reporters to the list. For EN - kaisdf (admin), Person_Random (admin), Tidebreaker, Pythor, LOLKILLERTOTHEDEATH, Hippin_In_Hawaii, Iron_Man (add him to Forum Mods too), 20H12 (previously, "Dynasty; FR Manager), Regency (FR Manager) angeclown (FR), Sabry.Superman (see below).
-
Some fantabulistical pics by Vision and 20H12! ? By Vision By 20H12
-
The title is a world-famous-among-Helpers quote by Destrod, a former Reporter. Please do not change it, Forum Mods ? Uhh yes, I am retiring from all of my Helper positions in the next 2-3 days (maybe sooner, idk). I really need to start focusing on my education now and I won't be able to manage both real and virtual lives... Not many know this, but I was rejected for Assistant back in December 2020 when I had first tried to become a Helper, and then I applied for Newspaper Reporter. Since then, I've worked in two more positions, Social Media Helper and Wiki Content Writer. My Newspaper career was short, but it was fun while it lasted. Newspaper Reporter is one of the best positions to have ever existed, at least for me, and I am very glad that I could be a part of the Newspaper team! Wiki Content Writing was less writing, more multing, but I still enjoyed the experience of working behind the scenes on the Wiki. It was getting quite lonely in the Content Writing department until CREATOR77 showed up, and this past month was very fruitful because of Creator's activity. He also passed his candidacy today, by the way! 'Gratz! My SM career... full of ups and downs, but still very fun. Warning/muting/banning players on Discord does lead to bad blood between moderators and the punished (players)... but that's normal. I'm still grateful to everyone who fought with me, argued with me, insulted me, ridiculed me, and even loathed me — you helped me understand different perspectives better and made me a better human being! Just interacting with you all on Discord changed me from within, expanded my world view, made me question some of my core beliefs, and so much more! All of this helped me to simply become a better human being, and so I'm grateful. I would also like to apologize if I hurt you — those punishments were nothing personal. I've even had to punish good friends of mine because that's just how life works. I'm not sorry for punishing you, but I'm definitely sorry if I hurt you in any way. If you are someone who liked me, appreciated my work, gave me constructive feedback, and supported me, then thank you! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! It is never easy to do something if everyone is against it — but if there's even one person who thinks you're doing the right thing, it's enough to keep you going, and I'm no exception to this. Thank you for being such amazing people! I will probably leave the game and the Forum too when my college starts on 14th February, but you can still contact me on Discord. My display nickname in the TO server will always have either "Venerable" or "Photo", and my Discord tag will always be "Photophosphorylation". It has been a wonderful year as a Helper, and a little more than a year as a community member (I joined the Forum quite late :p ). I'm just so happy that I could be here in this community! Alas, life rudely reminded me that it exists, and all went haywire lol. Leaving won't change my life much... I will still be a procrastinator, and I will still struggle with assignments and stuff — but at least I won't have to worry about extra things that don't concern my education much! I won't thank anyone in particular, as such actions can often hurt those who don't get mentioned... So just know that I am grateful to you all for simply being there! Whether we've been friends or enemies, I think both parties gained a little something from our interactions, and that's what matters! Off I go back into the world, Leaving this wonderful place My life's sail is now unfurled, And my life is gaining pace. I take your leave and say goodbye But don't feel bad and please don't cry Just laugh and rejoice, perhaps I'm not dead yet — not gonna lie... I'm grateful, my friends, to all of you Thank you, thank you, I bid you adieu! I'm now moving on and so must you! No, I won't be back in a week or two. >:( Much thanks, much love, much good wishes! Bye bye! ?
- 28 replies
-
- 50
-
-
-
-
Catching goldboxes? Meh, not fun.* Looking at those lovely red cubes falling gracefully from the sky? Now that's what I'm talkin' about... ? Honestly though, I'm loving the festive goldbox skin! It's beautiful!
-
What's misleading here? The EMP status effect has been tweaked, but there is no change in EMP Immunity. If you equip EMP Immunity, supply-cooldowns along with the supplies themselves will remain unaffected by any EMPs. Wiki Administrators had opened applications for Wiki Editor about a month ago. (This part has been edited. I had written that applications were open. Applications are closed at the moment, and I sincerely apologize for the confusion.) In any case, we have only one Wiki Editor on the team right now, Kydapoot, and he's actually doing an excellent job. If you find any outdated information on the Wiki, please report it using the "Ctrl+Enter" feature, (or) in the Wiki Hub Discord server by creating a ticket, or in the Wiki Hub Forum topic. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
-
Yep, it's the same "cover skin" but without those nuclear symbols. Who knows... ? Opinions can change... Mine hasn't, however, for I prefer Freeze HD to Freeze SE. As Marcus said, "the image exactly shows how the skin looks." And no, we aren't "supposed to praise skins" just because we're Helpers. Should there be a problem if a Helper likes the new SE skin? That'd be rather unfair ? Personally, I'm not a fan of this skin — too much metal... Freeze HD shows paints better, in my opinion. But that's the point! It is impossible to have cosmetic items which are liked by every player, so it boils down to personal opinions! :)
-
If you have Windows 10 (or even Windows 11), and if your laptop also has a GPU (Graphics Card), then this might help:
-
A grenade launcher would be very similar to Snowman or Magnum if the grenades are launched in a parabolic trajectory and if they explode on contact. Or, you can also compare the grenade to a rugby ball... This doesn't sound very exciting to be honest. However, I like this "rolling" concept. If the turret could shoot out bombs which fall on the ground almost instantly and start rolling with some initial propulsion, then such a turret would be super cool! This is very similar to how a torpedo is launched from a ship — the torpedo is kinda thrown out of the ship, and it starts moving towards its target only after it enters the water below.
-
I am a free-to-play player even if I'm a Helper. Before I became a Helper, I was still a free-to-play player. Also, I have a few alt accounts too which do not get any benefits from my Helper-work. I said that I can see every update from the perspective of normal players (not quoting exactly), which is very much possible since I have been in their position before. I never implied (I hope) that I am an average F2P player, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm still F2P, because I don't spend real money on online games. Why do I not have 9999 GS? Simply because I'm not that good at managing resources or playing the game. Brutus is the only maxed out drone in my Garage, and I couldn't even go beyond Mk5 while upgrading Armadillo because it's too expensive (even with my "benefits"). I use Spectrum B only because I'm lazy — I don't need to worry about equipping specific protection modules in battles. My mindset is still F2P, but there's no denying that I manage to enjoy the game a bit more than normal players thanks to Helper-benefits. The majority and the minority are seldom right simultaneously, and hence there are times when one needs to be chosen over the other. It boils down to who is in a position of authority/power to make that choice. That choice will most definitely be controversial, and I think there are multiple ways to deal with that choice (or respond to it) — any further changes or tweaks depend on which way you use to respond to the decision. Having a different opinion is perfectly fine, but it becomes a problem when that opinion is expressed in a not-so-nice way. Mutual respect, politeness, and having an open mind are absolutely essential for having a fruitful and civil discussion between people with dissimilar opinions. You know, this whole thing started simply because I said that the Token of Apology containers helped in removing any remaining Mk1s from the reward-pool. Now that the Mk1 bug is fixed, that statement of mine has become somewhat obsolete. I took time to understand why those 23 containers were sent, but I eventually got it. After reading dozens of complaints/reports, I only realised that players were getting the wrong idea, and I tried to explain it to them. If I can justify or explain a certain decision made by the Developers, then I will try my best to do so in order to remove any misconceptions or confusion. However, I purposely avoid discussing stuff that I don't agree with or don't fully understand, until I get enough clarity/knowledge about it. It's just unfortunate that player's don't read my posts with an open mind and immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm defending the game just because I'm a Helper.
-
1) Yes, naturally. 2) I'm pretty sure that by the time a player reaches Legend (I'm referring to any high rank tbh, perhaps starting from the Lieutenant ranks), they'll get all Mk1s from containers. I think it was quite evident from the 23-containers episode that getting Mk1s from containers isn't that difficult, and getting containers has become much easier too. The higher rarities might be a problem though — we'll have to wait for new players to reach Legend (or any other high rank) and share their experiences, or create RTL-ish alts to figure it out ourselves.
-
One of the main reasons behind stopping the discussion was this: I found it very frustrating when not a single Forumer read my posts fully/correctly, except perhaps wolverine848 and TheCongoSpider (thanks for that, wolverine and Congo). The Forum Moderators obviously read every post fully. Every reply I got was either for a part of what I said, or for something fundamentally different from the actual point I was making (even though it was closely related to the point I made). Or, in some cases, the reply was for something that I had never said! This led to discussions on topics which I had consciously omitted from my posts (to avoid drifting away from the main point). If you read my post once again, you will find that I said "...because they're cheaper than the thousand crystals that you'll most probably get." — i.e. 1000 crystals, the common reward from the new containers. This may seem very trivial to you, but such tiny misunderstandings lead to unnecessary and often weary conversations, and I need to continuously reiterate my original point. I can't and won't deny that fact at all. The rewards and chances of containers were intentionally changed to their current form. I know that getting 1000 crystals has become very common. But I also know that this particular update is very unlikely to change, so I think I'm better off without thinking too much about it. Why am I not complaining? Well, I'm simply not complaining publicly. As mentioned earlier, there are protocols in place for Helpers to voice their concerns. I agree. I am a free-to-play player. I can easily see every update from the perspective of "the majority of the players". But despite all this, I still feel that I can see some things which the majority doesn't (I'm not saying can't, I'm saying doesn't), and voicing this opinion of mine leads to backlash. That backlash is often full of misunderstandings and toxicity, so I try my best to steer clear of such situations. I'll use an analogy here, though I'd like to clarify in advance that I do NOT think that players are completely wrong: Even if everyone except one person believes that the Sun rises in the South, it doesn't mean that the Sun rises in the South. The Sun still rises in the East. Sometimes listening to the majority isn't the best option... I won't question my Helper position even if Tanki died today. I am a Helper because I want to help. In this process of helping players, I have become a much better human being and have gained multiple new soft skills which help me out in real life. So yes, I'm slightly selfish in this regard. If I can be of assistance to players while improving myself at the same time, then I don't see any reason to question my position. Till the time I'm here, I'll try to make things better in my own little ways and with whatever powers/responsibilities that come with my position. Anyway, I've already gone far enough by replying to you despite saying that I wish to stop this discussion... :x (if required, I'll respond via Forum PM)
-
1. I understood that, and I am still saying that it's perfectly normal and possible. Look, even if you got that Mk1 a few days back (before Patch Update #676), it's not a problem because you already got a compensatory container for this wasted container before (among those 23 extra containers that you claimed). If you got all available Mk1s, good for you. If some Mk1s are still available in your containers' reward-pool, even then it's fine because you already got some rewards in lieu of the Mk1s that you'd inevitably get in the future, just like you got Ricochet Mk1. 2. That can't really be helped as of now because the Developers seem pretty set on adding Mk1s to containers and making turrets & hulls exclusive to containers in the near future. This is intentional. As I said before, buying those Mk1s (during sales, preferably) before opening containers is better because they're cheaper than the thousand crystals that you'll most probably get. Well, this discussion is going back and forth because irrespective of what I say, your opinion or perspective is not going to change. I have read and understood every single point that you posted, and my personal beliefs about certain aspects of the game aren't going to change in a hurry. Don't mistake this for indifference. I simply don't agree with a few points because I see the same thing from a different perspective. My responses to your complaints will never be sufficient (yes, I still have responses, but they will surely be dismissed as biased or bootlicking), so I'd like to stop this discussion from my side. Your complaints will still be forwarded by Forum Moderators in weekly/monthly reports, so don't worry about that. Reaching a consensus doesn't seem likely, and I choose to stop. You may think that I'm conceding "defeat" — I can't do anything about that. But I know a fruitless debate when I see one, so I'll stop from my side. Thank you for your time!
Jump to content










































































