Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

LittleWillie

Tanker
  • Posts

    3 454
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by LittleWillie

  1. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    Well ... in 85 minutes Thunker will be so. :mellow:
  2. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    Right, any of the growth paths can be mild. But in general exponential growth accelerates and this even gets worse as teh number of orders goes up. Left unmentioned above is this: It is difficult to balance 3rd order growth against 2nd order. Turrets that compare well at m0 no longer do at m4. Or vice versa. This is an additional difficulty atop the mystery of balancing all the different basic types! Tanki made their lives a lot simpler and I do not blame them for that much. :) Now, as for those kits during halloween? ? ?
  3. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    My understanding from veteran players is there will be a sale on Halloween. I've posted this before and I will post it again. I really hope Tanki makes ALL kits available for sale in the garage during this sale. There are substantial changes to this update and many players need a specific kit to adapt to said changes. It is indefensible that some of those lucky players will be able to buy their needed kits right away and at an even better price, while others will have to wait two more week and pay full price. Meanwhile all those two weeks they will be playing with unwanted equipment and cursing Tanki Company. All for no fault on the players' parts. Just because of luck on what happens to be available after the update goes through. (I've counted on my fingers and toes and I am pretty sure I am in the wait-two-more-weeks group.) Why would Tanki Company want to make this sort of public relations bliunder, when all they have to do is make all kits available in the garage during the next sale?
  4. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    WARNING: Math Geeking The problems with Smoky and Isida are similar and Tanki took a similar approach to re-balance them. As equipment quality improves, most turrets' primary DPS calculations improve per second-order exponential growth. But Smoky's output follows third-order exponential growth. Isida's DPS output remains secornd-order, but the self-healing function gave the overall tank a third-order growth effect, in terms of added survival ability. Example, Rail's DPS improves per (base damage increases) times (reload time gets shorter) = a 2nd-order growth progression. Smoky DPS improves per (base damage increases) times (reload time gets shorter) times (critical hit frequency increases) = 3rd order growth. Isida's DPS improves per (base damage increases) times (reload time gets shorter) = a 2nd-order growth progression. Meanwhile self-healing efficiency also improves with quality. Which in effect means the Isida lives longer which gives it more time to deal damage. Overall this has a 3rd order effect. Tanki has responded by changing the critical hit chance and the self-healing efficiency. They have changed them from something that improves with quality to a constant value. They have changed the 3rd-order growth advantage these turrets had to 2nd-order growth patterns consistent with the other choices. Geek out
  5. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    Right. The biggest(hardest) issue is to re-work the game system so that active players who do well on a losing team and obtain a reasonable Cry payout.
  6. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    Since your natural instincts are for team play and support I think you will find the 'new' Isida quite viable. With fewer Isida players around your support value will make you legendary among your peers. :D
  7. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    Mines will actually be a bit deadlier, since some hulls are getting their armor reduced. A mine with DD will kill any hull that is not using DA and any light hull that is ... all the way up to m4. (Based on a 2000pt damage mine)
  8. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    I have an account with m0 5/50 Viking and Smoky. I played that back to back with a TX Viking/Smoky also at 5 upgrade steps. It's not just the low-end equipment. The TO gear drove intuitively, the TO turret does not keep spinning a half-second after you stop. TX for whatever rason has slow moving tanks that spin like tops and turrets that have a spongy response. Meanwhile yo are driving a tank the size of a small hill.
  9. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    I guess I could test this on my "experiment-away" account. . .
  10. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    Someone gets what it feels like! Thank you. :) That's the thing about the way this game is set up. At some ranks your gear is newly upgraded and you cruise. At other ranks it's flip-flopped and life o n the battlefiled is short.
  11. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    It is not going to earn me more Crystals if I have to spend hundreds of thousands of them to buy the gear needed to enter the format! Tanki, about those marketing hires . . .
  12. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    I am in a similar boat. I would have bought Northerner just before this change was announced if it had been in the rotation. Bow I do not know what I will buy after the change ... but I have been sitting on this pile of Cry for a long time and the wait still is not over. The philosophy at Tanki seems to be, "Punish the Customer".
  13. LittleWillie

    Ideas for Maps!

    Twisted Metal III had a map like this. In TM you drive a car equipped with missiles and machine guns etc and blow up other cars. This TM3 map was of a kid's bedroom with furniture and scattered kid's toys a good amount of Hot Wheels track forming ramps and jumps and whatnot. :)
  14. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    You can get all the Cry and Supplies you need and not pay a penny on the game. All you have to do is play your daily missions then log out. (You can actually play a couple more games / day but not too much more.) Of course it will take you years to reach Gizmo ... but there's no reason to reach Gizmo. Of course this reveals a gigantic design flaw to Tanki. The game rewards you more for laying it less! This is not a good system to drive revenues Tanki. Hire yourself some marketing pros! Y'all are right n00bs at marketing your product. :angry:
  15. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    THIS!!! The glaring flaw in Tanki is the economic system. The turrtes/hulls balance is less significant that the fallout form the insane high prices. 90% of all game played on maybe 5 maps because of the Cry grind. I often check a dozen servers or more trying to find a game in my rank that is not on one of those F-ing maps like Poly CP or ANY game format on Monte Cristo. (I know snipers need strong sniper maps too but it's not for me.)
  16. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    I suspect you are one of those Isida players who pops a speed boost so you can run away from my wounded tank even faster, because ignore teammates killkillkilllkill. I won't miss those players.
  17. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    The gameplay of TX is nothing like the gameplay of TO. TX is sluggish and slow. The tank models are ridiculously huge scompared to the maps ... almost the size of cottages. The graphics certainly have higher capabilites but the look is actually worse IMO. In TO's large maps there is a genuine sense of distance. In TX the gigantic tanks and tiny map features mean the most distant tank looks - at most - like near-medium-range in TO. When TO goes away (as all things do) I see no reason to do it all over again on the much inferiour TX. The Tanki company really needs those western marketing experts.
  18. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    I don't see why ANY of these format battles are needed. The game has 11 turrets and 7 hulls but only players who like a certain 1 or 2 types are indulged in a separate game experience? Tanki does stuff I've never seen any gaming company do before. I never thought I'd find a reason to praise western marketing professionals. :rolleyes:
  19. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    You'll always have Paris Polygon.
  20. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    This is why my strategy is to avoid leveling up. I play my daily missions but not much more. That way I always have enough supplies, I earn 2 to 3 Cry for every experience point, and I avoid the rampant drugging and mults that plague the end-game. So what if my rank is low? I play m2 against m2 (once I buy my m2 gear) in the same maps and the same 4 basic game modes as Gizmos. There's no reason to rank up in TO and some good reasons not to!
  21. LittleWillie

    New balance changes and other features

    I don't see this as an issue. I've run into the 1 minute timer maybe twice in months of play.
  22. LittleWillie

    Episode 110 of the V-LOG is here

    The target date is Oct 20 according to Vlog 110. OIOW, tonight. :o Since it's gonna happen no matter what our opinions I say sooner the better.
  23. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    Yes, I did not find the impact force from Smoly very significant. I did notice Rail's impact spun the new Viking a lot. And once, once a Smoky spun my nose hard. I think that was probably a Smoky using the alteration. But when I used the alteration I could not really tell if it was on or not. I did make one Wasp do a crazy flip, once. but who know how it would have flipped with anormal impact force? Maybe not as dramtic but it'd have flipped. As someone said, the Smoky alteration might be fun at time ... if you have 50,000 Cry you don't need for anything else.
  24. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    It was based off the average of min/max
×
×
  • Create New...