-
Posts
3 454 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by LittleWillie
-
Red team member: Blue is drugging! Druggers! Blue team member: No I'm not. repeat during entire game. Happened yesterday. Both players were Marshals. Some ppl never stop being noobs. They do make it to my Ignore list though.
-
If Rugby is so buggy just drop it dawn the priority list. Put that project on hiatus and devore dev time to fixing issues players want to see done: Nerf Magnum Un-nerf Striker. Vulcan overheating bug Shaft damage bug I;m sure forumers could add a dozen more items to the priority list over a new mode no one asked for nor expected two months ago.
-
I have been using this thing more often and I gotta say it's pretty darn nice on larger maps. Until a fully drugged Isida/Hornet comes charging at you. Then I miss my +impact. :) Well botom line is I will be making use of this much more often. I am sold. Smoky is one of the few turrets with both alterations improving the basic weapon.
-
I compares more to Thunder than Smoky both in ROF and damage/shot. But much less impact and a far less responsive turret. Still when you are used to Smoky using Shaft in arcade works far better than some attackers expect. :ph34r:
-
I'm not posting my Containers because ... well ... I'm the guy with the spreadsheet. But maybe y'all will be amused to learn I have had three accounts now get two paints out of their 3 Container allotment. I've gotten Zombie now twice. Oy vey. Well I was darn lucky week 1 now that luck has evened out. :) We have 282 openings now ... I will make a report again tomorrow afternoonish USA time. I am sure we will have over 300 by then. Thanks again everyone!
-
TO's Supplies types are simplistic and are also the single most decisive element in battle. The difference between m2 gear and m4 gear is on the order of 40% to 60%. The difference between DD and no DD is 100%. I've prefer a different system myself. But TO has made ot pretty darn clear Supplies are not going to chance much if any. So that leaves us with three possible overall conditions. 1] No one has Supplies in stock. Any Supply must be picked up off the map. 2] People have Supplies in stock. But only player who buy them from the Shop have them in significant numbers 3] People have Supplies in stock. Shop buyers and non-buyers both have them in significant numbers. 1 and 3 are competitive situations. 2 is pure Pay To Win. 1 has never happened and never will. The game was effectively in Condition 2, or damn close to it. But since the weekly missions went to 3x (then to the current 1.8x+Containers) the game has moved to condition 3. So yes, Supplies in TO are simplistic and not that interesting. But anyone who likes playing often will be able to get enough of them to compete with the most lavish buyer. (Well unless you play 40 or 50 15 minute games every day.... eventually you will run out.)
-
Some people seem confused about the Categories. (Common, Uncommon, etc) The bottom line is, these Categories don't mean that much. What does matter is the percent chance for each reward Type. (125 DA, 5 GB, 10 GB, Garage Paint, Shop Paint, etc). WIki IMPLIES the odds for each Type within the same Category are the same, but that may or may not be true. Categories are just crude and undefined indicators of probability. This projects exists to move past crude and undefined to accurate and specific probabilities. We do that by recording the occurance of each of the 18 reward Types then dividing by the total number of opened Containers. The more Containers we open, the more confident we are of our results. As I type this we have 262 Containers recorded. We'll have 1,000+ before we know it. :) Hope this helps.
-
On the actual article: I think you are wrong about the Viking OD. AS other point out this OD can stack with Supplies or the Dictarot OD. Vikings thus will be able to deal more damage for awhile than any other hull. You want to combine with other hull not a swarm of Vikings. I think you are dead wrong in your complacency these things will all be roughly as useful as the others. I am 99% certain the exact opposite will happen. One or two of these will prove much much more powerful than the others, and one or two will prove to be mch muc weaker than the others. I expect to see fewer types og hulls in battle as the majority of players buy the OP hull ODs. This is why I posted a suggestion the "Zero Supply" / Dictator OD be kept for all 7 hulls. (A new special OD for Dictator would have to be developed.) Players could use the Zero Supply OD or they could use the specialized OD much as turret alterations are activated. That way the hulls that get the lousy ODs will at least have a proven backup to use. But mostly everything at this point is speculation. The only thing we can count on is the new OD system will drastivcally alter the existing game balance. My guess is, not for the better. I think you are correct in that we will see a massive upsurge in Dictators soon after this goes live. The Zero Supply OD is useful in all circumstances and is easy to use. Others are highly contingent on having the right circumstances or else they are of little use. Wasp, Mammoth, I am looking at you. Where do you get the longer range claim? I've not heard that. (Did I miss something?)
-
austen_pierce summed it up very well. The trick is to accept this mindset sincerely. When you are committed to the plan you will not squander Crystals. You will be too worried over Not Having Enough To Take Advantage Of The Next Sale. It becomes a string of medium-length periods of saving up, followed by drunken sailor spending during the next sale. The thought of missing out on that sale will keep you miserly. To which I suggest not dwelling on the battle payout screen or your overall rating page. I do not even look at the battle results screen 75% of the time. Short term out of sight out of mind. It is the long-run that counts.
-
Thanks for the info. But this sort of info will go a lot farther if you post it in this thread. With enough Container openings we can learn exactly what to expect out of our mission containers over the long term. I've already collected these results so you do not need to post them again. But in the future please consider being a contributor to the linked project. EVERYONE is welcome. The more the merrier.
-
Cue the meteors.
-
Using the client. Entered the game OK. But when Itrioed to enter a game off the battle list the green "wait bar" would fill to about 2%-3^ then close. Re-click re-click re-click... every time the bar would barely start to fill then It would close. So I exited teh client and signed on again. This time I was able t join the battle. Played it to the end. Exited to the lobby. Moved from TDM mode to CP mode. Picked a new battle to join off the battle list. Same thing. Every click to join a team booted me back to the lobby after just a second. Exited the game and the client. Came here to make this report. NEVER have seen this before.
-
Who will you miss when they officially leave?
LittleWillie replied to jazz20 in Off-Topic Discussion
All of them! You can't hit a tank what ain't on the battlefield. :) -
I used 3 different values up to the max of 1,000 Cry. However I did change the report to a Cry value from a percentage. Now you can see exactly how much value in cash and supplies for all three estimations. Note the cash amount does not vary too much from high to low, but the supplies value does. I also fixed an error in the HIGH estimation. To ALL: Please if you have a comment like this send me a PM. Please try to keep this thread limited to nothing but opening results and the periodic reports.
-
Second Report. Containers recorded = 201 This is still a low sample size. e.g. Contributors have not yet reported a 10 day PA. Some percentages are starting to sort out. But many still contain significant error, I changed the organization a little. Garage Paints are listed as Rare. But we have had many more Garage paints reported than the other Rare items. I am starting to think not all items within a category all have the same odds. At any rate, I now list the Paints all together as their own category. Let's keep going. One week into this project we are already at 20% of the minimum goal of 1,000 openings, :) --- Common Rewards = 54.2% of all rewards 3.5k Cry 12.4% 125 DA 10.9% 125 DD 11.9% 125 SU 8.5% 125 Mines 10.4% Uncommon Rewards = 31.8% of all rewards 10k Cry 12.9% 125 RK 6.0% 100 Each 5.5% 3 Day PA 3.0% 5 GB 4.5% Rare Rewards = 5.0% of all rewards 25k Cry 2.5% 250 Each 0.5% 10 Day PA 0.0% 10 GB 2.0% Paint Rewards = 9.0% of all rewards Garage 5.0% Shop 3.0% Premium 0.0% Legendary 1.0% Three Valuation Systems Note I made a tiny change to the low value model. I assume you will catch one GB out of every 20 you drop. So ech GB is valued at 50 Cry. Low Value: Basic Supplies =12.5, RK = 37.5, 100 Ea Kit = 8.750, 1 Day PA = 2.5k + Supplies value = 3,113, GB = 50, Paints = 0 Our 201 Containers averaged 4,171 Cry value in this system. 2,596 Cry in cash & 1,575 Cry value in supplies -- Mid Value: Basic Supplies =25, RK = 75, 100 Ea Kit = 8.750, 1 Day PA = 3k + Supplies value = 4,225, GB = 500, Paints = 0 Our 201 Containers averaged 5,394 Cry value in this system. 2,831 Cry in cash & 2,563 Cry value in supplies -- High Value: Basics = 50, RK = 150, 100 Ea Kit = 17,500, 1 Day PA = 3k + Supplies value = 5,450, GB = 1,000, Paints = 0 Our 201 Containers averaged 8,168 Cry value in this system. 3,042 Cry in cash & 5,126 Cry value in supplies
-
Why does tanki allow m0 guns and hulls to be used in m2 + battles
LittleWillie replied to PhantomFlanFlinger in Archive
Oh get over yourself. I simply asked you a question. I have been on teams with no Isida before. Someone asks in chat for a player to swap out to Isida. I've done so with an Isida m0 just because no one else had one. My team was glad. So sell your indignation walking. Why Tanki allows it is probably because A] it is not that prevalent a problem and B] programming dificulties. So now you have an answer. There are many many lousy teammates out there no just m0 users. When you are stuck with them find another game. -
Why does tanki allow m0 guns and hulls to be used in m2 + battles
LittleWillie replied to PhantomFlanFlinger in Archive
Did your team have any Isidas besides that player? If the answer is 'no' he might have used the Isida just to give the team some healing capability. -
Not in my experience. I use +impact ammo with Smoky a LOT. Titans are rocked more than Mammoths. Mammoths and Dictators are most resistant to the Impact alteration, One of Mammoth's advantages is its forward mounted turret. You can poke less of your hull around corners when shooting. llSideSwipell, on 15 Jan 2018 - 09:02, said: Get in the habit of spinning up the gun early. I start spinning up before I round a corner before I even know there's anyone there around the corner.
-
I agree Smoky has advantages over Rico. I leverage those advantages to beat Ricos every day. Ricos are not invulnerable. But Rico has advantages over Smoky. Every day Rico players leverage those advantages to kill me. The point is, the overall Rico package is in sum more effective more often than is Smoky's. It is not enough to say, Smoky has these advantages over Rico, therefore Rico is weak. Both sides of the coin must be reviewed. ----- Actually you do not design games so only the top 0.3% of the player base can make use of the designs. Play balance is determined in the meat of the distribution curves not the trailing edges.
-
I had the number 1,000 in mind too in order to reduce estimation error. We'll see how close we get to that. :) I am assuming Paints work like this. There is a fixed percentage for each paint category. If opening a Container results in one of the Paint categories, then a 2nd random result is made to chose exactly which paint in that category. I am not trying to determine the chance to get a specific Paint just the chance to unlock the different Paint categories. I'd rather keep to Containers opened in 2018 just to be sure we do not mix different probability tables. If you have data to Dec 24 you can list it but please tell me which containers date to 2017. I can note those entries in my recordds. NOTHING from before Dec 24 though, please!
-
Thanks for the info but I have created a new thread with better instructions. This was was getting unruly. I have your data though it is not reflected in the First Report. Please just use the new thread fro now on. Thanks.
-
First Report. Containers recorded = 106. This is still a low sample size so the percentages still contain considerable error. Some rewards were not yet seen. Let's keep going. :) --- Common Rewards 3.5k Cry 9.4% 125 DA 7.5% 125 DD 14.2% 125 SU 9.4% 125 Mines 9..4% Uncommon Rewards 10k Cry 11.3% 125 RK 7.5% 100 Each 6.6% 3 Day PA 4.7% 5 GB 8.5% Rare Rewards 25k Cry 0.9% 250 Each 0.9% 10 Day PA 0.0% 10 GB 0.0% Paint (G) 5.7% Epic Rewards Paint (S) 2.8% Paint (P) 0.0% Legendary Rewards Paint (L) 0.9% Three Valuation Systems Low Value: Basic Supplies =12.5, RK = 37.5, 100 Ea Kit = 8.750, 1 Day PA = 2.5k + Supplies value = 3,113, GB = 0, Paints = 0 Our 106 Containers averaged 3,910 Cry value in this system. 55% of that value in cash, 45% value in supplies -- Mid Value: Basic Supplies =25, RK = 75, 100 Ea Kit = 8.750, 1 Day PA = 3k + Supplies value = 4,225, GB = 500, Paints = 0 Our 106 Containers averaged 5,268 Cry value in this system. 48% of that value in cash, 52% value in supplies -- High Value: Basics = 50, RK = 150, 100 Ea Kit = 17,500, 1 Day PA = 3k + Supplies value = 5,450, GB = 1,000, Paints = 0 Our 106 Containers averaged 8,413 Cry value in this system. 34% of that value in cash, 66% value in supplies In all value systems the most profitable category is the UNCOMMON category.
-
Containers from any source are great .... but ... I don't think we want to use the Black Friday or other older boxes just in case TO has been fddling with the odds. So let's just say and Black Box / Container obtained during 2018. Thanks! You put us over 100.
-
I was crosseyed. :wacko: Thnaks, got it down now. I will post a first summary tomorrow afternoon sometime USA time.
-
THanks for the data. You raise a good point. All Container data is welcome. They can be obtained any way not just from missions. :) But I have to ask you to please clarify if 125 SA means 124 DA or 125 SU? Thanks. Wow Congrats on the Legendary paint. That's the 1st one in the spreadsheet. :)
Jump to content


































































