Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

LittleWillie

Tanker
  • Posts

    3 454
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by LittleWillie

  1. no missions on 4 accounts with a changed mission in each account means 0-16. Never saw holiday missions that rare before. Once again Tanki screws up
  2. Did you all forget to put in the special missions? I played multliple accounts and got zero of them. Completed them all to I am SOL. Is that why the server re-start?
  3. I call them jerks because a player in a team game that is only out for himself is a jerk. Not only that, he's a fool. See below. As for my playing time with Isida ... what a jerk comment you made ... Sergeant. At your rank you cannot possibly know anything. (See how easy and wrong that kind of bullshoot is?) Turns out one person (that's me) can play more than one account (that's LittleWillie). I have another account which started Firebird but changed full-time to Isida somewhere in the SGT ranks. And I kick ass while playing it. I am a very very strong Isida player, How do I know? I play the game and have eyes. Based on your comment that it is not worth it to heal a team mate at low health... it sounds as though you've never played Isida in your life. Turns out you get points and Crystals for healing team-mates ... and energy regenerates. It is possible to heal a team mate, then move forward recharging en route, then still attack the enemy. If you want to try to belittle me in public ... don't bring your knife to a gunfight.
  4. YES YES YES! My thought exactly. Parameter boosts, not simple 2x/0.5x multiplication of damage. e.g. Instead of DD, a boost to firing rate and/or turret rotation and/or width of auto-aiming arc. Your tank is better ... but how much better depends on each player's skill in milking as much advantage as possible. Personal skill becomes part of the equation. Also such a system might well allow longer duration and/or simpler cool-down conditions. Length of playing time is no measure of wisdom. Indeed, often time a fresh perspective sees things old-times miss because "everyone knows" something that ain't so, or perhaps what was once true isn't any more.
  5. As you say and as you can see above I did have an error ... but so did you :D . Both of us were off by the same magnitude, +/-10%. So, +30% DPS (for my Isida certainly) at a cost of -44% firing time. As for your second sentence you did not multiply by 130% or even 140% but by 200%. You addded an "orange" extension to the "apple" change Tanki made. But take your point .. You would welcome a dose of double-apple ... and I would consider that double bad.. As for point 2: Yes. When I started playing it was common to see my Isida teammate fly past me, at 5% health, i his lust to attack the enemy. SElf-heal was then knocked down to 10% and all those jerk Isidas vanished. The Isidas left were people who like the healer role and teamwork. In the last week som e of the jerks have reappeared - though not nearly as common as before.
  6. I have to apologize to the forum readers. I have been using the figure +20% to DPS when it is actually +30%. I must have typo'ed the calculator originally. Realized that after i posted my last mesage and hit the sack. So the current Isida's 5 second ammo clip compares to 6.5 seconds of last's weeks Isida, not 6.0. The overall point remains valid both on papaer and in game-play. The added DPS does not make up for the even higher energy burn. ... the add otho that the other nerfs.
  7. My Isida did 119/tick last week. Now it does 155. Before I had ~36 ticks. Now I have 20. I kill slightly faster but I burn through my ammo much faster. It has no self-healing now. It has a narrower easier-to-miss firing angle now. I've played with the change and my tank is now weaker than it was last week. There's no two ways about it.
  8. AS wolverine said, do the math. When math is the issue, use math not flowery adjectives like "massive". No, your Isida would be dead, mine would be moving on to kill my second victim. Once again the math says anything I can kill today in 5 seconds I could kill in 6 seconds before .. not 9. Six >>>>> (6) <<<<<. 1,2 x 5 = 6. This does not offset added energy burn. Not on paper. Not in actual game play. As you say, theory and practice agree. The new Isida is weaker than the old one. It is noticeable. Bumped a couple more Isidas to death today playing my shooter accounts.
  9. I am a regular user of vulcan on an alt account, SkittleWilie, which I play each and every day.
  10. No worries then. It was nerfed not buffed. Isida is now worse at DM than it was before. It has been made even more team-dependent. For ages I've argued against two common opinions on the Isida of 10 days ago. (1) that it was helpless in DM (it wasn't) and that 10% self-heal was "meaningless" (it wasn't). My K/D has always been higher in DM than in team play. In DM I am out for myself. In teams I am out for my team. I've has successful team games with a K/D under 0.10. In DM my K/D was always above 1.0. Playes called 10% self-heal worthless because after attacking they were no longer near 100% health. Well with a 10% self-heal I survived hundreds of encounters with only a sliver of hit points left. It was the self-heal that spelled the difference between killing and dying. I agree with you fully. The added DPS does not "pay for" the lower energy pool while attacking. Then atop that nerf add the loss of self-heal and the loss of firing angle. All based on what reason? If the player base has been screaming about "overpowered Isidas running amok" I missed hearing them. Based on this philosophy you should not have left any comment I've seen by you, ever. :rolleyes:
  11. LittleWillie

    48hrs experiment with supplies this weekend

    I am entirely willing to detrimentally affect a game mode I have never played in, never asked to play in, never seen played, and which is not an actual mode in the game selection such as DM or XP. These are the modes in which 99.99% of all EXP and Crystals are earned. If 0.01% suffers a downside that it a very small cost compared to most changes. Something always suffers. [shrug]
  12. I've thought about why healing is lower than damage. It seems to me Tanki does not want a healer to be able to prevent killing just to slow it down considerably. This seems consistent with other healer concepts in other games. The team's healers can keep the team standing for a good while. But eventually the energy runs out and/or the big offensive hitters overwhelm the healing. When you think of how it'd play the other way around ... there would be very little killing indeed. It'd be akin to World War One trench warfare. A lott of explosions going off but little progress made ... stalemate.
  13. "Vamparism" is another term for self-healing. They are one and the same thing.
  14. So is the US Army :lol: if not the USAF so much. :rolleyes:
  15. No. They said vamparism is not coming back. Tanki wanted to rid Isida of vamparism. OK fine. Here's how it should have been done: * Self-Heal from 10% to 0% * DPS boosted by 10% to 15% * Healing boosted by 0% to 10% (Some combination in these rangers is the "sweet spot") Done. No fiddling with firing arc or energy consumption. It'd be nice if Tanki would give Isida alterations that did not make it even worse but I'd settle for a basic model that was not nerfed for no good reason.
  16. Ahh I see. No I did not mean sittingon the enemy side of the map killing spawns. I spwaning moving to a firing spot and opening fire. If we are talking expectations the gattling-gun design is hardly a joke weapon. Dig: A-10 Warthog
  17. What does my comment have to do with "camping"? I didn't mention camping. I am talking about basic battle. I see some vulcans in one spot for 15 minutes just firing constantly. As for what happens in movies ... we are talking about game balance not movies. Look. At the same moment Tanki tells us they have to change Twins because it is time to take the brick off the spacebar. At the same time they change Vulcan to reward putting a brick on the spacebar. Well, which is it Tanki?
  18. As I said this was not a noob vulcan that sat in one spot. He moved around and that means not being against a wall 100% of the time. As I said he had good awareness ... he knew what I was up to and would back up/maneuver to prevent my circle-strafing him. He was good- and he died. Also: if you back against a wall I will move to your side and still rock off your aim.
  19. Much of my disgust for Tanki's recent Isida changes is the dishonest way they are described. --- "We want to make a bigger distinction between Isida’s roles of “fighter” and “medic”. For this reason, we have completely removed self-healing. So, after the update, Isida will no longer be able to use “vampirism”, which will fix the issue with exaggerated self-healing using supplies." --- This is just nonsense reasoning. OTOH this is an example of valid reasoning. Vampirizm is hard to balance due to the multimplying effect of the DA/DD supplies. Many players here have said just that. So why the nonsense about "roles". --- "To compensate for the removal of the self-healing mechanic, the update will greatly increased Isida’s damage, giving it the highest DPM among the other close-combat weapons Freeze and Firebird. And to make targeting easier, we’ll also be narrowing its attack cone slightly. There will also be changes in Isida’s Alterations" -- "Greatly"? Very misleading. The actual boost was +20%. "Highest DPM ... Fire and Freeze". This is a true statement but still misleading. Isida's DPM is about 102% of the other two, The casual reader / average player thinks "super-powerful!". The player who does teh math says, "Meh". To make targeting easier" is a flat out lie. A narrower cone makes targeting of both friend and foe harder. --- I expect a company to try to make a good impression but really - honesty and clarity are essential parts of that process. Be optimistic Tanki, yes, but be honest too.
  20. Of course part of the controversy is due to some people use "nerfed" to mean "ruined" and others mean "weaker than before". I believe the latter meaning is more common but when you have a lot of people using a slang term a lot of mis-communication is possible. I use it in the latter sense and I agree with you. It is still a damaging turret but I do not think this change was well thought out. I don't think this change will lead to more interesting usage of the turret. They rewarded sitting back and bricking the spacebar, and hampered it use on the less-common light hull option. As a Smoky player and a Vulcan player I know how to use and to counter this turret. I just got off a CP game with an enemy Vulcan/Mammoth who drugged a lot. This was a good player who moved and certainly had good battlefield awareness. He was not a sit and brick heavy hull Vulcan. So I put in my extra impact alteration and proceeded to ruin his fun. It's so easy to throw of even a vulcan on a mammoth's aim now.
  21. !61 Hours in Isda m2 so I guess eveything YOU write is wrong. Oops. v (links) ^ By the way, this sort of BS argument is called the Appeal to Authority Fallacy. Good bye
  22. NEWS FLASH! Dateline - Last week's Isida nerf. This just in: The tactic of bumping into an attacking Isida to throw off it's aim is back. With the narrow firing arc now and the tiny 5 second firing time bumping hulls is effective again. A couple bumps spaced around impacts from your weapon will buy you precious seconds to kill the Isdia. Meanwhile its burning up its now-tiny energy pool. Tried and tested true - at least for Smoky owners. Give it a try and watch the Isidas cry!
  23. So by this logic it would be better to do 1% more DPS but have a firing time of only 1 second. If more damage / second is ALWAYS better no matter what else, then the comment in pink is true, But obviously the is not true, so your premise is wrong. In the actual case before us, a 20% increase in DPS is more than offset by a 45% decrease in firing time. Overall the Isida has been weakened. Then on top of that firing arc has been narrowed ... Isida has been weakened. Then atop that, self-heal has been removed - Isida has been weakened. There's just no two ways about it. (PS: Do everyone a favor and look up the definition of "Literal". You are claiming 0 = 10. It does not. )
  24. LittleWillie

    48hrs experiment with supplies this weekend

    What can I say? Take it up with the Tanki game page. I do not know why their measurement different from this one. But clearly it does. The source I quoted is the one Tanki players see when they start to play. MY THAT MEASURE it was the highest number I've seen. Which means it was the highest number by that measure that I hapopened to see, nothing more. It is an apple to apples comparison. You are showing us oranges. Once again the point being: It is entirely possible that the announcement to experiment with cooldowns sparked a lot of interest in the Tanki playerbase. The point is NOT: this number proves a lot of people liked the experiment.
  25. LittleWillie

    Why Your Country is Great ?

    Well the original meaning of "great" is'large". My nation encompasses about eight million square kilometres so it qualifies. :mellow:
×
×
  • Create New...