Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

LittleWillie

Tanker
  • Posts

    3 454
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by LittleWillie

  1. Correct. And when this condision exists, Thunder/s individual shots do more damage than a Smoky Crit Hit ... plus Thunder adds splash damage. I think it even does a bit more Impact Force. Hard to see how this is considered "balanced". REAL VERY hard.
  2. Now that's the spirit! :D
  3. The only blatant OP turret really is hammer. Thee's just too many hammers going around at DD 100% of the time 1-shotting tanks. It is very hard to see how Thunder's ROF and damage-per-shot is justified compared to Smoky's performance esp when you consider the alterations which can make Thunder the faster-firing weapon. (As for what weapon is "the" m# weapon that is just an effect of Tanki's weird ranking system. Any weapon that unlocks last will get theis "the" crown. It is not a factor in balancing because on MUs which water down this "the" effect.) Striker is too early to say how it will be adjusted. But it is "the" long-distance turret when you think about it. Massive damage at massive range and even the substantial splash damage is at 100% at long range.
  4. I remember plenty of games when Blue won but maybe my experiences wren't typical. As mentoined above it takes teamwork to do well on both sides, not just 'me me me'. That's why I thught if nothing else, this format would be a natural for Clan battles. There presumably the best teams will do well. Also I simply like the variability the AS format brings. Having a dedicated offense/defense format is a marked departure from the other formats. And again I think it'd work well in as a Clan Battle format especially well if each side had to take each role in a Clan matchup. A definite drawback is this wold take resources from Tanki. Each map'd have to be playtested and balanced on its own. Say Racetrack might be 4 points / cap and Dussledorf 3. And so forth. As for Madness let's get Crazy ... A Defense site on top and one on bottom with all the pickup points on the ramps ... of vice versa ... the devs'd have a ball trying to balance out that one. heh.
  5. Obviously tankers were busy racking up kills over the course of the week, although I wonder if it's actually as it seems by this quote. If you grab your nearest calculator and plug in the number of tanks destroyed and multiply it by 0.33 (that is the 33%) and you will get 90,121,520 kills (rounding numbers here, getting rid of decimals). So 90 million more tanks were destroyed compared to the average (found by subtracting the 90mil from the 273mil), which is about 182,973,996 kills per week. wrong
  6. LittleWillie

    The Christmas AS Format on More Maps (& Clan Battles)

    I really liked the AS format used during the holidays. I know many people think it was too hard to win with Blue. But I actually think they made it harder for Red when they went to 3 points per capture. ANYWAY, it is clear the AS format can be balanced by adjusting the number of points awarded for a capture, by the rate the defender gets CP points, and even by the number of flags to pick up and bases to defend. I would like to see this format adopted to selected other maps. It seems a good fit for larger maps. Kolhoz, Dusseldorf, Berlin, and Lost Temple come to mind. Can you imagine AS on Madness? Crazy/ What do you think of this idea? Would yo like to see some maps adopted to the AS format? Should it be available only via a Pro Pass? What maps do you think might work? Something else to consider is the upcoming Clan system and clan battles. Even if you think the AS format does not work in pick-up games ... how about in clan battles where teamwork and coordination is supposed to be stronger? It Should AS be a special clan-only format? It is conceivable the AS format could be set to require each Clan to play one round as offense and one as defense. Any meat on these bones?
  7. LittleWillie

    what is the worst map

    ARG! Not Kunger. I love Kunger. Kolhoz nor somethig like that ... a long map that has a big valley in the middle and a tall islnd in the valley. I don't fault players for over-using those 5 maps. I fault the game's system for awarding ecp and Crystals. Those gnerate fastest when tanks are spawning and blowing up ASAP after spawn. These maps are used for power-leveling for the grind. And I'd do the grind too except for one thing. Unlike in all other MMO games I have played, Tanki gives the player no real reason to rank up - at least not fast. So I avoid the grind because I can. :)
  8. Reporting a coffee affecionado simply is coffee abuse and this shall not stand!
  9. LittleWillie

    what is the worst map

    Massacre is sublime ... by far the best map in the gmae! [swoon] Massacre is using terrain "realistically" Using a little roll of the land to protect you, shooting on the ove at moving targets on uneven terrain ... learn to lay this map and all others are easy. I love the hell out of this map. I wish there were a dozen maps built around the uneven terrain concept. :wub: I applaud your style. But in the game it is becoming all to common to see a Hammer or two running arounf with DD up all the time, just one-shotting everything in its path. :angry:
  10. LittleWillie

    what is the worst map

    i hate: Island Polygon Noise Hill Sandbox Because these maps comprise 80% to 90% of the created games. They all offer mindless tank slaugherhouse games. These games are the bane of Tanki. So many games are played on these mindless slaughterhouse maps that they skew the dats Tanki uses to "balance" the game. I hate these maps not just for the gameplay but because they bring the whole Tanki game down in quality. I refuse to play in these games. I do play in Sandbox but only to complete Finish in 1st missions, As for maps I do not like personally but will play them. Forest: Too many damn trees for Smoky users' aiming. Tribute: Zzzz and horrible spawning places on CP versions. Kungur: Just seems to offer dull gameplay and the 3 CP points for that size map is inexplicable. There are maps like Monte Carlo and Highways that I don't like much, but I realize shafts need "their" maps too. Same thoughts for the tiny maps like Ping Pong and duel... not for me but I see why they are there.
  11. LittleWillie

    Let's Discuss Striker!

    I've only fiddled with it on a new alternate account but I find it fun. IMO you do well in Tanki by knowing your system's strengths and moving on the field to setup those strengths. Striker's good points: Relatively large damage / shot. Full damage at very long range. Splash damage. Special attack mode with massive damage. Laser targeting. (Yes. this has disadvantages too) Pretty obvious but how to translate on battlefield. 1) Essential: Learn to shoot single missiles while moving and be able to hit moving targets at range. It's not for everyone I suppose ... but single shots are how you should fight most of the time, Once you get the hang of this the fun begins. Go to Parma and duel with enemies on the far edge of the map. 2) Use th elaser pointer to aim SINGLE shots. The laser can make sure you are pointing well esp at long range. Then fire a single shot and use that launch to adjust the follow-ypos. 3) Splash damage means you can miss the enemy but hit the wall behind them, They have trouble hiding whilke you garass. OR... fire at walls and often you will se damage numbers float up from unseen enemies. Let the missile fly. 4) When you learn to hit with single shots especially on the move then then you'll learn when the time is ripe for salvos. Being able to keep th elaser lockon while you move really helps. 5) In a team roles sense, I;'ve found Striker is the perfect weapon to reduce enemy defensive concentrations. When there's a lor of enemy around a flag, say. Or a sniper/vulcan or two w/Isida holding a chokepoint. Well then you rain in the missiles from long range and keep them raining. The splash dmaage constantly weakens them all. And if they pop out to shoot, they often run into a missile already in flights. That's the sport of special role I see. Anyway... just want to chip in. I think the turret is fun and can be effective. It's stil new and players are still learning how to use it best.
  12. LittleWillie

    Episode 122 of the V-LOG is here

    True, there is the clan chat. I'd forgeten that feature. That will make organization and coordination easier/ Let's say possible not easier. :P
  13. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes

    Nice detailed account. :) As Spit_Ryre said the auto-aim might have done it. If vulcan sees two enemy tanks on the same compass bearing gut at different heights it decides which to shoot at. Perhaps one of your teammates was directly behind you on a ledge, and the frustrated Vulcan cold not get his turret to select you. Just a possibility.
  14. LittleWillie

    Episode 122 of the V-LOG is here

    But how are they going to be caught? No one will ever report them. And even if Tanki became aware this was going on .... there are no "witnesses" that is no other players to get offended and make a fuss. It all happens in private away from spying eyes. Well, I could well be wrong on this method but one thing is sure. Thousands of gamers always find loopholes game developers miss and find ways to exploit them. :wacko:
  15. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes

    Same here on eye to eye :). But I am not not trying to dis your clan, just saying I am not phyched up by the peeks Tanki's given us.
  16. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes

    WEll congrats on a strong group. But thee's no clan battle system now to show you how well your clan mobilizes. And when there is a clan battle system unless there's another equally stable clan you're still not going to see many. If I read you right, you agree the pool of such stable players is rather shallow . . . Again, I am only expressing my take on what we have been told. What we have been told has be feeling skeptical that this will add mucjh to the game. What would ad much to the game would be to improve lag and connectivity issues.
  17. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes

    I've been in many online games. That sounds great on the forum. Now do it in RL and sustain it with only a haldful of players. One or two leave for any reasons and the group is hosed. Plus EVERYONE has to play at the same exact time ... I agree we have little info. I am just going off the little we have. The clan battles seem unlikey to be common ... but mych depends on the size of these clkans and we've been told nothing on that.
  18. There are a lot of players who kust aren't that good. You're gonna get inept teams very often. When a team you are on cannot manage to mount a credible fight ... leave the game and find another. Learn to detect good / bad teams early so you can bail out on the bad ones w/o wasting too much time.
  19. LittleWillie

    Shop Kits at 20% - 40% off all weekend

    Selling paints in the shop is a perfect way for Tanki to raise money. Owning a paint does not give the player any advantage over a non-buyer. But the revenue supports the game., Buying paints is a good way for the "good sport" player to support the game w/o just buying uber game equipment.
  20. LittleWillie

    Tribute to Smoky's final hours before nerf

    The change to ROF represents a 6.7% tp sustsaimed damage per second. The drop to critical damage brings teh total nerf to 7% give or take a tenth of a percent or so. This is not the end of the world but it is a significant nerf and I don't see where it's needed. Not when I see Hammers running arounf 1- or 2-hitting medium tanks at ranges of over 50 now, thanks to the new alteration. Rico and Hammer now fight at the medium ranges Smoky was supposed to work at ... they do more damage and hit with more impact force xan hit multiple targets or shoot around corners, have better vertical arcs .... So thanks for nerfing Smoly! And for doing NOTHI NG about lag ... still.
  21. LittleWillie

    Episode 122 of the V-LOG is here

    No comments on improving lag/connectivity issues. Another VLOG failure. I don't care about new content I care about making existing content work. As for the clan battle system ... this sounds like it will work for almost nobody. What are the odds every clan member will be onlone at the same time, not be in a battle on their own, learn of the clan battle, want to play a clan battle, then at last JOIN that one clan battle. Then a 2nd clan has to be all online, available, and stumble upon the created game. So maybe something like 0.000001% of all battle played will be clan battles. Talk abot priorities being out of order! FIX THE LAG! Tanki's IT people are real pros.Zero backups in seven years. Ding ding ding! You win a cee-gar for discovering the next exploit. Clan EXPLOITERS members create a 2nd clan for their mults. Clan MULT. Clan EXPLOITER creats a clan battle. Clan MULT joins the other side. An hour or two later Clan EXPLOITER members collect their 20,000 Crystals each.
  22. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes

    Dont worry. These sorts of childish, malicious, and self-serving posts do not influence game designers.
  23. LittleWillie

    Episode 121 of the V-LOG is here

    And NOTHING about improving lag/connectivity problems. Fail.
  24. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes

    Clans with 10-12 members strike me as absolutely useless except to a small minority of players. Say for instance a group of RL friends that have similar schedules and play at the same time in the normal course of events. For a global 24 game, a dozen clan members means a any given time only 1-3 will be playing. Let the epic battles begin. And this is going to end mults and cheaters ... how? Right now I couldn't care less about these clans. What I do care about is hearing Tanki tell us what they are doing to reduce lag and connectivity problems.
×
×
  • Create New...