-
Posts
3 454 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by LittleWillie
-
You want kill. Me like tactics.
-
I don't use supplies "all the time". I've even presented data. I use fewer than I get from missions. Every single player can drug exactly as much as I do. This objection is invalid. But I keep hearing it. Correct. I describe my experiences. I've never hinted at anything else. I keep hearing how the Isida at m3+ ranks is going to be a completely different experience. Yet I do not see any evidence of this happening yet. I play against Marshal level players now. If my m2+ gear is effective up to the million exp point level just when is life going to turn upside down? But let's say all of that is correct. In the the m4 game Isida cannot kill quickly enough. Fine. Then the solution is to add to the Isida's m4 damage output parameter. Done. There has been no objective data presented in months of debate on this forum to support the assumption Isida must, must have a self-heal rate higher than it is right now. It does not. It simply does not. And that. THAT, is and has been my point for some time.
-
Of course that is my plan. When I get the rank might be 2 years from now. Tanki gives me no desire to rank up. I might decide I'm done with Tanki in 2 weeks. Who knows? Why must I be forced to play sans supplies while every other player is allowed to use them? How is this evidence of anything? Other that you setting up a condition I cannot possibly win? Since you focus your question on drugs ... maybe THAT'S the issue at m4 levels not Isida's self heal percentages? Hmm? Just maybe?
-
Well. you do self-heal more. I dd notice the bar did refill notably faster.... if I lived through the battle, Problem was, I'd die with the alt up in a battle I'd have won w/o the alt up. What was Tanki thinking? My guess is this: 1) Self-heal turns out to be a monster. We llearned that much. We have to keep it at a low-level fo now on. 2) But players know self-heal was the key to their previous uber status, Many players want self-heal to be bigger. They don't care about balance just that they personally are "uber" 3) OK we'll give these people a bigger self-heal sat a high cost... just to shut up the complainers. We don't care if it does not work better than the unaltered Isida. In fact, we prefer it that way., because see #1.
-
I rented teh two isida powers duriing christmas and IMO both make the turret weaker. The m1 alt is obviously for easier aiming. If you aim well you do not need this at all. The m2 ateration allows more healing per reload and boosts the beloved self-heal rate. In all other respects it is inferior. It is for DM play IMO because losing healing ability is not a factor in DM. But self-heal is - in the opimnion of the majority of Tanki players at least. But in my experience it was far far better to kill the SOB on the other side as fast as possible. Now it is possible that the m2 alteration might work well if you ar teh sort of player who operates under DA/DD 90% of the time but the other players are not, But if this is the case you STILL don't need the damn thing.
-
You will wait forever as Tanki said they will not do this.
-
Based on very little direct experience playing striker I will just say all three changes seem exactly the sort of fine-tuning striker needs. That being said with the assumption none of these changes will be dramatic - I assume they will be along the +/- 5% to 10% magnitude.
-
I cant think of a more boring scenario than everyone with firebirds and light hulls. I know I'd never play it. Not once. F/W/H is about one thing: power-gamers wanting a situation where then can get 10,000 cry / hour while watching TV at the same time. No skill + an exploit of the awards system. No wonder tanki will not do it. Bravo to tTanki for that decision.
-
I disagree that the Isida m2 alteration is well-suited for the static defender. You do get more healing / reload but it is delivered slower, When the enemy is shooting you miss that 15%. Yeah, when you are in a slack moment you have the extra time ... but during slack time that self-heal boost is doing nothing for you. Here;s the thing. I spawn at 100% health every single time. Selfheal does nothing for me until I am wounded. Why should I be more concerned about a backup function (self-heal) than the primary functions (damage enemy / heal friend)? I should not. Yet the Tanki community on the whole believes this myth that the Isida is nothing but junk without a big self-heal. THOSE players are what the m2 alteration is for. For the players who do not want to do anything ore than press 2, 3 and spacebar. Just as the m1 alteration id for thise players who cannot drive and aim. Both Isida alteration are crutches for low-skill players. That;s unfortunate. But I understand the politics of the m2 self-heal alteration. Players wanted self-heal now they can have it.
-
Yeah I regret not buying a half-price m1 Striker turret. I created an alt just to try the Striker and damn it it is pretty fun. Aiming single missiles takes real skill esp while moving tangential to the line of shot. What I found is .. aim at walls and other terrain. And enemy might be behind that wall but you can slash him to death. The three changes coming up seems exaclty what the turret needs,,, based on very little direct experience. As for rating striker against the other turrets... players have only begun to learn how to fight this new weapon. Too early to make that call IMO.
-
During the Christmas special missions my Isida must have got the 150 kills mission about 75% of the days. That meant I spoent a lot of time in DM because that s how to get kills the fastest. In two weeks with heavy heavy DM play: 1,427 kills 1,331 deaths 1.07 k/d Is 1.07 k/d the sign of an unstoppable rampaging beast? Not it is not. But it is an indication the Isida is quite viable in DM. The average k/d for all players in all games in LESS THAN 1.00 because there are many many self-destructs in everyone's "D" count but no one gets a "K" for them. I should also add I probaby have a lower K/D in team gamnes because inb team games my role is to keep the team as strong as possible. That meas, as Alice said, sometimes it means healing, sometimes it means blocking the enemy and dying, sometimes it means sacrificing a teammate so the Isida lives on. But quite often it means dying because the enemy team is generally keen on killing Isida. The fact is AliceTreatPU is right. Isida is the most skilled turret to play. And, in the hands of someone who understands the turret it Fvvking kicks ass.
-
That's odd... I've played against up to Mashals as a 2LT with my m2 gear and did just dine. Finished in 2nd place a couple times ... in deathmatches
-
Well I am starting to see the return of the Eediot Isidas I've literally driven on top of an Isida trying to get it to notice a wounded teammate and this was not near a combat area. In the past couple days I've seen several Isidas charge past all allies in order to attack.. My suspect: The new Isida alteration to boost self-heal. The Preciosssss is back to a limited extent and with it come the return of the Gollums. And this noob has news for the Tanki community: These Isida players are the actual noobs. They simply suck at playing Tanki. The Precioussss supporters: Is this really the sort of game play that makes Tanki a more interesting game?
-
For 20 supplies I'm not gonna let them vampire off my social network. Not a real big deal to me either way.
-
Isn't is cute how individual angry people always insist they are not just one grumpy git they are the voice of some majority all staunch supporters of said grumpy git. So you say you are done with Tanki Online? OK. That's what happens in gaming. You play a game until you don't. Enjoy your next game and so long/.
-
I believe you, but then the matter is with the m4 Isida's specs relative to other m4 turrets - because the basic design works well on the m0, m1, m2 level. And once again, as a new player without the pre-conceptions of veteran players, I would full expect my team-oriented turret to be somewhat lackluster in solo play. There are 11 other turrets now to choose from if DM is a player's one and only joy
-
Wow. So well said.
-
Meg. Step one is linking my Facebook identity to Tanki's marketing network. In exchange I get a handful of supplies. I appreciate Tanki offers players added content but I am gonna pass on this one.
-
Was playing a DM game yesterday with a guy who kept a running commentart on who was using 'too many' drugs. Then someone joins and asks the scolding talkative one to team up. "Sure" says the scolder. Then another person whats to join theit team. "OK" ... So here we have a giy that would not shut up about something that is part of the game and entirely within bot th erules and the spirit of the game. The same guy has no problem forming a team in SOLO DM .. which ois not part of the game. It is an exploit and therefore it is - if not outright cheating - it is at least against the spirit of the concept of SOLO DM. Yet the Tanki community cries about what is legal and never utters a peep about what is cheating. SMH ... but what the hell. When I see cowards team up I feel free to use supplies lavishly against them. Heh.
-
OK, whatever. I must be imagining the dozens of DM matches where I've never finished in the bottom half. [shrug]
-
The freeze has an advantage but they do not beat me every time. If they are not at point blank range when the battle starts I have the chance to keep the distance open somewhat. A lot of this has as much to with driving as with the shooting. If I am ambushed from behind yeah it is all but impossible to kill a freeze. But if I ambush the freeze he dies so that's fair. And which turret exactly lives though a freeze ambush? That's not unique to Isida. As for the Firebird being underpowered ... I thought it was the poor Isida that was underpowered... hence this debate. :) I am not saying Isida is a dominant turret still. I am saying it is powerful in its intended role: team play in CTF, CP, and TDM. It holds its own in its secondary role: solo DM.
-
No apology needed! :o I've been jotting down exp, kills, and supplies about once a week for a few months... You gave me a use for the data so i posted it. I am a data guy and what you did make data guys happy not offended. :) I was actually a bit surprised to learn I'd used almost exactly what i'd earned. I thought I used even less. But anyway there's the numbers decide for yourselves Dear Readers... numbers are more useful than the term "drugger" IMO i've been using DD a bit more but quite often that is in a big healing situation. If I have 2-3 badly wounded medium/heavy teammates , or the same number under heavy fire, the only way to keep them intact is to pop a DD. The difference in DPS between a freeze or fire or isida is not so dramatic that the Isida is doomed to lose every 1:1 matchup. In fact at the Isida's maximum range the Isida DPS is higher than a comparable Firebird or freeze (hint. hint.) The Isida damage does not attenuate with range. the others do. The key to success with every turret and hull is in learning how to leverage your advantages. The isida has several only one of which is the self-heal. I also drive a nimble Hornet which I think makes quite a difference. I don't know the end-game but once again to me it is the end-game that is broken not the basic design concept of Isida. As for the added self-heal via the alteration... I agree. I'd rather kill the enemy and avoid the damage rather than repair some of it while i get pounded longer. I rented both during the sale week but chose to buy neither during the alteration sale. They are crutches not aids for the able.
-
Remember in any team game you get exp and Cry for doing damage even if you don't get the kill. Vulcan is great for spraying damage around.
-
Using both gives you big impact. slow reloads tighter damage distribution NO critical hits What you see is not so much flipping as violent lurching to the side. I just played a game Iran CTF. A medium hull (Viking IIRC) 100% health or near it with DA up and a Firebird turrent snagged the flag and emerged to the outside in the clear area surronding the town. I happened to be there with my healthy Vik/Smoky no power-up going. I hi the tank and s[un him a little. He know he could not outrun my gun so his choice to to kill me. I kept moving and shooing his front... I was steering his tank for him. It took me about 9-10 shots but he never got a lick of flame on me. He must have been SO pissed. My point meing... look for the effect. It's there. And if you hit a wasp just as it comes leaping off a ramp ... enjoy.
-
Yeah I played a game on the Kunger map with both alterations going. I reverted to my brand-new-player style of finding a firing point and taking targets of opportunity. I was at the broken wall running along the ditch. From there I was able to knock enemies on the bridge, on the plateau edge, in the village, and on over to th emap-edge hill with the RK pickup. I stayed there plunking for what was at least 4 full minutes. So many people on the bridge never got halfway over. So yeah, in a midrange firing point on a larger map this alteration can help that style. And with a DD a crit simply riuins a light hull's day.i am more of a rover but I ended u buying both alterations after all. If I a committed t smoky I may as well buy the tools.
Jump to content











































































